May 13, 2024, 06:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #6 3/11/09 - 3/14/09  (Read 591016 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1000 on: March 13, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »

I don't think I dreamt this, but remember reading about Ron being seen at a Convenience Store at approx 2AM, the morning Haleigh went missing.

Will try to find print of this.

yes this was discussed at great length on other sites.

If this were true wouldnt LE have checked the video cameras in the store?

I would think yes.  I'm sure if Ron is so disliked in that area & by those posing as family members on these sites that it already has been turned in and checked out. 

I get the impression that Ron knows he's cleared and maybe has inside information now.
ck4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1001 on: March 13, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »

I tend to think his smirks were directed to Crystal and Geraldo. Kinda saying Ya right Jr came up with that by himself.

Fatcat : I didn't see a landline in home. Probably didn't want extra bill with them both having cell phones

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1002 on: March 13, 2009, 09:59:29 AM »

Ok wait wait wait a dang minute,she asks RC if he thinks Jr did say what Crystal says and he says "I dont know,I was at work,I was not there" with a sly smirk.. WTF was that about....   

I think that If Meridith asked him what day it was the answer would be "I don't know , I was at work "

OMG coffee....everywhere.   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1003 on: March 13, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »

did anyone see the video of the wedding where the bride/groom were sharing the cake bites? Misty kindof shoved the cake in Ron's mouth, kindof smearing it and I thought that Ron looked angry...and Misty sortof backed off....knowing that she might have messed up?

I saw their interview on today....couldn't Misty have said that her story was inconsistent cause she was confused, half awake and scared instead of leaving dumb space hanging and then saying, I don't know...maybe an honest answer on her part but this was her time to speak and clear her statements a bit...missed opportunity...

just want to say that I respect everyone's views on here...might not agree with everyone or what they say, but I respect their right to say them....

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1004 on: March 13, 2009, 10:01:33 AM »

Is this Crystal's weekend to take Jr?
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 
I see that I missed alot last night after I signed off and went to bed. I was sorry to see the drive by scolding by Rob, a monkey I respect and admire alot..Littleone, I am not impressed because everytime I have seen you come in here to post, it has been to comment negatively on the postings, I cannot ever recall you in here to discuss the case.  I have alot to say about Ron and Misty and make absolutely NO apologies for it. Alot of times I read things I disagree with or don't like and will my fingers to just scroll past it. The only negative things I may respond to is outright disrespect for another poster or views I perceive as racist prejudiced re religion sex race etc.
I believe all of the players in this Haleigh saga should be under the microscope.
As a parent who lost a child, I must say their behavior DOES NOT jive with their loss. I couldn't get out of bed, eat or sleep for weeks. I dragged myself back to work as a nurse 6 weeks later to try and do good, take the focus off of my pain and try to alleviate someone else's.And I dint want to hear any crap about how everyone reacts differently. If you have lost a child, then you are qualified to tell me that. Every parent I know who has suffered in this way feels the bottom of their hearts and world drop out. Everything that Ron and Misty has done has been self serving. Crystal was wrong to put Jr on TV, I see that as ignorance and she has since kept a very low profile, wisely so. I truly believe that Haleigh is gone from this life forever, and I truly want to be wrong... thanks for your time

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1006 on: March 13, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »

OMG~Things that stood out like a sore thumb to me:

1) Ron's church wouldn't marry them and don't support the union...

2) Police are concerned about the marriage in regards to spousal privilege

3) Ron and the "I was at work" line again

4) Misty's refusal to continue to talk with an officer who obviously suspects her if her told her she was lying (sounds like Casey...I'll talk to this one but not that one.

5) Another version of the story, in this one she called Ron after seeing the back door open and THEN noticed Haleigh was gone

6) Both stating they passed their poly, when even Mark Klaas said the best they will tell you is you did good and FBI stating that they don't tell them whether or not they've passed poly

7) Ron's inability to understand that police always scrutinize the parents first, and most, again Mark Klaas welcome this in order to clear them and find their child.

Cool Misty not being able to explain her inconsisitencies nor even attempted to

So many red flags

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
ck4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1007 on: March 13, 2009, 10:05:31 AM »

I find it hard trying to understand how Misty could be all smiley on her wedding day when Haleigh is missing.  How can you just turn off emotions like that. Makes me wonder if she was even emotionally attached to her.

