May 14, 2024, 04:18:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #162 5/10/10 - 5/22/10  (Read 343578 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »

Hi Monkeys----Thanks to all who gave a brief synopsis of what was going in court.  I wasn't able to watch it due to other things I had to do.  I appreciate the succinct comments.

A couple of things I noticed while reading after the fact and watching the videos.  In the video of Baez' comments after court, it appears that he has a black spot on his left cheek.  It looks like it might be melanoma.  I'd have it checked if I were he.  I also noticed for the first time that in profile, he appears to have a very week chin.  Kind of like a rat.

Cindy is much too old to wear the sleeveless dress she wore in court, not to mention it wasn't appropriate to the occasion.  She has saggy things under her arms as we all get as we get older (Except maybe Madonna) and either she should look in a mirror or George should tell her.  She seems to think she has become a glamorous celebrity.  Uh-huh.  No how, no way.  She's the mother of a notorious murderer and a notorious liar herself. 

The comment that Conway made about they are waiting for the trial to know what happened:  They know what happened and have known since July 15, 2008.  And as someone mentioned above they can visit Casey at any time during visiting hours, if she will allow it.  I don't think it would hurt for them to visit and tell her that they love her and have it released to the public.  In fact, IMO, it might make them and Casey more human.

I like Judge Perry a lot and have confidence he will make the correct rulings.
Baby, Spinderalla, The Evil Mistress of Doom, has known since June..remember on one of her calls you can hear her telling Crzy "I've already given you a month!" or words to that effect.

Hi Tevye--I understand what you mean and why you feel that way, but I have a different perspective.  I believe that the month to which Cindy refers means that she has been trying to get Casey to let her speak to and/or see Caylee or bring her home and Casey refused.  The reason I believe this is because IMO had Cindy known that Casey murdered Caylee prior to July 15th she would never have called the police, they would explain Caylee's absence to friends and relatives as Casey had her adopted, or she was with her father, etc. and no one would have been the wiser.  Hence, no charges, no trial, no death penalty.  Then Cindy and George could have gone on their ways, bone-idle George and Nurse Cindy, Lee would go on doing whatever Nerds do and Casey would be living her skanky life.  No Caylee, no worries.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2010, 03:56:36 PM »

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpps/news/state/051010-Casey-Anthony_7460890
Anthony jurors will be picked from outside Orlando
Casey Anthony motions hearing

Updated: Monday, 10 May 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 10 May 2010, 6:40 AM EDT

By NICK FOKIANOS | FOX 35 News

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony was back in front of an Orange County judge on Monday.

During the hearing, it was decided that jurors in the trial will be picked from outside Orlando and then brought back to Central Florida for the trial.

Chief Judge Belivin Perry said he will grant a change of venue motion at the appropriate time. Once the judge picks a location, he will tell the attorneys and then place a gag order on them.

Anthony's attorney Jose Baez had argued that Orlando-area residents had been tainted by negative media exposure.

Baez then argued for pictures of Anthony partying, supposedly during the time that Caylee was missing, to be sealed.  Judge Perry deferred a decision on that motion, asking both parties to work together on which photos they intend to use.
Near the conclusion of the hearing, Baez played a video which included clips from several television outlets in the Orlando area as well as individual video blogs, coverage he described as a media "frenzy."

WATCH THE VIDEO >>>>

On Tuesday, the defense will present arguments against the death penalty, which they contend is unconstitutional.

Last week Judge Belvin Perry denied a request from Anthony's attorney to seal all records related to the public funding of her defense.

Judge Perry said Anthony's attorney failed to prove that releasing the information would jeopardize her right to a fair trial. Jose Baez had argued that making the records public could reveal strategy and the type of expert witnesses the defense is hiring.

Anthony has been declared indigent, allowing public money to pay for expert witnesses and other costs but not attorney fees.
Anthony's murder trial is set to begin on May 9, 2011. All depositions of witnesses are to be completed by October 31, 2010. She remains jailed on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter Caylee who was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home on December 11, 2008. Investigators say the toddler's body was found with duct tape over her mouth.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »

Thanks Trimm 
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2010, 04:14:28 PM »

I looked carefully at the end of the hearing, because so many people have said that Casey acknowledged her parents for the first time.  Although I couldn't see what she said, (her back was turned to the camera I saw,) I observed Baez talk to her right before, it looked like he was coaching her, and she turned towards him as if to say, "Now?".  Then she walked forward and paused as if she were communicating.  All I can say, is too little, too late, if they are trying to rehabilitate her public image.  She appears cold, calculating and uncaring. 
I'm also of the opinion that something is happening in the Anthony household.  Perhaps Cindy's parents are ill.  I'm not sure but they seem awfully subdued and George looks dead eyed to me.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/051010-Baez-shows-judge-clip-of-media-frenzy
Anthony lawyer shows clip of media "frenzy"

Updated: Monday, 10 May 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 10 May 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Chief Judge Belvin Perry ruled that the 12 potential jurors and six potential alternates in  Casey Anthony's  trial will be chosen from somewhere in Florida outside Orlando, brought back to central Florida and then sequestered during the trial.

The judge said he will tell attorneys when he decides where to hold the trial, but that information will be kept secret until just before the trial begins.

Video at link
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »

Does anyone have a link to Brad Conway's interview today?  Also, anyone actually see Casey mouth the words to her mother?  Could I have that link too, please?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/05/casey-anthony-casey-anthony-says-happy-mothers-day-and-i-love-you-to-cindy.html
Casey Anthony: Casey Anthony says ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ and ‘I love you’ to Cindy
Barbara West, Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on May, 10 2010 12:30 PM
Discuss This: Comments(54) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The change of venue decision in the Casey Anthony case was the top story on noon newscasts.

