May 22, 2024, 05:27:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #780 11/26/08 - 12/3/08  (Read 279995 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: December 02, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »

Mitchell Ennis and Charlie Debardeleben
Holloway family friends

Arrived on the island on Wednesday morning following Natalee's disappearance.  Went to meet with Beth and Jug and talked with Van der Straten the first day.  Next day looking for Joran to talk to him and try to find out where Natalee is.  Went to the wrong school first, the headmaster there asked them to stop putting up the missing posters there since Joran did not attend that school.  They started to leave and when they got to their car, the headmaster jaywalked across the street and approached them.  He told them that he did not want his name used and would not want anyone to know that he'd told them this, but that Joran attended the International School and he's there now, he's been sleeping there in a sleeping bag.  So they went to the International School and talked to the headmaster of the International School.  He explained to them that Paulus had been there a day or two earlier with Joran and explained what had happened with Natalee.  He said that Joran had taken Natalee to the lighthouse because she wanted to see the sharks, and that at some point she had fallen; he was just volunteering information but all the while saying what a good boy Joran was and that his father was about to become a judge and was an upstanding citizen of Aruba...he was just doing his best to cover for them.  Greta asked if they thought the man was believable or if they were suspicious of him.  Mitch said he was suspicious of him because one of the first things he said was that she could have drowned and with the way the currents are they would carry her out to see and they would never find the body.  He mentioned that the night that she went missing, probably they couldn't tell that she came back to the hotel because the cameras were not working.  How would he know these things unless he was coached into it.  And I was suspicious of what he had to say because it, from the day one this thing appeared to be cover up.  The police's main objective was protect Joran and to heck with finding Natalee.  Greta asks why he says that.  Mitch says that Van der Straten told them "I don't think I could arrest my best friends son, I'm his godfather and I honestly don't think that he's guilty I think he's a witness.  Mitch says he told Van der Straten that it was strange that he was the last person that saw her.  Van der Straten said he was working on another angle on that.  Mitch says the other angle was the two black men. 

Greta asks if there was anyone else that they met that gave them the impression of doing a good job or not in the investigation:

Mitch says they had a meeting with them and had 25 questions, not one of them was answered.  Greta asked who the meeting was with...the police?  Mitch said the strange thing was the police should be investigating Natalee's disappearance, but they were told in the meeting that the Aruban Tourism Department was in charge of the investigation.  It appeared that they weren't trying to investigate anything, it was damage control, they were worried about tourism..Not finding Natalee.  None of their questions were ever answered, if they presented any evidence it disappeared.

Ministry of Transportation and Tourism

The Strategic Communications Task Force is a working group established in Aruba to address the issues surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Task Force includes representatives from AHATA (Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association), ATA (Aruba Tourism Authority), business and government leaders ...

What we do

The Strategic Communications Task Force’s goal is to stay abreast of all developments in the Natalee Holloway disappearance, verify if information given is truthful and bring forward the correct facts when necessary. The Task Force also aims to inform the public and media whenever there is information that can be shared and monitor media coverage both locally and internationally in an effort to prevent and minimize any damage to the economic well being of Aruba. The Task Force believes that it is very important to keep the community at large well informed of the latest developments.

http://www.aruba.com/nholloway/taskforce.htm

Steve Cohen
ARUBA TRUTH
December 7, 2005

A coalition of groups announced Friday the appointment of Steve Cohen to act as spokesperson to North American media, in regards to the Natalee Holloway disappearance case.

AHATA and the ATA appointed Cohen to deal with all media relations concerning the case which still commands media coverage in the United States. Mr. Cohen has been part of the Strategic Communications Task Force since its creation in June. He has a full knowledge of the case and is an associate of the Strategic Message Design Group that has served in an advisory capacity to both ATA and AHATA.

The goal of this action is to coordinate the responses of the private and public sectors to North American media.

Steve Cohen
DR. PHIL SHOW
January 29, 2005

Steve Cohen, special advisor to Aruba, came on the show hoping for a chance to talk to Beth about where the investigation stands today. Dr. Phil turns to Steve. "So, you're a paid consultant?" he asks.

"That's correct," Steve replies.

"And, who pays you?" Dr. Phil probes.

"I'm actually paid by the tourism industry, which is the Aruban Tourism Authority, and also a group called AHACA, which is an association of hotel owners on the island."

