May 13, 2024, 01:24:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 - 2/25/10  (Read 552016 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #820 on: February 18, 2010, 07:07:39 PM »

I'll be back later.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: February 18, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »

Thanks TxMom and Buckeye.

So sporter shaved his head so he would be less recognizeable?  Monkey Devil!

I thought he was the one with greyish "puff" jacket with back to camera (facing Anita).

Maybe that is Val...

Yes I agree with Klaas on Joran, Val is in the gray jacket; and Sebastian is in the blue and maroon shirt.  JMO

Where is Paulus?  Checked like baggage?

Do you think they've waited this long to bring his body to Holland?  It's been over a week.   I think the funeral home that will be in charge would be responsible for picking the body up at the airport.  Just a guess.

And a good guess too!!
But I'll bet Paulus isn't far ahead of them.
We had heard that the memorial was to be on the 19th at Boxtel.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: February 18, 2010, 07:53:45 PM »

I came across the following.  Maybe it has already been posted.

Janet

++++++

WITNESS - HOME

Posted by Glenda at RU

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: February 18, 2010, 07:54:42 PM »

I think....

Who is the guy in the white hair? Is he in this picture too?

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: February 18, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »

Blonde - I'm not sure if he's on Anita's side or Paulus's side but a relative for sure.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:04 PM »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/awards/news/e3ia3e3c4472acac5d9d9dae25136d8212e

'Crazy Heart' among Prism Awards noms
Film's stars Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal also cited

By Alex Ben Block

Feb 18, 2010, 06:27 PM ET
Sony Pictures Entertainment earned 11 nods to lead all studios and networks nominated for the 14th annual Prism Awards, which honor TV shows and movies that address issues related to drug, alcohol and tobacco use; mental illness; bipolar disorder; depression; and suicide.

Among the top feature film nominees are "Crazy Heart," "Brothers," "Julia," "Answer Man," "A Single Man" and "The Soloist."

Oscar-nominated Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal ("Crazy Heart") are nominated for performance in a feature film along with Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx ("The Soloist") and Tobey Maguire ("Brothers").

"The Simpsons," which has won in the past, is nominated once again for comedy series episode along with "Glee," "How I Met Your Mother," "Monk" and "United States of Tara."

Nominees for performance in a comedy series are Dan Castellanetta ("The Simpsons"), Toni Collette ("United States of Tara"), Hector Elizondo and Tony Shalhoub ("Monk") and Neil Patrick Harris ("How I Met Your Mother").

More awards coverage   
Dramatic nominees include "The Cleaner," "ER," "Hawthorne," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Leverage," "CSI: Miami," "House," "Law & Order," "Lie to Me" and "Mental."

For dramas with a multi-episode story line, the nominees include "Breaking Bad," "Grey's Anatomy," "In Treatment," "Nurse Jackie" and "Private Practice."

Among miniseries and TV movies, nominees include "America," "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story," "Grey Gardens," "Natalee Holloway" and "Prayers for Bobby."

The awards are presented by the Entertainment Industries Council, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and the FX cable TV network. Nominees were announced Thursday by EIC CEO Brian Dyak.

"This year's nominees are a remarkable mix of popular entertainment that also have a message," said John Landgraf, president and GM of FX and chairman of the Prism Awards Honorary Committee.

A complete list of nominations can be found on the next page.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:24 PM »

Blonde - I'm not sure if he's on Anita's side or Paulus's side but a relative for sure.

He and the girl look like Paulus's brother and his niece that were in Haiti. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

Hi AZSunny.

Hey ... I agree.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: February 18, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman - April 7, 2008
- The odd thing, is that he is being highly inconsistent. What he says with me in private and what he says to others, particularly in public (press, meetings, and recently on BFN) is completely different. In early February I told John that I believed we were being played as puppets, and being purposefully kept in the dark about the investigation after the Jan-7th dive. I also told him that I thought the trap was case significant and that an internal investigation on both the suspects and those involved in the investigation was inevitable, and likely going on behind the scenes even while we continued searching. He took a couple weeks, and came to me and said that he agreed after a meeting with Mos and Richardson!!!

Kermit

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:27 PM »

Clicked on this in my bookmarks by mistake

http://cartoons.diberardo.com/recent-political-cartoon/girl-murdered.php

published 06|07|05

Search continues for teen missing in Aruba

Government workers join hunt for Alabama woman

Tuesday, June 7, 2005 Posted: 9:37 AM EDT (1337 GMT)

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (CNN) -- The search for Natalee Holloway will resume Tuesday in Aruba, a day after government employees joined police, Dutch marines and FBI agents in the search for the 18-year-old Alabama student.

Holloway vanished more than a week ago on the Caribbean island.

Authorities said some searchers focused Monday on the eastern tip of the island, the same area searched Sunday by Dutch marines.

The area is also near the oil refining town of San Nicolas, where two hotel security guards were arrested Sunday morning in connection with Holloway's disappearance.

The security guards were charged with crimes related to Holloway's disappearance, but details of the charges have not been made public. Authorities will hold the men for at least two days, Aruba chief prosecutor Karen Janssen said Sunday.

Janssen also said she has requested FBI dive teams to help search craggy areas of Aruba's coast.

An FBI spokesman in Miami, Florida, said earlier reports that bureau divers would join the search Monday were in error, as was a report that its agents assisted in Sunday's arrests.

Seven FBI agents from Miami are in Aruba, including two divers and evidence collection and analysis experts, and one agent has come from Barbados, the spokesman said.

Police Chief Jan van Strantan said the two men arrested are security guards at the Hotel Allegro, which is near the Holiday Inn where Holloway was staying.

