May 22, 2024, 06:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 176436 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2009, 08:04:25 PM »

Mag, you are a wise woman.  My feelings exactly.  I put two and two together a few weeks ago in the Caylee thread when me, KTF and Janet were "trying" to post there and we were met with some snide, off the cuff comments that were uncalled for.  I knew immediately who were the ones who were on CnG.  It's one thing to have it happen ALL the time in Natalee's thread but to go to Caylee's thread and be treated like we were trouble makers told me immediately who belonged.  I did not know until then what was happening here at SM.  Now I am mad as hell at what I am witnessing. By the way, did I tell you I am mad? 
When were you, KTF, and Janet attacked in the Caylee thread?  Was it during the whole George suicide fiasco?  I have never seen Janet attacked in the Caylee thread, and KTF and I disagreed on George's suicide, but in the end we agreed to disagree...Please explain what you mean.  From me, I did not know enough of what was going on at CnG to let it effect what my posts are on SM.  Like I stated before most of my dealings there was in a chat room at night, where I spoke mostly with MyTime, KC Jackie, Budsgirl, Mammy, MaryMary, and one night Destiny was in and out of the room, but not posting much and when she did it was in regards to mixed drinks.
I know that we will all be prosecuted due to "guilty by association", but you have to realize that we were just as much "outsiders" within that site as you all are....from what I was told last night, there was a completely separate section of secrecy that many of us were not privvy to nor did we know about.  Had I known of it, you better believe Klaas would have found out within seconds.

I will honestly say that Dolce never really went there!!  I doubt she had any idea of what was going on!!  I think many of us can say this honestly, if we had seen that "slide show" before hand -we would never have joined!!  We went privy to much of this!!  Many were lured under false pretenses, lied too and even manipulated!!  I am not excusing myself - but I will defend some of the others!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »

I have a question for casa.

You wrote:
 If everything you have said does prove to be true, I promise you I will be the first in line to eat crow and apologize for not believing everything.
----------

Does that mean you doubt the veracity of the information shared here at SM?

Jen, I think it is more with me a difference in beliefs. I never believed Natalee was in the trap.  As much as I looked and tried to see what others saw I could not see it.  Also, I always wondered how Kyle had so much time to blog, email, post on forums while he was on this expedition.  I always wondered if he was enjoying the attention he was getting from the several places he posted and embellished his postings.  I have not doubted the quotes that are attributed to Kyle and I remember reading much of that when he orginally posted some here.  I was also told by my daughter's boyfriend who lives near the town that Silvetti is from and he assured me that he was a good guy.  As you can see I don't have proof.  This is what I was told and in the case of the cage what I did not see.  Therefore, after all is said and done and it is all true I will aplogize for having misgivings about it. 

Thank you for your response, casa.

From my personal perspective, there was no need for embellishment or enjoying attention at Freebirds for Kyle.  The first place the information was supposed to go, was to Beth.

It's not as if "Kyle" were some anonymous blogger as most are, so his embellishments (if they were such) could have been easily proved or disproven.

You are right, Jen, everyone knew who Kyle was and where he was.  As I have never been to Freebirds I did not see what he posted there.  I agree that the information should have gone straight to Beth.  No disagreement there!

But now, thanks to Kermit - you have seen what Kyle posted.  Kermit did not distort.  They are the words of Kyle.  Kyle believed/stated that there were human remains in the trap.  And as a poster above stated, NOW WE WILL NEVER KNOW.  Doesn't that piss you off?????

How can that not PISS you OFF!!!!!

Casa ... justice for an 18 year old American citizen and ... closure for her family dictates that you should be "pissed off"

Janet

You cussed?  Next thing you know, you'll be sitting at your computer with a beer in one hand and a cigarette dangling from your lips.

The imaginary scenario was presented to eldest son when he was about nineteen.  He grew up in a home where there was no alcohol or smoking.  Well ... one day he informed his father and I that he did not see anything wrong with drinking and smoking.  I told him it was his choice to live the livestyle of his chosing when he no longer reside at home.  His father then challenged this young man.  He was asked very calmly what his thought would be if he entered the living room and saw his parents with a can of beer in one hand and a ... cigarette in the other.  Eldest son looked stunned for a few seconds and ... then burst out laughing.  What a double standard!

Janet

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »

I will honestly say that Dolce never really went there!!  I doubt she had any idea of what was going on!!  I think many of us can say this honestly, if we had seen that "slide show" before hand -we would never have joined!!  We went privy to much of this!!  Many were lured under false pretenses, lied too and even manipulated!!  I am not excusing myself - but I will defend some of the others!!