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=3041&slide=4&showID=

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #721 on: December 02, 2008, 12:26:09 AM »

This is the article that Greta showed and said that she had it translated.  She said it is apparently causing some heat there in Aruba.  She said that the Minister of Justice, states that this case is a "Stain on Aruba". 

Bondia 11/27/2008 A3
http://bondia.com (you have to login to read the complete article at this time)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »

Thanks monkeys for bringing the news and links to us tonight!

Someone pinch me...................

Is this story of the ARUBA DIRTY POLICE finally being told to the American public by a member of the mainstream Media?!!!???

This is too good to be true.  I hope Greta keeps pounding this story until it all comes out.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: December 02, 2008, 12:38:09 AM »

Mitchell Ennis and Charlie Debardeleben
<< snip >>
Greta asks if there was anyone else that they met that gave them the impression of doing a good job or not in the investigation:

Mitch says they had a meeting with them and had 25 questions, not one of them was answered.  Greta asked who the meeting was with...the police?  Mitch said the strange thing was the police should be investigating Natalee's disappearance, but they were told in the meeting that the Aruban Tourism Department was in charge of the investigation.  It appeared that they weren't trying to investigate anything, it was damage control, they were worried about tourism..Not finding Natalee.  None of their questions were ever answered, if they presented any evidence it disappeared.
Just peeking in ... for a bit..   
I do hope that Beth and the "International Safe Travels Foundation" push the issue that if another family is ever has to go through something like this  anywhere  and esp. in another cournty...  Demand a Recording be made or just do a recording of everything

Thank You texasmom for being a Monkey Scribe...

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: December 02, 2008, 12:39:47 AM »

Is this story of the ARUBA DIRTY POLICE finally being told to the American public by a member of the mainstream Media?!!!???

This is too good to be true.  I hope Greta keeps pounding this story until it all comes out.

Yes, it's true!!!  Just listen to Ambassador Mark Lagon closely.....a region in which corruption and lack of efficacy in law enforcement is serious!

I agree, Greta's taken a beating by some over all of this (me being one at times)

BUT AT LEAST SHE'S TRYING!!!!!! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: December 02, 2008, 12:44:42 AM »

Many "you're welcome's" to all the thank you's for the reports on Greta's show!!!

I'm just so happy that Greta asked some really good questions tonight!  And also got a lot of good information out to the public. 

I just listened to the interview again with Amb Mark Lagon..still couldn't understand exactly what Greta said in some areas...we'll have to check the transcript on that one.

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #726 on: December 02, 2008, 12:50:17 AM »

Yes, it's true!!!  Just listen to Ambassador Mark Lagon closely.....a region in which corruption and lack of efficacy in law enforcement is serious!

I agree, Greta's taken a beating by some over all of this (me being one at times)

BUT AT LEAST SHE'S TRYING!!!!!! 

Yes.....She is TM.......Yes .....She is Trying Very Hard in My Book! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #727 on: December 02, 2008, 12:53:23 AM »

Many "you're welcome's" to all the thank you's for the reports on Greta's show!!!

I'm just so happy that Greta asked some really good questions tonight!  And also got a lot of good information out to the public. 

I just listened to the interview again with Amb Mark Lagon..still couldn't understand exactly what Greta said in some areas...we'll have to check the transcript on that one.
I agree TM...I also listened to it again and could not hear what was exactly said a transcript will hopefully shed some light on what I thought I heard....Thanks TM! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #728 on: December 02, 2008, 12:55:21 AM »

Aruba Toursim?

Didn't we just hear Steve Cohen ("aruba isn't corrupt so much as confused") Yukin it up with Dana on the radio the other day? Didn't they spend most of their time criticizing Greta?

She is finally drawing out the obvious, that the dirty police had to be involved in the coverup.

If only she would probe more about the guards. Why a murder when the guards are in jail?

And why change to a "disappearance?"

Because the police knew the evidence was gone, van der straaten ensured they would not find Natalee in the first 48 hours, and the van der sloot house was the only safe place for that.

