May 14, 2024, 04:02:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #520 9/4 - 9/7/2006  (Read 130658 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2006, 10:53:54 PM »

Anyone watching Greta?  She is interviewing this woman whose son disappeard in 1983.  She said she had contact with him 1998.  The woman had a two hour conversation with her son to find out all the information she could about the people who took him and then her son left.  Greta asked her why she let him leave.  The woman responded and said I don't think that is a very fair question Greta?  She said my son was 6.3 and he said he would leave if I called anyone.  The woman said I felt it was better to get the information out of him and give it to the police.  Greta stuck her foot in her mouth because she apologized to the woman for her choice of words.
cochese
Scared Monkey

« Reply #481 on: September 05, 2006, 10:54:44 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Make a joyful noise!!!

COCHESE welcome back!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Thank you, it's good to be back Very Happy
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: September 05, 2006, 10:55:14 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Anyone watching Greta?  She is interviewing this woman whose son disappeard in 1983.  She said she had contact with him 1998.  The woman had a two hour conversation with her son to find out all the information she could about the people who took him and then her son left.  Greta asked her why she let him leave.  The woman responded and said I don't think that is a very fair question Greta?  She said my son was 6.3 and he said he would leave if I called anyone.  The woman said I felt it was better to get the information out of him and give it to the police.  Greta stuck her foot in her mouth because she apologized to the woman for her choice of words.

I saw it San...

I had no idea this kid came back and visited his mom...

I don't know much about this case but that one knocked me for a loop.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: September 05, 2006, 10:55:36 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Just fired off this email --

memberservices@abc.go.com

Subject: GMA 9/5/2006 - Joran VD SLOOT

Okay, here's my SECOND try at this. I do hope another form reply doesn't come back.

The message board for the referenced show appears to be blocking many would-be comments coming from the Southeast USA.

Meanwhile, the message board is accepting comments from Aruba tourism shills, even those that trash a victim's entire family AND country.

By the Numbers:

1. The actual VICTIM, Natalee Holloway, is from Alabama, a Southeastern United State.

2. Joran is NOT a victim. He is Aruba's reigning celebrity.

3. It is the US tourists who are upset that he is frolicing among them.

4. Joran didn't tell just one lie about the night Miss Holloway disappeared. First it was the Holiday Inn dropoff. Then it was Deepak took him home; then it was Deepak went back and raped, killed, and buried Natalee near the Fisherman Huts. Then Joran said he left Natalee on the beach and walked home, presumably barefoot. His father Paulus said he picked JORAN up. All of Joran's statements, and his father's, were signed. Why in the world doesn't anyone ask him about his multliple lies? Chris Cuomo asked him the same question everyone else on TV has asked him, and accepted the same stock answer. Joran's attorney writes the script for his appearances?

You can read the statements here:
http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewforum.php?f=6

5. The "one girlfriend he's been with for six months" - Wonder if she knows why Joran can't go back to Bahia (sp?) - a local bar? He was banned for sexual exploits in the bathroom ... and not with her ... you can see how heavily this missing person case is weighing on him.

I did notice, however, that JVDS hopes the real killer is found. It is only a grudging, recent, concession from Aruba that Natalee Holloway might be dead. Wonder how come Joran is so sure?

Whatever happened to an actual Investigative Report? I guess the crew had a fine time on Aruba.

If you want to do an actual investigation - a new twist on this story - read through this topic at the same web site referenced above:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=188&start=0

Meanwhile - you have merely tried to assist Aruba's flagging tourist economy.

Thank you for your time.

< msmarple redacts name, contact info .

Excellent!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2006, 10:58:45 PM »

I saw it San...

Apparently people took him and others.  The son said they would kill him if he talked about them.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: September 05, 2006, 11:00:44 PM »

I saw it San...

Apparently people took him and others.  The son said they would kill him if he talked about them.

Yes I heard that part...

This poor kid must have been so brainwashed and scared to death...

God, one would think if they escaped from that kind of situation they would run to the police but I guess he could have been suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

So bizarre and sad.

