May 14, 2024, 01:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT for Missing 10 YO Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO(BODY FOUND)  (Read 873891 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »

A Girl’s Neighbors Are Left to Grieve and Fear a Predator in Their Midst
Posted on October 17, 2012

<snipped>

On Monday, the principal at Arvada K-8, a nearby school, sent parents a letter saying that a student reported she had been approached by a goateed man in his 30s wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. In mid-September, school officials warned parents of two attempted abductions, one by a man offering candy if a child got into his car.

<snipped>

http://www.99linkedin.com/a-girls-neighbors-are-left-to-grieve-and-fear-a-predator-in-their-midst/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »

I feel compassion for this mom...I am sure that she did not feel irresponsible by letting her little girl walk alone in a "safe" neighborhood. But really, when are we gonna learn that no neighborhood is safe? How many children will be murdered in their safe neighborhoods to make parents realize that perverts go to safe neighborhoods to find children as well?

I am working on it cookie.  However ... right now I am so angry with Sarah.

My ONLY focus of compassion is a little girl who was walking alone unaware of the evil that lurked and unable to defend herself from that evil.

I know beyond a doubt if my granddaughter had been entrusted to Sarah and ... Miss Muffet had been in Jessica's place ... I would not be feeling compassion for this woman.  My granddaughter is a child who is a treasure from God worthy of protection.  Likewise, Jessica was a child who is a treasure from God worthy of protection.

Cookie ... you have a good heart.  I think I do too but ... sometimes I wish mine was not so "black and white" ... descriptive words that were attributed to me a few days ago.

Janet

I get you Janet...and you have a very good heart. You are always an advocate on the side of the missing or dead child and there is nothing wrong with that.  You always stay true to your feelings and beliefs and that is something to be proud of.   
I try to put myself in the place of the parents of a missing child and I can't help but feel their pain because of their tragic loss and the fact that most of them would gladly redo their day that their child went missing to do things differently to have their child back. People make mistakes....the true fault of any abducted child is the person who takes that child. Any child should have the right to walk to school, play outside etc without being kidnapped. Our court systems really need to get tougher on child molesters and child murderers...death penalty...nothing less imo

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2012, 11:18:06 PM »

Our courts do need to get more serious.  The man who lured in our community cannot be arrested. He was more than 40 miles away from his home at night looking for a small town library?  Then thought he would offer two girls a ride home?  I don't think so.  Police can do nothing as he did nothing illegal.  He will undoubtedly go after children again because he has the urge, just in a different town next time.

Sorry for going on about it.  It's a reality check.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »

I feel compassion for this mom...I am sure that she did not feel irresponsible by letting her little girl walk alone in a "safe" neighborhood. But really, when are we gonna learn that no neighborhood is safe? How many children will be murdered in their safe neighborhoods to make parents realize that perverts go to safe neighborhoods to find children as well?

My ONLY focus of compassion is a little girl who was walking alone unaware of the evil that lurked and unable to defend herself from that evil.

I know beyond a doubt if my granddaughter had been entrusted to Sarah and ... Miss Muffet had been in Jessica's place ... I would not be feeling compassion for this woman.  My granddaughter is a child who is a treasure from God worthy of protection.  Likewise, Jessica was a child who is a treasure from God worthy of protection.

Cookie ... you have a good heart.  I think I do too but ... sometimes I wish mine was not so "black and white" ... descriptive words that were attributed to me a few days ago.

Janet

I get you Janet...and you have a very good heart. You are always an advocate on the side of the missing or dead child and there is nothing wrong with that.  You always stay true to your feelings and beliefs and that is something to be proud of.   
I try to put myself in the place of the parents of a missing child and I can't help but feel their pain because of their tragic loss and the fact that most of them would gladly redo their day that their child went missing to do things differently to have their child back. People make mistakes....the true fault of any abducted child is the person who takes that child. Any child should have the right to walk to school, play outside etc without being kidnapped. Our court systems really need to get tougher on child molesters and child murderers...death penalty...nothing less imo

Thanks cookie.

My 14 year old grandson was just dropped off.  Papa and I are taking him to a class at Science World in Vancouver tomorrow.  This young man just challenged me to a game of Scrabble.  I am not fooled.  I recognize in the last couple of years he has lost interest in the game (ipod is where it is at) but even though morning comes early ... he'll do anything to prolong calling it a night.