She died there.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: December 02, 2008, 12:58:53 AM »

Part of John Q. Kelly (Attorney for Natalee's parents) letter to the Aruban Prosecutor:

"A newly released videotape of Joran van der Sloot making statements against penal interest (admitting to kidnapping, human trafficking, conspiracy, and other crimes) to Greta van Susteren is readily available and independently corroborated by the undisputed fact that he was the last person with Natalee when she vanished from the beach by the fisherman's huts.  That coupled with the fact that he initially fabricated demonstrably false accounts as to what happened to Natalee...and was accused by the Kalpoes of engaging in criminal conduct in Natalee's disappearance...in a June 29, 2005 surreptitiously recorded audiotape, all provide a more than sufficient legal basis for the immediate issuance of an arrest warrant for Joran van der Sloot." Per Greta...he also states that there is enough evidence to arrest Paulus van der Sloot and Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

Thanks for posting that Texasmom. That statement is good lawyering by JQK to put pressure on Aruba. They even went as far as saying Hans Mos should be fired tonite and questioned Holland's apathy in seeing their prosecutor fail to do his job.

Regardless of whether Hans moves to look at Greta's evidence or not he already has proven that he's conspiring to close the case. No honest prosecutor refuses to look at tips and evidence.

I agree Dayhiker!  But I also agree with Greta's collegues that said why is Rudy Croes talking to Hans Mos through the newspaper?  They said he should call him up, tell him to get with the program or fire him!  Rudy Croes is awful late with his criticisms in my opinion! 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: December 02, 2008, 12:59:08 AM »

Charlie Debardeleben is a member of one of the oldest and
wealthest familys in the Birmingham area.  They are highly
respected.  I don't know if that matters much.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: December 02, 2008, 01:00:03 AM »

Pinch pinch... Let's email Greta how much we appreciate her covering this and brining out the cover-up and the public's awaremess on human trafficking.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: December 02, 2008, 01:01:04 AM »

Meant "awareness" not "awaremess"

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: December 02, 2008, 01:02:27 AM »

Hans Mos would probably love to be fired at this point, he's on his way out anyway and wouldn't have to deal with it!

Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #734 on: December 02, 2008, 01:03:31 AM »

Some of you may recognize Charlie from what may have been Beth's first press conference on the island. Beth broke down crying and Charlie and another friend helped Beth leave the room.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: December 02, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »

Charlie Debardeleben is a member of one of the oldest and
wealthest familys in the Birmingham area.  They are highly
respected.  I don't know if that matters much.

Thanks Magnolia!  I don't know that it matters either but appreciate the information.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: December 02, 2008, 01:06:44 AM »

Part of John Q. Kelly (Attorney for Natalee's parents) letter to the Aruban Prosecutor:

"A newly released videotape of Joran van der Sloot making statements against penal interest (admitting to kidnapping, human trafficking, conspiracy, and other crimes) to Greta van Susteren is readily available and independently corroborated by the undisputed fact that he was the last person with Natalee when she vanished from the beach by the fisherman's huts.  That coupled with the fact that he initially fabricated demonstrably false accounts as to what happened to Natalee...and was accused by the Kalpoes of engaging in criminal conduct in Natalee's disappearance...in a June 29, 2005 surreptitiously recorded audiotape, all provide a more than sufficient legal basis for the immediate issuance of an arrest warrant for Joran van der Sloot." Per Greta...he also states that there is enough evidence to arrest Paulus van der Sloot and Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

Thanks for posting that Texasmom. That statement is good lawyering by JQK to put pressure on Aruba. They even went as far as saying Hans Mos should be fired tonite and questioned Holland's apathy in seeing their prosecutor fail to do his job.

Regardless of whether Hans moves to look at Greta's evidence or not he already has proven that he's conspiring to close the case. No honest prosecutor refuses to look at tips and evidence.

I agree Dayhiker!  But I also agree with Greta's collegues that said why is Rudy Croes talking to Hans Mos through the newspaper?  They said he should call him up, tell him to get with the program or fire him!  Rudy Croes is awful late with his criticisms in my opinion! 

The criticism by R. Croes IMO has perfect timing... Mos is going back to Holland and maybe Croes is grandstanding.. iMO a bit too late. Like 3 1/2 years.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: December 02, 2008, 01:07:26 AM »

Some of you may recognize Charlie from what may have been Beth's first press conference on the island. Beth broke down crying and Charlie and another friend helped Beth leave the room.

Thanks Yellow Ribbon!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: December 02, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »

Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: December 02, 2008, 01:16:11 AM »

Wow! You guys found that picture quickly. To me it's a picture that sums up the case more than any other.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.