Thank you MyTime, but I too think that you are selling yourself a bit short here.  I did not witness any real mallace from you in regards to SM or SM posters over within the chat and chat threads that I went to.  From what I saw you and others just were laughing and having a good old time.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »

oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyyyy!!
I was not really sure how to "post" that Sunny.   

you did GOOD!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »

OK...I am so EXCITED!  My DH just surprised me with Orchestra seating for Il Divo concert in July!  OHMYGAWD! ORCHESTRA SEATING OHMYGAWD!!!   I am thrilled!  OK...just wanted to get that outta my system!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #505 on: February 03, 2009, 08:20:54 PM »

Congrats Sunny! I love Il Divo.

Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: February 03, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »

Mag, you are a wise woman.  My feelings exactly.  I put two and two together a few weeks ago in the Caylee thread when me, KTF and Janet were "trying" to post there and we were met with some snide, off the cuff comments that were uncalled for.  I knew immediately who were the ones who were on CnG.  It's one thing to have it happen ALL the time in Natalee's thread but to go to Caylee's thread and be treated like we were trouble makers told me immediately who belonged.  I did not know until then what was happening here at SM.  Now I am mad as hell at what I am witnessing. By the way, did I tell you I am mad? 
When were you, KTF, and Janet attacked in the Caylee thread?  Was it during the whole George suicide fiasco?  I have never seen Janet attacked in the Caylee thread, and KTF and I disagreed on George's suicide, but in the end we agreed to disagree...Please explain what you mean.  From me, I did not know enough of what was going on at CnG to let it effect what my posts are on SM.  Like I stated before most of my dealings there was in a chat room at night, where I spoke mostly with MyTime, KC Jackie, Budsgirl, Mammy, MaryMary, and one night Destiny was in and out of the room, but not posting much and when she did it was in regards to mixed drinks.
I know that we will all be prosecuted due to "guilty by association", but you have to realize that we were just as much "outsiders" within that site as you all are....from what I was told last night, there was a completely separate section of secrecy that many of us were not privvy to nor did we know about.  Had I known of it, you better believe Klaas would have found out within seconds.

There were three specified groups of members there...

1-Member (run of the mill, every dasy forum user, there to read mainly caylee or nah thread and maybe add a comment or two in those said threads or joined in the chat) Many not going any other places in that forum that did not interest them.

2-member- i found these mainly to be caylee thread readers, smoking thread, ladies only thread readers and chat users...but mainly seemed they were disposable as they were the first to go without much of a reason given.

3-MemberS- these had access to the sshh, super secret hidey hole. These were the ONLY ones VERY aware of all that went on in all places, cause most of them WATCHED everywhere the other members went.

Like i said I wasnt even curious about stuff til Obs posted me i was being noticed in the sm thread there and when i looked at the memberlist. I posted the pms he sent me on the previous thread. I woulda quit right there, i found it creepy and insulting. But after he made me curious I had other reasons for staying that only a few know my reasons why.

as far as some here saying they didnt have a clue as to what was going on, I honestly believe that. I do NOT think all knew exactly what was going on, they were given no reason to become curious or accused of stuff to make them wonder why would someone be so paranoid like i was.

However, if any of those groups of members did partake in any of the slammin in the "look at whats posted in sm" thread..I say shame on you.

I posted there ONCE and most of that post klaas has i think on her video i was told, unless i misunderstood that, but to remind anyone..the ONLY posts i made in thier "lets slam sm" thread was to tell Obs I will NOT spread stuff against people I see no rotten in. Which he informed me was "expected " as a member there to do.

So, for what its worth....yep i do believe some here had no idea what was going on...
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: February 03, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »

Me too!  Tickets went on sale yesterday......he just brought them in and put them on my desk!  I nearly went though the ceiling!!  He detests crowds....he went to see Garth Brooks with me in Kansas City and spent most of the time in the lobby...although I must admit we were a rather rowdy crowd!    Bless his heart he went yesterday and got them,...and got tickets for my cousin and her husband as well.  He is a keeper!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #508 on: February 03, 2009, 08:28:28 PM »

Me too!  Tickets went on sale yesterday......he just brought them in and put them on my desk!  I nearly went though the ceiling!!  He detests crowds....he went to see Garth Brooks with me in Kansas City and spent most of the time in the lobby...although I must admit we were a rather rowdy crowd!    Bless his heart he went yesterday and got them,...and got tickets for my cousin and her husband as well.  He is a keeper!!
How very special indeed!!  I listen to their music while reading at night.  It helps to calm the little ones down.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: February 03, 2009, 08:31:05 PM »

There were three specified groups of members there...

1-Member (run of the mill, every dasy forum user, there to read mainly caylee or nah thread and maybe add a comment or two in those said threads or joined in the chat) Many not going any other places in that forum that did not interest them.

