May 22, 2024, 05:56:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #527 9/26 - 9/29/2006  (Read 120496 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #780 on: September 28, 2006, 10:12:33 PM »

You just reminded me of a pic of my daughter and 2 nephews when they were little. Last Thanksgiving we took the same pic 15 yrs. later. I'll have to post it.  Hint: the 3 monkeys

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #781 on: September 28, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Easy... frozen Wink
 Spinach, pizza, or Red? lol

Hey, Hey!  I'm kidding.  Tomorrow is FRIDAY and then F-R-E-E-D-O-M-M-M-M-M-M!!!!!

the spinach... Laughing

truer words were never spoken about FRIDAY... TGIF!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: September 28, 2006, 10:13:09 PM »

Beth up next on Greta!

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: September 28, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Tom and Red should be so proud!  Beth mentioned SM in the interview and brought new people and supporters here.  That's a big deal!  I'm so glad she is so aware of SM and has brought attention to those who she knows are supporting her 110%

I wonder how much she stops in and reads....  We should always be on our best behavior, you never know who may be reading here.

I know you mean well with this post, but it makes my skin crawl. I have great sympathy for Beth and her anguish, but she is just a person. She deserves respect just as anyone else, but she is not a god. I find this board to be very civil, informative and friendly. I will act no differently.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #784 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:39 PM »

This is just a personal opinion, but at times I think our senses are assaulted by a deluge of negativism coming from a very small portion of the world society and we forget that most people do have common sense.  Many people in Aruba have few doubts about who is responsible for this travesty and it appears that is true in the Netherlands as well.

If there is a point to be made by my words, I guess those words would be that of hope.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:42 PM »

and I mean no disrespect. If the president of the United States, for whom I have great respect, was reading, I woud not act differently. Please don't tell me to behave.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: September 28, 2006, 10:21:08 PM »

Beth said she has no respect for a person in Karin Janssen's position.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #787 on: September 28, 2006, 10:21:30 PM »

good night monkeys...

keep the faith... it moves mountains!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: September 28, 2006, 10:21:47 PM »

Quote from: "memphis"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Tom and Red should be so proud!  Beth mentioned SM in the interview and brought new people and supporters here.  That's a big deal!  I'm so glad she is so aware of SM and has brought attention to those who she knows are supporting her 110%

I wonder how much she stops in and reads....  We should always be on our best behavior, you never know who may be reading here.

I know you mean well with this post, but it makes my skin crawl. I have great sympathy for Beth and her anguish, but she is just a person. She deserves respect just as anyone else, but she is not a god. I find this board to be very civil, informative and friendly. I will act no differently.

You have to admit there is some bickering and off colored comments at times here.  I am NOT only talking about Beth.  There are some media people, law enforcement, lawyers,etc...l.  But I also want to make a good impression on the posters from the Netherlands.  They seem very genuine and sympathetic.  Do you want them to see some our bad sides? Mild as they may be?

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: September 28, 2006, 10:27:18 PM »

OK... what do y'all think?

I don't like the idea of Greta "fitting Beth in" between breaking news and a story on Debra LaFave. Beth deserves better coverage than I feel that she got.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #790 on: September 28, 2006, 10:27:23 PM »

I am not asking anybody to change or be different.  I'm speaking on those, including myself, to think about what they say when they post.   Especially for those who do not know us. What may be joking to us who know each other well, could come off wrong to somebody else.  I just don't want to run off posters,especially our new dutch posters who might have alot to contribute that we otherwise don't have.

Just think now that Beth mentioned SM in the Netherlands and look how many comments on the front page have been posted in support, who otherwise would never have known about SM.  SM has alot more exposure now.  

Like, I believe Kat said:  When you have guests in your house.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: September 28, 2006, 10:28:06 PM »

Quote from: "sb"

I don't like the idea of Greta "fitting Beth in" between breaking news and a story on Debra LaFave. Beth deserves better coverage than I feel that she got.

Completely Agreed!  Debra is a freakin' criminal!

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #792 on: September 28, 2006, 10:28:35 PM »

I will have to be myself as well, but that characterization of Beth was not called for and I think I have read a similar reference elsewhere.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:03 PM »

I agree, she was squeezed it and she deserved more time.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #794 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:37 PM »

and I mean no disrespect. If the president of the United States, for whom I have great respect, was reading, I woud not act differently. Please don't tell me to behave.

Memphis, I totally understand what you are saying. I'm trying to explain what I meant when I said that.  We SHOULD be able to be ourselves.  But I believe most people act  a little different around different people, depending on their importance or a guest versus your best friend or close family member.  Does that make sense?

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »

Our site has needed a little bit of a shot in the arm from new posters lately and I welcome it.

People of goodwill who respect common decency should be EXPECTED to stand behind and support Beth. Those who have demonized her are just living down to their own standard of character. Which I have always expected them to do. There is that element out there which mocks anything good, right and decent and glorifies the decadent and trashy.

Garbage is as garbage does. They are just being true to their own nature.

I welcome the Dutch and others who are willing to stand up and SHOW US their support for Natalee.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #796 on: September 28, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »

I was disappointed and changed channels.  I heard enough out of that nutcase on NBC.  The pinky finger business just pushes me over the edge!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: September 28, 2006, 10:33:49 PM »

Oh Memphis I really like you. I feel the same way. I know we sometimes get off topic but I am also sure that Beth talks about other things as well.
If Beth reads here she finds a group of humans with all there good as well as a little of who we are as well. She probably gets some kicks out of our off topic post too. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: September 28, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »

So that is all there was about Beth on Greta or did I miss something somewhere

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #799 on: September 28, 2006, 10:38:04 PM »

Quote from: "Sue"
So that is all there was about Beth on Greta or did I miss something somewhere

You didn't miss anything.. That was it! Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.