May 14, 2024, 04:55:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 363220 times)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: June 18, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »

Fanny,it'll be o.k.
Klaas and all the mods keep thing running smoothly.
I was upset also yesterday,but I knew it would be handled.We have just been so anxious with this anniversary coming up,and the never ending .............can't think of a word for that bunch right now,til we had to speak our minds.
I haven't read all of the post today,cause my connection kept going on the blink and I had a lot going on here.I'm gonna guess most were upset with Steel.They should be.
Please don't think about leaving.I would miss you very much.Just ask yourself what would "Thor Fanny" do?We've got a lot of long days ahead of us,but if we stick together we'll be o.k.

Gotta run now.Found out today that my Dad is having surgery on both of his eyes on Tuesday.  After his cancer last year you know he just seem to keep having more health issues.
I even told my DIL that I would not watch the kids until after next week.I've been so down thinking about my son.If I can get through this next week,we'll take the Anthony's by storm.
You monkeys mean everything to me.Please don't let one person keep you from here.We love you.I gonna end this post before it looks like a book.Hug to you.  an angelic monkey

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers, Trimm. 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:57 AM »

Hugs to you Trimm! 

Guys ,i am so mad & upset; i have carpal tunnel in my wrist!! 
I over did it painting my kitchen with a hurt ankle(Thank God I'm finished!); My kitchen was already torn apart painting & hubby kept the girls occupied while I finished. He was pissed & didn't want me too, but I can out argue him!  Anyways ,when i fell i landed on my left wrist & since it was already hurting from painting & doing cakes I didn't notice that i had aggravated it. My ankle got better but my wrist didn't. I'm wearing a brace on my wrist now & it's very difficult not to use my left hand! I have to use my right hand for everything & I hate that!!  I have cakes scheduled so I have to let it get well & it least it doesn't hurt to type!     I know this makes me sound like a clumsy idiot, I'm really not; just overly ambitious!
It's going to be 100 degrees here today(heat index 110)!  I'm meltingggg!
Love you All!!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: June 18, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »

Oh no, Monken - I hope your wrist heals quickly.    Rest that wrist and stay cool!      
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: June 18, 2009, 10:04:34 AM »

Gosh Monken, you are one bundle of energy! I hope your wrist gets better soon. Be sure to post your new cakes whenever you get a chance. I bet that kitchen is beautiful! Take care of yourself.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: June 18, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »

morning Monkeys..
i could not put a good in front of it.  i am posting with a heavy heart.  monday evening 2 babies brother and sister (4&5)  were found in a trunk in springdale ar, (l live in fayetteville, the next town over.  they had gotten trapped while playing and succumed to the heat before anyone had found them.  their grand mother had the idea to check the trunk while everyone was making the mad sweep to find them.  she found them, and this is why i'm crying as i post, they were holding each others hands....
please monkeys if you could take a minuet and send a prayer to this family in there time of need.  i do not no them myself but there is an account set up for them by arvest banks and i will donate what i can today.  i don't know how to link but the info was in yeaterdays Arkansas democrat-gazette..if some smart monkey could find and link that article i would be very grateful....
hug your babies extra tight today monkeys an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #685 on: June 18, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »

morning Monkeys..
i could not put a good in front of it.  i am posting with a heavy heart.  monday evening 2 babies brother and sister (4&5)  were found in a trunk in springdale ar, (l live in fayetteville, the next town over.  they had gotten trapped while playing and succumed to the heat before anyone had found them.  their grand mother had the idea to check the trunk while everyone was making the mad sweep to find them.  she found them, and this is why i'm crying as i post, they were holding each others hands....
please monkeys if you could take a minuet and send a prayer to this family in there time of need.  i do not no them myself but there is an account set up for them by arvest banks and i will donate what i can today.  i don't know how to link but the info was in yeaterdays Arkansas democrat-gazette..if some smart monkey could find and link that article i would be very grateful....
How awful, I will say a prayer for the family. I remember something like this happening with some boys, everyone was searching for them, and they also died in the trunk.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: June 18, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »

morning Monkeys..

Mamacrazy, I found this link. There is a prayer thread here also.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20090617/BREAKING01/90617007/1007/NEWS01/Northwest+Arkansas+kids%E2%80%99+deaths+appear+accidental++coroner+says

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »

morning Monkeys..
This is tragic news.  Here is the link to the article.    http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/262187/  My prayers are for this family.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #688 on: June 18, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »

morning Monkeys..

