May 14, 2024, 10:56:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drew Peterson arrested/indicted for murder 3rd wife Kathleen Savio #1(GUILTY)  (Read 313413 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #820 on: September 06, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/05/drew-peterson-stacy-peterson-body-search-scene-photos-peoria-illinois/

Drew Peterson's Wife -- The Search Scene
6/5/2010 6:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
UPDATE: Authorities called off the search for the day at around 6:00 PM local time.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET:

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: September 06, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »

I just found this
Cops May Have Found Body of Drew Peterson's Wife
There may be a huge break in the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife. TMZ has learned authorities believe they may know exactly where the body is buried, and then plan to dig for it tomorrow.
 ::snipping2::
Edit to add date of article.  MB  6/5/2010 1:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/drew-peterson-murder-wife-body-crime-scene-police-officer-illinois-dig/#ixzz25jQkzhQM

I was hoping that if he were convicted, anyone that knew anything might feel safe enough to tell what they know.  Please, please, please let this be her and let there be evidence to put the smoking gun in DP's hand.

KittyMom, the article is a couple of years old unfortunately, since the date on the article is 6/05/10.  I'm pretty sure if there had been anything found we would know by now.  I still hold hope somehow someone talks.  It may be the only way we'll ever know what happened to Stacy and possibly find her remains.  Not so sure on the latter though.  DP may have been able to do away with her so she won't ever be found.  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:29 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-day-2-of-jury-deliberations-20120906,0,3642366.story

7:50 p.m. CDT, September 6, 2012
Continual coverage of Drew Peterson's conviction for murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7:50 p.m. Final holdout swayed by hearsay testimony
The final holdout juror said he finally decided Drew Peterson was guilty after talking with other jurors this morning.

“After talking with them, in my mind I reached (that he was guilty beyond) reasonable doubt,” Supalo said. “It was only the hearsay that convicted him. If the hearsay law hadn’t been passed, he wouldn’t have been found guilty.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: September 07, 2012, 12:26:47 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/14984649-452/drews-son-slamsverdict-moms-family.html

Drew Peterson’s son slams verdict, mom’s family
September 6, 2012 8:54PM
Updated: September 6, 2012 10:26PM

The Peterson drama . . .

The sad irony of the guilty verdict in the Drew Peterson murder trial: The sons of Drew Peterson and the woman he has been found guilty of killing, Kathleen Savio, will not be celebrating the courtroom victory with Savio’s family.

Savio’s sons, Thomas and Kristopher, refuse to believe their father is guilty of the crime.

A statement given exclusively to Sneed by Peterson’s son, Thomas — via his father’s attorney Joel Brodsky — is full of disappointment and anger following his father’s guilty verdict Thursday afternoon.

Thomas, who testified on his father’s behalf, stated via a telephone conversation with Brodsky:

“I am extremely disappointed in the Savio and Cales families. This concerns my mother and my father. And they have no right to be acting in a manner in which they are. Even when my mother was alive, my grandfather, Henry Savio, had nothing to do with me, my mother and my brother (Kristopher). Neither did my aunts ... I know lawyers will continue to fight and continue to support my father.”

Meanwhile, Thomas posted this on Facebook:

To say the least ... I’m extremely disappointed. During the past 5 years ... I got to see full grown adults act like children, and now they are parading around my front door. Who do I have left? Who do my siblings have left? Oh yeah ... the pastor, the lawyer, my aunts, and all of my mom’s friends who LISTENED to my mother’s pleas and DIDN’T do anything about it. Now she is dead, and you went forth to break the Constitution to blame my dad. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t seem very believable to me ... but since the rest of the world thinks otherwise, this is your fault, you should have come forward earlier. Now, I have a broken family without a salary, and some woman who sees it important to bully me over the internet because of my Dad. I hope you are all happy.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:41 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hvKWAbvUkqedBSVPx8CrFa4U6NGw?docId=75fdd13162964ad1b59be74ccaf8caa2

Timeline in case of ex-Ill. cop Drew Peterson
By The Associated Press – 6 hours ago 

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — Former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson was convicted Thursday in his third wife Kathleen Savio's 2004 death. He was charged after his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, vanished in 2007. A look at key events in the case:___

—Drew Peterson marries Kathleen Savio, his third wife. They have two children, Christopher and Thomas.

—Savio learns Peterson is having an affair with 17-year-old Stacy Cales, a hotel clerk.

—Nov. 14, 2002: During acrimonious divorce proceedings, Savio writes a letter to a Will County prosecutor, accusing Peterson of abusing her and saying she fears for her life.

—Oct. 10, 2003: Savio and Peterson's divorce is granted.

