May 21, 2024, 04:20:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 205153 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »

http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/family-now-doubts-bearden-runaway-story-12048694/

Family Now Doubts Bearden Runaway Story

Posted Sunday, February 9th 2014 @ 7am  by Jim Forsyth

With Leanne Bearden now missing with no trace for more than three weeks, her family is starting to doubt that she was not a victim of foul play, 1200 WOAI news reports.

"The only thing we do know is that lack of contact to anyone she loves is very worrisome," the Bearden and Hecht families wrote in a web posting Saturday.  "We strongly feel that if she could have contacted us, she would have by now."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »

I think it's odd they shared a profile:

Josh Bearden said the couple shared a profile on the site CouchSurfing.org

I think it's even odder they were sharing a phone!  They make her sound like a world traveler, adventurous woman.  Why would someone like that SHARE a profile?  It's not logical.  This is an independent woman, I cannot imagine she wanted to be be known as only the other half.

I hope I'm wrong but Josh seems very controlling to me.  I pray she decided she needed more in her life and she's unharmed but my gut tells me otherwise.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »

The problem with the notion that she simply ran off, why hasn't she contacted her own family/parents or friends?   

I think she took off out the garage door and then he came after her!
Nothing happened to her at the home or surrounding area. I think she was picked up where the dogs lost her scent and that was it!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »

The problem with the notion that she simply ran off, why hasn't she contacted her own family/parents or friends?   

Exactly.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2014, 08:02:15 PM »

TM - do you remember, did they have a car they could use at his parents house?  When Josh went looking for Leanne, did he walk looking for her or drive? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »

TM - do you remember, did they have a car they could use at his parents house?  When Josh went looking for Leanne, did he walk looking for her or drive? 

If I understand correctly, they left their truck there while they were traveling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/6814188246/in/set-72157629529627985

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/7070630317/in/set-72157629435636638

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2014, 08:18:21 PM »

Just wanted to say Thanks to texasmom for the awesome job of keeping an updated account of Leanne's case. I rarely ever log in, but follow along regularly, and have religiously been following along here with Leanne's case. Just had to say a big thank you for posting updates, links, and I am in total agreement about Josh being extremely suspicious. Imo, he, his family, and the PI that is paid for by his family, I believe their agenda appears to be keeping the focus away from Josh, portraying Josh as the true victim, and implying that its his selfish, or unstable wife who is to blame for her disappearance and causing everyone such heartache.

It's really hard to stomach at times and I fear that Leanne has been deceased since way before LE were ever even notified she was missing.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2014, 08:26:38 PM »

If I understand correctly, they left their truck there while they were traveling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/6814188246/in/set-72157629529627985

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/7070630317/in/set-72157629435636638

Here's the link to the blog post that I'd read that made me think the truck was at his parents while they traveled.  When Leanne was first missing I'd read that they were supposed to fly back to Denver, but then I read they were actually driving...so it makes sense to me that they were going back in the truck.

http://www.goexplore365.com/2012_04_08_archive.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2014, 08:41:48 PM »

I'm just wondering when he said he searched for her, he was actually doing something else (using the vehicle).
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »

Just wanted to say Thanks to texasmom for the awesome job of keeping an updated account of Leanne's case. I rarely ever log in, but follow along regularly, and have religiously been following along here with Leanne's case. Just had to say a big thank you for posting updates, links, and I am in total agreement about Josh being extremely suspicious. Imo, he, his family, and the PI that is paid for by his family, I believe their agenda appears to be keeping the focus away from Josh, portraying Josh as the true victim, and implying that its his selfish, or unstable wife who is to blame for her disappearance and causing everyone such heartache.

It's really hard to stomach at times and I fear that Leanne has been deceased since way before LE were ever even notified she was missing.

I'm beginning to have the same fears you have.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/226074940917499

Countersearch
Josh, all of the recent photos and details are extremely helpful. When Leanne left, did she have on a hat or ball cap? Also, can you give us a timeline and details about the days before she went missing?
17 hours ago

Josh Bearden No, no hat or anything like that. I'm sorry about the timeline. My dad is very meticulous and wants to make sure everything is accurate. I finished my timeline days ago. We should have this up tomorrow.
12 hours ago
Has he made a slip here?  If he didn't see her leave how can he make that statement with such certainty.  Conversely, if he saw her leave why didn't he notice she had his backpack.

re: the shoes, it reminds me of the K-Swiss size situation.  I didn't mean to push you on it, just have it stuck in my mind and can't let it go.  I may be part pitbull  .
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »

echoing all you said, especially about texasmom
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »

You're welcome southrngrl, and I appreciate the compliment. 

About the PI, Josh's dad hired him but Josh has posted since then (on the FB page) that they were having a fundraiser to pay for the PI and other things. 

I've noticed that Josh accuses anyone that has suspicions of his involvement in Leanne's disappearance of not caring about Leanne or finding her, but that's not true here.  I truly hope that Leanne is safe and contacts someone soon.  Regardless, I'll be following this case.  There's always the risk that I'm wrong about Josh and he's not involved at all in her disappearance, but the facts as we know them definitely don't rule him out IMO. 

Since I found out that his parents had been gone for a week, I've had the same fear that something bad happened long before Leanne was reported missing.  I spent a little time looking at the Enchanted Rock area and I just felt sick.  Considering Josh's first statements about what he thought may have happened to Leanne, it reminded me so much of the Dylan Redwine case.  Josh's "falling off a cliff" comment didn't help either.  I hope and pray that they are just sick coincidences, and that Leanne's case will have a happy ending.

