May 04, 2024, 09:25:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 183359 times)
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2008, 03:55:18 AM »

Are you here??

You mean peopel actually post here
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2008, 08:32:42 AM »

Are you here??

This is my first time in this forum... I tried to find it yesterday, but no such luck.  Dang, people.. you don't make it easy to muse around here, do ya! 

Tamiko.. I'm sorry if you already answered this.. basically I'm finding this board just to see what's up with your doggie.  Did the vet say anything about her kidneys?

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »

Yes, we do post here or in the Monkey Lounge about things that would be considered off topic on the Natalee Case Discussion or Missing Person's threads. 

Janet, I hope the vet finds what's bothering your pup.  We've been through this with our Boston Terrior (10) this year......2 different episodes, 6 months apart.  I'll save the details for later.

Did you see the latest recall for pet food?  It happens to be dry food.  Just thinking.

Will check later for your update. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

Janet.....I am praying for a speedy recovery......and  hope it's jsut a tummy bug....my best friend Riley, who I lost 2 years ago at age 15, had some dental problems and he would go through spells when he wouldn't eat or drink...make sure the VET checks the teeth and gums really good.....please keep us posted.

Sunny ... I am sorry about Riley.  After fifteen years our dogs become like members of the family.  Our son is quit upset.  Brandi was given to him when he was 10 years old and ... he spent one on one time with his dog every day until he go married a couple of years ago.  This my hubby and I took over.  Hubby spends a lot of time keeping up our property and ... Brandi has been his constant companion.

Brandi is still eating dried food and ... her teeth are checked every year when she has her checkup, deworming and shots.  Every month our son even brushes her teeth ... gives her a bath or ... takes her to a doggy salon for a bath.    However ... I will mention her teeth to the vet tomorrow.

I somehow think the problem could be a bug because of how suddenly Brandi lost her appetite and ... didn't even want to drink.  Anyways ... that is what I hope.

A bed of old blankets has been made up in the kitchen for her tonight.  This way I can easily check on her during the night.  Normally ... I would have to worry about her sneaking into the rest of the house but ... she is so weak she is wobbly on her legs when she got up a little while ago and ... whined at the door to be let out to do her thing.  Our son and DIL were still here so ... son actually carried her down and up the back stairs.

In the morning hubby and I will be taking Brandi back to the vet and ... hopefully he will have the results of the xrays.

Thank you Sunny.

Janet

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »

Thank you all for your concern.

Brandi is much better this morning.  Hubby thinks her extreme weakness last night was from the effects of the sedation that was given her yesterday.

My hubby made oatmeal porridge for himself this morning and ... he offered a bowl to Brandi and she ate it all.

We will be loading her shortly into our van and taking her back to the vet this morning.  After a checkup ... I have a feeling we will be turning around and bringing her right back home.  Anyways ... xrays were taken yesterday and ... results should be available.

Thanks agains to all for their concern.  It was sincerely appreciated.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »

Janet~  I'll be thinking of Brandi and of you and your family today.  I hope things go well.  Please keep us posted.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »

Janet~  I'll be thinking of Brandi and of you and your family today.  I hope things go well.  Please keep us posted.

Thanks MuffyBee

Well ... it has only been a little over an hour since we left for the pet hospital with Brandi and ... we are all now home.

The results of yesterday's Xrays were not ready but ... the vet was impressed with Brandi's improvement.  Other than giving her antibiotics twice a day ... we were told just to keep an eye on her.

NJSons ... before I had a chance to ask the vet about a recall on certain brands of dog food ... it was him that advised us to chuck out whatever dried food was left in the bag Brandi was currently being fed from.  It was just to be on the safe side that no contamination had gotten into the bag once it had been opened.  I don't think so because upon opening a bag ... the food is immediately transferred into a clean sealed container.  The vet assured us that the brand was not included in any recall.  However ... I will do some research prior to purchasing another bag of dried dog food.  For the next week or so ... Brandi will be on soft foods.

Thanks again all for your concern.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »

Janet,

I'm glad Brandi is improving while on the meds.  That's a good sign.  Also glad the food wasn't on the current list of recalls. 

We've had a recurrence of Lyme in our Boston Terrior back in June....even with Frontline use & prior vaccination (Vet claims this can happen with canines).  She tested positive for that, and in addition, had a low platelet count suggesting hemolytic anemia.  According to the vet, this is contrary to Lyme statistics, BUT, with prednisone treatment, her blood is now okay.  I've done a lot of reading on the subject, and am not convinced that the Lyme didn't send her immune system into a tailspin.  The vaccination for Lyme, also is suspect, according to some articles I've read. She's off the prednisone, now, because it started to manifest symptoms of Cushings Disease, while we were weaning her off of it.  She's also almost finished with an antibiotic for gastric distress and seems back to her old self.  Of course, she'll need a follow up blood test to be sure she's out of the woods with the platelet issue. 

You've already noted how our pets are a part of the family and keeping them healthy and safe is part of our responsibility to them.  She's one of our babies...just like your Brandi.

Hope all goes well.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »

I'm so glad Brandi has gained back some of her appetite. That's wonderful! Smile
Hopefully the test/xray results will show nothing serious.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2008, 03:01:32 AM »

JEEZZZZZ did you get lost in the way????
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2008, 03:02:02 AM »

Are you here??

I am here. Sorry I got lost.  Yes quite a few of our posts have been moved here.
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2008, 03:02:43 AM »

Yeah I see that I do not think I am well liked
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #352 on: September 19, 2008, 03:03:35 AM »

Did you get all 3 of my emails?  Are you not a a phone person?
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2008, 03:04:25 AM »

yeah I was gonna call but hubby was up my ass lol getting jealous i was am on the computer all night
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2008, 03:05:08 AM »

my number #       EDIT OUT  NEVER POST YOUR NUMBER
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:58:20 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2008, 03:05:30 AM »

hey HH
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2008, 03:06:36 AM »

yeah I was gonna call but hubby was up my ass lol getting jealous i was am on the computer all night

People get on to keep up with this and they start from the beginning and its all our o/t crap.  I can see their point!  It happens and it frustrates me, well actually I just skip it!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2008, 03:07:57 AM »

my number            BLEEP

You know you can't delete that!  It is there forver!!!   My husband wants me banned so badly. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:59:18 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2008, 03:08:44 AM »

hey    cool  I found the room  and without any help at all....I must be getting better on here lol.......gotta do to bed soon but wanted to try to find my way around for a minute...yayayyyayyay

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Kristin
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: September 19, 2008, 03:08:48 AM »

my number BLEEPED OUT!! 

You know you can't delete that!  It is there forver!!!   My husband wants me banned so badly. 

LOl I thought about that after I posted it!!!

Yeah mine too he so does not get it at all why i am here lol
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:59:59 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.