Good Night All

Janet

Good Night All.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #664 on: October 18, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/343343/28/Former-FBI-profiler-Jessica-Ridgeways-killer-may-have-attended-memorial

Jessica Ridgeway's killer may have attended memorial, former FBI profiler says
9:04 AM, Oct 17, 2012 

ARVADA, CO (KUSA) - Investigators working the Jessica Ridgeway case kept a close eye on the crowd at a memorial service Tuesday evening for the murdered 10-year-old.

Former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt says there is a distinct possibility Jessica's killer either watched or even attended the service.

Van Zandt noted a large community event such as the memorial may actually attract Jessica's killer.

"Whoever is responsible for that young girl's death could even show up at that ceremony," Van Zandt said. "So law enforcement is going to be there."

Law enforcement was visible inside and outside the memorial.

The FBI believes the killer is closely following all the media coverage, and may want to see the spectacle for himself.

Westminster police and the FBI are urging the public to keep their eyes open.

Former FBI Colorado Special Agent in Charge Bob Pence says now is the time to keep your kids close because whoever killed Jessica is still out there.

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

Pence says a number of factors indicate the suspect is probably a local.

Jessica's backpack was found in Superior and her body was found in Arvada.

"You're dealing with a mentally deranged person," Pence said. "The Denver area public needs to be concerned, not panicked.

He says part of being concerned is being aware. If you see something, say something.

Van Zandt says, right now, every bit of information is helpful.

"We have to be on the lookout. We can't lose another precious child like this. The public's job is to give the information to the authorities. The authorities should investigate," Van Zandt said.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: October 18, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »

i want to believe that LE, has cleared this point up,and are good with it
which Jeremy is which,was he a Jeremy friend or a cuz,Jessica was meeting

Posted on: 3:40 pm, October 9, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 07:14pm, October 9, 2012
<snipped>
Sarah described a conversation she had with Jessica about taking a recently-introduced bus service to school
this year. Instead, Sarah said, Jessica made a plan with her older cousin Jeremy to walk to school every day.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

Posted:   10/12/2012 11:39:35 PM MDT
Updated:   10/12/2012 11:39:39 PM MDT
<snipped>
That morning, Jessica had called a neighbor boy at 8:25 a.m., asking whether he would be walking to school that day. 
The two usually walked down Moore Street and through an open space every morning to Witt Elementary. ...
At 8:40 — 10 minutes before the school bell rings — Jessica had not arrived. The boy climbed into a car with his father
and headed to school, according to dispatch tapes from Westminster police.
http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_21762928/police-moved-quickly-first-hours-search-jessica-ridgeway

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #666 on: October 18, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/LeeDavis2011/posts/299315743502401

Ld Davis · 443 subscribers
3 hours ago ·
XXXXXXXXX wrote to me:
all this stuff with Jessica Ridgeway in Colorado got me thinking that my sex offender brother is on the run from wyo.. he has a wife and daughter in ft collins colorad (an hour and 13 minutes from Arvada) where the little girl went missing. I am not accusing but since he is a registered sex offender I think his picture needs to be ut there. please share.

Kenneth Roy Gibson Sex Offender in Casper WY
www.offendex.com

http://www.offendex.com/offender/view/253379

Kenneth Roy Gibson
10007 Landmark Lane
Casper   WY 82604
View photos: 1

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.
Weight: 206
Race/Ethnicity: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Alias(es): Dirt, Joe; Gibson, John Kenneth; Worth, John Kenneth; Worth, John William

Offense: 3RD DEGREE SEXUAL ASSAULT

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/sex-offender-must-register-in-wyo/article_4ea50e0e-6d20-5088-bf03-6a8a09d51709.html

APPEALS COURT SAYS FEDERAL RULES APPLY

October 10, 2009 12:00 am  •  Associated Press(0) Comments

CHEYENNE -- A federal appeals court has rejected a convicted sex offender's argument that he didn't need to register with Wyoming authorities in part because he claimed the state's sex offender registration system isn't up to federal standards.

Kenneth Gibson was convicted of third-degree sexual assault in Colorado before moving to Laramie last year, court records say. He lived there for a few months before the U.S. Marshals Service investigated a complaint that he had failed to register as a sex offender.