—Oct. 18, 2003: Peterson marries Cales, who becomes Stacy Peterson. He is 49 and she is 19. They have two children, Anthony and Lacy.

—November 2003: Drew Peterson allegedly offers a former co-worker $25,000 to hire a hit man to kill Savio, though the man said he never acted on the request.

—Feb. 29, 2004: Stacy Peterson allegedly wakes up in the middle of the night to find her husband gone from the house. He allegedly tells her later to lie to police.

—March 1, 2004: Kathleen Savio found dead in a bathtub. Her death is originally ruled an accidental drowning.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: September 07, 2012, 12:49:20 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-appeal-20120907,0,4196697.story

Peterson will try, but attorneys say successful appeal is unlikely
10:44 p.m. CDT, September 6, 2012

Drew Peterson will inevitably appeal his murder conviction, and his lawyers will just as inevitably raise several grounds for a new trial, from missteps by the team of Will County prosecutors to claims that Peterson's own attorneys provided him ineffective counsel.

One of Peterson's attorneys, Joseph Lopez, even spoke after the verdict was read of taking the appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

But Peterson's chances, several lawyers said, are not good. While many appeals are filed in criminal cases — thousands every year in Illinois' appellate courts — only a small percentage lead to new trials.

Indeed, not all errors lead to new trials. Most, according to attorneys, are deemed harmless by the appellate courts.

"It's hard to get a conviction reversed," said attorney Kathleen Zellner, who has handled a number of wrongful conviction cases and who went to the Will County Courthouse to watch several days of Peterson's trial. "This case is solid. I don't think there's reversible error there."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »

TOTALLY AWESOME!  I am surprised actually.  Wish they would find Stacy now.    ::justice2NJ::

me2 and me2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: September 07, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »

TOTALLY AWESOME!  I am surprised actually.  Wish they would find Stacy now.    ::justice2NJ::

me2 and me2

Add m3 and me3 to that!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: September 07, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »

Stacy's sister was on TY and I think something is up ..
That was why I posted that  link from TMZ

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: September 07, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinberg/14984500-452/verdict-wipes-grin-off-drew-petersons-face.html
Steinberg: Verdict wipes grin off Drew Peterson’s face
BY NEIL STEINBERG nsteinberg@suntimes.com September 6, 2012 6:54PM

And just 'cause I think its funny as heck...

This is great! I thought he looked like the cowardly lion all this time also!!!   

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: September 07, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/14984649-452/drews-son-slamsverdict-moms-family.html

The Peterson drama . . .

The sad irony of the guilty verdict in the Drew Peterson murder trial: The sons of Drew Peterson and the woman he has been found guilty of killing, Kathleen Savio, will not be celebrating the courtroom victory with Savio’s family.

Savio’s sons, Thomas and Kristopher, refuse to believe their father is guilty of the crime.

A statement given exclusively to Sneed by Peterson’s son, Thomas — via his father’s attorney Joel Brodsky — is full of disappointment and anger following his father’s guilty verdict Thursday afternoon.

Thomas, who testified on his father’s behalf, stated via a telephone conversation with Brodsky:

“I am extremely disappointed in the Savio and Cales families. This concerns my mother and my father. And they have no right to be acting in a manner in which they are. Even when my mother was alive, my grandfather, Henry Savio, had nothing to do with me, my mother and my brother (Kristopher). Neither did my aunts ... I know lawyers will continue to fight and continue to support my father.”

To say the least ... I’m extremely disappointed. During the past 5 years ... I got to see full grown adults act like children, and now they are parading around my front door. Who do I have left? Who do my siblings have left? Oh yeah ... the pastor, the lawyer, my aunts, and all of my mom’s friends who LISTENED to my mother’s pleas and DIDN’T do anything about it. Now she is dead, and you went forth to break the Constitution to blame my dad. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t seem very believable to me ... but since the rest of the world thinks otherwise, this is your fault, you should have come forward earlier. Now, I have a broken family without a salary, and some woman who sees it important to bully me over the internet because of my Dad. I hope you are all happy.

Another broken life.  Sadly, whether Thomas believes it or not,  his father is to blame.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: September 07, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »

Does anyone remember, when Stacey disappeared, there was someone who said he helped Drew carry a large drum/barrel?   Like out of his house, or into a vehicle?

Am I dreaming this or have it confused with another case?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: September 07, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »

Does anyone remember, when Stacey disappeared, there was someone who said he helped Drew carry a large drum/barrel?   Like out of his house, or into a vehicle?

Yes, a man helped him carry a blue barrel out of the house.

