May 14, 2024, 07:52:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 354474 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: January 06, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »

I afford Susan's father a pass for flip flopping. He is between a rock and a hard place. If Josh is not held accountable for what happened to his precious daughter ... if the investigation is being influenced by outside entities on Josh's behalf ... this man's future relationship with his grandkids is in the balance.

However ... I do not give a pass to Josh's groupies who are behind this media blitz ... this media blitz that is focused on locating a "live" Susan. It is nothing but a distraction from the red flags which implicate Josh in wrongdoing encompassing his the disappearance of his wife.

Tamikosmom-

Respectfully, I think that assignment was harsh. I do not think these people are doing anything but trying to generate leads and hope for the best. They sound like they were specifically advised to not implicate Josh and that doing so might impede finding Susan. I obviously wrote a piece with a virtual map of where I believe initial efforts should be spent to recover her remains, so I do not support the bulk of what is being said, but I do not fault them for it. 

Not everyone is versed in the reality of this nightmare. There is no manual. Sometimes people just do the best they can and I suppose, leave the heavy lifting to the monkeys.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: January 06, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »

Blink

I am a huge fan of your indepth research but we will have to agree to respectfully disagree on this issue.

The media blitz encourages others to be on the lookout for a "live" Susan Powell and ... in my opinion ... this is a distraction from all the red flags which direct suspicion on Josh Powell.

From my perspective ... the cause of justice for this young Mom is being deterred if the focus is not on her husband as well as all aspects encompassing his van and the rental vehicle.

In my opinion ... tips generated from sightings of either of these vehicle that Josh was driving in that crucial time is where it is at.  Why are authorities withholding discriptions from the public?

Susan has been missing for one month and ... nothing.  Something is not right.

IMO 

Janet 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #642 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »

Thank you Janet...good post Smile

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:22:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: January 06, 2010, 09:58:20 PM »

You are welcome Nut and ... thank you for the updated article.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: January 07, 2010, 12:26:15 AM »

The way in which Susan's family and friends have chosen to search for her has not impeded or distracted the investigation of the authorities no matter how many red flags any of us see, particularly when LE has said it has helped.  Susan is their daughter and their friend and those loving people are doing what they perceive will be helpful.  If LE asks them to stop and they don't, that's one thing.  Should LE have BOLO the van etc, probably.
What is wrong in this case is a POI cannot be forced to say anything.  There is not a single person here that doesn't want justice for Susan, but to insinuate her family and friends are preventing or impeding justice for their beloved is cruel.  Now, this is just my opinion and I will not nor do I have to snip or bump or cut and paste others who may happen to agree with me in order for my opinion to be a valid opinion.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: January 07, 2010, 01:02:34 AM »

I'm even wondering if Kiirsi was told by LE what to say, some kind of strategy of some kind. She has flip flopped.

You and I are are on the same page on this one no rose colored glasses.  I find Kiirsi's  change in position within a ten day period very troubling.

Janet

++++++

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 14, 2009

Husband of Missing Mom Susan Powell Lawyers Up
Susan Powell, 28, Feared Dead After Disappearing Dec. 7
December 14, 2009

"She's been gone for an entire week. I don't believe there can be any, very much hope left," a tearful Kiirsi Hellewell, Powell's best friend, told ABC News. "I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive." ...

Joshua Powell told police that he last saw his wife around 12:30 a.m. before he and the boys left for their trip and that she didn't go along because she was feeling sick.

Yet Hellewell said she talked to Susan Powell on Sunday and she wasn't sick.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-missing-utah-mom-missing-week/story?id=9326774

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 15, 2009

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Is Missing Woman`s Husband Stonewalling?
Aired December 15, 2009 - 19:00:00   ET

HELLEWELL: It`s absolutely unexplainable. I cannot understand it, and I know everybody is having a hard time believing it. I am myself having a hard time believing it, even though I`m Josh`s friend and I want to stand by him.

He has been known to I know go camping. And they always do sleep in their van. I don`t think they have a tent. They have gone camping three or four times this summer, and it has been a spur of the moment thing, but always on a Saturday morning, never at night, and never in the winter. So I cannot understand that.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/15/ijvm.01.html

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 24, 2009

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation
Last Update: 12/24/2009 8:11 am

She told us she hopes the focus stays on bringing Susan back home to her two children because she says Susan's oldest son is starting to miss his mommy. Hellewell says, “I know that he doesn't understand why she's gone, somebody whose always been there for him, for every step of his life.”