If one of my friends children were missing I would be distraught and not be able to go on with a wedding... Nevermind my own....

It just makes no sense, she was the one responsible for Haleigh at the time.  How does this feel ok to do????

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1008 on: March 13, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »

Ok wait wait wait a dang minute,she asks RC if he thinks Jr did say what Crystal says and he says "I dont know,I was at work,I was not there" with a sly smirk.. WTF was that about....   

Bingo, I noticed that too, very sly looking for sure.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1009 on: March 13, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

I don't think I dreamt this, but remember reading about Ron being seen at a Convenience Store at approx 2AM, the morning Haleigh went missing.

Will try to find print of this.

OMG, , Grama,  that's huge!!

If you need help looking for it, let me/us know.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1010 on: March 13, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »

What do we thinking is missing from the house if anything?  Nebulizer, Inhaler? 

A person could not have come in grabbed Haleigh, stopped grabbed a nebulizer w/out waking her up and got out...any thoughts on this.

And would that be missing also if it's Ron & Misty who are guilty?

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1011 on: March 13, 2009, 10:07:32 AM »

did anyone see the video of the wedding where the bride/groom were sharing the cake bites? Misty kindof shoved the cake in Ron's mouth, kindof smearing it and I thought that Ron looked angry...and Misty sortof backed off....knowing that she might have messed up?

I saw their interview on today....couldn't Misty have said that her story was inconsistent cause she was confused, half awake and scared instead of leaving dumb space hanging and then saying, I don't know...maybe an honest answer on her part but this was her time to speak and clear her statements a bit...missed opportunity...

just want to say that I respect everyone's views on here...might not agree with everyone or what they say, but I respect their right to say them....
I noticed the cake eating thing too.  Ron didn't look impressed.

I couldn't understand why Misty didn't defend herself here either.  I expected to hear something along the lines of "I was half asleep... freaked out...didn't know what I was saying...", but not "I don't know".  I agree, she had the perfect opportunity to set herself straight here and blew it.

And the detective was rude so she walked out?  Sounds like they were pressing her big time for the truth and she still couldn't get her story straight, so she walked out.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1012 on: March 13, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »

I find it hard trying to understand how Misty could be all smiley on her wedding day when Haleigh is missing.  How can you just turn off emotions like that. Makes me wonder if she was even emotionally attached to her.

If one of my friends children were missing I would be distraught and not be able to go on with a wedding... Nevermind my own....

It just makes no sense, she was the one responsible for Haleigh at the time.  How does this feel ok to do????

If I was her, I would have so much guilt and regret and self loathing that my lips could not even form a smile, let alone being this happy looking...she is almost giddy...very inappropriate in my mind...just my opinion...each to their own..

jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1013 on: March 13, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »

Okay, running the risk of the big red button but here goes....

Is Rob and Red the same person?  tonight's outburst was uncalled for, IMO.  This is not the first time it happened.  There was the outburst with Alagary not too long ago, and the outburst with Always1.  Seems to me that we need to be careful because LittleOne will report us to Rob, and then we all get called out for a few posts by others.  Frankly, I am tired of a person who does not bother to read the posts but goes on someone else's say so, swoops in, gets the nasties out, and then swoops out. 

So give me the big red button BEFORE Rob does.  Who appointed him the zoo geeper anyway?

NO~Rob is not Red, Red isn't that way as he is very amusing and logical and IMO calls it as he sees it, he's far more diplomatic and does not pop in for a bit of "righteous indignation" drive by posting.
I was quite shocked at that post,Red???  hmmm... not sure I understand why that was said..I have never seen anything but nice posts from Red, i have not been here as long as some,but in the time I spent lurking before I joined and since,I have not seen Red post anything out of sorts,all very informative from Red IMO.. I am heart broken to see all this.

I wanted to know if Rob was Red because Rob acts like this forum belongs to him (and Little One).  When LittleOne reports that she does not like something on a thread, Rob swoops in, gets nasty, and swoops out, and feels that the rest of us should shudder because he has spoken.  I used to have respect for Rob's opinion, but after the cutsie little love letter to LittleOne on a Missing Person's thread, I lost all respect.  In other words, if he is Red, I would quit this board right away.  If he is NOT Red, then Rob needs to back off and stop telling the rest of us how to feel!  (And send his love notes via e-mail).

