May 07, 2024, 09:22:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 445083 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: January 28, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/01/28/Casey-Anthony-lawyers-assail-meter-reader/UPI-88341264715053/

U.S. News
View archive | RSS Feed RSS Feed
Receive Free UPI Newsletter
Casey Anthony lawyers assail meter reader
Published: Jan. 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM
ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 28 (UPI) -- Lawyers for the Florida mother charged with killing her toddler daughter say the man who found the toddler's remains should be investigated.

Casey Anthony's attorneys allege Roy Kronk, a meter reader who found the remains of 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony in December 2008, has a violent past and should be a suspect.

Jill Kerley, one of Kronk's former wives, alleges to a private investigator for the Anthony team that Kronk once tied her up with duct tape, records cited by the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel indicate.

Forensic evidence released by the State Attorney's Office shows Caylee's mouth was covered by duct tape when she died.

It is not clear if Kerley, a nurse, filed a criminal complaint against Kronk, the Sentinel said. He has no criminal record in Florida.

Kerley herself is a convicted felon in Tennessee on probation after writing bad checks, the newspaper said.

She was also arrested in 2000 on a controlled-substance charge, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation records cited by the Sentinel indicate. The outcome of that case was not immediately available.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and claims a babysitter kidnapped Caylee. The toddler's body was found near Anthony's home in Orlando after a months-long search.

Anthony's murder trial was set to begin this summer, but that now seems unlikely, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: January 28, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

I asked it anyone had seen Ms. Baden lately and got no response..............I wonder if she has left the defense team so I started looking at if and how she could leave the team...........I found this article and thought it interesting enough to share.

http://resources.lawinfo.com/en/Articles/General-Practice/Federal/can-my-attorney-quit.html

Can My Attorney Quit?
By: LawInfo
Published: 11/2008
There is a certain degree of trust and personal information that a client shares with an attorney that makes the attorney hard to replace. The sensitive information that is shared and discussed makes it hard to start over with a different legal counselor just as it is difficult to do with a mental health counselor. Yet, while it is ideal when the same attorney can represent a client from the beginning to the conclusion of a legal matter, it is not always possible.

The seriousness of terminating an attorney client relationship prior to the resolution of the legal matter has led the American Bar Association (ABA) to develop guidelines for attorneys to use if they must terminate the relationship while a matter is pending. Those guidelines are found in the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility which have been substantially adopted in many jurisdictions.

The Model Rules explain specific situations when an attorney may terminate an attorney client relationship prior to the resolution of a legal matter. Generally, the rules allow an attorney to withdraw if the withdrawal will not produce a material adverse effect on the client’s interests or if good cause for the termination exists.

However, there are certain situations when an attorney may withdraw from a case even if it is detrimental to the client’s interests. For example, if the attorney has knowledge that the client is going to do something criminal or fraudulent and the attorney has advised the client not to do the criminal or fraudulent act but the client insists on proceeding with such act then the attorney may withdraw from the case without consideration to the client’s interests. An attorney may also withdraw if a client insists on taking an action that the attorney finds repugnant or with which the attorney has a fundamental disagreement. Similarly, the attorney may withdraw if the client has used the lawyer’s services to commit a crime or a fraud.

It is not enough that the attorney disagree with the client in order to withdraw for one of the reasons described above. The client must be acting in a criminal or morally repugnant way or in a way with which the attorney fundamentally disagrees. These exceptions exist so that the attorney can continue to uphold the law by refusing to be involved in criminal activity and so that the attorney can provide adequate representation. If the attorney fundamentally disagrees with the client then it is unlikely that the attorney can provide zealous representation.

An attorney may also withdraw from a case if the client fails to pay the attorney and the attorney has given reasonable warning that the attorney will withdraw unless payment is received. NOTE I wonder how this would apply if the attorney was working pro bono?

Further, if the client proves unreasonably difficult or refuses to cooperate then the attorney may withdraw from the case. NOTE: So theoretically if casey refuses to cooperate as Lyons wants her to, she, Lyons can quit.

If an attorney withdraws from a case, he or she must follow the notice of withdrawal rules established by the state courts in his or her jurisdiction. A court may refuse an attorney’s request to withdraw from the case and order the attorney to continue representing the client.

NOTE: to the best of my knowledge we have not seen a motion of withdrawal. So I guess technically LKBaden is still part of the team.

