May 14, 2024, 07:43:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #31 2/20/10 - 4/13/10  (Read 494952 times)
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1060 on: March 24, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »

This is off subject but didn't know where to post it.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
Could not remember the child's name but is the little boy that walked out his back door and never seen again.

I am sorry please remove this as I have found the correct thread.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1061 on: March 24, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »

This is off subject but didn't know where to post it.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
Could not remember the child's name but is the little boy that walked out his back door and never seen again.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6687.msg1100164#msg1100164

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1062 on: March 24, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

Willam "Cobra" Staubs In Court on Wednesday

Jessica Clark     Created: 3/24/2010 5:28:38 PM    Updated: 3/24/2010 5:52:17 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The private investigator from South Florida that helped in the search for Haleigh Cummings will not be able to investigate in northeast Florida for a year.

William "Cobra" Staubs was in court today after a Putnam County man filed a false imprisonment charge against Staubs in 2009. 

Today, at the Putnam County courthouse, Staubs entered a no-contest plea to the lesser charge of battery and received one year of probation.

But one condition of the sentence bars Staubs from conducting any bondsman activity or investigation work in the 7th Judicial Circuit during the year, and that means he would not be able to investigate the Haleigh case in Putnam.

THE SEARCH FOR HALEIGH CUMMINGS

According to the clerk's office, another condition that goes along with Staubs' sentence is that he can have no contact with the victim while on probation.

Five-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared in February 2009 after going to bed in her father's home.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings' then-girlfriend, Misty Croslin, was babysitting that night, and told investigators she put Haleigh to bed, and when she woke up, Haleigh was gone.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=153788&provider=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1063 on: March 24, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »

UCN: 542007CF002375XXAXMX
File Date: 2007-12-19   Judge: EDWARD E HEDSTROM    
Defense Atty: MULLIGAN, JEREMIAH S

Defendant
SNODGRASS, DANIEL E
Alias
SANGRASS, DANIEL E

2010-03-04   189   MOTION HEARING MINUTES: DEFENSE MOTION TO WITHDRAW
2010-03-04   189   AND APPOINT REGIONAL CONFLICT COUNSEL GRANTED
2010-03-04   189   CASE CONTINUED TO 4/13/2010 PRE-TRIAL
2010-03-04   190   ORDER ALLOWING PUBLIC DEFENDER TO WITHDRAW AND
2010-03-04   190   APPOINTING REGIONAL CONFLICT COUNSEL

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Heart
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #1064 on: March 24, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »

Defendant
SNODGRASS, DANIEL E
Alias
SANGRASS, DANIEL E

This just makes me sick, he was charged for these crimes:

2007-12-19   1   COMPLAINT - PCSO DET. KE TAYLOR (9/23/07)
2007-12-19   1   CAPITAL SEXUAL BATTERY
2007-12-19   1   LEWD & LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION

and has not gone to trial yet. what the heck is wrong with the judicial system in PC?

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1065 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »

agreed OS!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1066 on: March 24, 2010, 09:49:56 PM »

Defendant
SNODGRASS, DANIEL E
Alias
SANGRASS, DANIEL E

This just makes me sick, he was charged for these crimes:

2007-12-19   1   COMPLAINT - PCSO DET. KE TAYLOR (9/23/07)
2007-12-19   1   CAPITAL SEXUAL BATTERY
2007-12-19   1   LEWD & LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION

and has not gone to trial yet. what the heck is wrong with the judicial system in PC?

Yes. That is insane!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1067 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »

Haleigh bounty hunter pleads guilty to battery

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:57 AM EDT

A bounty hunter accused of illegally detaining a Putnam County sex-abuse suspect while investigating the Haleigh Cummings case pleaded guilty Wednesday to battery.

William Staubs, 52, who calls himself "Cobra," was charged one year ago with false imprisonment for apprehending and handcuffing William Snodgrass, 55, who at the time was home on bond while charged with capital sexual battery of a 9-year-old girl in 2007.

Snodgrass was held for an hour, deputies said.

During a hearing Wednesday in Palatka, Staubs pleaded guilty to battery, a first-degree misdemeanor and lesser charge associated to false imprisonment.

