May 02, 2024, 05:16:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #560 12/14 - 12/16/2006  (Read 112644 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2006, 05:12:10 PM »

Quote from: "Appeals"
ANNA:

This information is from California discovery guidelines:

Obtain Testimony from Outside the State.
1. When a witness is located outside the state, the only way to compel him to testify is to take his noticed deposition where he lives pursuant to the procedures of the other state. If you do so, California will permit you to use that deposition at trial just as if it was live testimony. When you do this, or in any case where you take a deposition to preserve evidence, you should consider recording the deposition on videotape. Juries, and judges, are very impatient of extended readings from transcripts. If you do decide to tape the deposition, you must follow the procedures in C.C.P. § 2025(l).

2. Notice/Agreement States
Fourteen jurisdictions have enacted court rules or statutes that allow either a judge or the clerk of court to issue a subpoena based upon only a Notice of Deposition filed in the trial state or an agreement of the parties that the witness shall be deposed. Those states are: Alabama, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah

Just flew by to give you this.  Off again....

But they are not witnesses.  They are plaintiffs in one action (phil) and defendents in the other (wrongful death).  Are they not compelled to be present??
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2006, 05:14:10 PM »

Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Ladies & Gentleman

I feel the need to report to you that I have managed

to trackdown Paulus Van der Sloots' hard to find

3rd brother... I found him hiding in the bushes near

a bicycle rack, at a Mc Donald's @ roughly  4 in the

morning in  Utrecht.

I PRESENT TO YOU

EXHIBIT A:

Can you swear this is not Joran after a couple years in front of a jury, and many fifths under his belt.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
blah, when I read the lawsuit, it states a time frame on the first page of the filing, but I couldn't tell if the number was 30 days or 90 days for a response to be filed.  The text was blurred and it could have been either one.

Almost positive it says 30 days.  I'll make a comparison..hold on.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »

Blah, when I saw this, I had to pass it along to you, especially after our discussion of "collard balls" last week!   Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2006, 05:19:24 PM »

All I know is that if you are in a traffic accident (and probably at fault), and the other vehicle is a Pepsi or Fed Ex truck, the attornies that show up at the ER, offer their services for free.  Deep pockets bring out some interesting golddiggers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2006, 05:23:03 PM »

30 days to respond

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2006, 05:25:16 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
30 days to respond

so we should be hearing something by Jan 14th, correct?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2006, 05:32:07 PM »

Yes Blah, or sooner  Wink
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2006, 05:37:35 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
All I know is that if you are in a traffic accident (and probably at fault), and the other vehicle is a Pepsi or Fed Ex truck, the attornies that show up at the ER, offer their services for free.  Deep pockets bring out some interesting golddiggers.

Well, that would probably not happen here, but that would be a clear-cut case of "fault."  This is not.  This is a very different case from a fender-bender-rear-ender in which Mr. Bread Trcuk hit you in the rear and gave you a neck lash.  That is a clear-cut case that any plaintiff or victim should handle himself or herself, because the only winner in that is the lawyer.  You can get more money by dealing one-on-one with mr. Bread Truck.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2006, 05:39:41 PM »

Quote from: "Appeals"
Quote from: "Anna"
One version of the tape turned up all staticky and hard to understand.  This was the tape that ALE had and claimed was as sent by Skeeters to them but I have to wonder if they didn't do something to their version only and that is why it did not match the hard drive as did the other versions.

Not likely Skeeters would alter it to make it comply with what Deepak wanted to have said and not what he said.  So that leaves only somebody on the receiving end possibly doing so.

Heaven help them if they did in fact alter it  as I suspect someone along the way has done and before it was sent to NFI.  Remember no one has seen the report from NFI, we have only been told what it says, not been allowed to read for ourselves.  That alone is very telling IMHO.

I feel a battle of the expert witnesses coming on.  They will testify as to exactly what has been done (or not) to each version of the tapes.

Dunno, no expert here, but I get the feeling that the battle won't really be over the actual content of the 'tapes' but how the info on the tapes were portrayed on the show itself, making it look like the K2's were guilty of something.

The K2's figuring that they haven't been convicted of anything under aruban law, so Dr. Phil was defaming them by suggesting they did something by showing the K2's on his show as if they had done something bad.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2006, 05:40:19 PM »

Thanks, Klaas.  That was the section of the documents that I could not read and determine if the number was 3 or 9.  I'm glad it says 30 days or less.  The US courts do not allow this stuff to drag on and on.  They give firm deadlines and get it done.

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2006, 05:43:39 PM »

Jossy said he has a statement signed by Joran saying he had sex with Natalee while she was going in and out of consciousness.

Jossy said he thinks the statute of limitations for rape is five years.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2006, 05:44:34 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Jossy said he has a statement signed by Joran saying he had sex with Natalee while she was going in and out of consciousness.

I don't think the statute of limitations will be a problem as we are going to see some action here in the next six months.

BRING NATALEE HOME
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2006, 05:45:35 PM »

I don't think the statute of limitations will be a problem as we are going to see some action here in the next six months.

I was just writing what Jossy said on Catherine Crier just now.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »

"joran is crazy"

isnt that what the K2 brother said

having sex with a girl that is passed out is EVIL

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2006, 05:46:20 PM »

Thanks, San.  I'll turn it on.  Didn't know Jossy was on TV now.

BRING NATALEE HOME
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2006, 05:46:38 PM »

Quote from: "robots"

"joran is crazy"

isnt that what the K2 brother said

having sex with a girl that is passed out is EVIL

this needs to be repeated

thanks ROBOTS  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »

Thanks San.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

Jossy is on CC right now??
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2006, 05:49:36 PM »

Is Martha MacCullum on that show?  There's a transcript over at FOB with that name.  Hated to bring it over here without knowing what show it was.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.