May 17, 2024, 10:05:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #671 8/1 - 8/2/2007  (Read 224182 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »

Granny Toad,

Carnut wanted me to tell you hello from him, as he is a big fan of yours. Very Happy

For some reason he doesn't seem to be able to get into the forum.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #761 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »

New computer for Dugga.....

Unnnhhhh I showed that to my SpouseUnit and he wants one. Does it come as a DIY kit or can I order him a working model? DIY kits don't get done. Does it come Next Day delivery like a Dell?

GrannyT - I bet that would be one DIY project that would get finished in super fast time.  My DH would see to it in this house, anyway

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »

Hello, Monkeys

TGIF  Laughing Laughing

Finally caught up reading.  I personally would hate to lose this forum and the close family feeling you get being part of it.  I know that losing it is not anyone's intention.  A more dedicated NH thread for serious discussions only is the best idea IMO and if any news breaks and is posted there first, someone would very soon wave an alert flag and we would all be over there so fast.
It has worked before when someone has posted for help in the lounge and we soon got the message.  Yes this is an odd thread I suppose but that is what makes SM attractive to many of us and why we chose to come here in the first place.  And the fact that we get truth and not fiction or fantasy and every respect is shown to Natalee and her family.

Easy Is your new avatar inside looking out, or outside looking in?

You said that very well!  When news breaks we are all over it and it doesn't matter the source.  There are some very sharp people here watching every blog and news agency.  As soon as real news breaks it is here.

And, that's a good question.....   Razz
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: August 02, 2007, 09:21:39 PM »

HI Monkeys all,

Easy I think you may have finally found the right avatar for you.  At least I like it.

BT nice to see you back. Did you need the sweater we all were suggesting?

IBE , I agree if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I hate to bring this sore subject up but read earlier from I believe NUT 4x4 about the post that someone posted from Charles Croes at the RU site. Anyway it seems a lot of folks are under the impression that article on the drowned man came from Jossy and Diario. I posted at BFN that the article was from Amigoe but alot of folks can't read there. I thought just maybe if I posted it here that it was from Amigoe maybe they would let CC know that. 

We have had such a good support from Jossy i would hate for that all to change because of misinformation. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:36 PM »

Granny Toad,

Carnut wanted me to tell you hello from him, as he is a big fan of yours. Very Happy

Bring Carnut back!  Bring Carnut back!
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »

Granny Toad,

I miss Carnut, havn't seen a post from in months.   I know he can be irrating but he's not like a FOB or RU.  I miss Carnut
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

You know Easy, I have been mulling over your suggestion about the threads today... and something Granny Toad said really stuck out at me...

I know y'all are tired of this discussion but I really want to get this right...

so what if we change our "main" thread to news of the day... we can talk about Natalee, the bridge, our kids, whatever we want to... and welcome all the new people, etc. 

and then move the serious discussions surrounding Natalee to a thread by it's self...

Granny today mentioned (and she is new to here and everyone values her input from what I see, she has done amazing amounts of research) that she "didn't get the LCD thread... and I see why...

it says lively case discussion but we all talk here... which I love, btw.  I want us to keep talking... but if we have a Natalee only area then those that want to discuss that can post and still talk in here... like the important facts or research we find can be copied to that thread and people can read and post there as they want to... while still maintaining our sense of community.

I also will let y'all know that in the very near future a family member would like to visit and ask questions... (not Beth or Dave) and we need to be sure that we have a space for that...

thoughts??? suggestions???

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Angie, I pray they figure this out and you start feeling better.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: August 02, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »

HI Monkeys all,

Easy I think you may have finally found the right avatar for you.  At least I like it.

I hate to bring this sore subject up but read earlier from I believe NUT 4x4 about the post that someone posted from Charles Croes at the RU site. Anyway it seems a lot of folks are under the impression that article on the drowned man came from Jossy and Diario. I posted at BFN that the article was from Amigoe but alot of folks can't read there. I thought just maybe if I posted it here that it was from Amigoe maybe they would let CC know that. 

We have had such a good support from Jossy i would hate for that all to change because of misinformation. JMHO

Sam   - the misinformation is coming from RU not from SM.  Charles Croes was hand fed information and asked to post in the Aruba BB.  The photo was at 24ora and Amigoe and I'd bet the same photo was in Bondia and maybe even Diario.  I'm not sure about Bondia and Diario but all of the Aruban publications regularly post photos of the injured and dead. 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: August 02, 2007, 09:27:11 PM »

Why does it jump to a different page sometimes when I press refresh??
 Shocked

I noticed that it did that to me if I was at the end of a page.

I thought It was just me... Even left somthing in the lounge thread on it...
but no one else had mentioned anything there about it  Laughing

it just happened to me again!!  Does Drugga know about this?   Mad

I am not quite sure what you guys mean.. but sometimes when I hit refresh.. I can see someones AVI on the opposite page that hasnt posted in the new page yet? If that makes sense.. lol   Like the page before?   IS that what you mean?

are you trying to tell us that when you hit refresh - you can see the future???  Shocked

Can you hit refresh and get me the big game lotto numbers for tomorrow????

with that power... I would quit working forever!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: August 02, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »

Granny Toad,

Oh Please Klaas try to help Carnut in. We have missed him. JMHO

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: August 02, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »

Sam,

I needed the sweater y'all told me to take to SF with me AND the black fleecy jacket. That is some cold wind that blows out there!  Shocked

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »

HI Monkeys all,

Thanks Sam!  I kind of like the artistic flair of this one and the quizzical look peering from within the cage, longing for answers that never seem to come….
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #772 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:29 PM »

HI Monkeys all,

Sam   - the misinformation is coming from RU not from SM.  Charles Croes was hand fed information and asked to post in the Aruba BB.  The photo was at 24ora and Amigoe and I'd bet the same photo was in Bondia and maybe even Diario.  I'm not sure about Bondia and Diario but all of the Aruban publications regularly post photos of the injured and dead. 

Test 123, test 123, can you hear me now.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:45 PM »

HI Monkeys all,

Klaas I know all the papers post pics of their dead but this partcular one was from Amigoe and not Diario and I just do not want Jossy accused of something he is not guilty of this time. JMHO

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »

Hello all you gorgeous monkeys!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:48 PM »

I don't see Tom linked anywhere on the contact links, is Tom gone?
You must have missed the memo, IndyDan Smile Smile 

And obviously bad mr. indy... you don't read the front page!   Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #776 on: August 02, 2007, 09:33:24 PM »

Granny Toad,

I miss Carnut, havn't seen a post from in months.   I know he can be irrating but he's not like a FOB or RU.  I miss Carnut

Carnut is just like all of us and can be a little temperamental at times.  I enjoyed his input more often than not.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #777 on: August 02, 2007, 09:34:24 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Muffy and Blah.  I'll take your lack of detail as it wasn't a nice separation. Sorry to hear that.

Dan,
If you go to the front page you will see where Tom posted about it... it wasn't a bad goodbye at all... Tom just didn't have the passion for this.  He and Red are still very good friends and will remain so!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: August 02, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »

BTGirl - tell Carnut to check his email
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: August 02, 2007, 09:36:37 PM »

BTGirl - tell Carnut to check his email

Will do.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.