Police spent much of Saturday at the hotel, which is undergoing renovations.

At a Sunday news conference, van Strantan said police and the FBI determined that bloodstains found on a mattress near the site of the men's arrests were from a dog.

Van Strantan said authorities have not found any of Holloway's possessions among items seized.

A tip led police to the men, who were under "interrogation," and others may be arrested, Janssen said.

The men, ages 28 and 30, were not among the three men in whose company Holloway was last seen.

Carla Caccavale, a spokeswoman for Holloway's family, said police had briefed them earlier Monday but not given out any new information.

"They believe that Natalee is still here, on the island, alive, somewhere on the island," she said. "And that is the family's belief right now. They are not considering any other option."

In an interview with CNN, Holloway's stepfather, George "Jug" Twitty, described the past week as "an emotional roller coaster," and added that the family has "done everything we can do." He and the girl's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, have vowed not to leave the island until Holloway is found.

"We just try to be strong and we pray and we try to prepare ourselves, we just hope that the best happens," Twitty said.

Holloway last seen leaving club

Holloway -- from the affluent Birmingham, Alabama, suburb of Mountain Brook -- was last seen about 1:30 a.m. May 30 leaving Carlos 'n' Charlie's, an Oranjestad nightclub.

Witnesses said she left in a car with three local men between the ages of 18 and 25.

Authorities said they talked to the three men who left with her. The men said they took Holloway to Arashi Beach before leaving her at her hotel about 2 a.m., authorities said.

Holloway's uncle, Paul Reynolds, said he was told security cameras did not show his niece returning to the hotel that night, according to an Associated Press report. Police declined to comment on that report, the AP said.

"We're still looking, we're still hoping she's alive," Rudie Soemers, police night watch commander, told CNN.

Rewards and yellow ribbons

Holloway was on the trip to Aruba -- a self-governing island off Venezuela under the protection of the Netherlands -- with about 100 Mountain Brook High School students to celebrate graduation.

The girl's aunt, Marcia Twitty, said the Holloway family believes the parent chaperones on the Aruba trip did all they could.

Holloway is a straight-A student and a member of the National Honor Society and the school's dance team. She has an academic scholarship to the University of Alabama. (Profile)

A reward of $55,000 has been donated by the Aruban Tourist Board and government, Holloway's family and an anonymous donor.

The family has asked members of the Mountain Brook community to post yellow ribbons in her honor. In addition, area youths are making bracelets. Daily prayer services are being held for Holloway.

She is described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 110 pounds. People with any information are encouraged to call a tip line at 1-877-628-2533.

CNN's Karl Penhaul contributed to this report.

canadian political cartoon home >
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28:39 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
crazybabyborg
« Reply #831 on: February 19, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »

What am I missing? I've watched and watched that airport video and I haven't seen Joran even acting like he's crying.   

Yeah, that's definitely Joran with the shaved head. Maybe he shaved it because he had cooties. (Do we have a fingers crossed emoticon?)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:39 AM »

Hi AZSunny!  Do you mean Kees and Marianne Vandersloot?  Or Toon and Marianne Vandersloot?  From my understanding Toon helped raise money for his cousin Kees's missionary work in Haiti.  But I don't think I've read that Toon was in Haiti.  I could have missed it though.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-383202?ref=feeds/latest

http://www.brabantscentrum.nl/oud_archief_2010/nieuws/1003_sloot.htm

snip:

The missionary, who last year spent in Boxtel to a reunion of the family Van der Sloot to attend, is from Port-au-Prince announced that the city is a huge need for medication. ,, That we thus raise funds and ensure that the very poorest inhabitants of the city can be helped, "says Toon van der Sloot. His cousin in Haiti has always fought for the people who have nothing. ,, Besides helping disadvantaged young brothers managed the sister of Theresa in Port-au-Prince a kind of hospice, which also the poorest area was worthy to die. "

Toon Vandersloot (far left)

http://www.brabantscentrum.info/oud_archief_2009/nieuws/0916_arnoldus.htm

I don't have a really good picture of Toon, but he and his cousin Kees look a lot alike from what I can tell.

Marianne is Toon's daughter.

This is where I posted about them earlier.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7018.msg1076244#msg1076244

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: February 19, 2010, 01:11:45 AM »

I do plan to post the family information I've gathered into a separate thread, but I wanted to save more of the pictures to my photobucket before posting them there; in case the links are broken at some point.  I just haven't had time to do it yet.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: February 19, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »

Hi Magnolia!   

How are all the babies?   

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: February 19, 2010, 01:29:24 AM »

Hi Magnolia!   

How are all the babies?   

Simply adorable.  They look like fat little piggys.
I have had car trouble...will see if I can get a camera in the next day or two.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #836 on: February 19, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »

I thought Joran looked very thin, but he had new white tennis shoes (2 of them)

The white haired man looks like Paulus' older brother.  He looks like the responsible
one who takes care of everyone. 
He looks too tall to be Toon or Kees.  I am thinking that Toon and Kees are Paulus'
uncles.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:54 AM »

Hi Magnolia!   

How are all the babies?   

Simply adorable.  They look like fat little piggys.
I have had car trouble...will see if I can get a camera in the next day or two.

I'm sorry you're having car trouble!  But I'm glad the babies are doing so good!   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #838 on: February 19, 2010, 02:02:48 AM »

Hi Magnolia! How are the pups? You can tell them that Grandma's all ready for St Pat's Day!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/St%20Pat/magnolia.gif
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: February 19, 2010, 02:06:48 AM »

For those who would like to keep a candle burning for Natalee, and her family.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.