Circuit Judge Ed Hedstrom sentenced Staubs to one year probation and barred him from working as a bondsman in the 7th Judicial Circuit, which includes Putnam County

Staubs traveled to South Putnam last year in the wake of the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings on Feb. 10, 2009.

Staubs, who has worked for bail agencies, insisted he had authority to place Snodgrass in custody.

According to a report filed by Deputy Richard Griffin, who interviewed several witnesses, Staubs had driven his black SUV to the Snodgrass residence, parked and walked past a "No Trespassing" sign.

Snodgrass, who had called 911, stepped outside after deputies arrived, Griffin said.

Even though no warrant had been issued, Staubs told Snodgrass he was under arrest and handcuffed his arms and his legs and "forced him to the ground," Griffin said.

Staubs then shoved his knee into Snodgrass's back, and "yanked" him off the ground into the SUV, Griffin said.

Snodgrass was questioned for an hour by Staubs while being driven around the Satsuma area with a cameraman, Martin Reed, riding along before Snodgrass was taken back home, Griffin said.

Staubs asked Snodgrass if they "were cool" after returning to the residence, asked for a hug and offered to do free private investigation work, the report said.

Staubs reportedly told Snodgrass he wouldn't have been arrested if he had answered Staubs' questions.

Snodgrass signed a complaint affidavit against Staubs for false imprisonment, the report said.

The sex-abuse case charge against Snodgrass is still pending, officials said.

Staubs was one of several people who came to Putnam County as the Haleigh disappearance unfolded. No trace of the child has been found despite a massive search of the area and investigation by the county sheriff's office, as well as state and federal agencies.

More than 5,000 tips have been called in to the sheriff's office in connection with the case.

Meanwhile, Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin, who was babysitting the child the night she vanished, are jailed on narcotics trafficking charges unrelated to the disappearance.

Daily News staff writer Kristin Chambers contributed to this article

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/03/25/news/news01.txt

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1068 on: March 25, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »

snipped from the above article supplied by Heart:

The sex-abuse case charge against Snodgrass is still pending, officials said.

odd that the case against Cobra who "violated" Snodgrass is already in court while the sex abuse charge against Snodgrass who violated an innocent child is still pending...Shows what our court system deems important??? what is wrong with our system??

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1069 on: March 25, 2010, 09:32:06 AM »

Haleigh Cummings – One Sideshow Ends, Others Start – Enter Daniel Snodgrass

Posted on March 24th, 2010
by Simon Barrett in Society and Culture, crime

The fall out from the Cobra debacle is just starting. BNN now has a copy of Daniel Snodgrass’s deposition. The quality of the pdf is horrible, and we are trying to enhance it. There was a section early in the depo that caught my attention. Cobra’s involvement started on the 20th. But read this little slice of heaven

Questions (Q) are from attorney Donald Holmes, and Answers (A) are from Daniel Snodgrass.

Holmes asks the question of when Snodgrass first had contact with Cobra, the answer goes off in an interesting tangent.

Q) All right. Prior to march 20th had you any contact with Mr. Staubs?

A) Well it all started on March 17th ,Tuesday, I was trying to be a nice guy, and went to the Haleigh Cummings headquarters and offered them furniture that I had at the house. I was just trying to eliminate and get rid of my stuff and junk, and I had a bunch of desks and office furniture to – to donate to the cause.

And Jeremiah Raegan was there, and some guy from the press, newspaper, Orlando was there, and I told him I had some stuff to donate. And he said OK.

And the I says well, have you got somebody to help you, because they are heavy desks? And he says well wait a minute and I will call someone. And he calls Art Harris – which I didn’t know at the time who this guy – neither of these guys were – so him and Art Harris come over to my house.

Q) Him –

A) – probably – Jeramiah Raegan and Art Harris came over to my house, and started looking at the furniture and stuff like that, and said, well we don’t know if we can take it.

And the started asking me questions about my case. And I said what – what has this got to do with my case, I am just trying to donate, and help out this cause. And he starts filming – had a camera filming me. And I told him –

Q) Who is Jeramiah Regan? I don’t know him?

A) He’s the head guy that was the head coordinator for the Haleigh Cummings headquarters.

Q) He’s not law enforcement?