Gibson pleaded guilty in federal court in Wyoming to failing to register. U.S. District Judge William F. Downes this February sentenced him to 37 months in prison.

Gibson appealed his conviction to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: October 18, 2012, 04:05:53 AM »

Wonder if this is just a coincidence or a possible link?

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-police-probe-dismembered-body-suspect-under-arrest-042716359.html

Colorado police probe dismembered body, suspect under arrest

DENVER (Reuters) - A 24-year-old Colorado man was being held without bond on suspicion of first-degree murder after the dismembered remains of a woman who may be his missing mother were found in his car, police said on Wednesday.

Ari Ligget was arrested after police made the grisly discovery in the car he was driving, the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office said in a written statement.

According to police, Ligget and his 56-year-old mother, who lived together, were reported missing by family members on Monday.

The driver, later identified as Ligget, attempted to elude police and crashed the car, and was captured after a brief foot chase.

Police said the "dismembered remains of a deceased adult female" were found in the back seat of the car. The body has yet to be positively identified.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »

Janet

I think we are all angry, Janet.  When tragedies like this happen, I think it is very natural for people to want to blame someone or something.  At this point we don't have a perp to direct our anger toward, so we often try to find fault with someone else.  I don't know what information or circumstances that Sarah was working under, but despite what may have been her best solution to the problem of getting Jessica to school safely, Jessica was abducted and murdered.  The scenario could have been different and Sarah could have been driving Jessica to school and been carjacked leading to the death of mother and/or daughter. 

The real focus of blame should be on whoever killed Jessica.  I don't think as parents we are ever perfect in protecting our children, but I don't see gross negligence with Sarah as I did with others such as Aliahna Lemmon's mother. 

I do, however, understand where your passion comes from in wanting to see these tragedies against "our" children stop.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: October 18, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »

Well said, flutter1.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #670 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »

i personally love reading janets posts. Always very thought provoking & makes u go hmmmm. We all are here with the same wishes afterall. That those responsible for all of thee heinous acts in this world are brought to some justice, whoever that person may be. This world in general has gotten lax in protecting our innocent children from the horrors that are our reality. If we dont take every precaution to protect our children, who will? Unfortunately we have seen the people that are supposed to love & protect these children be the horror that they faced.

Thank you kcrn.

Janet

Janet, I want to add that I also respect your posts, and always have.

I just disagreed with your harsh feelings about Jessica's mother.

That's all Wink

... and that is OK.  I am just being honest about my inability to extend compassion to Sarah at this point in time.

Thanks Brandi.

Janet

I am going to restrain myself for making judgemental comments 

Kids should be allowed to walk to and from school. 

We hear so much about obesity

I say get the Freaks, off the streets.  Kids should be allowed to walk through the leaves, through the slush, crunch in the snow, and slide on the ice.  God Bless Jessica!!

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #671 on: October 18, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

I say get the Freaks, off the streets.  Kids should be allowed to walk through the leaves, through the slush, crunch in the snow, and slide on the ice.  God Bless Jessica!!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: October 18, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »

Jessica Ridgeway case update: Westminster High School raising money for Ridgeway family
Posted: 7:36 AM October 18, 2012
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/jessica-ridgeway-case-update-westminster-high-school-raising-money-for-ridgeway-family#ixzz29fk67j4M

By: Thomas Hendrick, 7NEWS

WESTMINSTER, Colo. -- Westminster High School is reaching out to the family of Jessica Ridgeway and raising money for the family and investigators looking for the girl's murderer.

On Thursday students will wear purple, Jessica's favorite color, and host a fundraiser.

The money will help feed police investigators who are working overtime to try and solve the case, said Adams County Schools spokesman Steve Saunders.

"In the days after her murder, students and faculty asked what we could do to help," said Principal Michael Lynch.

Students and faculty are being encouraged to bring $1 each on Thursday. The money will be used for box dinners to be delivered Thursday night to more than 170 investigators working at Westminster Police Headquarters, Saunders said.