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2014, 10:04:19 PM »

Countersearch
Josh, all of the recent photos and details are extremely helpful. When Leanne left, did she have on a hat or ball cap? Also, can you give us a timeline and details about the days before she went missing?
17 hours ago

Josh Bearden No, no hat or anything like that. I'm sorry about the timeline. My dad is very meticulous and wants to make sure everything is accurate. I finished my timeline days ago. We should have this up tomorrow.
12 hours ago
Has he made a slip here?  If he didn't see her leave how can he make that statement with such certainty.  Conversely, if he saw her leave why didn't he notice she had his backpack.

re: the shoes, it reminds me of the K-Swiss size situation.  I didn't mean to push you on it, just have it stuck in my mind and can't let it go.  I may be part pitbull  .

I've wondered about his definite comments about her leaving too, since according to him he was upstairs on the computer.  First it was her leaving through the garage, my thoughts were aren't there other doors?  How would he know that?  Then he recently posted that they always came and went by the garage...so I dunno.  But I agree with you IF he didn't actually see her leaving...how would he know anything about what she had or didn't have when she left?  That is IF his story about her leaving the house for a walk that day is even true at all?!!!!

The shoes I've seen Josh wearing during their travels so far look different, color mainly (but I've considered they could just be dirty).  Haven't enlarged and compared what I've gathered so far, and I'm not finished looking!  Just keep getting sidetracked...and the photos are slow loading at times too. 

I do have to say that I was surprised how feminine his legs look (knee to ankle), I really wasn't expecting that since he's a big guy!   

If your gut says check it out...check it out!  You never know, so don't let it go!!!!

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »

echoing all you said, especially about texasmom

Thanks, yuknomenot!

I really appreciate all who are helping keep Leanne's case up to date, sharing their thoughts, and giving us other things to consider and/or look at more!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2014, 10:47:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224091477782512

Martina Ash Renken posted on ‎Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden
I want to suggest that you put her missing poster also on Josh and Leanne's explore365 blog. People who look for travel advice, or people who Josh and Leanne met during their trip or infrequent readers of the blog who don't know yet that she's missing might see it that way.
February 3 at 4:45pm ·

Josh Bearden Hi Martina, I will do that as soon as I get our laptop back from LE.
February 4 at 12:17am

Fiya Jean cant you do it from the computer you are on now?
February 6 at 12:37pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203027275381949&set=o.216516241873369&type=1

Josh Bearden
FINALLY got our computer back.
Leanne MAY HAVE been wearing these sunglasses taken the week before at Enchanted Rock. — with Leanne Hecht Bearden.
February 7 at 3:22pm

I don't see it yet, anyone else? 

http://www.goexplore365.com/

It looks like their blog has 80 followers, wondering if any of them are people that Josh and Leanne may have stayed with during their travels (couchsurfing)?  Also wondering if they might give some insight into their interactions during their travels that others didn't see and aren't documented on their blog?

With the concern of getting the word out there about Leanne, and the "runaway" theory...I just don't understand why Leanne's status is not on their blog?!

When you combine this fact with the fact that Josh kept the couchsurfing aspect from the PI that THEY hired...it really makes me wonder.

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/10203043620550568

Josh Bearden
Updated our travel blog.
Explore!: Help Find Leanne!!
www.goexplore365.com

55 minutes ago near San Marcos, TX

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:16 PM »

Countersearch
17 hours ago

12 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/226343317557328

Countersearch
The focus should be on finding Leanne doing whatever it takes. Josh, to his credit, seems to get that.

Finding Leanne using crowdsourcing requires knowing Leanne's actions prior to her disappearance. Leanne grabbed a backpack she didn't use before leaving. Why? Does she typically walk alone (I have read she doesn't). Josh is a focus because HE SAID he was at Leanne's last reported point of origin before she took a walk, alone. Certain people turn that around and blame those who are suspicious. It's backwards logic. The circumstance placed Josh in this situation. If there IS a "perpetrator," the PERPETRATOR is the reason for the suspicion.

I don't have a definite thought about whether foul play is involved, but the police can investigate sex offenders. The police can look at "perpetrators." The time prior to Leanne reportedly walking out the door is not complete, and it's vital. The timeline, and especially Leanne's state of mind prior to her disappearance, is important. Josh also gets this, he and his dad are working on the timeline right now and taking time to make sure they remember everything. Josh said his dad is meticulous, Leanne is missing and needs as much detail in the timeline as possible.

This page is 17 THOUSAND strong this is a lot of people to help Leanne. Josh, thank you again for keeping all of us updated.
7 hours ago

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »

I just looked at the pictures of Enchanted Rock.  Not to be negative but it didn't give me a good feeling looking at the rocks, cliffs, height and the lake.  Is that the lake they have been searching?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »

One picture was of a rock climber up a shear cliff.  Wonder if they rock climb?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2014, 11:21:58 PM »

I just looked at the pictures of Enchanted Rock.  Not to be negative but it didn't give me a good feeling looking at the rocks, cliffs, height and the lake.  Is that the lake they have been searching?

I don't know of any searches out there yet Blue Moon.  There is a lake much closer to Josh's parents home and I think that may be the one they've looked at.

Enchanted Rock is about an hour and a half away from where Leanne disappeared from.

My interest in it came from Josh's statement that they hiked there the weekend before he reported her missing the next Friday.  His parents were also "gone Saturday".

Google map link below to the State Park, there is also a location known as Enchanted Rock, Tx that is real close to the same distance.

http://goo.gl/maps/ueUzu

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.