A) No. He’s just a – matter of fact’ I guess the FBI is checking on him about some weird stuff happening there, all of them. And so they came to my house and started filming. And I told him –

Q) How did they know who you were?

A) That’s – soon as I said my name to the – Raegan, he knew exactly who I – he had heard about it, because of my case – he goes I know who that guy is. And he kind of set me up with this CNN guy from – Art Harris. And he came over trying to film my place, and everything, and ask me questions, and me and my buddy, Marty, that lived with me at the time – Marty Reid – which was supposed to had been doing a deposition this morning.

He – I told him after he started filming take – I told him to get off my property. And he started acting smart, and he got in my – they got – practically ran into the car.

I said I am going to call the police if you don’t leave, and put that camera away, and everything.

And then he asked – said something smart. He goes Oh, is that the limo you pick up little kids in? Smart-alec. And then –

Q) Who said that?

A) Art Harris.

And I said get the hell off my property

Excuse my French but that is how I put it.

Do not get me wrong, I want to see Snodgrass behind bars, he is accused of raping a 9 year old child. If this is true he deserves to suffer the worst punishment available. The tall Oak tree and a length of rope would be my choice. Rather this little exert from the deposition reveals the bald truth about what people will do to get on the TV.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124126

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1070 on: March 25, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »

Bounty Hunter Cops To Beatdown, Banned From Haleigh
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth

Our contacts at the Putnam County courthouse Wednesday tell us a much slimmed down William Staubs, aka Cobra, accepted the plea offer, which is tantamount to an admission of guilt, rather than risk a prison term had he gone to trial on felony false imprisonment charges brought by a local man, Daniel Snodgrass, a former limousine driver accused of committing capital sexual battery with two underage girls

more...
http://www.artharris.com/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1071 on: March 25, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »

#  Art Harris Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 12:38 am

Cathy:

We’re juggling alot of things right now, so not been able to log in for almost a week, sorry. Not you at all. Will get to it. Thanks for hanging in. Now we’re told NG is taping Haleigh Thurs night for Fri or the weekend, and or doing it as the show Thurs night…We’re not going to tell all when they tell us since keeps getting changed. Art

http://www.artharris.com/2010/03/17/exclusive-is-misty-croslin-telling-tales/#comment-44220

Heart
just4justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1072 on: March 25, 2010, 10:57:04 AM »

Our contacts at the Putnam County courthouse Wednesday tell us a much slimmed down William Staubs, aka Cobra, accepted the plea offer, which is tantamount to an admission of guilt, rather than risk a prison term had he gone to trial on felony false imprisonment charges brought by a local man, Daniel Snodgrass, a former limousine driver accused of committing capital sexual battery with two underage girls

more...
I'm not a fan of Cobra, but clearly he accepted the plea bargain to just get it over with. Something is very much amiss in Putnam County. Why in the world is PC protecting Snodgrass with charges of false imprisonment against Cobra? Give me a break. It surely looks to me that they are absolutely protecting him and I have to wonder why. The Haleigh Cummings case has dragged on for over a year and PCSO claims to have 95% of it. Hah! If they had 95% they could figure out the remaining 5%. I have thought from the beginning that this LE handled this case badly. Now I'm convinced. They can say all they want about following up, emotional problems, fatigue, blah, blah, blah, but I'm not at all convinced. You'd think they were studying brain surgery, for crying out loud! They need to cut to the chase and bring charges against someone. That should make someone sing like a canary. I'm aware of how the law works and I realize they just can't wildly bring charges, but having worked on this case for over a year I'm sure they could come up with something. As I said, something is absolutely amiss. What is it???
just4justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1073 on: March 25, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »

I guess I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I've been catching up after my old laptop died and I had to buy another. Now I'm mad as heck at the whole Cummings nonsense and I'm mad as heck at Nancy Grace. She always dangles a carrot to get people to tune in. I tuned in last night hoping to hear what was actually in the "letter." Just asked myself what did I expect? She does it all the time. Maybe tonight, but then is it just more of what we already know?    Maybe I'll just go take a nap and hope when I wake up the world is better than I expected. HaH!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1074 on: March 25, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »

more...
I'm not a fan of Cobra, but clearly he accepted the plea bargain to just get it over with. Something is very much amiss in Putnam County. Why in the world is PC protecting Snodgrass with charges of false imprisonment against Cobra? Give me a break. It surely looks to me that they are absolutely protecting him and I have to wonder why. The Haleigh Cummings case has dragged on for over a year and PCSO claims to have 95% of it. Hah! If they had 95% they could figure out the remaining 5%. I have thought from the beginning that this LE handled this case badly. Now I'm convinced. They can say all they want about following up, emotional problems, fatigue, blah, blah, blah, but I'm not at all convinced. You'd think they were studying brain surgery, for crying out loud! They need to cut to the chase and bring charges against someone. That should make someone sing like a canary. I'm aware of how the law works and I realize they just can't wildly bring charges, but having worked on this case for over a year I'm sure they could come up with something. As I said, something is absolutely amiss. What is it???
I totally agree with you, now of this makes any sense, what are they afraid of exactly?  Thanks Heart for the updated, all very interesting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1075 on: March 25, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »

I guess I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. I've been catching up after my old laptop died and I had to buy another. Now I'm mad as heck at the whole Cummings nonsense and I'm mad as heck at Nancy Grace. She always dangles a carrot to get people to tune in. I tuned in last night hoping to hear what was actually in the "letter." Just asked myself what did I expect? She does it all the time. Maybe tonight, but then is it just more of what we already know?    Maybe I'll just go take a nap and hope when I wake up the world is better than I expected. HaH!
It won't be, or at least I never see it happening that way  I'm very angry over all this and the handling of this case and other cases.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1076 on: March 25, 2010, 11:39:13 AM »

more...
I totally agree with you, now of this makes any sense, what are they afraid of exactly?  Thanks Heart for the updated, all very interesting.
just4justice, sorry but I have to disagree with you. I have always felt that Cobra & Art Harris were definitely out of line and was detrimental to the case.  They should have let LE handle the investigation of the case and they do the reporting. 

There just may be LE agencies out there that will let outside bounty hunters & so-called reporters come in, take over, and attempt to solve a case, but I have never heard of one.

I agree with Capener, Cobra is nuts.

Heart
just4justice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1077 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:16 PM »

I guess I need to clarify my position regarding Cobra, Art Harris and any other bounty hunters, etc. I can't stomach Art Harris and I think Cobra is a horses azz. I'm not saying what Cobra did was right, but something isn't right with Putnam County according to all that I read in the news about them. Just for instance, Charles Jones is out there just swinging in the breeze when he should have been charged with making threatening phone calls.(He knows more about this case.) And, yes, I agree the calls were to Misty, but PCSO listened to the calls and as far as I can tell nothing came of it. We all know that threatening phone calls can end up being very serious as we have just seen with the 15 year old boy who beat a 15 year old girl so severely. He(Jones) should have been arrested (who knows what tune he might have sung).Even this drug bust has a stinky smell to it and I have seen the videos (still smelly). Most of us here and on other boards have followed nearly every facet of this case - at least what PCSO has been willing to divulge- and what we have seen and heard from all the players. I believe LE has thoroughly read these message boards and there certainly has been more than plenty for them to follow albeit rumor or otherwi se. This 95% figure they quote doesn't bide well and now they supposedly have a letter from Misty to a family member telling what happened. LOL. Shouldn't this be 2 or 3% more? At the beginning I called them the keystone cops, later I had some sympathy for them, but I am back to the beginning. Keystone Cops!!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1078 on: March 25, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »

I guess I need to clarify my position regarding Cobra, Art Harris and any other bounty hunters, etc. I can't stomach Art Harris and I think Cobra is a horses azz. I'm not saying what Cobra did was right, but something isn't right with Putnam County according to all that I read in the news about them. Just for instance, Charles Jones is out there just swinging in the breeze when he should have been charged with making threatening phone calls.(He knows more about this case.) And, yes, I agree the calls were to Misty, but PCSO listened to the calls and as far as I can tell nothing came of it. We all know that threatening phone calls can end up being very serious as we have just seen with the 15 year old boy who beat a 15 year old girl so severely. He(Jones) should have been arrested (who knows what tune he might have sung).Even this drug bust has a stinky smell to it and I have seen the videos (still smelly). Most of us here and on other boards have followed nearly every facet of this case - at least what PCSO has been willing to divulge- and what we have seen and heard from all the players. I believe LE has thoroughly read these message boards and there certainly has been more than plenty for them to follow albeit rumor or otherwi se. This 95% figure they quote doesn't bide well and now they supposedly have a letter from Misty to a family member telling what happened. LOL. Shouldn't this be 2 or 3% more? At the beginning I called them the keystone cops, later I had some sympathy for them, but I am back to the beginning. Keystone Cops!!

