May 15, 2024, 12:20:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #553 12/3 - 12/4/2006  (Read 99615 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: December 04, 2006, 09:41:48 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "robots"

GRETA... im talking to you.........cause i know you read here!!

Laughing  Laughing A top notch news woman has to get her news somewhere!   Laughing  Laughing

I was never a big fan of Greta, but I watched her show because of her coverage of this case and others of interest.  I have been tempted many times to ask Bill to give her some training in the area of interviewing guests.

Yes, I definitely think BOR and Geraldo could teach her a thing or two.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: December 04, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

GRETA... im talking to you.........cause i know you read here!!

Laughing  Laughing A top notch news woman has to get her news somewhere!   Laughing  Laughing

I was never a big fan of Greta, but I watched her show because of her coverage of this case and others of interest.  I have been tempted many times to ask Bill to give her some training in the area of interviewing guests.

Yes, I definitely think BOR and Geraldo could teach her a thing or two.

Well, I always thought she did a pretty good job interviewing folks on her show and keeping the topics on track, until her 'conversion'.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: December 04, 2006, 09:45:09 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Yes, but in the world of the Dutch and Afrikaanrs they would be considered 'black'.

Thanks, Carnut!  I really didn't know that.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: December 04, 2006, 09:47:29 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Don't you wish they would all go on a cruise ?
In a submarine.
With no air.

I like your way of thinking....Hey thanks for the compliment today

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: December 04, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »

Yes, but in the world of the Dutch and Afrikaanrs they would be considered 'black'.

The story of Gandi was were he started out in S. Africa as a lawyer and was considered 'black' there.

He finally made his way back to India and did his peaceful protesting.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #905 on: December 04, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »

The story of Gandi was were he started out in S. Africa as a lawyer and was considered 'black' there.

He finally made his way back to India and did his peaceful protesting.

That is good history, Carnut, and I always believed where Martin Luther King took his cues.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: December 04, 2006, 09:54:51 PM »

Speaking of Gandhi, I pulled up my journal and pulled out this quote:  

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #907 on: December 04, 2006, 10:34:07 PM »

Hitler, Aryan & Slaves

Joran says that Natalee said her mother is a relative of Adolf Hitler

Guido's attorney, Gerold Sprong, ties news coverage from USA to work of an "aryan race"

Joran says Natalee asked if the Kalpoe's were slaves

These are the sophmoric conventions of story-tellers and have no basis in fact.  

The likelihood that an 18 yr old teenager from Alabama would refer to her mother as Hitler's daughter is as statistically likely as you being killed by a shark while swimming in an inalnd lake.  Nearly ZERO.

Likewise, the "pc" culture pervading secular school life in the US these days would make it nearly impossible, except in passing joking reference for any American teenager to make serious comment re: 2 "dark skinned" boys (kalpoe) driving her around as "slaves".

The Sprong comment, approved in advance by Wever Family, is another matter altogether.  This was a deliberate attempt at smearing the HT family and the attention garnered via American news media, targted to an audience who would hear the words "ARYAN RACE" and know whatthat means in conetxt of 1940's history.

Looking back at the words spake by joran, it is clear it retrospect this was a similar attempt.

Both sloot and wever/sprong were playing to a DIFFERENT AUDIENCE -- not you, not me -- but those in power in Aruba (Dutch) and those in the Netherlands who mattered.

A truly disgraceful smear, and one our media elites shoudl have caught onto.  To this day, no one in the msm has even made mention of this strange cultural schism which animates much of this case.

It is obvious, and it is there.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: December 04, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »

Urban legend or true:

The winner of the BWB award was able to describe N's underwear correctly.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #909 on: December 04, 2006, 10:35:29 PM »

Don't you wish they would all go on a cruise ?
In a submarine.
With no air.

No, I want to see them all in shackles more than anyting I can think of.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: December 04, 2006, 10:38:32 PM »

Hammer.....you are absolutely correct....and I come from that time in history....well, I was young..... Very Happy

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: December 04, 2006, 10:41:32 PM »

Wow evening Monkeys, seems we're into some heavy topics here tonight!  Smile

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #912 on: December 04, 2006, 10:51:37 PM »

In this day and age, think Natalee would have used some other reference if she used it. Hitler is still discussed in Holland and hated for what they did to the country and citizens. Anita / Paulus would have heard stories from their parents.

I don't know if Natalee said that; I've never been one to vehemently deny the likelihood.  I will say that if anyone said to me that someone they know is related to Hitler, I would take that to mean the person was strict, wanted their own way, wanted to be in control.  Nothing more.  I never understood what the big deal was, unless hit had a different meaning to Joran and others in Aruba.  Same with the "are they your slaves?" question.  If Joran is telling the Kalpoes what to do -- and from his interviews, they were at his side to do whatever he wanted -- I can see asking that.  However, since they are not caucasian, I'd think Natalee was intelligent enough to not say that.  Note to Nadira:  your sons, to me, aren't "black".  When I saw their pictures initially, I thought they looked hispanic.

My thoughts about Natalee and the possibility that she may have used/made a reference to Hitler in speaking about Beth is possible. While most of us don't think as often about such people as Hitler seniors in high schools who are often taught world history in the later grades ie juniors and seniors and have been testing (SAT's + ACT's) in the same grades may. I could very well envision my daughter calling me a Hitler . Infact awhile ago when she wanted to shave her hair off and I opposed, she called me a hair nazi . There you go......personal point of reference.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: December 04, 2006, 10:59:04 PM »

Good night friends.... Smile

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #914 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:36 PM »

hammer nailed it

hhehehehehehehe

THE HAMMER NAILED IT  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:42 PM »

Per MF...

Dompig officially retired from the Polis force today.

He will now be a rent-a-cop....errr...i mean a *security consultant*.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: December 04, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Per MF...

is that anything like a mall cop

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: December 04, 2006, 11:06:52 PM »

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/klaasend2/blchblkxmas.gif
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: December 04, 2006, 11:07:41 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Per MF...

is that anything like a mall cop

I think so. Yet a *consultant* might have less responsibility than a mall cop. I think he will be chair-bound watching the Bacuti beach cam.
the big hammer
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #919 on: December 04, 2006, 11:09:38 PM »

Hitler, Aryan & Slaves - Part II

The comments made during this case are different than declaring someone a "hair nazi" -- lexicon made popular during Seinfeld era on TV (soup nazi).

Re-read the comments of wever attorney Sprong and his two references to "aryan race" -- this is dramatically different and something you'd never hear in a public statment by a US attorney -- it's unheard of.

Taken as a whole ( the statements attributed to Natalee by jvds and the statements of the wever family attorney ) and in context, to me, it is clear what they are trying to say and to who they are saying it.

They are attempting to alienate European/Dutch from feeling any empathy towards HT Family.  This is just one of the numerous smear jobs afoot in this case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.