May 05, 2024, 10:52:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #2  (Read 557823 times)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3120 on: August 04, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

i just spent 70 flippin' dollars at he77-mart for school supplies for Babycrazy

I'm sorry, MamaCrazy. 
That's outrages for a five year old 
i know...its like i was buying for the whole darn class...i still don't understand why she need 4 boxes of 16 count crayons and then 2 eight count boxes....10!  gluesticks.....four boxes zip-lock bags...i could go on but it would take up too much space

MamaCrazy, it DOES sound like you are buying supplies for others in the class. Maybe this is the way they supply other children who don't bring their own, especially if you only put her name on her sleep mat and book bag. This sounds like a rip to me. 
i feel for any child whos parents either cannot afford supplies  or just won't buy them for them but jees her school has a web-site and all over it is pto info...ya think that they would have some kind of fundraser or something for this problem...not just stick it to the rest of us

Last year my daughter forgot her lunch bag at school.  She went back the next day and could not find it.  We had an event at the school the day after (2 days later) and I went through the lost and found, no lunch bag.  So I asked at the office.  At the end of each month they clear out the lost and found regardless if the item went in on Friday or Monday , first day of the month or last and it gets boxed up and sent to a school they have adopted in Malawi.  So my daughters thermal lunch bag with her name in black sharpie writtin on the inside is somewhere in Malawi 
i bought one of those as well today...school lunch is $2.50 here...needless to say she'll be bringing her own

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #3121 on: August 04, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »

I think this story has a wrinkle to it...

Career Shoplifter
Arrested
Updated: Monday, 03 Aug 2009, 2:13 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 03 Aug 2009, 12:09 PM CDT

An 86-year-old woman was placed in custody Sunday afternoon in what Chicago police said was her 61st arrest for shoplifting after she allegedly took several items including anti-wrinkle cream from a North Side Dominick’s Finer Foods.

Ella Orko, 86, of an unidentified address in Chicago, was charged with felony shoplifting, according to a Belmont District police lieutenant who said she was arrested at 3 p.m. Sunday at a Dominick's grocery in the 2500 block of North Clyborn Avenue.

Orko allegedly took five packs of salmon, 11 packages of AA batteries, 2 packs of L’Oreal RevitaLift anti-wrinkle cream, eight boxed jars of Olay face cream and four jars of instant coffee from the store, according to the lieutenant.

Orko was arrested when someone from the grocery saw her allegedly take the items, which have a total value of $252.26, and place them in her clothing before attempting to exit the store without paying for the items, according to a police report.

Orko, who has been arrested 61 times including Sunday’s arrest, has 13 convictions also for shoplifting. She was arrested for the first time in 1956 in Chicago for petty larceny and again in 1958 for grand larceny, according to the lieutenant.

“She’s a career shoplifter,’’ the lieutenant said.

Belmont Area detectives are investigating.

For a second there, I thought it was a picture of the late David Carradine.
CC, you make me cry.      David Carradine

Well that'll be the day
When you say goodbye
That'll be the day
When you make me cry
You say you're gonna leave
You know it's a lie
Cause that'll be the day that I die

And you haven't banned me yet.

I doubt I will ever "ban" you CC. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3122 on: August 04, 2009, 03:37:32 PM »

Why would a five year old kid need four boxes of zip lock bags? 

The teacher probably uses them to keep the "communal" supplies in.  If each parent brings 4 then they have enough for everything.  My lists drove me nuts.  One green 1", 3 ring binder with inside pockets (available at Staples).  What the teachers are colourblind?

That's what they do here too NoRose.Everybody brings extra for the ones who don't have.
We never had lists like that when we were kids.
We had a school bag, no backpacks back then, some pencils, pens, paper, and off you went 

It great back then,wasn't it.No bull chit.
And I always got to pick out a lunch box, even though I only ate at school when it was below zero. I remember my Beverly Hillbillies lunch box, I broke the thermis in it, and grandma put my milk in a jelly jar, can you just imagine the outrage nowadays if you put your kid's milk in a jelly jar? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3123 on: August 04, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »

The teacher probably uses them to keep the "communal" supplies in.  If each parent brings 4 then they have enough for everything.  My lists drove me nuts.  One green 1", 3 ring binder with inside pockets (available at Staples).  What the teachers are colourblind?

That's what they do here too NoRose.Everybody brings extra for the ones who don't have.

