May 21, 2024, 08:14:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #5  (Read 373513 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »

Hope so Rob..... and I hope it is enough for them to hit her with a murder charge....
In La. the lab was 6-9 months backlogged.... course the backlog of DNA from Katrina victims made a complete mess of that...

I would look at it like this -

the DA does not want to give Baez anything that will help the defense of his client. That's pretty simple - we all know that.

Baez wants his client out of jail. We all also know that. Jails have jail house informants.

Yesterday - Baez FORCED the DA to make a decision. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Baez wants to know what the lab found as soon as possible. The DA does not want to tell him. So the DA / Sheriff will continue to say the results ARE NOT IN.

I was talking with TJ last night and he said this bond is called an ASSURITY* BOND. Meaning they do not have the cash - so it's the whole amount, in credit right now, if she flees or misses a court hearing.

If Baez was one hundred percent convinced that the DNA was NOT going to reveal anything - they would have somehow found the cash ($50,020). Right now there is no real monetary loss or involvement for Padilla - all they said - was if she flees / misses a court date - we'll pay. They have not put any real money on the table.

They have said in a sense - if Casey splits / misses a court date - you have our word that we will pay 500,020 dollars as a penalty.

Also, I'm not so sure that the DA wants to challenge her mental capacity. That could come back to haunt them in any trial for any charges.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »

Hope so Rob..... and I hope it is enough for them to hit her with a murder charge....
In La. the lab was 6-9 months backlogged.... course the backlog of DNA from Katrina victims made a complete mess of that...

the DA does not want to give Baez anything that will help the defense of his client. That's pretty simple - we all know that.

Baez wants his client out of jail. We all also know that. Jails have jail house informants.

Baez wants to know what the lab found as soon as possible. The DA does not want to tell him. So the DA / Sheriff will continue to say the results ARE NOT IN.

I was talking with TJ last night and he said this bond is called an ASSURITY* BOND. Meaning they do not have the cash - so it's the whole amount, in credit right now, if she flees or misses a court hearing.

If Baez was one hundred percent convinced that the DNA was NOT going to reveal anything - they would have somehow found the cash ($50,020). Right now there is no real monetary loss or involvement for Padilla - all they said - was if she flees / misses a court date - we'll pay. They have not put any real money on the table.

They have said in a sense - if Casey splits / misses a court date - you have our word that we will pay 500,020 dollars as a penalty.

Also, I'm not so sure that the DA wants to challenge her mental capacity. That could come back to haunt them in any trial for any charges.

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Treehouse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »

This is pretty interesting:

1. Applicable Statutes:

* Florida Statutes (FS) Chapter 648, Chapter 903
    * Florida Administrative Code (AR), Chapter 4-221

10. Bounty Hunter Provisions.

Florida does not allow bounty hunters.

* Apprehension of bail fugitives is only allowed as set forth in FS 648.30(2)&(3):
    * (2) No person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida].
    * (3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written.
    * Violation of this is a 3rd class felony. [FS 648.30(4)].

http://www.americanbailcoalition.com/Bail%20Laws/Florida%20Bail%20Laws.htm

Padilla states to Greta that he is not a bail bondsman, "I am a bounty hunter."     
First thought, he just made it impossible to bail Casey out.
Second thought, above statute says Florida does not allow bounty hunters, but it goes on to say no one but a cert LE can...."unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written."

I need a legal eagle (or a nice logic monkey) to interpret.

LOL! I read it about 5 times and I'm still confused.

My interpretation, and it could be wrong, is that Florida does not allow bounty hunters, period. That's probably why the nephew is involved as the bondsman. If the bonded individual escapes, only LE or that bondsman can actually arrest her. So, in essence, the bounty hunter can't do anything legally except watch her. 

I know, I know...the law exists to be twisted. Game playing.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »

BTW -

This is a risky strategy - and could end up getting his client charged with Murder ONE.

very very risky.

I'm not sure I am that brave.

+++

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »

How the hell did I do that.....
I agree with you about Baez forcing the DA's hand.....
I also agree with you about them not wanting to challenge her mental capacity...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #405 on: August 16, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »

Padilla is not the person posting the bond.  It is his nephew....Dick.  He is the bondsman.  I would assume that he can legally make bond for Casey in Florida once he gets the paperwork done.  There was mention on one of the shows last night that he was flying to Texas...yes, I said Texas to make the arrangements for the bond.  I can't find it right now, but I know I heard it.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: August 16, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »

Padilla is not the person posting the bond.  It is his nephew....Dick.  He is the bondsman.  I would assume that he can legally make bond for Casey in Florida once he gets the paperwork done.  There was mention on one of the shows last night that he was flying to Texas...yes, I said Texas to make the arrangements for the bond.  I can't find it right now, but I know I heard it.

I heard it too Lala's

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Treehouse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #407 on: August 16, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »

Does anyone else think that her brother isn't behind her anymore like her parents are?   I think he was somewhat on the fence to begin with and was determined to prove to himself (and everyone else) that his sister couldn't possibly do anything to his niece, but the fact that she now refused to see him but saw her parents for 45 minutes makes me think that she knows he has her number.

Just like everyone else does.......

