May 02, 2024, 08:37:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sierra Lamar #2 4/21/12 -  (Read 395278 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »

Thank you so much MuffyBee!  Mods to my rescue always!!!!

That's okay Janet, I think we all were a little off in thinking about Mom's BF.  If not a stranger then he would be the next logical person with a motive!  Whoda thunk a complete stranger in such a small cul-de-sac?  Threw me off too but you and I both know more often than not the person committing these types of crimes are someone close from home! 

Plus, we were under the impression that she was taken right at her driveway...all we heard was that the scent did not leave her driveway...it was released that she did get further than that...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

Thank you so much MuffyBee!  Mods to my rescue always!!!!

That's okay Janet, I think we all were a little off in thinking about Mom's BF.  If not a stranger then he would be the next logical person with a motive!  Whoda thunk a complete stranger in such a small cul-de-sac?  Threw me off too but you and I both know more often than not the person committing these types of crimes are someone close from home! 

Plus, we were under the impression that she was taken right at her driveway...all we heard was that the scent did not leave her driveway...it was released that she did get further than that...

Thanks labubske and melisb.  I am still humbled.  I was so sure that those closest to Sierra knew the answers in regards to her demise ... her disappearance.  I believed with all my heart that all the red flags were there.

According to Sheriff Laurie Smith's own words on NG ... Serria's scent did not go beyond the door of the home.

Anyways ... the arrest of Garcia implies I was sooo wrong.  My heart does break for Sierra's mother and sister but I concede that am struggling in regards to affording any compassion to her father.  I am sincerely attempting to work through my negative feelings regarding this guy's past.

Janet

++++

NANCY GRACE
Cadaver Dogs Brought to Search for Teen Cheerleader
Aired April 6, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: It`s my understanding that dogs picked up her scent to the bottom of the driveway, is that correct, Sheriff Smith?

SMITH: They did pick up her scent going out of her house. I`m not sure how far the scent had gone. And there`d been a lot of rain and wind that day.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »

Why are we posting about Sierra's case in Mickey's thread?

It is upsetting for those who are following Mickey's case to come in here and read words such as "picked up at her gate", which causes anyone to get the impression Mickey has been found and possibly harmed.

I apologize.

Maybe Klaas/Mod could move the posts to the Sierra Lamar thread.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:16 PM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Suspect-Charged-with-Murder-153760455.html

Sierra LaMar Suspect Charged With Murder
Antolin Garcia-Torres is charged with murder and kidnap of Sierra LaMar.
By Lisa Fernandez and Damian Trujillo
Thursday, May 24, 2012  |  Updated 2:55 PM PDT

A 21-year-old Morgan Hill man was charged (PDF) Thursday with the murder and kidnap of Sierra LaMar Thursday afternoon in Santa Clara County Superior Court.

District Attorney Jeff Rosen said Antolin Garcia-Torres is now eligible for the death penalty, because the kidnap charge makes it a "special circumstance." If prosecutors decide not to seek death, the maximum Garcia-Torres could spend in prison is life without parole.

Garcia-Torres, who is being held without bail, said nothing at the brief court hearing. He was ordered back on May 31, and was referred to the public defender's office. His family, including his mother and sister, attended.

Neither of the LaMar parents were present.
 ::snipping2::
-----------------------

PDF:  Court Documents
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/documents/ANTOLIN+GARCIA+TORRES+STATEMENT+OF+FACTS.pdf
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/18619792/body-found-in-pleasonton-detective-investigating-if-it-is-related-to-sierra-lamar-case

Might not be her.  But might be and still interesting if they found this body while looking for Sierra.

What a mess.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/24/BA281ON11J.DTL

Sierra LaMar slaying defendant could face death
Thursday, May 24, 2012

(05-24) 14:48 PDT SAN JOSE -- The former supermarket worker charged with kidnapping and murdering a South Bay girl made his first court appearance Thursday on charges that could bring him the death penalty, but did not enter a plea.

His hands shackled, Antolin Garcia-Torres, 21, of Morgan Hill said nothing and kept his head bowed as he appeared briefly before Judge Jerome Nadler in Santa Clara County Superior Court. Nadler ordered him held without bail and told him to return to the San Jose courtroom next Thursday.

Prosecutors charged Garcia-Torres with murder with the special circumstance of murder in the course of a kidnapping in connection with the presumed slaying of Sierra LaMar, 15, who lived just outside Morgan Hill. Sierra was last seen March 16, and her body has not been found.

