May 13, 2024, 02:32:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #603 4/21 - 4/25/2007  (Read 150668 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I might have to wait for reincarnation to see 120 lbs again.
Although I have been on a semi diet since January... just eating healthier and the weight loss is just happening now. Only about 12 lbs. to go, but the goal is to get some muscle replacement. Using the girlie weights.

The best thing I've done for myself so far is going to Curves. It's really helping my muscles. Do they have Curves in your part of the globe?

Good for you going to Curves. There is a Curves right next door to me, but they close at 8PM. Closed Sundays. Saturdays open  'till 2 PM. It just doesn't fit with my work schedule. So, I just made a decision to move towards doing this stuff on my own like I used to. There is a large pool here and we are doing a family thing frequently. It's alot of fun, games, etc and the time just passes. Nothing extreme for me. Last year the
chiropractor demanded that I stay off the trampoline.  Last summer I noticed that my stamina and strength was gone and I didn't like it. I know that if I try to do an extreme regimen, I would just ditch it at the first boo boo. Or the sight of CHOCKY ! Winters are bad here for keeping fit, maybe next fall I will do Yoga. There is a centre close to my work now run by an old friend.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2007, 01:46:41 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Justins seems to be making butter in her sig line. Laughing
Hey, Justins! Are we decorating Miss Daisy for the 4th?

Nah, she's just there for a little change! Nat's Dorothy doll will be back.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2007, 01:48:19 PM »

The Curves here does not attract the Barbie girls. They go to a mixed Gym and dress like Paris Hilton. When my daughter was trying to lose the Baby Fat, she tried those Barbie Gym places and felt fat and ugly.
She came here for Aquasize in the pool as there used to be classes here we both took. It was the thing that started her back to being fit. No pressure. No posturing in front of the mirrors as there are no mirrors.
Then she moved on to Thai kick boxing. She is a strong woman now ! And she might weight about 130lbs. of lean at 5 ft 8. But it takes time.
Curves seems to attract regular looking women wearing regular looking sweats / clothes.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
The Curves here does not attract the Barbie girls. They go to a mixed Gym and dress like Paris Hilton. When my daughter was trying to lose the Baby Fat, she tried those Barbie Gym places and felt fat and ugly.
She came here for Aquasize in the pool as there used to be classes here we both took. It was the thing that started her back to being fit. No pressure. No posturing in front of the mirrors as there are no mirrors.
Then she moved on to Thai kick boxing. She is a strong woman now ! And she might weight about 130lbs. of lean at 5 ft 8. But it takes time.
Curves seems to attract regular looking women wearing regular looking sweats / clothes.

That's exactly what I like about it Kat_Gram. Ordinary women feel okay being there.

I Stand With The Girl
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »

I wish you all luck and no advice.I walk the dog(get dragged),try to cut carbs and get the proper amount of nagging
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:53 PM »

Well, BT Girl, you certainly are not ordinary ! !
But I know what you mean. If you do not feel comfortable at these places, you quit. I used to have access to  weight room where some of the football players here would train. I would try to go when they were not there. Late at night. Or when they had an away game. Or off season. Spent more time trying to figure when I could go than going.
Have a nice day everyone. Glad to see that us Monkey Girls are trying to get fit ! !
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »

Hi everyone-Happy Sunday!Hope you all are having a good weekend.
I found this post at Scrux by Medley @ Scrux. I snipped it but this part is interesting,and I hope Joran continues to have NO luck here in the states with his stupid (IMO) book of lies. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Medley wrote:
[snip]They are still hoping for an English publication - but so far nothing has worked out. Many of the normal venues that might have worked in the States said no, due to the backlash from the OJ book.

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:59 pm

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
Hi everyone-Happy Sunday!Hope you all are having a good weekend.
I found this post at Scrux by Medley @ Scrux. I snipped it but this part is interesting,and I hope Joran continues to have NO luck here in the states with his stupid (IMO) book of lies. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Medley wrote:
[snip]They are still hoping for an English publication - but so far nothing has worked out. Many of the normal venues that might have worked in the States said no, due to the backlash from the OJ book.