Among evidence prosecutors could present at sentencing is that Stacy Peterson, like Savio before her, feared Peterson might kill her. Then there was a man, Thomas Morphey, who testified at a 2010 hearing that he helped move a blue barrel that he later came to believe contained the body of Stacy Peterson.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/midwest/view/20120907attention_now_turns_to_drew_petersons_4th_wife/srvc=home&position=recent
Attention now turns to Drew Peterson’s 4th wife
Friday, September 7, 2012
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: September 07, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »

Yes, a man helped him carry a blue barrel out of the house.

Among evidence prosecutors could present at sentencing is that Stacy Peterson, like Savio before her, feared Peterson might kill her. Then there was a man, Thomas Morphey, who testified at a 2010 hearing that he helped move a blue barrel that he later came to believe contained the body of Stacy Peterson.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/midwest/view/20120907attention_now_turns_to_drew_petersons_4th_wife/srvc=home&position=recent
Attention now turns to Drew Peterson’s 4th wife
Friday, September 7, 2012

Morphey is Drew's stepbrother and has had a less than stellar past himself according to some reports. 

Stepbrother Says He Thinks He Helped Drew Peterson Dispose of Wife's Body
Published March 10, 2009
FoxNews.com  ::snipping2::

Morphey told the newspaper that he responded, "Yeah, I guess," adding that he always figured Peterson had killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio. ::snipping2::

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508386,00.html

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #835 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »

The Peterson drama . . .

Another broken life.  Sadly, whether Thomas believes it or not,  his father is to blame.   
BBM
Sadly, this young man has been influenced by DP to believe that money is more important than loved ones, more important than the truth, and more important than an honorable life.  Just what Kathleen feared would happen.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: September 07, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »

Stacy's sister was on TY and I think something is up ..
That was why I posted that  link from TMZ

Thank you for the link Blonde.  I added the date because I didn't want some of our readers to err and think it was real recent.    It was still an interesting read.   It's good to revisit articles, since the cases have been going on for a long time.   I  hope someone somewhere will talk.  It may be the only way we'll know what happened to Stacy.  Perhaps Drew being found guilty gives Stacy's family a bit more hope that her remains may be recovered yet. I'm still surprised Drew was found guilty.  It was a real nail biter of a case at times imo.  Sometimes the prosecution made me wonder what the heck they were doing.  And then there was the jury dressing up alike.  The jury dress up thing made me go hmmmmmm?!  But at the end of the  day justice prevailed.  Finding Stacy's remains just might permanently wipe the smirk off DP's ugly mug.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: September 07, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-peterson-jurors-schedule-press-conference-today-20120907,0,1282456.story
Four Peterson jurors speaking at news conference
September 7, 2012

Jurors in the Drew Peterson trial are meeting with the media.
1:25 p.m. Hearsay was critical

Jury foreman Eduardo Saldana, 22:

"When the deliberations began, we first talked about what the doctors had to say and we pretty much all agreed that it was a homicde.

"After that it was just getting certain things right."

The hearsay testimony from witnesses who spoke to Stacy Peterson was critical, he said.

"That was the biggest part about this," Saldana said.

"(The Rev.) Neil Schori kind of opend things up, but it was the lawyer’s testimony that got us the most. Harry Smith"

He said they possibly would have acquitted Drew Peterson without the hearsay testimony.
More...

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: September 07, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »

Stacy Peterson Missing Persons Case: New Evidence, Large Blue Barrel Moved Out of Drew Peterson House (Update: Truckers Help?)

Do police have Drew Peterson over a barrel?Drew_peterson3

There appears to be a new development and potential evidence in the case of missing Stacy Peterson. At the focus of the development is a large blue barrel that was removed from the home of Drew Peterson with the help of a mystery person. Police have stated that the barrel was large enough to put an individual in.

There is a new development in the search for Stacy Peterson – Illinois State Police have identified who they think may have helped Drew Peterson move a large blue barrel out of his house – a barrel which is now considered a key piece of evidence. Now searchers are looking for that barrel – along with Stacy. Fox News Chicago Reporter Craig Wall is covering the story in Bolingbrook . (Fox-Chicago)

Peterson kin: I didn’t help move barrel ::snipping2::

http://missingexploited.com/2007/11/26/stacy-peterson-missing-persons-case-new-evidence-large-blue-barrel-moved-out-of-drew-peterson-house-update-truckers-help/
Edit to add date.  MB November 26th, 2007 at 11:52pm
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:19:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: September 07, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/attention-now-turns-petersons-3rd-wife-17179717#.UEpGvKDBnIU
Peterson Case Shifts to Appeal, Missing 4th Wife
September 7, 2012

Stacy Peterson's disappearance was the reason Glasgow's office reopened the investigation into Savio's death, which ultimately led to Peterson's conviction Thursday. Glasgow's office long has maintained that Stacy Peterson did not just leave on her own and that they not only believe she is dead but that Drew Peterson killed her.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.