I don't know what to think about Lee. You may have it exactly right. Nice to have you here.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #408 on: August 16, 2008, 12:03:28 PM »

Thank you Klaasend for getting me added 

I have been reading here since this trainwreck began and it sickens me...I look at my 2 1/2 year old DD every day and I cannot fathom what is going on in the space between Casey's ears...or her parents for that matter...Do they really love CAYLEE??? Do they not understand she needs a proper burial and then they can deal with the sick remnants of the family unit that remains... I cannot imagine being a grandparent and letting all this transpire:
1. not knowing who was babysitting
2. not demanding to see her before 31 days had elapsed
3. not realizing when that car was found in the condition it was that something was horribly wrong and preserve the contents for authorities...if it indeed was a kidnapping they have destroyed vital information.
4. supporting Casey after she has blatantly refused to assist in locating her own flesh and blood..like many have said its all over the media..there is no reason to remain silent now except for her own selfishness.
5. allowing Casey to conduct herself in the manner she was both in life and online while raising an innocent 3 year old...its blasphemy!
What they should have done...3 words...SUED FOR CUSTODY....now its sadly too late and letting her have one more day, one more chance, and one more night of drugged out drunken recklessness has cost them a precious member of their family who will never know the joys of the first day of preschool, riding a bike, marrying or having a child of her own...

Now we have the leather clad intervention expert  ..I really hoped and prayed they would find this poor baby before this case got any more warped...its gone on way too long already.

Praying for peace for Caylee in the arms of the angels ...Please find this precious child and give her proper rest...

Time to catch up and then go and kiss and cuddle my 2 lil ones...because I can and because their is no greater gift...Thanks for all the good and informative posts, I have enjoyed reading along and it has felt good to have kindred spirits while we all wait to see what will happen next....

OT--If anyone can "glitterfy" my angel monkey I would really appreciate it..I tried and it just didn't look right..

I didn't see the request until I was catching up, but had noticed your avatar right away, and had already begun palying with it because I LOVE it! I wasn't concentrating on the glitter, but this is what I did. I'll pass this along and try to sparkle you more too, so you can choose, k? 

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/praying4angels.gif
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »

You all need to be nice to me today.  I woke up with chills, then when I looked at my coffee and poptart, someone in my stomach yelled "everybody out!!!!!!!! Ick.....I want my mommy!!!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #410 on: August 16, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »

Rob - do you think they have Caylee's DNA from the trunk?  I do know that DNA can be back in as little as a few days or even hours.  Why do think it has taken so long?  Is LE stalling because they don't have anything?  or is it because (as I hope) that they do have it and are carefully building their case since Casey is already behind bars?  Just curious about your opinion.

lucybelle yes I think they have it.

it's only taking this long because the DA does not want to give it to Baez - so they keep saying it's not back. It's just a game of words played by people with law degrees.

I'm not sure they know where Casey went with the body - so while they have enough to conclude that there is a death here, they're not sure whether it's an accident or intentional. So, they are checking that part out. There are some pieces on the table in front of them and they fit together, but some are missing or were not included in the box - so, it's taking some time to figure out what happened over a 31 day period. That's probably the hardest part.

+++

Treehouse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #411 on: August 16, 2008, 12:08:59 PM »

You all need to be nice to me today.  I woke up with chills, then when I looked at my coffee and poptart, someone in my stomach yelled "everybody out!!!!!!!! Ick.....I want my mommy!!!!!!

lean awaaaay from the keyboard.....

(sorry you feel icky)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:03 PM »

Rob - do you think they have Caylee's DNA from the trunk?  I do know that DNA can be back in as little as a few days or even hours.  Why do think it has taken so long?  Is LE stalling because they don't have anything?  or is it because (as I hope) that they do have it and are carefully building their case since Casey is already behind bars?  Just curious about your opinion.

lucybelle yes I think they have it.

it's only taking this long because the DA does not want to give it to Baez - so they keep saying it's not back. It's just a game of words played by people with law degrees.

I'm not sure they know where Casey went with the body - so while they have enough to conclude that there is a death here, they're not sure whether it's an accident or intentional. So, they are checking that part out. There are some pieces on the table in front of them and they fit together, but some are missing or were not included in the box - so, it's taking some time to figure out what happened over a 31 day period. That's probably the hardest part.

It sure is easier to fit the pieces together when you know much earlier in the game that some of them are missing...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »

Always 1 - darn hair balls 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »

Awww.......I'm sorry always1! Take some tylenol for the chills, immodium for the exit strategy, and SIP on ice chips and coke to keep from dehydrating. Take it EASY and get some rest!!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »

Always 1.... I hate it when that happens..... Hope ya feel better soon!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

crazybabyborg
« Reply #416 on: August 16, 2008, 12:11:53 PM »

Bounty Bob will be on FOX "straight ahead", whatever that means.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: August 16, 2008, 12:12:06 PM »

Always 1 - darn hair balls 
                I just love you Klaasend, you are so funny!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
watchinginMA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #418 on: August 16, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »

I have been reading these post since page 1 I just want to say it is unbelievable what you monkeys come up with on the internet, I know I would not want to be wanted.

Anyways I am not sure if anyone posted this thought yet and if they did sorry for not reading all the pages first.   but think about being a bounty hunter.... they are going to be with this sick chick 24/7 they are going to hound her day and night.   they post 500,000 or 50,000 not sure ( I am confused over that)  get her to fess up on what she did with Caylee get the bond money back plus the award money.    Who is dumb here except for the statment the bounty hunter made that she misplaced Caylee...
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »

Does anyone else think that her brother isn't behind her anymore like her parents are?   I think he was somewhat on the fence to begin with and was determined to prove to himself (and everyone else) that his sister couldn't possibly do anything to his niece, but the fact that she now refused to see him but saw her parents for 45 minutes makes me think that she knows he has her number.

Just like everyone else does.......

I don't know what to think about Lee. You may have it exactly right. Nice to have you here.

Thank you, Treehouse.  I've enjoyed reading here for a few days now and decided I'd take the plunge.   I agree with all of you about so many aspects of this case.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.