May 14, 2024, 07:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #54 1/21/10 - 6/18/10  (Read 545369 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1520 on: May 01, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »

We are now under a Tornado watch until 5am Sunday.  IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG NIGHT.  Also a flood warning for our local river. 

I was just looking at the site http://www.nws.noaa.gov/     I hope everyone can stay safe until the morning. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1521 on: May 02, 2010, 12:18:47 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPoS5ST6hXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PPoS5ST6hXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1522 on: May 02, 2010, 12:27:26 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPoS5ST6hXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PPoS5ST6hXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

More like "Kentucky Rain".   

I am off to bed--we just went thru a severe thunderstorm and some more behind it but they are saying mostly heavy rains and thunderstorms.  I need some sleep.  See ya, bye.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1523 on: May 02, 2010, 04:21:22 AM »

Thanks Klaas  Loved it

Blue Moon Prayers you stay safe. I am worried about CBB by the looks of the storm tacking on the weather channel it is headed in her direction.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1524 on: May 02, 2010, 05:19:13 AM »

I saw this video on YouTube also but the end is not there.  I don't know how to bring this over from the site but I really wanted you to see the whole thing.

Dog rescues other dog at great peril to himself:

http://www.toxicjunction.com/get.asp?i=v4876

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1525 on: May 02, 2010, 05:35:50 AM »

I saw this video on YouTube also but the end is not there.  I don't know how to bring this over from the site but I really wanted you to see the whole thing.

Dog rescues other dog at great peril to himself:

http://www.toxicjunction.com/get.asp?i=v4876

Thank You Bearly

Some times I wonder why we humans are considered the intelligent ones. When it seems the "animal world" shows more compassion and intelligence with their actions every day. Maybe I need to get some sleep

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1526 on: May 02, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »

Prayers for all you monkeys in TN, the rain is relentless!!! Stay safe & we're thinking of you!    an angelic monkey Today we're supposed to get more tornadoes  why can't it just be Spring without all this other crap!  Love you all! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1527 on: May 02, 2010, 09:42:14 AM »

Prayers for all you monkeys in TN, the rain is relentless!!! Stay safe & we're thinking of you!    an angelic monkey Today we're supposed to get more tornadoes  why can't it just be Spring without all this other crap!  Love you all! 

Monken stay safe.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1528 on: May 02, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/05/02/severe-flooding-in-middle-tennessee-5-dead-nashville-highways-underwater-national-guard-called-in-for-help/

Severe Flooding in Middle Tennessee, 5 Dead, Nashville Highways Underwater … National Guard Called In for Help
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1529 on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/05/02/severe-flooding-in-middle-tennessee-5-dead-nashville-highways-underwater-national-guard-called-in-for-help/

Severe Flooding in Middle Tennessee, 5 Dead, Nashville Highways Underwater … National Guard Called In for Help

Thanks for this post.  It is UNREAL is all I can say.  My road is blocked with water over the road in one direction, in the other direction same thing, only leaves one other way out and it was open barely this morning when my son went out to work in the next county.  I am extremely worried about him out in this and the drive home as the creeks and rivers are overflowing.  I slept for about 5 hours and the sirens woke me up at 5am.  It is still raining (we are about 60 miles north of Nashville) but it starting to calm down a little.  I have still not been able to get in contact with my friend in Memphis.  I am very worried about her at the moment.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1530 on: May 02, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

Hi BlueMoon - it looks horrible.  I hope you hear from your friend in Memphis soon.  Maybe she's just too busy to check messages.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1531 on: May 02, 2010, 01:23:26 PM »

Hi BlueMoon - it looks horrible.  I hope you hear from your friend in Memphis soon.  Maybe she's just too busy to check messages.

Thanks.  I know Memphis has had it bad and lots without power so hopefully everything is fine with her.  Just will worry until I hear from her though.  I have to go out shortly to the drug store, am not looking forward to it.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1532 on: May 02, 2010, 02:07:53 PM »

The weather channel next 48 hours precipitation map shows most of the country having some rain. 