What a sad story.   Sending prayers for the entire family.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »

Thanks Monkeys.  an angelic monkey
Monken,I hope you get better soon.It's hot here too.Going up to 97/96 
Mamcray30.I will pray for the family.How tragic.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: June 18, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »

Deenie,love all the music.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: June 18, 2009, 08:45:04 PM »

Monkeys,
thank you all so much for the kind words and prayers for this family.  i'm about to go to the boards, but i gotta' tell you this has gotten me into a funk..understand that babycrazy is five and, well, my heart just breaks.  i can only take comfort in the fact that those two babies comforted each other to the end...
ok, time to put on my game face and see ya'll up top.
again,
Thank you. an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: June 19, 2009, 01:35:18 PM »

On the "lighter side"

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/06/19/blink-on-crime-friday-funny-indiana-lawyer-plays-oscar-the-grouch/

Blink on Crime Friday Funny: Indiana Lawyer Plays Oscar the Grouch
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: June 19, 2009, 01:38:19 PM »

Even though we have a Food and Product Recall area here at SM, I was afraid some monkeys don't go there to look, and this could be a problem for many, especially for those with little monkeys:
http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/061909kvue_nestle-toll-house-cookie-dough-cb.669c427.html
Nestle recalls Toll House cookie dough

10:47 AM CDT on Friday, June 19, 2009
<snip>
The FDA advised consumers to throw away any prepackaged, refrigerated Nestle Toll House cookie dough products in their homes. Retailers, restauranteurs and employees at other food-service operations should also not sell or serve any of the products.
<snip>
 The recall includes refrigerated cookie bar dough, cookie dough tub, cookie dough tubes, limited edition cookie dough items, seasonal cookie dough and Ultimates cookie bar dough. It extends to chocolate chip dough and other varieties, including gingerbread, sugar and peanut butter cookie dough. It does not affect any other Toll House products, including ice cream that contains Toll House raw cookie dough.

The FDA also said consumers should not try to cook the dough, even though eating cooked dough would be safe, because consumers might get bacteria on their hands and on counters and other cooking surfaces.

E. coli is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration and, in the most severe cases, kidney failure.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: June 19, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

Thanks Muffy!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: June 19, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »

Thanks Muffy!

Muffy - thanks from me too.    My kids love that cookie dough.    I'll let them know, for sure!   Especially the one who is having my first grandchild in two months!   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: June 19, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »

Thanks Muffy.
Sassy I can't wait for the baby to arrive.So exciting.  an angelic monkey

Fanny,I remembered that your hubby had to go for his checkup today,I just didn't get a chance to talk to you.Hope everything went smoothly.  an angelic monkey
It took me forever to down load those document to my computer today.Sloooow.
I thought I'd print them out to read later.Went upstairs and to use my other computer and printer.....my air upstairs is broken.    It is 97 degrees here.Can you imagine how hot it was upstairs?  Monkey Devil! I started to go jump in the lake and remembered I was home alone.I never swim in the lake alone.There are really big fish and they want to swim under your feet.I'm talking big fish.
See you in the other thread.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: June 19, 2009, 06:28:15 PM »

Thanks Muffy.
Sassy I can't wait for the baby to arrive.So exciting.  an angelic monkey

Fanny,I remembered that your hubby had to go for his checkup today,I just didn't get a chance to talk to you.Hope everything went smoothly.  an angelic monkey
It took me forever to down load those document to my computer today.Sloooow.
I thought I'd print them out to read later.Went upstairs and to use my other computer and printer.....my air upstairs is broken.    It is 97 degrees here.Can you imagine how hot it was upstairs?  Monkey Devil! I started to go jump in the lake and remembered I was home alone.I never swim in the lake alone.There are really big fish and they want to swim under your feet.I'm talking big fish.
See you in the other thread.  an angelic monkey

Every thing is fine. We just went to a new doctor that is going to his colonoscopy on Tuesday morning. I will be a basket case then. We had to see the doctor first since he has had a stroke and we wanted to have in scheduled at a hospital instead of a Colonoscopy center. He has them regularly due to his mom having colon cancer.

It's hot here today too. Way in the 90's and no lake to jump into!! Thread has moved fast and I am about caught up. I didn't want to say anything till I read all the thread. I have saved all the docs for later to read. See you on the thread. an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

There is a very, very long list of products in the cookie dough recall, and not just the Toll House Cookie Dough:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5446.msg846749#msg846749

Monkeys with a sweet tooth, please check the list, I don't want you or your loved ones getting sick. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »

Even though we have a Food and Product Recall area here at SM, I was afraid some monkeys don't go there to look, and this could be a problem for many, especially for those with little monkeys:
http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/061909kvue_nestle-toll-house-cookie-dough-cb.669c427.html
Nestle recalls Toll House cookie dough

10:47 AM CDT on Friday, June 19, 2009
<snip>
The FDA advised consumers to throw away any prepackaged, refrigerated Nestle Toll House cookie dough products in their homes. Retailers, restauranteurs and employees at other food-service operations should also not sell or serve any of the products.
<snip>
 The recall includes refrigerated cookie bar dough, cookie dough tub, cookie dough tubes, limited edition cookie dough items, seasonal cookie dough and Ultimates cookie bar dough. It extends to chocolate chip dough and other varieties, including gingerbread, sugar and peanut butter cookie dough. It does not affect any other Toll House products, including ice cream that contains Toll House raw cookie dough.

The FDA also said consumers should not try to cook the dough, even though eating cooked dough would be safe, because consumers might get bacteria on their hands and on counters and other cooking surfaces.

E. coli is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration and, in the most severe cases, kidney failure.

MUFFY~  THANK YOU for posting that. My daughter has that stuff almost always in her fridge, they are all cookie freaks! I'm going to call her right now.  Again, thanks, I never look in the other thread.    j
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.