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Susan-Powells-best-friend-says-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

(Continued)

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:26:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: January 07, 2010, 01:10:48 AM »

This space is for a post that was written and deleted.

Good night to all who support Susan and her family and friends.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #647 on: January 07, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »

Mere, I too have such a space, but deleted as well.

Good night, sweet dreams.  May tomorrow be a day filled with justice.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: January 07, 2010, 06:59:05 AM »

Reported by: Brent Hunsaker
Last Update: 1/06 11:30 pm

Neighbor confronts Josh Powell's brother
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Josh Powell returned to Utah Wednesday.  He is the husband of Susan Powell who has been missing for a month.  His plans are unknown, but some in the neighborhood believe that he will move out of the family home.

One of those neighbors, Tim Petersen,  paid a visit to the Powell house Wednesday afternoon to take a playset out of the backyard.  He says the playset was a gift to Susan and the two young boys.  Since they would no longer be using it, he said he wanted to give it to someone else in the neighborhood that could use it.

Peterson said Josh Powell had given permission to remove the playset, but when his truck started having trouble in the deep snow in the back and side yards, Powell's younger brother told him to get out. 

A short argument followed and finally, Peterson said he told the brother, "This whole thing was for Susan and the kids to enjoy.  Now Susan's gone.  I said, 'Did you happen to notice that Susan's gone?  -- Because I don't see you guys doing anything about it.  Susan's gone.'  And he just gave me a blank look kind of like his brother would."

Josh Powell was apparently the last person to see Susan.  He has said that he left her at home around midnight, December 6th, to take their two and four year old boys camping.  That camping trip coincided with the arrival of a major winter storm in Utah.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Neighbor-confronts-Josh-Powells-brother/Hzplnw_MQUq55Sb0q7MBOQ.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: January 07, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »

I think Josh's plans to move out of state tell it all - He KNOWS Susan is NOT COMING BACK.

Why else would the husband of a missing wife leave the only home in the State she could come back to?  Within a month of her going missing, no less. 

Isn't there a term for that?

Consciousness of Guilt.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: January 07, 2010, 08:43:49 AM »

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: January 07, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

I hope LE hauls his ass in today.  I hope they charge him with Obstruction at the very least - and hold him until the forensics come back - and then most likely they can charge him with murder.  Cuz he just ain't that smart, and I'm quite confident forensics will tell the story.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »

I hope LE hauls his ass in today.  I hope they charge him with Obstruction at the very least - and hold him until the forensics come back - and then most likely they can charge him with murder.  Cuz he just ain't that smart, and I'm quite confident forensics will tell the story.
I've been figuring as soon as forensics come back, he will be hauled in. Okay, so he lost his job and has no income in Utah, what income does he have in Washington, just living with his daddy?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: January 07, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582388,00.html?test=latestnews

Husband of Missing Utah Mom Reportedly Selling House, Moving

Thursday , January 07, 2010

FC1
ADVERTISEMENT

The husband of missing Utah mom Susan Powell is reportedly planning to sell his house and relocate his children to Washington, Fox13Now.com reported.

Joshua Powell is the only person police are calling of interest in his wife's disappearance. Susan Powell’s family said he is planning to sell the house after spending the holidays with his family in Washington state, Fox13 reported.

Powell was reportedly spotted pulling out of his Utah driveway at 3 p.m. local time Wednesday.

Tim Peterson, Susan Powell’s friend, knocked on the front door of the Powell house and shouted out for Joshua Powell. He was at the house to take back a playground set he had given to the Powell family, Fox13 reported.

"He doesn't want to talk about his wife, and you know, the whole world wants to know where his wife is," Peterson said, Fox13 reported. "And, uh, ask him, because you know, in my opinion, only he and God knows."

Utah police have said that Joshua Powell has not been cooperating with them throughout the investigation, Fox13 reported.

Powell, 28, was last seen on Dec. 7, when her husband says he left their suburban home in West Valley City at about 12:30 a.m. to take their two boys, ages 2 and 4, camping in freezing conditions. Police have named her husband as a "person of interest" in their investigation.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »

I wonder how Josh can sell the house without Susan...unless he is sole owner of
the home.

Perhaps his thought is to just turn the house over to the bank/mortgage company
and walk away.

I wish we knew if there was an attorney representing Susan.