The special circumstance allegation means Garcia-Torres could face life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty if he is convicted. District Attorney Jeff Rosen said his office would decide later whether to seek lethal injection.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/24/BA281ON11J.DTL#ixzz1vppuMz7y
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »

Court Paperwork Details Sierra's Life The Day She Was Kidnapped

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/18618965/courts-paperwork-details-sierras-last-day-before-she-was
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »

Woman's body found in Pleasanton

PLEASANTON, Calif. -
A body was found in a trash can on Dublin Canyon Road in Pleasanton on Thursday. There was no immediate indication that the dead female is the missing Morgan Hill girl, Sierra Lamar.

Investigators blocked off Dublin Canyon Road for two miles, from Laurel Creek Drive to Foothill Road. The Alameda County Coroner's Office took the body and drove away in a van at 3 p.m.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Woman-s-body-found-in-Pleasanton/-/5738758/14157140/-/y50ece/-/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:24 PM »

Sierra Lamar kidnapping suspect: I was fishing

But Garcia-Torres told his mother that he could not be Sierra's kidnapper because he was busy fishing at the Uvas Creek in Morgan Hill on March 16.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Sierra-Lamar-kidnapping-suspect-I-was-fishing/-/5738758/14154804/-/3v7isn/-/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2012, 08:29:05 PM »

Sheriff's Deputies Define Areas to Search for Sierra Lamar's Body

MORGAN HILL, Calif - Santa Clara County Sheriff's Deputies are asking for property owners help in finding Sierra Lamar's body.

In an effort to maximize the resources to locate Sierra, the Sheriff's Office is encouraging the community and rural property owners to continue searches of land, water shorelines, creeks, streams, private property wells, large containers and abandoned sheds or outhouse structures.

The areas of focus should be south Santa Clara County and the land bordering our county such as north San Benito County, north Monterey County and east Santa Cruz County.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/18620292/sheriffs-deputies-define-areas-to-search-for-sierra-lamars-body
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »

Body found stuffed into trash can, left along Dublin Canyon Road
Police: 'Nothing like this has every happened here before'

A body was found stuffed into trash can this morning, according to Pleasanton police who are investigating the discovery.

Police received a call to a 45-gallon plastic trash can that had been left along the side of the road on Dublin Canyon Road, not far from Laurel Creek Drive at about 11 a.m. according to police Lt. Jeff Bretzing.

"Officers discovered inside the can what appear to be human remains," Bretzing said, adding the can was adjacent to the road. "We don't know how long it's been there."

Police have not released any information about the sex, age or race of the victim, but Bretzing said this afternoon that the Alameda County Coroner's Office has taken the body.

"We hope very soon, possibly in the next few hours, for a preliminary report from the coroner's office," he said.

The territory is nominally the jurisdiction of the Alameda County Sheriff's Office, but Bretzing said Pleasanton police will remain the lead agency in the investigation

http://www.sanramonexpress.com/news/show_story.php?id=5757
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »

Sierra Lamar kidnapping suspect: I was fishing

But Garcia-Torres told his mother that he could not be Sierra's kidnapper because he was busy fishing at the Uvas Creek in Morgan Hill on March 16.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Sierra-Lamar-kidnapping-suspect-I-was-fishing/-/5738758/14154804/-/3v7isn/-/index.html

Why did he not go to work as sister implied.

Janet

+++++

Family of Sierra LaMar suspect considered him the good son
Posted:   05/23/2012 09:47:49 PM PDT
May 24, 2012 4:1 PM GMT
Updated:   05/24/2012 09:01:52 AM PDT

<snipped>

His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia-Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators.

<snipped>

http://**/local/ci_20696613/family-sierra-lamar-suspect-considered-him-good-son

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »

Pleasanton police Lt. Jeff Bretzing said police received a call about 11 a.m. about a black trash receptacle, which doesn't resemble other cans in the neighborhood, adjacent to the roadway.

"Someone called this in because it (having a trash can in that spot) wasn't normal and it. shouldn't have been in that location," Bretzing said. "When officers arrived they opened it up and found what looked like human remains."

Bretzing didn't know how long the trash can had been on the street, but a neighbor said she thought she first saw it there a few days ago.

Representatives from the Alameda County Coroner's office loaded a gurney containing the body, in white bag, into a van and drove away from the area about 3 p.m., police said.

At least five brown bags of what appears to be evidence and the black oval-shaped garbage can on wheels were loaded into a Pleasanton police van. Police did not say what the bags contained.

Pleasanton Police and members of the Alameda County Sheriff's office crime lab and a handful of men in suits were on the scene earlier, but only Pleasanton police officers remained at 4:30 p.m.

Police said a news release with more information is expected to be issued at 5 p.m.

http://**/crime-scene-investigation-under-way-pleasanton?source=most_viewed

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »

Pleasanton police Lt. Jeff Bretzing said police received a call about 11 a.m. about a black trash receptacle, which doesn't resemble other cans in the neighborhood, adjacent to the roadway.

