May 07, 2024, 08:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - Casey Sentencing Day 7/7/11  (Read 513153 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1860 on: July 08, 2011, 01:43:36 AM »

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/americas/2011/07/08/309126/Casey-Anthony.htm

Casey Anthony verdict shocks US

Great.  As if the reputation of the US needed further mockery.  Now we've got the "China Post" reporting on the Acquittal of a Murder. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1861 on: July 08, 2011, 01:44:56 AM »

Fla. Caylee’s Law in the works

MANATEE -- State Rep. Bill Hager, R-Boca Raton, is sponsoring a bill dubbed Caylee’s Law in reaction to the Casey Anthony trial.

If passed in the next legislative session, the law would make it a felony not to report a missing child to law enforcement.

“The purpose of my bill is two fold,” Hager said. “First to provide another arrow in the prosecutor’s quiver, in terms of prosecuting such matters in the future and number two, to remind all parents and guardians they need to immediately report a missing child.”

::snipping2::

http://www.bradenton.com/2011/07/08/3331699/fla-caylees-law-in-the-works.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1862 on: July 08, 2011, 01:51:58 AM »

Capitol Briefs

Second lawmaker plans to file ‘Caylee's Law'

Sen. Greg Treat on Thursday became the second legislator in as many days to announce plans to sponsor legislation that would make it a felony for adults not to report a child who is missing or dead.

http://newsok.com/article/3583581
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1863 on: July 08, 2011, 01:58:27 AM »

Talent Agency Decides Not to Represent Casey Anthony Lawyer Jose Baez (Exclusive)Paradigm had signed the lawyer Thursday afternoon.

Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez has been dropped by the talent agency that signed him earlier Thursday.

Sources tell THR that the Paradigm agency has decided not to represent the controversial attorney despite announcing Thursday that it had signed Baez and would be handling him in areas including broadcasting, books, film and TV movie rights.

Sources within the agency did not provide a reason why Baez would not be represented there, but an email went around the agency Thursday night stating, "We have informed Jose Baez tonight that we will not be representing him."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/risky-business/talent-agency-decides-not-represent-208992
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #1864 on: July 08, 2011, 02:03:33 AM »

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9834307/

Raleigh publicist reps Casey Anthony juror

“People now dislike the jury because they didn’t give the public the verdict they want,” Rick French, chief executive of French, West and Vaughn public relations, told WRAL News on Thursday

Nope.  You got it wrong, Rick.  People are pi$$ed because the jury didn't follow the rule of law.  They voted on their emotions and desire to go home.  Of course they also saw $, but didn't realize how passionately the public would react to this injustice.

I hope all the jurors have to spend all their money hiring publicist, etc and don't make a dime.  Karma!

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1865 on: July 08, 2011, 02:04:29 AM »

Talent Agency Decides Not to Represent Casey Anthony Lawyer Jose Baez (Exclusive)Paradigm had signed the lawyer Thursday afternoon.

Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez has been dropped by the talent agency that signed him earlier Thursday.

Sources tell THR that the Paradigm agency has decided not to represent the controversial attorney despite announcing Thursday that it had signed Baez and would be handling him in areas including broadcasting, books, film and TV movie rights.

Sources within the agency did not provide a reason why Baez would not be represented there, but an email went around the agency Thursday night stating, "We have informed Jose Baez tonight that we will not be representing him."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/risky-business/talent-agency-decides-not-represent-208992
The Power of the People will be heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1866 on: July 08, 2011, 02:13:13 AM »

Love the comments under the article 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1867 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:26 AM »

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/casey-anthony-verdict-inspires-new-documentary-film--reality-series-125198794.html

Casey Anthony Verdict Inspires New Documentary Film & Reality Series

NEW YORK, July 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- I Wanna Be On®, the innovative social media research and production company, is joining the national debate on the recent Casey Anthony verdict with some informative entertainment programming.

Vincent Presti, a practicing attorney, has been closely following the case and believes that the Casey Anthony phenomenon is not an isolated incident. Over the last year, he has accumulated numerous stories from husbands, boyfriends, and families that have suffered from women, like Casey Anthony, that appear to play victim to garner sympathy, while they are operating as the real victimizers

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1868 on: July 08, 2011, 02:19:22 AM »

Some of you were posting about TMZ and the celebrity they are making of Casey so I wandered over there and found this:

And Willie Nelson may be facing up to a year in jail for weed possession ...

Wowsa.  So, smoke a little weed and get a year.  Kill your child and go free.  WHAT IS WRONG HERE?!?

Someone needs to compile a list of small-time offenders with large sentences vs. Casey and her paltry few days and send it to, ummm...gosh, I don't know...who IS in charge of punishment in this country?

Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1869 on: July 08, 2011, 02:20:39 AM »

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!  Send Paradigm a Klondike bar.
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1870 on: July 08, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/americas/2011/07/08/309126/Casey-Anthony.htm

Casey Anthony verdict shocks US

Great.  As if the reputation of the US needed further mockery.  Now we've got the "China Post" reporting on the Acquittal of a Murder. 

What about their reputation?  Chinese mothers abort and kill their infant baby girls all the time.

http://www.taliacarner.com/deadnewborningutter.html

Casey would fit in quite well in China.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1871 on: July 08, 2011, 02:39:36 AM »

Some of you were posting about TMZ and the celebrity they are making of Casey so I wandered over there and found this:

Wowsa.  So, smoke a little weed and get a year.  Kill your child and go free.  WHAT IS WRONG HERE?!?

Someone needs to compile a list of small-time offenders with large sentences vs. Casey and her paltry few days and send it to, ummm...gosh, I don't know...who IS in charge of punishment in this country?

Michael Vick served 2 years for maltreatment of his dogs and dog fighting! Think about that. I'll bet the jury did not have a video that showed his cruelty to the dogs and they probably did not know the cause of death for the dogs that were killed. Yet, they were able to deliberate and send Vick to prison! This defenseless baby was killed and dumped in a swamp and the jury could not do what they were charged to do. Outrageous!! 

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1872 on: July 08, 2011, 02:39:39 AM »

Wish Kyron could be found also
Oh yes...How in the world do these women get away with these crimes?

They lie

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1873 on: July 08, 2011, 02:42:59 AM »

Michael Vick served 2 years for maltreatment of his dogs and dog fighting! Think about that. I'll bet the jury did not have a video that showed his cruelty to the dogs and they probably did not know the cause of death for the dogs that were killed. Yet, they were able to deliberate and send Vick to prison! This defenseless baby was killed and dumped in a swamp and the jury could not do what they were charged to do. Outrageous!! 

Excellent point!

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
TnMuse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1874 on: July 08, 2011, 02:53:07 AM »

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/397/petition-for-the-federal-government-to-prosecute-casey-anthony/

The Federal Prosecution's office recently stated that a case must be brought to them in order to take action. Double Jeopardy does not apply if federal charges are filed against Casey for violating the civil rights of her child; she can receive a life sentence if convicted. Anyone who waits a month to report their child missing has violated his or her civil rights. Sign the petition and repost!!

Petition For The Federal Government To Prosecute Casey Anthony

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/casey-anthony-will-be-released_n_891905.html#s303265&title=Casey_Anthony_Verdict

There has been some speculation online that she could be tried in federal court for violating the civil rights of her child, but Bremner said that is not possible.

"You can only violate someone's civil rights if you're acting on behalf of the government," [famed Seattle attorney Anne] Bremner explained. "The violation would have to have been committed by law enforcement, the state or some other government agency."

I'm afraid there is another reason this won't work.  The whole case is at this url, but the gist is that a deceased person has no civil rights.  It was stated in several ways, below is just one of the statements by the court.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/606/248/441248/
Snip
There is no indication that Congress intended the Civil Rights Act to provide a cause of action for representatives to recover on behalf of a deceased for actions committed after the deceased's death.
snip

But maybe something like this could be added to "Caylee's Law"?  Penalty is doubled if the person responsible for not reporting the child missing disposed of their body in an improper manner?
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1875 on: July 08, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »

Outstanding!    
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1876 on: July 08, 2011, 03:35:38 AM »

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20110707/APN/1107071032

Ala. lawmaker plans response to Anthony verdict

Another state reacting to Caylee's  missing 31 days.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1877 on: July 08, 2011, 05:09:55 AM »

Casey wants nothing to do with her parents now.

So - I am going to take a wild shot at this:

Here's how it goes down?

Mallory leaves Lee because he wants Casey to come home to live with them.

Mallory's head explodes and she leaves.

Lee gains a new lawyer.

Casey gets released 7/17.

Has to stay in Orange County.

Casey moves in with her 'bro bro' Lee. (singing so happy togetherrrrrr)

Lee no longer feels "left out"

They live happily ever after?

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1878 on: July 08, 2011, 05:19:36 AM »

Why would Lee need another lawyer? Why would he need one anyways? I don't think I will ever get this family. I am so glad other states are going to be passing bills because of this case. This jury couldn't comprehend the instructions and did not want to be bothered. Makes me so mad.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1879 on: July 08, 2011, 05:35:07 AM »

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!  Send Paradigm a Klondike bar.

Confucius say - Winning at all cost, cost a rot!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.