May 21, 2024, 01:09:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162677 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #960 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:04 AM »

One more tip on gardening and what to use to enhance your soil.  In the Carolinas, try to get tobacco trash from tobacco crops which are what robbed the soil of its nutrients.  In Alabama, I try to use as much cottonseed meal and cottongin trash as I can get my hands on.

Alfalfa is the only plant that produces a growth hormone, so add alfalfa meal or pellets to your soil.

And first and foremost, never fertilize your plants --- fertilize your soil with organics!  The soil will give it to the plant but the chemicals take away from your soil and leave the future crop lacking.  Be sure to treat the soil, not the plant!

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "NM"
Laughing  Sharon, I'm sure we both only read about that info. Like from a newspaper!

Of course, of course, We understand.  Twisted Evil

ANd whats with the "Dime Bag' anyhow?
All my friends could afford was a "Nickel Bag", ROFLMAO.
Must be inflation.

Of course, I never indulged, y' know.

I know! or a J. Only the rich kids bought dimes or quarters!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:48 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

You know, it's coconut hull that is used for bedding.  Just ask at the pet store for coir.  Or you can check on E-Bay but what you get for $20 will enable you and all your neighbors unless like me, you like to do plants just "because of it."  I think I started to see if it would work and now I root enough that I can give plants to anyone and everyone who does tours of my garden in spring and fall.  I can show them how it is done also and it helps others.  Most people who tour are interested in garden also, and some have never heard of rooting that way.  Aspirin water is not as good as birth control pills dissolved in water, but I cannot get my hands on any birth control pills.  I wish I could.  I have an Ob/Gyn friend who uses them and you would not believe the beautiful flowers!

OH!  Okay!!! I understand what it is now! Hmm...think another cuppa coffee is in order here  Laughing
I've heard that about birth control tablets also, but , like you, can't get my hands on any.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: May 22, 2007, 11:30:29 AM »

Laughing  Sharon, I'm sure we both only read about that info. Like from a newspaper!

Must be inflation.

I know! or a J. Only the rich kids bought dimes or quarters!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: May 22, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »

Tgal,
all my plants just screamed, "What Tgal said"!

They will be thanking you later I'm sure.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: May 22, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
One more tip on gardening and what to use to enhance your soil.  In the Carolinas, try to get tobacco trash from tobacco crops which are what robbed the soil of its nutrients.  In Alabama, I try to use as much cottonseed meal and cottongin trash as I can get my hands on.

Alfalfa is the only plant that produces a growth hormone, so add alfalfa meal or pellets to your soil.

And first and foremost, never fertilize your plants --- fertilize your soil with organics!  The soil will give it to the plant but the chemicals take away from your soil and leave the future crop lacking.  Be sure to treat the soil, not the plant!

Here in Maine we have a few organic seaweed products in the huge bales. I use them with good results.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: May 22, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »

Tgal,
1 question. Will it help if I smoke more around them! Laughing

Doing my part for the nott-here San.

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: May 22, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »

Not yet!

OK while I'm on the too much info

Max-Monkey steals logs from next door. shhhhh

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: May 22, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Quote from: "Tiger"
Art and Monkeys,good morning.Art,it was a Brown Recluse,a nasty customer.I have a stupid question.I know a dime bag is a unit of measure,but how much is it.Or is an ambigous measure like learners permit and training bra.

I think back in the Day a dime bag was an amt of reefer for $10.
I think the terms remain but the amt and cost probably differ esp. for diff. drugs.

lol

when dinosaurs roamed the earth Laughing  Laughing

Yea, I think I went to school w/ some of those "guys" in the Geico commercials !

OMG..ME TOO! In fact, as some of them age, they even LOOK like the Geico! Laughing
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: May 22, 2007, 11:36:22 AM »

because of boeti,
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: May 22, 2007, 11:36:33 AM »

Gotta step out for a few minutes. Birds are yowling and chirpin for their birdseed! Laughing
Watch me be 10 pages behind when I return!!!!!!
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »

i thought that was because of the tabs,hehe
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »

OK...

Art,  Laughing

And several pages back Tib wrote:
Nite NM - hee hee Bubble and squeak is just leftover mashed potatoes, with any other leftover vegetables and cooked cabbage all mixed together and fried. The cabbage makes it "squeak" as it is cooking. Tastes a lot better than it sounds

I bet there is a lot of things squeaking.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #973 on: May 22, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »

Hello, all....just about caught up.  Interesting to see those photos....I have annuals that I have to get planted....just trying to move the thread along...... Very Happy

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: May 22, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

OK, then I'll sing us out

LAAAAAAAAAAAAA la lalalalalalal LAlalalalala

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #975 on: May 22, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »

Where's San, anyway?

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: May 22, 2007, 11:40:47 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Where's San, anyway?

Out buying a new gun?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: May 22, 2007, 11:40:47 AM »

Must be inflation.

I grew up as an outcast in an affluent NJ suburb  Laughing  Laughing

I only know about the 'dime' from watching what the rich kids did  Cool

(NM -- I think I AM on the Geico commercial)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #978 on: May 22, 2007, 11:41:07 AM »

The classic Monty Python song:
Always look on the bright side of life (whistle)

I sing it.
Always cook on the hot side of the stove (whistle)

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #979 on: May 22, 2007, 11:41:46 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Where's San, anyway?

Out buying a new gun?  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing Sounds right.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.