"Someone called this in because it (having a trash can in that spot) wasn't normal and it. shouldn't have been in that location," Bretzing said. "When officers arrived they opened it up and found what looked like human remains."

Bretzing didn't know how long the trash can had been on the street, but a neighbor said she thought she first saw it there a few days ago.

Representatives from the Alameda County Coroner's office loaded a gurney containing the body, in white bag, into a van and drove away from the area about 3 p.m., police said.

At least five brown bags of what appears to be evidence and the black oval-shaped garbage can on wheels were loaded into a Pleasanton police van. Police did not say what the bags contained.

Pleasanton Police and members of the Alameda County Sheriff's office crime lab and a handful of men in suits were on the scene earlier, but only Pleasanton police officers remained at 4:30 p.m.

Police said a news release with more information is expected to be issued at 5 p.m.

Where is Pleasanton in relation to Morgan Hill?

cw618 ... HELP!!

It is now 5:35 PM PT.  Any update?

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2012, 08:44:22 PM »

Sisters of Sierra LaMar murder suspect describe arrest as 'surreal'

Lucero and Alondra Garcia shared photographs of their brother Antolin who they affectionately call "Ant." they described him as social and friendly.

"It's hard to see him behind a cage, locked up," said Alondra Garcia. "We're thinking he's innocent."

The Garcia sisters said that ever since their brother was arrested for the kidnapping and murder of Sierra Lamar, they and their children have been taunted.

"They say 'Oh, that's your uncle on tv. He's a murderer and this and that,'" said Lucero Garcia.

We asked Lucero Garcia about her brother's past criminal record. Morgan Hill police told KTVU Antoilin Garcia-Torres was arrested in May of 2009.

"It feels surreal," said Lucero Garcia. "I know him. Growing up with him, the person that I see on tv is totally different person that I grew up with."

Garcia-Torres mother has visited him in jail. His first court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/sisters-sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-describe-arres/nPCxT/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

Where is Pleasanton in relation to Morgan Hill?

cw618 ... HELP!!

It is now 5:35 PM PT.  Any update?

Janet

Pleasanton is in Alameda County, about 45 miles north from where Sierra was kidnapped in southern Santa Clara County on March 16

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Woman-s-body-found-in-Pleasanton/-/5738758/14157140/-/y50ece/-/index.html#ixzz1vpzBkEsb
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »

Raw Video: Sierra LaMar murder suspect makes first court appearance

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/raw-video-sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-makes-first/vHRyP/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »

It appears that the find in Pleasanton is not related to the Sierra Lamar case.  I think.

Janet

++++

Pleasanton police investigating body found in trash can
Posted:   05/24/2012 03:09:14 PM PDT
Updated:   05/24/2012 05:30:11 PM PDT

<snipped>

PLEASANTON -- Human remains were discovered in a trash can in some shrubbery Thursday near Dublin Canyon Road and Laurel Creek Drive, police said.

<snipped>

Police said a news release with more information is expected later Thursday.

However, with Antolin Garcia Torres, 21, charged this week with murder and a special circumstance of murder in the course of a kidnapping for the killing of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar, there were early questions the body could be that of the Morgan Hill teen. But that case belongs to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office and they were not involved in Thursday's investigation.

"No other agencies at this point" are working the case, Bretzing said.

<snipped>

http://**/breaking-news/ci_20703484/crime-scene-investigation-under-way-pleasanton

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »

Pleasanton is in Alameda County, about 45 miles north from where Sierra was kidnapped in southern Santa Clara County on March 16

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Woman-s-body-found-in-Pleasanton/-/5738758/14157140/-/y50ece/-/index.html#ixzz1vpzBkEsb

Thanks Northern Rose.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »

Human Remains Found in Trash Can in Pleasanton

A trash can that looks like it came from outside of Pleasanton was found, but it's not known if it's Sierra LaMar.

Human remains were found inside a 45-gallon trash can that looked a little out of place sitting on Dublin Canyon Road in Pleasanton on Thursday, police confirmed.

Lt. Jeff Bretzing said authorities do not know whether the remains are that of a man or woman, and have no idea of the victim's age.

The trash can, which was turned over on the roadway much of Thursday afternoon and visible from behind the police tape, did not look to be the same type of city-issued trash bin residents in the area use.

Reporters specifically asked if the Morgan Hill Police Department was involved, which would indicate that the remains could be those of Sierra LaMar, the high-profile missing 15-year-old girl. But Bretzing said no.

The regular trash day in the neighborhood is Tuesday, according to neighbors.

Pleasanton Patch is on the scene, and we will update this story continuously as it develops.

http://losgatos.patch.com/articles/human-remains-found-in-trash-can-in-pleasanton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.