Yes, I am angry!  (Rob also ridiculed the spelling in one member's post, but he started off his note with the work "juss" -- whatever that means!).  Yes, I am angry with Rob and LittleOne.  They both need a time out, and yes, I am taking a time out, probably for a long, long time after all this.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1014 on: March 13, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=530723 

Anyone see this??  This is a good place to go and jot down discrepancies...

ck4
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1015 on: March 13, 2009, 10:11:53 AM »

Thats exactly what I thought she was going to say. She looks no more than 13 to me.  I think at 17, 25 is a big age difference. Misty might look to Ron like a father figure and hope for his approval on what she says and does. To be nervous and scared on 911, I would expect. I probably wouldn't remember what I said

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1016 on: March 13, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »

Not sure if posted but err..umm Misty walked out during questioning..not a good sign....

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/13/news/news01.txt

Couple again questioned by authorities

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:35 AM EDT
Lawmen investigating the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings searched land along a nine-mile stretch of highway Thursday as the missing girl's father and his girlfriend got married.

The search and wedding came one day after detectives renewed their questioning of the pair, Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin.

Croslin, 17, was caring for Haleigh when the 5-year-old girl vanished from Cummings' rented home in Satsuma more than a month ago.

A senior sheriff's official, asked by the Daily News if investigators were satisfied with results of the interviews of the couple, expressed concern about "inconsistencies" in Croslin's statements.

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Croslin ended her interview with detectives Wednesday and walked out during questioning, Bowling said.

Investigators also met with the 25-year-old Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Detectives are building a timeline including anyone who had contact with Haleigh during that time. Bowling described the repeated questioning sessions as a normal part of a major investigation.

"From the beginning, we have said that we will interview anyone, at anytime, as many times as need be, to get information that will help us find Haleigh," he said.

Bowling said investigators believe clearing up Croslin's inconsistent statements would help solve the disappearance.

Croslin declined to be interviewed when contacted Thursday by the Daily News.

"I would really appreciate it if you people would stop calling me," she said.

Meanwhile, Cummings and Croslin exchanged wedding vows at the home of Cummings' grandmother in Welaka about 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

The ceremony was filmed by a crew from "Today." The NBC program had arranged to fly the couple to New York City for an appearance on the program today and a weekend honeymoon.

They apparently became a couple after she worked as a babysitter of Haleigh and Ronald Junior a few months ago while Ronald Cummings worked nights at PDM Bridge Corp. in Palatka.

Haleigh's maternal grandmother said her daughter, Crystal Sheffield, had postponed her wedding plans until the young girl is found.

"I feel like they've got something to hide," Marie Griffis said. "Why are they getting married right now?"

Croslin called 911 early Feb. 10 to report Haleigh missing.

A sheriff's office report says the two children went to bed about 8 p.m. Feb. 9 and Croslin joined them about 10:30 p.m., but Haleigh was gone when Croslin got up at 3 a.m.

Haleigh's disappearance prompted a massive search.

On Thursday, 97 officers combed both sides of U.S. 17 starting about two miles from the Cummings home south to near the Crescent City Junior-Senior High School.

"The search is not the result of any information received, but is being conducted as one more step in the continuing search for Haleigh," sheriff's Capt. Dick Shauland said.

A portion of the area had been checked before, authorities said.

Agencies joining the Putnam County Sheriff's Office in Thursday's search include deputies from Clay, St. Johns, Bradford and Marion counties; plus the state Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, state Department of Corrections, U.S. Coast Guard and cadets from the Jacksonville sheriff's academy.

Staff writer Kristin Chambers contributed to this report.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com
Now we know for sure that Misty doesn't have her story straight with LE either.  Thanks for the link, Searching.
Not a problem.. Whatever she knows,she needs to spill it already. I am tempted to go over to Satsuma and shake the truth out of her. This is not a time to play coy,a child is involved.

Searching, I would pay your airfare and expenses if you would do that......
Hahaha save the airfare for bailing me outta jail, I'm in Polk county Fl.. driving distance   

Gotcha covered on that my friend, I'll even drive from Escambia County to pick you up and bail you out

[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1017 on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »

OMG~Things that stood out like a sore thumb to me:

1) Ron's church wouldn't marry them and don't support the union...

