May 05, 2024, 01:46:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #657 7/14 - 7/15/2007  (Read 139042 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #600 on: July 15, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »

FOX says the Natalee story is coming up. I'll quit posting updates if ya'll tell me it's a repeat. I'm not sure it is.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #601 on: July 15, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »

Dugga, thanks for the explanation.  In a previous job, I had found some code causing similar problems, that is, restricting certain later versions of media player....of course, this is opposite, but makes sense.  I guessed the resolution because I can't read teeny tiny fonts, and encountered work related problems when the resolution was key to seeing everything correctly.  I learned to mess with Accessibility settings to in order to compensate..

Klaas
, I was about to email you a screen shot until Dugga posted.  Smile

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: July 15, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »

Nut

Do you remember this??

04-26-2005, 12:06 AM      
 charles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since I was a kid, the word Macamba was used in a derogatory (sp?) manner to refer to the Dutch folks on the island. Nothing to be proud of but life is that way on most colonially oriented islands and the names for colonial settlers runs the creative gamut. Like I said, "nothing to be proud of". IN any case an interesting thing came up and I wanted to share it with you.

The ocean has been flat due to the lack of wind and the fishing boats to the side of the Marriott have been going out and comming back with some good catches. I was sitting on the dock and an older fisherman said (in Papiamento - our local language) that this would be a perfect day to have Macamba for bait. Yikes!!!!

I had to ask him about this and he explained that he did not mean the Dutch people but the little white fishes that run along the shore line. Normally you can't see them unless you wear a mask and look in the water. These fish are about 3 inches long and are a silvery white color. Apparrently they are excellent bait fish. Anyway - I asked him to explain further.

It seems that in the "olden days" the fishermen would throw surf nets into the water and get these fish to use for bait. They would get a bucket of these tiny fish and fill it with salt water and take them on their small boats for deep sea hand-line fishing. When the original Dutch settlers first arrived on Aruba, they were snowy white due to comming from Holland and they refered to them as having the color of a Macamba. From there, the word took on an association with the original Dutch settlers.

It became a derogatory term when it was used in reference to the police (most of whom were Dutch at the time) and from there the word became a rather nasty way to refer to the Dutch colonials. After all, these guys were here to impose law!!

The world is full of negative terms for settlers. Certainly the italians and the Irish suffered their fair share as well when landing on the docks of New York. With us, it was the simple white fish and the comparisonn of the white skin against the brown skin of the original Arawak decendents that did the trick.

From bait fish that swim in our lovely shore waters to the colonials - who would have thunk it?!

What is this piece of trivia worth? Probably not much beyond that I found about it recently and have this burning need to share our history with those that visit our island.

charles
arubafastphones.com

http://tinyurl.com/298pdy
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: July 15, 2007, 02:18:43 PM »

WOW.... I'm not sure what impresses me more - the old posts being accessible or the size of that honking underwater machine Tim is taking to Aruba.  

Both equally important in solving this thing.  I am sure there is info in the old posts to help prove some points and Paulus and crew should start sweating.  I think TES is going armed to the hilt to assure our Natalee gets returned to US soil where she belongs.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #604 on: July 15, 2007, 02:19:17 PM »

FOX on now
crazybabyborg
« Reply #605 on: July 15, 2007, 02:19:58 PM »

Tim and Dave on
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #606 on: July 15, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Dugga, thanks for the explanation.  In a previous job, I had found some code causing similar problems, that is, restricting certain later versions of media player....of course, this is opposite, but makes sense.  I guessed the resolution because I can't read teeny tiny fonts, and encountered work related problems when the resolution was key to seeing everything correctly.  I learned to mess with Accessibility settings to in order to compensate..

Klaas
, I was about to email you a screen shot until Dugga posted.  Smile

2NJ

If you are using IE.. go to IE 7  
It has a slikc trick of  cntl +  that increases all Fonts on the screen..
JMO of course

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #607 on: July 15, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

They're into theory on the case now.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2007, 02:24:35 PM »

Blogs, forums discuss Natalee... notice they didn't mention which ones???

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #609 on: July 15, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »

Bye.

Thanks for all the hard work, Dugga.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Blogs, forums discuss Natalee... notice they didn't mention which ones???

Dang I hit submit too fast...

meaning that they posted more of our theories than the other site... notice they only had one negative.... so keep it up Refugees and FOB... you are still not getting anywhere...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: July 15, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Bye.

Bye CBB.. see you later??

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »

Bye.

What... What ... What did they talk about  ... Confused  Crying or Very sad

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #613 on: July 15, 2007, 02:29:41 PM »

Oldfart,

Thank you for the IE7 info...I was just taking a look at it & saw the page zoom deescription....since this is not my personal computer, will have to talk to son about it.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: July 15, 2007, 02:31:29 PM »

They're into theory on the case now.

Dave and Tim just put the final nail in the coffin on that article. Dave was as strong as I've heard him and he and Tim both put the Arubans straight on how the FBI was locked out of the case.

What's bad for Aruba is that you take away the fact that the Aruban government does not want crimes against tourists solved and the island is covered with drug dealers trying to scam tourists.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: July 15, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Oldfart,

Thank you for the IE7 info...I was just taking a look at it & saw the page zoom deescription....since this is not my personal computer, will have to talk to son about it.

2NJ
Just thought I would mention it to you...
I was on IE7 for months before I found out about that feature  Embarassed  Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: July 15, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

Oldfart - the Fox interview was two parts.  They asked Dave about that $4,000 ransom from the Amigoe article.  Dave said it was a bunch of BS.

Then they spoke very quickly with Tim about the upcoming deep water search.

Typical FOX looking for ratings is all.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #617 on: July 15, 2007, 02:33:06 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Bye.

What... What ... What did they talk about  ... Confused  Crying or Very sad

Dave talked about how the FBI were not invited to participate, & said Dompig may have contributed to the recent article's misstatements.  Tim also was on and was talking about the ships, said ALE are welcome to join them & said they'll search the water even if they have to go through Venezuela...he said Mr. Shaefer met with Dave at his home a couple months ago and promised that if Natalee is in the water, he will find her & bring her home.  Tim was about to continue and was cut off...out of time.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: July 15, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »

Dayhiker, Klaasend, 2NJ
thank you on the recap...
SeeYaa

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: July 15, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »

Just saw Tim Miller and heard Dave on Fox.  I wonder why none of them ever mention who is spreading that rumor about the $4,000?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.