The law and the rules of professional responsibility encourage attorneys to work with clients until the completion of their legal matter. However, the rules also recognize that sometimes it is not in the client’s best interest to require the attorney to do so. Therefore, while the presumption is that a client will work with an attorney until the resolution of his or her legal matter, there are situations when a new attorney should be retained.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »

Hey Sunny!.I do sleep,but never all night.   

uummmmm might have to change your avatar to a vampire lady Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: January 28, 2010, 09:45:16 PM »

Hello Monkeyas...
I only want justice for Cayleee and the safe return of Aja...
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #904 on: January 29, 2010, 12:17:18 AM »

Sorry have not been around this week....my best friend with Pancreatic cancer passed away January 24th and the funeral is tomorrow. Thank you monkeys for all your prayers and support over the past year. She is at peace now, and the suffering is over.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #905 on: January 29, 2010, 01:35:54 AM »

I don't know if this has previously been posted on SM:

Dr. Lillian Glass
Body Language Blog

Casey Anthony’s Body Language in Court Reflects Phony Non- Tears, Fake Sniffles, and An Empty Apology

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #906 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:31 AM »

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/casey-anthony%e2%80%99s-body-language-in-court-reflects-phony-non-tears-fake-sniffles-and-an-empty-apology/

Sorry, the link didn't post correctly the first time.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
ellejay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #907 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:19 AM »

..for some reason i wasn't able to get on site during the hearing...

..did catch this post on mr. shaeffer's blog:

judypc said, on January 29, 2010 at 12:05 am This is from the Anthony Myspace page
“””””” Caylee Marie Anthony ’s Blurbs
About me:

My name is Caylee Marie Anthony, I turned 3 years old on August 9th. I love green beans, eating corn with my hands, iced animal crackers and an apple juice would be a great snack after playing outdoors with my two little dogs. I like Sponge Bob Square Pants and my favorite book is ‘Supper Time Freida Fuzzy Paws.’ If you could not guess, I love purple and pink, butterflies, and balloons!
I went missing sometime after June 16, 2008 but on December 11, 2008 I was found and now with your help we must continue moving forward to help other little kids that are missing to come home too.
What is wrong with these people??
They make it sound like she was found at Ben & Jerry’s having ice cream, shes home snug in her bed and all is coming up roses.

BUT DON’T FORGET TO SEND YOU’RE DONATION…..

And they wonder why people think they are freaks, go figure…

-------------i'm in complete shock that they would post such a thing !!!
.."i was "missing"----then found! like she's AT home, enjoying green beans and butterflies!

..note to anthony's: she was NEVER missing-----murdered, thrown in the ditch so KC could resume party mode.!

..every time i feel a tiny tinge of pity for them-----they come through and prove me wrong!!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: January 29, 2010, 06:38:09 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony Jail Visits Still Focus on Death Penalty Phase

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: January 29, 2010, 06:45:07 AM »

Sorry have not been around this week....my best friend with Pancreatic cancer passed away January 24th and the funeral is tomorrow. Thank you monkeys for all your prayers and support over the past year. She is at peace now, and the suffering is over.

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #910 on: January 29, 2010, 07:12:27 AM »

So very sorry for the loss of your friend, seeme, prayers for you and her family.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: January 29, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »

Condolences to you and your friends family.   an angelic monkey
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: January 29, 2010, 09:06:22 AM »

Oh, Seeme, I'm so sorry.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and her family. I know you will miss her, but she is in a better place now, I know it.  My first boyfriend died of pancreatic cancer about 5 years ago, and I know the pain is terrible.  Please give yourself a big ol hug from me.
Monkalicious

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #913 on: January 29, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey Take care Seeme

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: January 29, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »

Seeme, I am sorry to read of your loss. Everyone should have at least one friend as loving and devoted as you. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:36 AM »

judypc said, on January 29, 2010 at 12:05 am This is from the Anthony Myspace page
About me:

My name is Caylee Marie Anthony, I turned 3 years old on August 9th. I love green beans, eating corn with my hands, iced animal crackers and an apple juice would be a great snack after playing outdoors with my two little dogs. I like Sponge Bob Square Pants and my favorite book is ‘Supper Time Freida Fuzzy Paws.’ If you could not guess, I love purple and pink, butterflies, and balloons!
I went missing sometime after June 16, 2008 but on December 11, 2008 I was found and now with your help we must continue moving forward to help other little kids that are missing to come home too.
They make it sound like she was found at Ben & Jerry’s having ice cream, shes home snug in her bed and all is coming up roses.

.."i was "missing"----then found! like she's AT home, enjoying green beans and butterflies!

..note to anthony's: she was NEVER missing-----murdered, thrown in the ditch so KC could resume party mode.!

..every time i feel a tiny tinge of pity for them-----they come through and prove me wrong!!

Good Morning Monks!  Does anyone have the link to the above posting and to the A's myspace?  Thanks.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: January 29, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony Jail Visits Still Focus on Death Penalty Phase

Morning trim!! 
in this article I would like to know what makes the writer think, in his/wildest nightmare, that the A's asked JB to visit KC on Christmas since they "could/would not'?

correction please:  his Christmas visit does not lead me to believe that at all.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: January 29, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »

an angelic monkey  Sorry seeme ...
ellejay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: January 29, 2010, 12:24:53 PM »

About me:

Good Morning Monks!  Does anyone have the link to the above posting and to the A's myspace?  Thanks.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html
judypc post at 12:05 a.m.
i don't know the anthony myspace page info.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #919 on: January 29, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »

an angelic monkey  Sorry seeme ...

Me too Seeme   an angelic monkey

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.