2-member- i found these mainly to be caylee thread readers, smoking thread, ladies only thread readers and chat users...but mainly seemed they were disposable as they were the first to go without much of a reason given.

3-MemberS- these had access to the sshh, super secret hidey hole. These were the ONLY ones VERY aware of all that went on in all places, cause most of them WATCHED everywhere the other members went.

Like i said I wasnt even curious about stuff til Obs posted me i was being noticed in the sm thread there and when i looked at the memberlist. I posted the pms he sent me on the previous thread. I woulda quit right there, i found it creepy and insulting. But after he made me curious I had other reasons for staying that only a few know my reasons why.

as far as some here saying they didnt have a clue as to what was going on, I honestly believe that. I do NOT think all knew exactly what was going on, they were given no reason to become curious or accused of stuff to make them wonder why would someone be so paranoid like i was.

However, if any of those groups of members did partake in any of the slammin in the "look at whats posted in sm" thread..I say shame on you.

I posted there ONCE and most of that post klaas has i think on her video i was told, unless i misunderstood that, but to remind anyone..the ONLY posts i made in thier "lets slam sm" thread was to tell Obs I will NOT spread stuff against people I see no rotten in. Which he informed me was "expected " as a member there to do.

So, for what its worth....yep i do believe some here had no idea what was going on...

thanks for that explanation.....what a mess......just reaffirms that I don't need any other forum besides SM

at this point it's probably best IMO to let it go......they are what they are.....and if anyone wants to be a part of that type of thing, let them...that crap will not be tolerated here....don't need it, don't want it.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: February 03, 2009, 08:31:55 PM »

How very special indeed!!  I listen to their music while reading at night.  It helps to calm the little ones down.

I have the opposite reaction

Rest in Peace Caylee

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: February 03, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »

Dolce.Did you have a conversation with Lala's about my friend CapsLockWizard?In the slideshow your post #74 coincided with LaLas # 73 about CapsLockWizards treatment at SM!TIA

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: February 03, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »

Is GM the Gold Monkeys site?  And is that site also full of back-stabbers or am I reading things wrong???

Leroy, I don't feel like I'm a back stabber, but I guess it all depends on your point of view.

let me step up to state that having been to that chat, that it isn't all about puppies, rainbows, or polishing your halo BT.

I just cannot understand why you feel compelled to tell everyone over and over you don't choose sides. To a degree that is determined by the company you keep. Exactly why I have made some of the decisions that I have.

Let's at least be mature and reasonable for a change, I think there's been more than enough stress from people having to read that slideshow - I just keep asking you again and again to please not make it worse.

But you  will not stop.

None, when GM was first started, there were disgruntled people in chat who vented some. If I recall correctly, you weren't really there at the beginning, though. It was a bit surprising that you even joined, since you had previously stated your less than flattering opinion of Carnut. Once you did join, you were probably only there two or three times, and you haven't been there at all in a long time.

I don't deny that there was grumbling at first, but that died out a long time ago. If anyone is telling you differently, they're telling you the wrong thing.

If telling the truth about GM is making it worse, then I'm sorry, but I see no reason to lie about the facts.

no BT it's a matter of timing plus the fact that some of the posters inclusive with insults in that slideshow you do spend time in chat with, as recently as last night. When so many here have been hurt, maligned, and upset by CnG, which was formed as I understand it as an off-shoot from GM - beating your chest about GM is only adding fuel to the fire. Is this a cry for attention? or absolution? which?

As for carnut, I don't see fit to send endless emails bashing him or robo posting about your gold forum on other forums. I resigned, made one post why I did at a private daisy forum site, then that was that. I'm not going to bash carnut now either, regardless of how you try to goad me into it.

This needs to STOP.

I have tried to sit on my hands for the last week so but having posted in the lounge and then reading here.......

I have been in chat many nights at GM and have to agree with BT the chats are benign. Major topics there hobbies, work, ills.......

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #513 on: February 03, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »

Serious question..and im seriously wondering.....if some of you were aware of it there and love it here and the people here..why was I the ONLY ONE that when I DID finally post in the SM thread in CNG i was defending SM?? Some of you had to see where it was stated by OBS he expects members to spread the lies of Klaas and sm? Why was I the ONLY one that actually said I would NOT do it and didnt think that was part of being a member? aND  would have no part of it??  There were many people signed in that night, why is most sat on thier hands and didnt defend the people and place they now say they love?