BBM.

Hi just4justice. I have not seen any news article mentioning this letter. Have you? If so, please point me to it. I only saw a poster mention that Nancy Grace was going to cover that last night, and she never did.

TIA.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1079 on: March 25, 2010, 07:17:56 PM »

William Cobra Staubs - Exclusive Interview

Posted on March 25th, 2010
by Simon Barrett in crime

As most people know, the one time Haleigh Cummings case investigator has accepted a plea deal in the charges against him concerning his apprehension of registered sex offender Daniel Snodgrass.

It is fair to say that neither Putnam County nor Cobra wanted this case to get in front of a jury. There was way too much dirty laundry that could be exposed. Putnam had a real problem in making the felony charges stick (read the deposition) http://www.bloggernews.net/124125 and Assistant County Attorney Boatwright clearly did not understand the Florida Statute involved.

But there were other forces at work as well. Several people had a vested interest in putting a muzzle on William Cobra Staubs.

There was little doubt that had this case gone to trial Cobra should have been completely vindicated by the letter of the law. However there was that nagging question of justice in a small town. A jury trial is always a game of chance. Logic sometimes evaporates, just look at the first OJ Simpson trial.

Cobra is a rough tough guy, no-one can argue that, but his choices were simple, walk away and get on with his life, or spin the wheel and maybe spend 13 years behind bars.

What some people fail to realize, or report on are the terms of his plea deal. One web site in particular screamed the headline Bounty Hunter Cops To Beatdown, Banned From Haleigh Cummings Case!

And went on say:

A jury had been selected Wednesday and was ready to hear the case, sources tell us, when the Staubs deal was struck.

Which incidentally is a completely false. No Jury had been selected, no Jury had even been called, no trial was set to start on Wednesday. I have no doubt that tomorrow we will learn just who is behind this wonderful piece of disinformation. There is an old saying, I believe it originated in the garment industry, measure twice, cut once. Some journalists clearly do not understand the concept of using multiple sources to verify information.

Our same Emmy winner went on to explain that:

Conditions of Staubs’ sentence include:
    –no contact with the victim (Snodgrass) while on probation;
    –no bond activity or PI work in the 7th Judicial Circuit for the year, in effect, barring him from investigating the Cummings case further

But what he failed to mention were some very interesting facts. Terms of the one year probation include:

Checking in by mail every three months

Allowed to keep and carry fire arms

Allowed to be around criminal elements because of the nature of his work

Does this sound like a regular probation deal to you? Hardly!

Opening a huge can of worms, our favourite, on the ground, in touch, reporter, goes on to discuss some videos. These videos could well have resolved this case months ago. But were being dangled in a ‘trick or treat’ fashion. “oh I lost them on a trip to Las Vegas” was the beginning. It became somewhat more threatening as time went on. The ‘treat’ video supposedly could have absolved Cobra, while the ‘Trick’ video could have been somewhat  damaging.

I spoke to Cobra a few minutes ago, and he feels it is time to let all of the story out. We will be running a radio program tomorrow, it likely will be at noon eastern. It will probably be epithet laden, and not for young ears!

Point your browser to www.blogtalkradio.com at noon eastern on Friday Mar/26, or you can use this direct link.

I noticed that one Emmy winning journalist put up a pre-emptive strike after my last two articles. But, that likely is too little and too late. From yesterdays conversations, and today’s it is very clear that William Cobra Staubs is ready to share publicly what he has shared privately over the past few months.

We will not be discussing the Haleigh Cummings case but rather the ancillary activities surrounding it. Hard Hats and Flak Jackets are the preferred dress code for this interview.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124137

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.