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:59 pm

You made my Earth Day ! ! !
Pollution comes in many forms !!
Slootie pollution is Extremely Nasty and Offensive. It gets up your nose and make you want to GAG. in an unladylike fashion.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »

IMO it could be a backlash from the OJ book, but then again it could be a boycott or not wishing to get into the whole area for many feel he is guilty and do not want the corporate image associated with that.

They travel, their children travel. It could have happened it their children. Believe me, if the book and fall out was worth anything, they'd be publishers chomping at the bit.

I am thinking they are more interested in publishing, someday, a book and movie about the case after it is "cold closed" this May.

IMO a TV movie would probably be filming around July to hit in Sept before the new series start.

IMO at least two books could hit the stores by July.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »

should be "there'd be"

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2007, 06:50:11 PM »

Medley wrote:

Now it's OJ's fault?  Laughing

And what exactly is the *normal venue* for a sociopathic teenage murder suspect's self-serving autobiography? It's all fairly grotesque to these eyes. The OJ/Joran comparison should be a clue...
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »

First Earth day was in 1970.It was fun.Anita had her blouse and shorts,a visual experience after Rueben,Rembrandt and Vermeer.I felt I had walked in on an Andy Warhol movie at the factory .Spooky,what was your idea of how the TIDE looked
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2007, 07:09:55 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

Medley wrote:

And what exactly is the *normal venue* for a sociopathic teenage murder suspect's self-serving autobiography? It's all fairly grotesque to these eyes. The OJ/Joran comparison should be a clue...

That's exactly what I was thinking about-the "OJ/Joran" comparison
Laughing  Wink

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2007, 07:11:56 PM »

Given what gets published these days, if there was a chance to make a buck, a publisher would come forward. We read some little tid bits. It was boring. " For lunch, they brought me a cheese sandwich " . Not exactly a page turner unless you are interested in the type of cheese.
Not gouda. ! !
I also don't think the American or Canadian public is very interested in what this person has to say about anything any more as he has given so much away in interviews. And he has a lie for every day since May of 2005. It is not as if he was a "hero " or major public figure beforehand.
There is just no story from his viewpoint as he is just some Dutch punk creepy who got away with it. So far. IMO  
In Dave's book, people could identify with a father who lost his daughter
and what he was up against in his search for her. He is a courageous man.
What's the hook so to speak for Joran's little pathetic literary attempt ?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »

Medley wrote:

I'm sure his book will be jumping off the shelves in Holland on the best seller list Rolling Eyes .

Paulus had the nerve to say he was writing a book also.  I guess he wants to see how is rapist/murdering son's book sells.  I wonder what the title of his book will be:  You too can raise a psychopath.

After what the world has witness this week with the Virginia Tech killings I think they are probably appalled looking at Joran who is a psychopath trying to cash in on a murder.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »

i pray that the book will not be written.I don't think the dutch will rip it off the shelves.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »

Hi Everyone!

San:

I think it's disgusting, this book writting... especially, Paulus.

You would think that he'd want to crawl in a hole somewhere
never to be heard from again, with all the stuff that we know
about him and his messed-up friends.  It just never ceases to
amaze me how unconscionable some people can be... after all
he did, he still wants to throw salt into the wounds of a grieving
family.

I think THAT's why Joran's book is not being published in the
U.S... people have had enough.  Plus, although we don't see
them all day, everyday, there are alot of people that support
the boycott on a matter of principle.

I hope the ones that are going to Miami will find that to be true
and where there is indifference, I hope they'll win a few more
supporters.

I wish I could be there.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »

Hopefully the KLPD will get their hands on a copy of the book.

If they have any conscience at all, the thought of Joran making money off of Natalee's name should be highly motivating.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2007, 07:42:22 PM »

Hopefully the KLPD will get their hands on a copy of the book.

If they have any conscience at all, the thought of Joran making money off of Natalee's name should be highly motivating.

Exactly... But that makes me wonder if the family can sue Joran for
defamation of character in a literary work.  He will be using their names,
I assume and it is a sure thing that a jerk like him, much like his father,
will be throwing mud in their direction.

P.S.  What is the KLPD?

Laughing

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2007, 07:45:04 PM »

KLPD = Dutch Cops / Team now in charge of investigation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.