Yup here as well.  One list had "45" Hb pencils NOT made in China.  There is no way one kid will go through 45 pencils in 8 months.  There was also a note at the bottom that the school would no longer be supplying construction paper, white out or tape.  So I am betting I will be getting a second list for projects as the year goes one.  Busing also went up to $255 for each of them this year.  Over $900 spent and neither of them have even stepped foot into school yet.
Okay, now that does it, no pencils made in China, so now you have to look at the da_n pencils to see where they are made? I'm glad my kids are in their twenties. Tell me about the bus fees. In Wisconsin the bus was free, we moved back here and when they told me the cost of the bus fare, I started laughing, I thought the lady was joking...... 

OMG the bus fees drive me nuts.  Kindergarten no - fees, BUT they only take the kid one way.  Don't even get me going on how insane this is. 

Grade 1- 6 in our district - if you are in regular classes and are further than 1.5 KM from the school it is $255.00 / child to a max of 4 children - every child after 4th in the same family rides for free.  If your child is in a Special needs class you only pay $165 /per child, no multiple child rebate. 

If you are closer than 1.5 km from the school  you do not qualify for busing regardless of age of child.  If you insist on busing your child is put on a standby list (first come first serve) and if there are free seats on the bus that passes by you anyways, then your child will be issued a pass for the year at a cost of $325.  If the seat is needed by a special needs or regular student further than 1.5km during the year your child gets tossed from the bus to make room for the new kid who needs it.  Each year they start a new waiting list for the kids who get the too close to school passes.  Does that not sound special?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3124 on: August 04, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »

Malawi? The way my younger daughter lost things, from mittens to socks, pretty much everything, all her lost things are probably in Malawi also    All I can say is, I'm glad for the way I grew up, everyone was pretty much on the same economic level, sure some were poorer, some were richer, but it wasn't as obvious as now. I honestly would give anything to be young and back home and this time around really understand and appreciate everything my parents and grandparents did for me. I get so sad thinking about that sometimes, it kills me inside.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3125 on: August 04, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »

Northern Rose that busing sounds insane. Why can't things just be simple?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3126 on: August 04, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »

We had a school bag, no backpacks back then, some pencils, pens, paper, and off you went 

It great back then,wasn't it.No bull chit.
And I always got to pick out a lunch box, even though I only ate at school when it was below zero. I remember my Beverly Hillbillies lunch box, I broke the thermis in it, and grandma put my milk in a jelly jar, can you just imagine the outrage nowadays if you put your kid's milk in a jelly jar? 

At my son's school the kids used to be able to buy milk but they cancelled the milk program in consideration for the kids that are allergic to it.  This school also got rid of the microwaves last year so nothing comes in that needs to be heated as it took too much staff time cleaning the microwaves.  They have hot lunch once a month that the PTA puts on and it is usually hotdogs or pizza.  My daughters school had hot lunch twice a month and they would get it from KFC, DairyQueen, MR Sub etc.  It was 7.00 per hot lunch.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3127 on: August 04, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »

no rose~ it sounds wonderful...this is what kills me now...if i were to put her milk in a jelly jar, i'm sure i would be getting a call from the school and maybe even dhs...then we look at little Roberts situtation where this little boy was wronged by so many....i just don't understand

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3128 on: August 04, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »

Had to log back in to post this.  Let me preface by saying that I am a huge NASCAR fan ( I know everyone is laughing) what can I say?  But this just put me in another tizzy. Doesn't O have anything else to do on a Monday?

Rain delays Monday’s White House event for NASCAR
Aug 3, 1:37 pm EDT

WASHINGTON (AP)—The White House meeting between No. 44 and No. 48 will have to wait a few weeks, thanks to turf problems elsewhere.

Three-time defending Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson was among a group of NASCAR drivers who were to be honored by President Barack Obama at the White House Monday. But steady rain postponed Sunday’s race at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania and that event was rescheduled for Monday.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says the meeting with Obama has been rescheduled for Aug. 19.

Johnson’s No. 48 Chevrolet was going to be parked at the White House.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3129 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »

Last year at my son's school, there was a teacher that sent home a note with the students that offered EXTRA CREDIT of one test grade up on a test if you brought one of the following:  4 boxes Kleenex or 4 dry erase markers or a box of latex gloves.   I went in to see the principal that next morning I was so mad.  Why should a child earn a higher grade for their parents spending money?  What are we teaching students?  And what about the students whose parents wouldn't /couldn't buy that stuff?  I certainly wouldn't.  The offer was immediately withdrawn with an apology.  I told them if the school or teacher's needed something to let parents know and perhaps we could donate, but it shouldn't be done in a way that the students benefit grade wise.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3130 on: August 04, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

Career Shoplifter
Arrested

An 86-year-old woman was placed in custody Sunday afternoon in what Chicago police said was her 61st arrest for shoplifting after she allegedly took several items including anti-wrinkle cream from a North Side Dominick’s Finer Foods.

