May 06, 2024, 08:54:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162252 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

Hubby just came home...catch you all later!  Laughing
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Yankee cooking:  

bagels
big hot soft pretzels
deep dish, Chicago style pizza
Philly cheesesteak
polenta
anything Italian
Maine Lobster
Yankee Pot Roast

I don't think there's anything that defines "Yankee cooking", but there are things that are "northern".

no offense LilPuma, but polenta is third world gruel.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »

Quote from: "NM"

you mean your cooker doesn't increment in regulos Laughing  Gotta run the hoover while wearing my braces and jumper. j/k I am not going to vaccum!

Yes, you're absolutely right. And what I'm going to cook with my cooker is gammon and aubergines and baps.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2007, 10:00:44 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

YEs, it does and everything tastes sooo good. Of course, now that the warm weather is coming, I'll be back to burning everything on the electric stove, lol! Laughing

Wood stoves remind me of the farm of my late aunt and uncle. I loved to visit there. Their water came from a well with a hand pump, they had a wood stove, their house was made of enormous logs, and my aunt had a quilting frame that would lower from the ceiling. Gosh, I loved that place!

And all the trendies are trying to go back to that lifestyle.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2007, 10:01:30 PM »

[quote="sb
Checked the standings lately?  Wink

10 games out and well on on the minus side of .500. The yankees who live in Boston are quite happy right now, though LOL.[/quote]

Again! I'm thinking why would a Yankee fan be happy 10 games out no matter where they lived!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Boston Baked Beans=>?Yankee? food

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:26 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
Anna, blah, BTgirl, casa, Dihannah1, IBE, IndyDan, klaasend, LilPuma, NM, sb, sharon, tcumom, Tibrogargan, Tiger, AZ Sunny and Art Colley and any others I missed.

It looks like from looking at the post below here I am a page behind already. Art I want to know more about your ESP type things.

SB I do not know if anyone answered you or not about fiddleheads.
Fiddlehead are like a fern. In Maine early spring time when they start coming thru the ground they are all curled up. That is when you want to pick them before they are opened into the fern. You cook them by steaming. So good. A little different in flavor than other things.
Does not taste like chicken.LOL

Just a swinging with the tribe
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:57 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "sb"
I know what chowdah is, but what is a "fiddlehead"?

Fiddleheads are the sprouts of ferns. People pick them in the Spring. Cooked they taste just like asparagus to me!
I don't pick them because I am not sure what I am picking, much like picking wild mushrooms! I don't DARE do that! I'd poison the whole family Laughing

I know that people used to cook poke salet, but it's poisonous if you do not cook it right, so I never tried that.  My housekeeper says she is going to cook me some day.  Do you think she has a death wish for me! Laughing

Tyler - once years ago I was visiting a friend and her mother fried up some with egg scrambled into it, and it was pretty darned good!  Shocked

I think you're only supposed to pick the young leaves at the top of the plant to avoid being poisoned.

I Stand With The Girl
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »

I think I'll pass on fiddleheads, thank you!

Sitting here eating on leftover steak, fried chicken and shrimp from a take-out buffet I got the other night. A little of everything there LOL.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: May 21, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »

no chicky,hmmmm.well i will try it someday.Rob,you have a valid point.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: May 21, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Hi Monkeys,
Anna, blah, BTgirl, casa, Dihannah1, IBE, IndyDan, klaasend, LilPuma, NM, sb, sharon, tcumom, Tibrogargan, Tiger, AZ Sunny and Art Colley and any others I missed.

It looks like from looking at the post below here I am a page behind already. Art I want to know more about your ESP type things.

SB I do not know if anyone answered you or not about fiddleheads.
Fiddlehead are like a fern. In Maine early spring time when they start coming thru the ground they are all curled up. That is when you want to pick them before they are opened into the fern. You cook them by steaming. So good. A little different in flavor than other things.
Does not taste like chicken.LOL

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: May 21, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »

you mean your cooker doesn't increment in regulos Laughing  Gotta run the hoover while wearing my braces and jumper. j/k I am not going to vaccum!

Yes, you're absolutely right. And what I'm going to cook with my cooker is gammon and aubergines and baps.  Laughing

Translates to ham steaks, eggplant and bread rolls ???  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

Translates to ham steaks, eggplant and bread rolls ???  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Well, it's late and my brain couldn't remember any other British food names.   Embarassed  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: May 21, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »

I'm not too thrilled about any food that is in the "it-has-to-be-cooked-a-certain-way-or-it's-poisonous" category.  Wink

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: May 21, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »

Hi Sam.
Think I will give the fiddleheads a miss also.
And the poke salat.
They say rhubarb leaves can be poisonous but we eat the stalks.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:09 PM »

Okra was so pretty in the soup....please...DO NOT steam it....real slime....my last adventure at southern cooking... Laughing
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #515 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:35 PM »

Anything that has 'possible poison" in it,  I'm not eating.  My DH has been hunting Morel mushrooms.  He's found over 100, which is a good find.  You have like 2 weeks in the year to get them.  He just fried some up for dinner tonight.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:46 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
I'm not too thrilled about any food that is in the "it-has-to-be-cooked-a-certain-way-or-it's-poisonous" category.  Wink

And that's why you've lived as long as you have.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: May 21, 2007, 10:12:18 PM »

i like fiddle heads... they are delicious like me  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: May 21, 2007, 10:12:46 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

Well, it's late and my brain couldn't remember any other British food names.   Embarassed  Laughing

haggis, neaps and taties?

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: May 21, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Okra was so pretty in the soup....please...DO NOT steam it....real slime....my last adventure at southern cooking... Laughing

My grandmother used to cook boiled okra. It looked like snot.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.