May 13, 2024, 02:09:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #31 9/27/10 - 10/02/2010  (Read 175760 times)
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »

Sorry hit enter too soon. Wondered if before 9 a.m. on that day was considered an unsupervised time.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »

Kokos Cat,

I should have specified witness reports from LE for Kyron's disappearance case.

We aren't going to see them until trial (if there is one) or when the investigation is completed......could be a long time from now.

I don't know a thing about HO, except he's hell bent on doing searches for Kyron, and LE clearly isn't interested in allowing him to do them. I'm sure they have their reasons.....which they are not obligated to tell me, or HO, I would guess.

Kaine and Desiree are doing what LE is telling them is my understanding.
I suspect they may hire independent investigators and or searches in the future if Kyron isn't found. But that's just my opinion.
I can not and will not criticize Kaine or Desiree for their decisions regarding the investigation. I can't imagine having a child who has disappeared, without a trace.
I'm sure they both do a lot of second guessing every single day, about what they might have done, should have done, what if..........
They trust LE, and I accept that. Kaine and Desiree are doing what they believe is in the best interest of Kyron. Who am I to judge them.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »

All of this conversation about smoking and schools reminds me of the time in high school when my principal called me aside and asked me if I had any cigarettes with me. Scared me to death since there was a pack in my purse. He told me to relax. He had run out of cigarettes and wanted some. He got them, and I never told.

Doesn't shock me in the least Gray .. we had a " smoking area" at our high school and it was outdoors - and our Principle would stand with the smokers..Same principle that roughed up my Brother and didn't recognize him.. he was very liberal for a Principle..which is why it became such a " issue" with my parents that my brother was accosted for going to class
 " because was wearing adult clothing" basically ..
 ( I went to 2 high schools/boundaries changed and so did the rules) ..
That is why it is " based upon" I believe each and every school " Has Rules /Codes of Conduct " ..and Lenie just copied and pasted the " Guide line for Sky Line Parents" .. I bet if we found the the Student hand book for a Elementary miles from Kyron's it would offer up an entire " different set" of parental knowledge and rules " codes of conduct" and disclaimers as well..
I wish they " the powers that be" paid as much attention to Education as they do writing these " Rules/Regulations" ..  alas for another topic of Discussion. The fact though that Kyron's school was open to all and anyone on the day of  " June 4th " and it was shown/Promoted outside on the " School Marquee" Board for days .. All are Welcome ..is disturbing to me. Nothing ever been said that those who attended had to sign in or be accounted for.

We have to know by now that even in Mayberry bad things can happen to children - that They/kids deserve the right of being protected ..and that some things need to remain known within " for reasons of reason" and not open as a free for all.
 It's sorta a oxymoron in thought .. " You Can't or have to do this as Students/Parents" and yet We open our Doors to Everyone  ..without being monitored .. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »

Sorry hit enter too soon. Wondered if before 9 a.m. on that day was considered an unsupervised time.

Good question.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »

If I had a missing child and I had a choice of possibly getting on the bad side of LE (if they are at worst case scenario, vengeful and petty) who is in charge of the investigation, or getting on the bad side of Harry Oakes, I guess I'd have to risk doing without HO's help, even if I thought the additional assistance would be good.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »

Hi Lenie, I thought alot about your question. If Kyrons Class did role call at 10:00 that would say to me that they were not supervising the children because they had not accounted for them yet.

here is an artical re the timeline (they actually update the timeline and keep it current to date)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

Friday, June 4

8 a.m. Skyline Elementary, 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd., opens early so students and parents can tour the science fair. A billboard outside reads: "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show.

Terri Moulton Horman arrives shortly afterward with her stepson, Kyron.

8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

8:45 a.m. Terri Horman leaves after watching Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.

9 a.m. Kyron is reportedly seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

10 a.m. Classes begin.

At some point, Kyron's homeroom teacher, Kristina Porter, reports him absent.

PS: Thank you Klaas for approving me and allowing me to join!
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »

That is what I would say also StarMonkey. No supervision, no liability.

A very warm welcome to you!

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »

Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys, StarMonkey 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »

That is what I would say also StarMonkey. No supervision, no liability.

A very warm welcome to you!

Thanks Lenie! I have a lot of Theories going on but I think that if class didn't start yet, you would look and see if anyone was in the classroom first before sending your child there? and I hear Kyron had seizures so why leave him in the hall. I dont know if Terri saw some other kids go in the class so she thought it was ok and waved bye? BUT on the other hand 8:45 far from 10:00! was the teacher in the room? prob not? did they just let the kids come and go until 10 without a parent?
was all the kids walking around without a parent? if they were in a group why did she take him partially to class at 8:45?

One thing I want to know is legally what is the law for the schools responsibilty? If you send your child to class way before attendence whos responsibilty is it? Did they tell the parents to stay with the kids until 10?

Terri was a teacher so Im sure she probably knows?
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »

Thanks Muffybee! Glad to be here! Smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »

Hi Lenie, I thought alot about your question. If Kyrons Class did role call at 10:00 that would say to me that they were not supervising the children because they had not accounted for them yet.

here is an artical re the timeline (they actually update the timeline and keep it current to date)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

Friday, June 4

8 a.m. Skyline Elementary, 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd., opens early so students and parents can tour the science fair. A billboard outside reads: "June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45." Kyron was to take part in both the expo/science fair and the talent show.

8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

8:45 a.m. Terri Horman leaves after watching Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.

9 a.m. Kyron is reportedly seen by a student near the south entrance of the school, according to Sheriff Dan Staton, who says that was the last time the boy was seen. Multnomah County authorities later backtrack on that statement.

