May 17, 2024, 07:22:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #616 5/8 - 5/10/2007  (Read 156281 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2007, 06:27:35 PM »

http://www.gp-radar.com/concrete_x_ray.htm

As an alternative to concrete x-ray, ground penetrating radar can see through asphalt and concrete to detect subsurface objects and determine the condition and thickness of the material examined. Rather than concrete x-ray, GPR uses a noninvasive electromagnetic geophysical technique which has the highest resolution of any geophysical method. GPR (and not concrete x-ray) also uses scattering to image, locate and measure spot changes in the ground. Scattering results when an electromagnetic wave locates a change in electrical or magnetic subsurface material
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »

Quote from: "Spock"
Quote from: "Rob"
Can that sonar really see through concrete?

I think it can see beneath hard dirt and even some rocks.. but concrete?

Does anyone know the answer to that?

Different frequencies can see to different depths. It is possible to see hard objects beneath the concrete but not fabric or plastic items. The best method is to remove the concrete then scan. In that case, you can not miss anything.

Thank you Spock.

How about just ripping up the concrete and carefully cracking it to see if anything is in there? Wouldn't that be the best way? old school? to make sure nothing is missed?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »

Different frequencies can see to different depths. It is possible to see hard objects beneath the concrete but not fabric or plastic items. The best method is to remove the concrete then scan. In that case, you can not miss anything.

I saw a show on this last year. GPR can see up to 10 feet below concrete to locate a body. My concern is that the backhoe used at the VDS property dug deeper than that.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2007, 06:29:03 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "*******"
Alright found the pic I was looking for with Joran and Koen..
I would guess and say Koen is 6'1 or so and Joran about 6'4..

I would guess Koen is up to about 310 and wears an XXXL.

I thought that was Anita Laughing .

******* seems to think Anita is also 6'1" as she is about the same height as Koen compared to Joran.   Rolling Eyes And yet we saw she is closer to Greta's height which is only around 5' to 5'2" tops.

Koen is NOT 6'1" and is short/medium height and very stocky and getting stockier.  The Kalpoes are prolly a little over 5" like maybe 5'6".

But Koen and Anita are about the same height compared to Joran.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »

I saw a show on this last year. GPR can see up to 10 feet below concrete to locate a body. My concern is that the backhoe used at the VDS property dug deeper than that.

So the consensus is that it can see through concrete... it must not have revealed anything unusual.

Klaas' info seems to seal it.

+++

igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: May 09, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »

I would be interested to hear what others have to say about the search and will it lead anywhere...

The KLPD are taking this VERY serious. That is what i have heard, and that is what i believe. It is 2 years too late but if this case is in any way salvagable i think they will get it done.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2007, 06:35:39 PM »

Koen looks taller to me than Anita:

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »

Does anyone recall the name of the newsproducer woman that committed suicide?

Here is the link to the article about the producer who committed suicide.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=96986#96986
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: May 09, 2007, 06:37:59 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Alright found the pic I was looking for with Joran and Koen..
I would guess and say Koen is 6'1 or so and Joran about 6'4..

I would guess Koen is up to about 310 and wears an XXXL.

I thought that was Anita Laughing .

******* seems to think Anita is also 6'1" as she is about the same height as Koen compared to Joran.   Rolling Eyes And yet we saw she is closer to Greta's height which is only around 5' to 5'2" tops.

Koen is NOT 6'1" and is short/medium height and very stocky and getting stockier.  The Kalpoes are prolly a little over 5" like maybe 5'6".

But Koen and Anita are about the same height compared to Joran.

Yup I am convinced Joran is at least 6'3. No doubt in my mind..Where did I say anita was 6'1????If what you are saying is true than deepak would be under 5 feet tall..LOL!!
BTW:Satish is much taller than deepak..Anna Pics can be deceiving so you have to look at all of them as people slouch..etc.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2007, 06:38:45 PM »

Does anyone recall the name of the newsproducer woman that committed suicide?

Here is the link to the article about the producer who committed suicide.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=96986#96986

thank you San...

Igsigs- thank you too.

+++

Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2007, 06:39:02 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

As an alternative to concrete x-ray, ground penetrating radar can see through asphalt and concrete to detect subsurface objects and determine the condition and thickness of the material examined. Rather than concrete x-ray, GPR uses a noninvasive electromagnetic geophysical technique which has the highest resolution of any geophysical method. GPR (and not concrete x-ray) also uses scattering to image, locate and measure spot changes in the ground. Scattering results when an electromagnetic wave locates a change in electrical or magnetic subsurface material

Excellent Klaas, very scientific.

In My Opinion
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »

Anna..LOL!! Koen is much taller than Anita..

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »

It doesn't really matter how tall Joran is as relates to this crime but I believe n the photo you posted, he is actually sitting in Koen's lap is why he is so much taller.   Rolling Eyes Always touchy feely with the guys, ya know.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!

But this photo shows them the same height.  Can't tell from photos much.

Like the shoes, it is hard to tell from photos unless you have an known point of origin or reference.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »

Excellent Klaas, very scientific.

Isn't GPR what (supposedly) the Dutch planes that flew over the the queen's pleasure  Rolling Eyes  had and found nothing?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »

Evening Monkeys

About the search at the VDS dump..

In this video you hear Orando Salinas reporting from Aruba about the dogs used in the search. He plainly states he heard some of them bark. Cadaver/drug/search dogs DO NOT ALERT unless they detect something.
IMO they found something there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4-VB_FvaY&mode=related&search=

1:05 into the video is where he starts talking about the dogs

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2007, 06:48:08 PM »

Here is a video that shows just how easy it is to launch a boat on Aruba.

http://dabble.com/node/7513368

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2007, 06:48:44 PM »

Koen looks taller to me than Anita:

Notice Joran has his arm around Koen's shoulder but Koen has his around Joran's waist.  I think the Sporter is sitting in Koen's lap.

Enlarge and look closer.

Shocked

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'd go 6'3" as his max height as well.

And yes, I have been looking at his ugly photos for almost two years now just as you have.

PERSONA NON GRATA

igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2007, 06:53:28 PM »

Good chance that the KLPD have never seen a case labeled as *cold* that has so many lying suspects with contradictory statements. That is because a case like that is usually solved. Every liar and every lie presents an opportunity to find the truth.

Joran's problematic nature ensures that this case will remain *hot* for eternity. That is Aruba's nightmare...and they are just starting to figure that out.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2007, 06:54:23 PM »

Quote from: "yapperz1"
Evening Monkeys

About the search at the VDS dump..

In this video you hear Orando Salinas reporting from Aruba about the dogs used in the search. He plainly states he heard some of them bark. Cadaver/drug/search dogs DO NOT ALERT unless they detect something.
IMO they found something there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4-VB_FvaY&mode=related&search=

1:05 into the video is where he starts talking about the dogs

Yapperz,
I'd be very surprised if the cadaver dog and whatever the other one is bark to indicate a hit.  Most of them that I have seen work just sit down.  Or paw or do some silent indication of a hit depending on how they were trained but I don't think many of them bark.

Of course, these are Dutch dogs and might react differently or have been trained differently but most working dogs don't bark especially if hunting fugitives for instance, would alert them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2007, 06:56:08 PM »

Anna..LOL!! Koen is much taller than Anita..

And that's Freddie and not Deepak in that photo, too!   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.