May 20, 2024, 07:01:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #41 5/26/09 - 6/12/09  (Read 314485 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1180 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »

Evening Monkeys, Since today is the 65th anniversay of the Normandy invasion, I thought I could post some pictures. If it is off topic by all means delete them. JSM

This is the American Cemetary.

This is in St Mere Egliese (sp) where the guy in the movie gets hung up on the church steeple.

This is in the church where the guy was stuck on the steeple. It is stained glass window dedicated to the paras. If you look you can see there are paratroopers on each side of the stained glass.

This is that boat sinking stuff they had put in the water before the invasion. Not really sure what it is called.

And this is the German Cemetary. I had to take a picture of these tombstones because one of the kids was like only 14 years old.

So, there are a few pictures of my one day trip to Normandy with my 11 year old nephew. He is now 16 and that trip taught him what freedom is about.

God Bless the Troops that liberated France 65 years ago today.

Thanks for letting me post these, like I said if they are off topic by all means delete them. TIA JSM

Thank you JSM. The pictures are beautiful and touching. I have only allowed myself to watch the Normandy invasion rememberances today on TV. I heard one of the soldiers that were there that day say the young boys that were landing at the beach were frantically looking for a place, any place, to take cover. Of course, there was no place to hide.  They were sitting ducks and still they stormed ahead.
It boggles the imagination what they went through. One of my mama and daddy's friends was there that day. He was a young man at the time and had two small children. My family lived in the duplex next door to them during the war. Thank God he made it!! He was also in a German prison camp in France, and hated the Red Cross for as long as he lived. He said the RC representatives came to the camp to see about the American soldiers that were captured, and all they brought with them was tooth brushes. He said they were starving, but lived to fight to the remainder of the war after he was later liberated. They fatten him up a couple of weeks and away he went again. Tough people! He was a funny man though, and told some tales. He is gone now, but not in my heart.   an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1181 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:57 PM »

Boo, your avi scares me!!!

I hear that horror movie sound in the background.  Grissom's head is sitting on top of the water!!!   

Gee Bearly, never looked at it that way!! I just thought it looked like Grissom was swimming in a pond. Now that I look at it your way it is a bit disturbing. Hmmmm, good, I like it more now.  Kinda like The Creature from the Black Lagoon!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1182 on: June 06, 2009, 08:39:12 PM »

JSM, Thank you for posting those beautiful and somber pictures. They are very appropriate and such a tribute to you, one of our Monkeys to remember.  Bless you.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1183 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:41 PM »

JSM, Thank you for posting those beautiful and somber pictures. They are very appropriate and such a tribute to you, one of our Monkeys to remember.  Bless you.

And I agree with SweetMorgan's sentiments.  Thank you, JSM. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1184 on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

Evening Monkeys, Since today is the 65th anniversay of the Normandy invasion, I thought I could post some pictures. If it is off topic by all means delete them. JSM

This is the American Cemetary.

This is in St Mere Egliese (sp) where the guy in the movie gets hung up on the church steeple.

This is in the church where the guy was stuck on the steeple. It is stained glass window dedicated to the paras. If you look you can see there are paratroopers on each side of the stained glass.

This is that boat sinking stuff they had put in the water before the invasion. Not really sure what it is called.

And this is the German Cemetary. I had to take a picture of these tombstones because one of the kids was like only 14 years old.

So, there are a few pictures of my one day trip to Normandy with my 11 year old nephew. He is now 16 and that trip taught him what freedom is about.

Thanks for letting me post these, like I said if they are off topic by all means delete them. TIA JSM

Thank you JSM. The pictures are beautiful and touching. I have only allowed myself to watch the Normandy invasion rememberances today on TV. I heard one of the soldiers that were there that day say the young boys that were landing at the beach were frantically looking for a place, any place, to take cover. Of course, there was no place to hide.  They were sitting ducks and still they stormed ahead.
It boggles the imagination what they went through. One of my mama and daddy's friends was there that day. He was a young man at the time and had two small children. My family lived in the duplex next door to them during the war. Thank God he made it!! He was also in a German prison camp in France, and hated the Red Cross for as long as he lived. He said the RC representatives came to the camp to see about the American soldiers that were captured, and all they brought with them was tooth brushes. He said they were starving, but lived to fight to the remainder of the war after he was later liberated. They fatten him up a couple of weeks and away he went again. Tough people! He was a funny man though, and told some tales. He is gone now, but not in my heart.   an angelic monkey
Thanks for looking at my pictures and remembering your parent's friend. I'm sorry for him being held as a POW. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my pictures, this is just a day that I will always remember. My grandad was there. He was an old man of 34 when he was there. Thanks again Fanny for looking at the pics. JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1185 on: June 06, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »

And I agree with SweetMorgan's sentiments.  Thank you, JSM. 
Thanks Sweet Morgan and Muffy. I appreciate your posts.  an angelic monkey JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1186 on: June 06, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »

JSM, the pics are beautiful and very much appreciated. Each and every one of those men are heroes.  an angelic monkey

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1187 on: June 06, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »

JSM, the pics are beautiful and very much appreciated. Each and every one of those men are heroes.  an angelic monkey
Thanks Boo.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1188 on: June 06, 2009, 09:00:53 PM »

Thanks, JSM.  The only thing off topic in musings is saying the words "off topic."   Monkey Devil!

You should start a thread with those pics, if none is started already.  That way everyone will get a chance to see them.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1189 on: June 06, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »

Good evening Dear Monkeys.  What's up? 

You are.  Come down from the rafters and visit more often!

I believe in miracles!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1190 on: June 06, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »

Hey everyone!!

MD, I have missed you!!!

Hi Monkeys!!!  I am glad to be here for the big day!!!

You know, that day each year before Red sets all the post counts back to zero.

Bearly - too funny  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!   Isn't that on June 7?  I think Red calls it ZDay or something, lol  Monkey Devil!  (Zero Day)

OK, that is very funny!  YOU do realize that you just have to put up with another 10,000 posts from me....right?       Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

It's Z Day somewhere.  3 1/2 hours here on the East Coast until that big time arrives for mytime!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Love you, Chickie!!!

(You know I mean Klaas, right?)

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Mytime, I love you too, in a big way.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Ahhh, thank you Bearly.  I love you too!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: June 06, 2009, 09:09:43 PM »

I have had so many incidents happen to me at zoos and amusement parks, that I could write a book  My favorite was when I was talking to a llama at a zoo in Albuquerque, and I guess he didn't like my voice, because he threw up on me. I will not go to zoos or amusement parks anymore.

Maybe he was choking and you saved his life.

Always looking on the bright side eh, Bearly??   

Here is something for everyone.  It stars many of our monkeys and mytime's star!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmzqobG2E0

I believe in miracles!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1192 on: June 06, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

Thanks, JSM.  The only thing off topic in musings is saying the words "off topic."   Monkey Devil!

You should start a thread with those pics, if none is started already.  That way everyone will get a chance to see them.

Thanks Bearly, but I don't know how to make a thread and I don't think my four pictures deserve a thread. I just didn't know where to post them today.

I just figured out how to do the photobucket today.  JSM is very technically challenged.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1193 on: June 06, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »

I hear that horror movie sound in the background.  Grissom's head is sitting on top of the water!!!   

Gee Bearly, never looked at it that way!! I just thought it looked like Grissom was swimming in a pond. Now that I look at it your way it is a bit disturbing. Hmmmm, good, I like it more now.  Kinda like The Creature from the Black Lagoon!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1194 on: June 06, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »

SM, I hope you are de-clawed!!!  Take cover, Monkeys!!!

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1195 on: June 06, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »

Thanks for looking at my pictures and remembering your parent's friend. I'm sorry for him being held as a POW. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my pictures, this is just a day that I will always remember. My grandad was there. He was an old man of 34 when he was there. Thanks again Fanny for looking at the pics. JSM

JSM, you have got to be the Monkey All Star for apologizing!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1196 on: June 06, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »

It could also be like those carnival and boardwalk games.  Instead of whack-a-mole, it's whack-a-boo.  Kinda catchy, don't you think?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:37:14 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1197 on: June 06, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »

Ahhh, thank you Bearly.  I love you too!   

Thank you. 

an angelic monkey

My son says, ahhhhhhhhhh, and about me he says, I'm starting to like you now.

Teenagers, where would our egos be without them!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1198 on: June 06, 2009, 09:36:28 PM »

Thanks Bearly, but I don't know how to make a thread and I don't think my four pictures deserve a thread. I just didn't know where to post them today.

I just figured out how to do the photobucket today.  JSM is very technically challenged.

Red already did it for you.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5336.0

I believe in miracles!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1199 on: June 06, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »

Red already did it for you.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5336.0

Red did? Did I do something wrong? TIA JSM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.