Good Morning Monkeys.... 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9261687

(video at link)

Josh Powell prepares to leave Utah for good
January 7th, 2010 @ 12:00pm
By Shara Park

WEST VALLEY CITY -- After spending weeks in Washington with his family, the husband of Susan Powell returned to Utah to pack up and move out of the state for good.

West Valley City police say Powell has the right to move out of the state because he is not a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

"Legally he has that freedom of movement," said Capt. Tom McLachlan with the West Valley City Police Department.

Friends and neighbors who have been searching for Susan Powell say her husband's decision to leave the home where she was last seen is frustrating. Neighbors say Josh's decision to move to Washington is a little unexpected.
Susan Powell has been missing for a month

Police say the move doesn't really affect their investigation, because he's been uncooperative the whole time.

"Whether or not he's up there talking to us or down here not talking to us, it really doesn't make that much difference," McLachlan says.

It's been exactly one month since the disappearance of 28-year-old Susan Powell and police say they still have yet to formally talk to the one person who saw her last.

"We would love to talk to Joshua and we would love to verify what he has initially told us, but he has removed himself from our ability to do that," says McLachlan.

Josh Powell's brother helped Powell move things out of the West Valley City home he shared with Susan

Josh Powell has been called the only person of interest in his wife's disappearance, but police say that doesn't mean he is required to stay in Utah. Close to three weeks ago he took his two boys to Washington state to stay with his dad for the holidays, but has now decided to make that permanent.

"I was really surprised because that's his wife," says neighbor Betty Trujillo.

Trujillo doesn't agree with Josh's decision to move. As one who has been searching for Susan, she feels he should be doing the same.

"You would think he would be out there searching for her and waiting for her to come home," Trujillo says. "If anything you're going to be there for her and with him leaving that's surprising to me."

Trujillo watched as Josh returned to his West Valley City home Wednesday. She says he and his brother pulled into his garage and shut the door. She says his brother finally emerged from the house later that afternoon, when Tim Peterson showed up to remove a swing set from the backyard.

"He's not looking for his wife. That much I know," Peterson told KSL Wednesday. "I just want to make sure I get my playground, OK, so I can give it to someone else in the ward."

Peterson did not get the swing set back. Powell's brother called police and reported he was trespassing.

Josh's presence back in the neighborhood is another reminder to neighbors that Susan is still out there. Trujillo says even though it's been a month, her disappearance is still fresh in her mind.

"To me it does, I think it's going to be until we find her," she says.

Police say that the recent media blitz to help find Susan has resulted in dozens of call. They wouldn't say whether or not any of them were credible leads into her disappearance, but they did say they still have several tips to follow up on.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

Blink

I am a huge fan of your indepth research but we will have to agree to respectfully disagree on this issue.

The media blitz encourages others to be on the lookout for a "live" Susan Powell and ... in my opinion ... this is a distraction from all the red flags which direct suspicion on Josh Powell.

From my perspective ... the cause of justice for this young Mom is being deterred if the focus is not on her husband as well as all aspects encompassing his van and the rental vehicle.

In my opinion ... tips generated from sightings of either of these vehicle that Josh was driving in that crucial time is where it is at.  Why are authorities withholding discriptions from the public?

Susan has been missing for one month and ... nothing.  Something is not right.

IMO 

Janet 

I was not disagreeing with you that Josh needs to be the focus, and the cars and his activities. We concur 100%, in fact I also agree with some of the issues you remarked about LE.

What I was trying to say was that although on the surface it looks like maybe people are putting out a blitz for a "live Susan", any leads developed will be potentially helpful.  If I am being honest, do I think that is the best angle? No.

I specifically did not post my article on that site because it asked for nothing speculatory, and I do respect that from the friends and family of a missing loved one. I apologize if my oversensitivity to the friends/family got to me. I just know that what they are saying and feeling is something very natural for the situation.

The investigation, is a separate matter. I sincerely hope this PD has asked for help in this case.

I also sincerely hope a guardian ad litem is requested by Susan's parents, pronto.

B
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:27:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2010, 02:49:22 PM »

Peterson said his wife asked Joshua Powell about Susan's whereabouts and Powell replied "Well, it's not like I stabbed her."  This guy is got to be one of the biggest pieces of work that I have seen in awhile. He can't even muster up a tiny bit of interest in his missing wife, not even bothering to put on some performance.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »

Thanks cece

"Peterson said his wife asked Joshua Powell about Susan's whereabouts and Powell replied "Well, it's not like I stabbed her."

What an odd thing to offer up at that time...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.