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: September 05, 2006, 11:01:13 PM »

Quote from: "cochese"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
I am still sore.  Getting around a little slow.  Thank you everybody for all of your thoughts, cards and prayers.  I never expected it.  It is truly one big family here.  I can not say thank you enough. Very Happy

We are glad to see you and that you are better!!! Count me in on saying prayers for you.... and you haven't even tried have you? to smoke

I have not smoked since I drove to the hospital last Saturday.  I started caughing blood today, but they said that would happen when you quit and start moving again.  I don't know if I can do it though, it's harder now that I am out of the hospital.   The doctor said there may have been a little emphyzema in the part they removed and I still want to smoke.

Cochese, it's good to see you out and about!  When I quit 8 years ago, this is what I told myself:  You are allowed to smoke, but you really don't want to.  ANd then I named the reasons why I didn't want to. Then I got up and did something else until the craving/urge passed. It's all about behavior changes.   When something is forbidden, it makes us want it all the more.  We just have to tell ourselves we don't want it and believe ourselves.  And you can't have just one - you know that.  One is too many and a thousand is never enough.  Get a copy of the hospital bill and tape it to the pack of cigarettes.  Get a copy of the xray and tape it to the refrigerator.  And thank God every day for saving your life.  There are probably more monkeys here that have been through quitting.  Come here and moan to us - it helps.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: September 05, 2006, 11:04:16 PM »

San, I am sorry that I missed that...

Cochese.. yes you can talk to us...

and good night monkeys...

keep the faith!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: September 05, 2006, 11:04:36 PM »

Sounds like he's a bona fide Moonbat. (Don't EVER get me started on Rev. Sun Moon.) That's sorta the way they operate.

REMINDER - Read, Add to the Murder & Crime thread. See my sig line.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: September 05, 2006, 11:05:21 PM »

Cochese.. yes you can talk to us... rather than smoke... and we will keep you in our prayers...and good night monkeys...

keep the faith!!

Ok  I am tired.. I meant to finish this sentence...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2006, 11:06:27 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Sounds like he's a bona fide Moonbat. (Don't EVER get me started on Rev. Sun Moon.) That's sorta the way they operate.

REMINDER - Read, Add to the Murder & Crime thread. See my sig line.

ms marple ... excellent letter... I hope they send you a real answer... but I applaud the letter...

cochese
Scared Monkey

« Reply #491 on: September 05, 2006, 11:10:06 PM »

Cochese.. yes you can talk to us...

and good night monkeys...

keep the faith!!

Thank you, nite. Very Happy
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: September 05, 2006, 11:13:09 PM »

MR. SANDMAN

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Give him two lips like roses and clover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Give him the word that I'm not a rover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

Mr. Sandman (male voice: "Yesss?") bring us a dream
Give him a pair of eyes with a "come-hither" gleam
Give him a lonely heart like Pagliacci
And lots of wavy hair like Liberace
Mr Sandman, someone to hold (someone to hold)
Would be so peachy before we're too old
So please turn on your magic beam
Mr Sandman, bring us, please, please, please
Mr Sandman, bring us a dream.

Good nite y'all and pleasant dreams.
cochese
Scared Monkey

« Reply #493 on: September 05, 2006, 11:13:48 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
I am still sore.  Getting around a little slow.  Thank you everybody for all of your thoughts, cards and prayers.  I never expected it.  It is truly one big family here.  I can not say thank you enough. Very Happy

We are glad to see you and that you are better!!! Count me in on saying prayers for you.... and you haven't even tried have you? to smoke

I have not smoked since I drove to the hospital last Saturday.  I started caughing blood today, but they said that would happen when you quit and start moving again.  I don't know if I can do it though, it's harder now that I am out of the hospital.   The doctor said there may have been a little emphyzema in the part they removed and I still want to smoke.