2) Police are concerned about the marriage in regards to spousal privilege

3) Ron and the "I was at work" line again

4) Misty's refusal to continue to talk with an officer who obviously suspects her if her told her she was lying (sounds like Casey...I'll talk to this one but not that one.

5) Another version of the story, in this one she called Ron after seeing the back door open and THEN noticed Haleigh was gone

6) Both stating they passed their poly, when even Mark Klaas said the best they will tell you is you did good and FBI stating that they don't tell them whether or not they've passed poly

7) Ron's inability to understand that police always scrutinize the parents first, and most, again Mark Klaas welcome this in order to clear them and find their child.

Cool Misty not being able to explain her inconsisitencies nor even attempted to

So many red flags

Word to all the above, IM..   Smile

Also about Misty and the "rude" officer, (I wasn't there, so I do't know) (/Whoopie Goldberg heh) it sounds like POSSIBLY a case of.... I'll talk to the one is buyin' what I'm sellin'; If you don't believe me hook, line, and sinker... you are rude and I refuse to speak to you; so do not question my veracity.

MOO. That is all.

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1018 on: March 13, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »

What do we thinking is missing from the house if anything?  Nebulizer, Inhaler? 

A person could not have come in grabbed Haleigh, stopped grabbed a nebulizer w/out waking her up and got out...any thoughts on this.

And would that be missing also if it's Ron & Misty who are guilty?

I wish someone would confirm what was supposedly missing from the house.  A stranger or some drug dealer wouldn't stop to grab an inhaler, let alone a nebulizer...they wouldn't even know Haleigh needed it.  I wonder if there really is anything of value to Haleigh missing or if GGMA Sykes is throwing monkey wrenches in there.

IF a nebulizer/inhaler is missing as well as a blanket I would tend to believe Misty had that little girl out at some point that night.
littleone
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1019 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 
I see that I missed alot last night after I signed off and went to bed. I was sorry to see the drive by scolding by Rob, a monkey I respect and admire alot..Littleone, I am not impressed because everytime I have seen you come in here to post, it has been to comment negatively on the postings, I cannot ever recall you in here to discuss the case.  I have alot to say about Ron and Misty and make absolutely NO apologies for it. Alot of times I read things I disagree with or don't like and will my fingers to just scroll past it. The only negative things I may respond to is outright disrespect for another poster or views I perceive as racist prejudiced re religion sex race etc.
I believe all of the players in this Haleigh saga should be under the microscope.
As a parent who lost a child, I must say their behavior DOES NOT jive with their loss. I couldn't get out of bed, eat or sleep for weeks. I dragged myself back to work as a nurse 6 weeks later to try and do good, take the focus off of my pain and try to alleviate someone else's.And I dint want to hear any crap about how everyone reacts differently. If you have lost a child, then you are qualified to tell me that. Every parent I know who has suffered in this way feels the bottom of their hearts and world drop out. Everything that Ron and Misty has done has been self serving. Crystal was wrong to put Jr on TV, I see that as ignorance and she has since kept a very low profile, wisely so. I truly believe that Haleigh is gone from this life forever, and I truly want to be wrong... thanks for your time

Mornin flamom...
First let me say that i am sorry for your loss.  Sadly-I think most of us have survived the loss of a loved one. I know I have lost my share -but choose not to discuss them here -right now. Maybe one day I will feel more comfortable sharing them with you all. I am also sorry if you think that i am here just to "slam" other posters..I apologize for that!

I just find that this case is an emotional one for me. I live and deal with people who are less fortunate than most on this board daily. To read some of the things i have read here and other places hurts me...like I said last night-What if either parents had NOTHING to do with Haleighs disappearance and we have another Couey on our hands? What if one day Haleigh reads these messages-(not just here but everywhere) where people are slamming her parents? Would she think that we really cared for her?
 I pray for Haleigh daily-I hope that one day we know the truth...

Again-flamom-I hope that you will accept my apology and I will try not to be so "negative" in the future.

Warning: NEVER~and I mean NEVER try to keep a secret from Rob. He is SNOOPY and will find it in 30 seconds. (Someone could/should have told me)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.