No wonder i felt i was alone there..........
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: February 03, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »

After reading here for a couple of days and watching the slide show,
it appears to me that the former members of CnG are just bitter
because they got banned, not about any of the malicious posts
or personal information that was posted.
You don't have to go to the CnG site to see what they are doing.
Just read the Natalee Holloway thread here and you will see it posted
everyday.
Mum in Ohio has said terrible things about San and Texasmom and
others on the GM forum.
I am as dumb as they come and I know what is going on there.
SS came in and posted personal information about Kermit.
It wasn't true at all, but that did not matter.....she thought it was.
So, in my opinion, nobody can say they didn't know what was happening
there.
Casa was caught red handed in the slide show and tried to explain
herself out of it.  By the way....she was banned too.
Magnolia, while I respect your views I must disagree a bit. I just found out about 2 hours ago I was banned from CnG, but it was from not attending it often and they obviously thought I was a mole. I am not bitter, I could care less about that place.

What I do care about is the information that was going on under the surface in secret, which I am reading about last night in an email and then today here in this thread.  I am speaking out to say that yes some of us were there, in the chat, not in the "secret" places, and we were not the malicious ones.  Caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I am sorry to Anna and Janet, who have had their feelings hurt and been stalked, that is outrageous, immature, and illegal!  I for one am glad to not be associated.  I have over 6000 posts at SM, and all of like 9 at CnG (not including the chat room sessions)....tell me where my loyalty is? 
Again, not bitter, more like outraged that something went on under my nose.

Dolce

I don't think I am being stalked.  If I am ... I did not have a clue.

Dolce ... according to Klaas ... the CnG site was originally created to accommodate disgruntled SM Caylee Marie posters.  I did note that suddenly many of the posters on that thread ... that thread which I had felt I had established meaningful connections ... disappeared or ... only posted periodically.  I wondered  but ... it still did not dawn on me that those posters had gone to another site.

Around that time ... I returned to the thread of my heart ... the Natalee Holloway thread ... which I had taken a sabatical from for a few months.  There had been an revelation that implied that a further coverup in the case had occurred.

Lo and behold ... I arrived and ... before long ... many of the long time Natalee Holloway posters disappeared.  I began to assume that it was all about me.  First the Caylee Marie posters and ... now the Natalee Holloway posters.  Honestly ... I do apply deoderant each day.

Granted ... the new topic on the Natalee Holloway thread divided the posters into two thought processes but ... in the past when such a division occured ... another thread would be created so ... both viewpoint could be discussed without distraction.

Over the past two months ... it has been revealed that the CnG site was not just about discussing a certain post of view ... it went further.  It was about despicable bashing of the SM site, Red and Klaas as well as other Monkeys.

I can comprehend why posters may want to try out another site if one is not working for them but ... I cannot comprehend why posters would stick around the CnG site for any length of time unless they did adhered to all the bashing encompassing the SM site.  Also ... I cannot comprehend why posters would not come the defence of the SM site if they did not adhere to all the bashing.

Sincerely, Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: February 03, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »

OK...I am so EXCITED!  My DH just surprised me with Orchestra seating for Il Divo concert in July!  OHMYGAWD! ORCHESTRA SEATING OHMYGAWD!!!   I am thrilled!  OK...just wanted to get that outta my system!

_____

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: February 03, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »

Serious question..and im seriously wondering.....if some of you were aware of it there and love it here and the people here..why was I the ONLY ONE that when I DID finally post in the SM thread in CNG i was defending SM?? Some of you had to see where it was stated by OBS he expects members to spread the lies of Klaas and sm? Why was I the ONLY one that actually said I would NOT do it and didnt think that was part of being a member? aND  would have no part of it??  There were many people signed in that night, why is most sat on thier hands and didnt defend the people and place they now say they love?

No Sea Monkey, I would leave you to hang alone, I was never approached by anyone there to do anything.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #517 on: February 03, 2009, 08:56:14 PM »

No Sea Monkey, I would leave you to hang alone, I was never approached by anyone there to do anything.
always1- it was POSTED out in the OPEN on the sm thread in cng to ME what he expected from his members...he said Members of there...meaning adressing ALL members.....for all to see...no one found it appalling enough to even say anything about it BUT ME.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: February 03, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »

always1- it was POSTED out in the OPEN on the sm thread in cng to ME what he expected from his members...he said Members of there...meaning adressing ALL members.....for all to see...no one found it appalling enough to even say anything about it BUT ME.
Really, cause I promise I never saw it.  But I never stayed in there like I do here.  I am on dial up so couldnt go to chat......

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #519 on: February 03, 2009, 09:01:45 PM »

Really, cause I promise I never saw it.  But I never stayed in there like I do here.  I am on dial up so couldnt go to chat......

Ummm wasnt in chat..in fact i only went to chat once,.,,,they had a thread there..called "look at whats posted in sm" that is where he posted it. NOT in chat. I know ya knew there was that thread. Im just sayin lots were signed int hat night and at least half viewing that thread..i found it odd none said anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.