Ella Orko, 86, of an unidentified address in Chicago, was charged with felony shoplifting, according to a Belmont District police lieutenant who said she was arrested at 3 p.m. Sunday at a Dominick's grocery in the 2500 block of North Clyborn Avenue.

Orko allegedly took five packs of salmon, 11 packages of AA batteries, 2 packs of L’Oreal RevitaLift anti-wrinkle cream, eight boxed jars of Olay face cream and four jars of instant coffee from the store, according to the lieutenant.

Orko was arrested when someone from the grocery saw her allegedly take the items, which have a total value of $252.26, and place them in her clothing before attempting to exit the store without paying for the items, according to a police report.

Orko, who has been arrested 61 times including Sunday’s arrest, has 13 convictions also for shoplifting. She was arrested for the first time in 1956 in Chicago for petty larceny and again in 1958 for grand larceny, according to the lieutenant.

I have finally gotten back up off the floor laughing over this CC. OMG!! David Carradine!!!! 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3131 on: August 04, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »

Had to log back in to post this.  Let me preface by saying that I am a huge NASCAR fan ( I know everyone is laughing) what can I say?  But this just put me in another tizzy. Doesn't O have anything else to do on a Monday?

WASHINGTON (AP)—The White House meeting between No. 44 and No. 48 will have to wait a few weeks, thanks to turf problems elsewhere.

Three-time defending Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson was among a group of NASCAR drivers who were to be honored by President Barack Obama at the White House Monday. But steady rain postponed Sunday’s race at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania and that event was rescheduled for Monday.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says the meeting with Obama has been rescheduled for Aug. 19.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-obama-nascar&prov=ap&type=lgns

OH POOP, forgot the link...ugh!  Goodbye!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3132 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »

Northern Rose that busing sounds insane. Why can't things just be simple?

We also get a two page list of what is allowed and gets you banned from the bus.  Last year the driver refused to allow my daughter on the bus as she was carrying her choir gown in a garment bag with a metal hanger.  Bad metal hanger bad!  However she brought it home from school the week before in the exact same way so I could get it dry cleaned and was NOT banned from getting on the bus.  She was also refused on the bus for carrying poster board that would not fit into her backpack for a project that was assigned by the teacher.  I can not count the number of times I have had to drive to get her because she has contraband bus items.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3133 on: August 04, 2009, 03:54:08 PM »

Last year at my son's school, there was a teacher that sent home a note with the students that offered EXTRA CREDIT of one test grade up on a test if you brought one of the following:  4 boxes Kleenex or 4 dry erase markers or a box of latex gloves.   I went in to see the principal that next morning I was so mad.  Why should a child earn a higher grade for their parents spending money?  What are we teaching students?  And what about the students whose parents wouldn't /couldn't buy that stuff?  I certainly wouldn't.  The offer was immediately withdrawn with an apology.  I told them if the school or teacher's needed something to let parents know and perhaps we could donate, but it shouldn't be done in a way that the students benefit grade wise.   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3134 on: August 04, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »

no rose~ it sounds wonderful...this is what kills me now...if i were to put her milk in a jelly jar, i'm sure i would be getting a call from the school and maybe even dhs...then we look at little Roberts situtation where this little boy was wronged by so many....i just don't understand
Me either, and speaking of milk, when I was in grade school it was 3 cents for white milk and 5 cents for chocolate milk 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3135 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

I just went over to check on little Robert Manwill's thread.  Nothing new yet. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3136 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:59 PM »

I would have been on pizzed mom at the principles office as well .  That is wrong on so many levels.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3137 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »

Between this and that huge beaded picture outside the WH for Obama's birthday I could scream.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3138 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_nkorea_journalists_held
North Korea: 2 US journalists pardoned
<snipped>
 9 mins ago

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has issued a "special pardon" to two American journalists convicted of sneaking into the country illegally, and he ordered them released during a visit by former U.S. President Bill Clinton, North Korean media reported early Wednesday.

The release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee was a sign of North Korea's "humanitarian and peaceloving policy," the Korean Central News Agency reported.

Clinton, who arrived in North Korea Tuesday on an unannounced visit, met with the reclusive and ailing Kim — his first meeting with a prominent Western figure since his reported stroke nearly a year ago.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #3139 on: August 04, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »

Career Shoplifter
Arrested

I have finally gotten back up off the floor laughing over this CC. OMG!! David Carradine!!!! 

I'm curious about the 11 packs of AA batteries.  Maybe Numbersgirls can enlighten us.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.