“Casey Anthony will stand trial in Orange County, but the jury will come from somewhere else,” WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Barbara West said. “However, it will be a while before we know where. Chief Judge Belvin Perry said today he wants to keep it a secret as long as possible.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WKMG-Channel 6’s Mike DeForest noted that Anthony made eye contact with her mother, Cindy Anthony, when leaving the courtroom. “Casey Anthony smiled at her mom and said, ‘Happy Mother’s Day,’ ” DeForest said. “That’s one of the very first times we’ve ever seen Casey Anthony try to communicate with her parents in court.”

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing said that Cindy and George Anthony arrived at the 90-minute hearing about 30 minutes late. “At the end of the hearing, their daughter told her mother, Cindy, ‘Happy Mother’s Day and I love you,’ ” Kealing said.

DeForest noted that the most significant development in court was Perry’s announcement that he would grant the defense’s motion for a change of venue.  “Normally, that would mean holding the trial elsewhere, out of town,” DeForest said. “But the judge said it would be cheaper to move 18 jurors here than move several hundred witnesses, attorneys and court personnel to another city.”

WESH’s Kealing reported that the jurors will be picked elsewhere, brought to Orange County and sequestered for as long as the trial goes.

What’s next? A hearing on the death penalty Tuesday morning. Kealing highlighted that Andrea Lyon will argue for the defense.

“Casey Anthony’s defense team [will be] arguing that the death penalty is unconstitutional, it’s being unfairly applied in this case, it’s unfair to women,” WKMG’s DeForest said.

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »

Ahhhhhhh, just catching up again. So it was a Magic emblem on George's shirt! Well, dream on, Georgie, because that's exactly what it would take to get Casey out of this one!

Maybe he is the official potty cleaner at the facility and gets that super cute shirt as his uniform

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »

I found this statement rather interesting from the above article. 
“Casey Anthony’s defense team [will be] arguing that the death penalty is unconstitutional, it’s being unfairly applied in this case, it’s unfair to women,” WKMG’s DeForest said.  Unfair to women, but men facing the death penalty that is A-OKAY. This makes no sense.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »

A poster on WS was bothered by the note passing today, here is her post.         

OK, I just got off the phone with Kathi Belich, she said she will be looking into it. She has received several emails. I figured if anyone would check it out, Kathi would be the right person for the job. Hope it's OK to post this. I did just get off the phone with her.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

Does anyone have a link to Brad Conway's interview today?  Also, anyone actually see Casey mouth the words to her mother?  Could I have that link too, please?

Monkalicious......I don't have links. I watched Conway's interview and the jury consultant's who saw the Casey and Cindy's interaction on Court TV.....not sure if anyone records them or not.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »

OK, I just got off the phone with Kathi Belich, she said she will be looking into it. She has received several emails. I figured if anyone would check it out, Kathi would be the right person for the job. Hope it's OK to post this. I did just get off the phone with her.
Thanks.   

~ Peter Frampton
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »

Monkalicious......I don't have links. I watched Conway's interview and the jury consultant's who saw the Casey and Cindy's interaction on Court TV.....not sure if anyone records them or not.
Thanks, Seeme---I didn't get a chance to watch the Bradster's (I want to say con job so badly, but I'm restraining myself manfully!) interview and I was interested in his comments.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2010, 06:14:16 PM »

Thanks, Seeme---I didn't get a chance to watch the Bradster's (I want to say con job so badly, but I'm restraining myself manfully!) interview and I was interested in his comments.

I'd like to see that too.

~ Peter Frampton
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »

Thanks, NoRose.
Last week that same assistant sat in CM's chair while he was at a sidebar discussion and while Casey wrote on her legal pad, that girl had her cellphone and looked like she was relaying to someone whatever it was Casey was writing. When CM came back to the desk, Casey mouthed thank you to her.  Makes you wonder...

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »

I just watched the hearing and either I'm completely blind and/or I missed any note passing. I'll watch part 1 again later after I take my aggression out in Mafia Wars.

I thought Bozo sounded semi-intelligent today. Atticus Finch my arse! Lol! I loved the way Perry cut him off when he was describing the protesters.
What he fails to realize is that the looneys that were protesting were doing so because Casey was out on bond.

The 911 call is coming in as far as I'm concerned. Cindy can spin it any way she wants, but she was definitely frightened and on the verge of a breakdown when she found out that Caylee was really "missing".

I wish I could have seen Casey acknowledging her parents. Only 1 report so far says that she told Cindy she loved her.

Can't wait to see who's the first to spill which jurisdiction gets the case. I doubt it'll be Dade county only because the state objected to letting Bozo chose which one he wanted. I don't see how the demographics are similar anyway...old Jewish folks and Latinos.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »

Thanks, NoRose.
Last week that same assistant sat in CM's chair while he was at a sidebar discussion and while Casey wrote on her legal pad, that girl had her cellphone and looked like she was relaying to someone whatever it was Casey was writing. When CM came back to the desk, Casey mouthed thank you to her.  Makes you wonder...
Interesting, I hope Kathi emails this poster back.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2010, 08:46:56 PM »

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104343

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »

Thanks Trimm, would love to know what was going on with that note.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »

Thanks Trimm, would love to know what was going on with that note.

Me too. 

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/
Monday, May 10, 2010
JUDGE PERRY RULES! May 10 hearing in the murder trial of Casey Anthony

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.