10 a.m. Classes begin.

Hi StarMonkey and welcome to the cage!

Thanks for the time line.

I wonder what time the buses arrived with the children that morning. (Did they arrive at a different time than normal?)

I'd think that would be a time where the school would be responsible for the children.

Just thinking.

Glad to have you posting with us.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »

I'm not arguing or anything, but when my two girls were little and the bus dropped them off at school, they would get there early and school hadn't started yet, so while they were at their lockers and stuff the school wasn't responsible for them? Also I wouldn't have thought anything of leaving my child at the school after looking at the science projects, I would have done what Terri did, said goodbye and went about my day. Never would the thought that someone would take my kid once they were in the school like that.
I'd think any school would be responsible for the safety of students when they are on school property when the school is open and they had business there.

JMO though.

Brandi, I agree with you on this.  On school property: that would cover outside on the school grounds.  It's always bothered me that the groundskeeper let us know that there were children outside the school with no adult in attendance.  It might not have anything to do with Kyron; however, that a child(ren) were outside the school with no adult.  That's bothersome and irresponsible by those in authority.  Everything about that morning seems way too relaxed and school personnel not acting responsibly IMO.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

* subtracting speculations of TH's dealings or non dealings -
*If your child was reported missing as Kyron is/was " June 4th" approx bet 4pm-5pm that you would be able to declare " Yes, he is not lost as in " got on the wrong bus" or went home with another student .. (but he is def MISSING as in possibly kidnapped etc) .. All LE is notified within your local area.

What would be your priorities? " #1 Finding Your Child ", and Calling upon those that you know to help Find him, and support you and your family" ... I would think.. If I were able to rip myself out of Shock ..  but then when crisis hits " adrenaline kicks in" for most people ... and they find " focus and energy" .. some not all.

My thoughts on TH writing emails on June 5th ..is complex in many ways... The only thing I can think of it was the " evening of June 5th" and Terri was reading on her local news sites and felt compelled to defend herself.. so she wrote to  " Katu/source" ..

What is so **disturbing to me is within her " written words" ... ( understanding that these are snips taken from her email/emails, not her full email) - shame on the media if they cherry picked her words for sensationalism- and left out " if she wrote them" her words of I want my Kyron home, I miss him, Love Him)

**Disturbing IF She felt so compelled to Write to a Katu source " IF" her only reason was to write to a source - was to Defend herself. Her person on June 5th, her character should be the last thing of her concerns.. I would think. She was obviously posting on her facebook and was receiving support from many people.

If her reason to write to Katu/Source was to Ask them for Help, Or ask them " Do You know Anything that WE the Horman Family have not been Told by LE? " or have you heard anything or I want you to know "WE" have set this up for Kyron ..a search yadda thing..that would be entirely different.

But the way this " Email" sent on June 5th is portrayed on the Katu site, it is far from TH asking for assistance, finding Kyron or news updates ..

It is for Terri to redeem herself and create or substantiate what happened on June 4th within her words..Which again would be fine if " Kyron " was the focus. Her focus seems to be " I have to Defend Myself " ..again at this time " June 5th" who was pointing fingers at her that she Felt so strongly she needed to go there. That she felt so crucified ? Was it the Locals in her area? Who? strange. Why would she care? honestly. Nothing was known by the public or anyone truly within the media.. on June 5th.
  throwing outs thoughts .. idk what to think any more.
Not so sure about the old adage " No news is good news, when it comes to Kyron".

I would think that because Terri took Kryon to school, LE would ask her many questions over and over those first hours (probably FBI, too).  And, who knows if Desiree may have even had some pointed questions, too. 

I'm sure it was only a short time before Terri began to feel like she had to defend herself. She probably felt that way long before the next night. 

It only takes one question to make a person defend themselves; i.e., "Where is Kyron?" or "What did you do with Kyron?"  Instantly, a person would be on the defense IMO.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »

Wasn't the normal school bell at 8:45?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »

Friday, June 4

10 a.m. Classes begin.

Guys, I really think the school bell was at 8:35 and the final bell to be in the classroom was 8:45.  That's when the kids were to be divided into groups of 4-6 kids.  I really think 8:45 was the regular school time and 10:00 that "one" morning was a time when the science fair was over.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »

Welcome, StarMonkey!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »

Hello All,   Does anyone know when exactly Skyline Elem put up the announcement of the Science Fair?  Just wondering how long that invitation was was up for the general public.  Also, in the begining of this case, it was reported there was a Carnival in town the week Kyron disappeared.  I am on my cell at the moment, can someone pick this up and see what you can find out.  TIA, MK

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Joni97103
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »

Hello Monkeys...long time lurker, first time poster since it took awhile to get approved. (A special TY to MK for help) 

I wanted to say hello and commend you all on your diligence on this case, throwing out ideas and working together, with very little known evidence, to try and help find Ky.

I don't know the family, but have been following closely since that fateful day, from about 100 miles away.

There is just SO much that does not ring true in this whole melodrama, and I hope that with sleuths like all of you, we will have answers soon!   
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:45 PM »

Hello Monkeys...long time lurker, first time poster since it took awhile to get approved. (A special TY to MK for help) 

I wanted to say hello and commend you all on your diligence on this case, throwing out ideas and working together, with very little known evidence, to try and help find Ky.

I don't know the family, but have been following closely since that fateful day, from about 100 miles away.

There is just SO much that does not ring true in this whole melodrama, and I hope that with sleuths like all of you, we will have answers soon!   

Welcome, Joni

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »

Welcome Joni and StarMonkey.  I've been gone a few days and just catching up.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.