Cochese, it's good to see you out and about!  When I quit 8 years ago, this is what I told myself:  You are allowed to smoke, but you really don't want to.  ANd then I named the reasons why I didn't want to. Then I got up and did something else until the craving/urge passed. It's all about behavior changes.   When something is forbidden, it makes us want it all the more.  We just have to tell ourselves we don't want it and believe ourselves.  And you can't have just one - you know that.  One is too many and a thousand is never enough.  Get a copy of the hospital bill and tape it to the pack of cigarettes.  Get a copy of the xray and tape it to the refrigerator.  And thank God every day for saving your life.  There are probably more monkeys here that have been through quitting.  Come here and moan to us - it helps.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to moan.  I am just saying how stupid it is to go through all of that and still want to.  My grandfather smoked and died of lung cancer and my uncle died of emphyzema.  They both quit after they found out, even though the doctors told them it was too late.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: September 05, 2006, 11:30:20 PM »

Goodnight Everyone
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: September 05, 2006, 11:34:22 PM »

This link was just posted on the front page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/story/2006/08/060830_caribcrime.shtml
30 August, 2006 - Published 21:42 GMT

Crime triggers fear of tourism backlash

St Lucian Prime Minister Kenny Anthony says he has requested the help of Scotland Yard in the investigation into the slaying of a British woman on the island.

British investigators were expected to join local efforts to solve the killing of sixty-one year old Patricia Ann Lee.

Her body was found at the bottom of a cliff in the northern part of the island last week.

Admitting that St Lucia was taking a hard knock from violent crime, Prime Minister Anthony said he'd seen a level of savagery that's unbelievable.

Reputations at stake

Dr Anthony said the cycle of violence in his country was causing a lot of grief, with St Lucia's reputation suffering as well.

Forensic Pathologist Stephen King said an autopsy showed Ms Lee died from a stab wound in the back.

And in Dutch St Maarten, Holland is placing special attention on a crime wave gripping its half of the island it shares with France.

It's putting in place a security plan for the territory.

One of the main concerns highlighted by Dutch Interior Affairs Minister Johan Remkes who has been visiting the Dutch Caribbean is the need for adequate staffing of the local police force.

Mr Remkes said however that Holland did not want to intervene directly as this is principally a matter for the government of the Netherlands Antilles.

A spate of crimes in Dutch St Maarten has been highlighted by several killings, robberies and other violent attacks including one on two homosexual American television producers.

Damage limitation

That high profile incident forced the St Maarten tourism authorities into quick damage control.

Several arrests were subsequently made and the matter is now in court.

The St Maarten police are also proposing to recruit officers from Suriname a former Dutch colony.

Twelve people have been killed so far for this year in St Maarten, a tourism dependent Dutch territory of 16 square miles with a resident population estimated to be over thirty thousand.

The security plan proposed for St Maarten is in addition to a general security plan for the Netherlands Antilles.

Aruba, another tourism dependent island, has had to mount a massive public relations drive following a campaign of negative publicity in the United States, waged by the mother of an American teenager, who has been missing on the island for over a year now.

Outside help

Holland is to take over the investigation into the disappearance of the American teenager, Natalie Holloway.

Aruba, like St Lucia and St Maarten derives most of its tourism from the United States.

Many other countries in the region have seen an upsurge in serious crimes and several have sought assistance from the United Kingdom and the United States in a bid to curb the trend.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: September 05, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »

Goodnight Everyone

Nite San
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: September 05, 2006, 11:52:36 PM »

SHeesh Klass with that article you posted sound like they have alot of nut cases running around these islands..
Makes you not wanna go anywhere down there at all

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: September 06, 2006, 12:04:52 AM »

Quote from: "Sue"
SHeesh Klass with that article you posted sound like they have alot of nut cases running around these islands..
Makes you not wanna go anywhere down there at all

Exactly.  I did find it interresting that the Dutch are not going to get involved with St. Maarten but they are in Aruba.
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: September 06, 2006, 12:47:38 AM »

I just got home and just watched GMA. I don't know if anyone else saw this but when Joran was walking on the beach with Chris Cuomo Joran was WEARING HIS SHOES Wink

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.