<snipped>

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #673 on: October 18, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

U

how did any of this get put under my name? I didnt say any of it!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: October 18, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »

Sometimes quotes/quote stacks get messed up.  And each  time someone else tries to quote it, the mess continues.  If I'm reading and see a quote messed up, if I have time and it's only one or two messed up, I'll stop and edit and fix them.  It's really not that big of a deal, since if you look closely, you can see who said what.  However, if folks have quoted and quoted, it will look pretty crazy, resulting in it appearing someone quoted something they didn't.  Best thing to do if you see a quote stack messing up is to stop quoting it.  It only gets worse from there.  It takes way too much time to try to sit and sort the quotes out and edit them, and sometimes it seems to get even worse.     Our late moderator "2NJ" used to actually enjoy fixing quotes.  She said she liked puzzles.  Well, messed up quotes are a puzzle alright.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: October 18, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »

From Brandi:

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #676 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »

Sometimes quotes/quote stacks get messed up.  And each  time someone else tries to quote it, the mess continues.  If I'm reading and see a quote messed up, if I have time and it's only one or two messed up, I'll stop and edit and fix them.  It's really not that big of a deal, since if you look closely, you can see who said what.  However, if folks have quoted and quoted, it will look pretty crazy, resulting in it appearing someone quoted something they didn't.  Best thing to do if you see a quote stack messing up is to stop quoting it.  It only gets worse from there.  It takes way too much time to try to sit and sort the quotes out and edit them, and sometimes it seems to get even worse.     Our late moderator "2NJ" used to actually enjoy fixing quotes.  She said she liked puzzles.  Well, messed up quotes are a puzzle alright.   
i figured. Thx muffy!
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #677 on: October 18, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »

i figured. Thx muffy!
off topic, but what ever happened to cappucino? I havent seen her post since the casey anthony injustice.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: October 18, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »

kcru - I have no idea what happened to Capp, she just quit posting.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: October 18, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »

A Girl’s Neighbors Are Left to Grieve and Fear a Predator in Their Midst
Posted on October 17, 2012

<snipped>

On Monday, the principal at Arvada K-8, a nearby school, sent parents a letter saying that a student reported she had been approached by a goateed man in his 30s wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. In mid-September, school officials warned parents of two attempted abductions, one by a man offering candy if a child got into his car.

<snipped>

http://www.99linkedin.com/a-girls-neighbors-are-left-to-grieve-and-fear-a-predator-in-their-midst/

Did Sarah not receive the letter?

Monkeys ... Last night I struggled for a long while after turning in about my inability to feel compassion for Sarah ... only anger for allowing Jessica to walk out that home ALONE on the morning of October 5th.

Taking the warning letter to parents from the Johnson School District is taken into consideration ... I want to ask the Moms and Grandmas on the forum if compassion would be afforded Sarah IF she was your 10 year old daughter/grandaughter's caregiver and ... it was your 10 year old little daughter/grandaughter's dismembered body that was found discared in that open space seven miles away.

If the answer is in the affirmative ... obviously I still have some serious soul searching to do in regards to why I cannot feel the same.

Maybe if Sarah would take personal responsibility and acknowledge that she was wrong for not taking that September Johnson School District seriously rather than insisting "Our neighborhood is safe." ... my heart would soften.

Thank you.

Janet

+++++

Police Not Ruling Out Possible Connection To Attempted Abduction Suspect
October 11, 2012 8:15 PM

Police in Arvada have been investigating two cases of attempted abduction since Sept. 9. Now police in Westminster are taking a closer look at the case to see if there is a connection to Jessica’s disappearance.

On that day a child was approached by a stranger near Quaker Acres Park in Arvada near Warder Elementary School. The stranger allegedly offered candy and asked the child to come to his car.

Three days later another child was approached by a similar stranger offering candy at Fitzmorris Elementary School. ...

On Sept. 14 Jefferson County School District sent a letter to parents warning them of the situation with the attempted abductions.

In both instances the children ran away and told adults what had happened.

<snipped>

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/police-not-ruling-out-possible-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

Full Video: Family of Jessica Ridgeway makes first public statement
Posted on: 3:40 pm, October 9, 2012

<snipped>

The family also described the community from which Jessica was taken. They called it a safe place — one so safe, in fact, that most of the children in the neighborhood made the mile-and-a-half walk to Witt Elementary School together every morning.

“Our neighborhood is safe,” Sarah said. “The kids go down and play at the park all the time. I’ve never seen anybody suspicions. There have never been burglaries".

<snipped>

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.