I hope everyone stays safe....here in NJ we were cold with the heat on this past Wednesday and now trying to acclimate to the 90 plus temps today.  Rain is predicted, too, but it doesn't look like it will be as bad as TN, AR, etc.

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/severenow/floater6_large.html

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1533 on: May 02, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »

The Weather here in Michigan " Metro" has been strange - Its either full Sun radiant within one moment ..then it turns gray with winds whipping .. back at Sun again. It rained here early this morning. Nothing to speak of, was a gentle rain.  You can almost smell the indifference " In the Air" of the weather " even here". Even though we have not experienced any harmful weather.
It's a quirky feeling ~ and with the feeling I can smell it ..strange but true. I live in a low line and we are lucky not to feel the worst of the worst of my surrounding area. Not to say I can't be within a strike of spring storms.

Mother Nature at her finest. Unpredictable.

My Daughter when she was in 3rd grade - her teacher told her class to Watch the trees - That Tree's are the first to " feel" - along with the birds. The trees can predict the weather before any human. To be mindful - and to watch the leaves on trees - if the Tree's leaves turn over and show their underside - pale side " Its time to take cover or get ready for ? ..that something is coming. Minor or extreme. Birds as well are instant indicators of bad weather - they stop chirping and fly away. All becomes silent.

Praying for all Monkeys in the area's of Storms.   
 an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1534 on: May 03, 2010, 07:51:23 AM »

The video below tells a heart warming story of a 'service dog'  and what he became..... I know everyone will love this one >>

http://dogsrock.tv/featured/from-service-dog-to-surfice-dog/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1535 on: May 03, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »

I don't know her personally
She posted this
 Is in a lot of pain this morning. Praying that God will take it from me and ease my mind so that hopefully I can make it through another agonizing day.

I am so so tired and so sick.I don't know if I can make it through another da
y.

Blonde - I worry that she is living in a fantasy world and I just don't want you to feel compelled to do something for someone you cannot help.  Especially since you don't really know her.

UPDATE
He has called her he got hooked on his meds and now is in rehab..
He will be staying in this hospital for a while.
She can go see him once a week?

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:51 AM »

I don't know her personally
She posted this
 Is in a lot of pain this morning. Praying that God will take it from me and ease my mind so that hopefully I can make it through another agonizing day.

I am so so tired and so sick.I don't know if I can make it through another da
y.

Blonde - I worry that she is living in a fantasy world and I just don't want you to feel compelled to do something for someone you cannot help.  Especially since you don't really know her.

UPDATE
He has called her he got hooked on his meds and now is in rehab..
He will be staying in this hospital for a while.
She can go see him once a week?

Blonde - maybe I've become too much of a cynic but none of what she is saying rings true to me.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1537 on: May 03, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »

Hi Monkeys,

This is O.T. I felt it important. 

I know most of you are well aware of http://www.criminalsearches.com/.

A roofer came by (recommended by a neighbor) and wanted to give me an estimate for a job, I did a background
search and the guy has a very bad history (including home modeling) which according to criminal search he also
was in jail for drugs.

A lot of owners of businesses have criminal backgrounds, so it is wise to be do a background check, the workers
are another story, IDK how you can do a complete and total search if their are other workers involved.

The red flag is when he saw a couple TV's in the basement and wanted them for a Tag Sale. Who goes to a tag sale
looking for a TV? 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1538 on: May 03, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »

No such thing as off topic in musings 

HEre is a time log update on the flooding

Cumberland River expected to crest at 51.5 feet 

1:25 p.m.: Metro police have cleared all pedestrians from Second Avenue, echoing the request through megaphones with urgency in their voices. Police have asked pedestrians — many of whom appear to be tourists — to remain at or behind Third Avenue and Broadway. There is water covering First Avenue, and it may continue to rise as the day progresses.

12:45 p.m.: Metro has established damage assessment teams that began scouring the city Monday morning to take stock of damage to city buildings and infrastructure.

According to Dean, the offices of the public defender and the district attorney, the Juvenile Justice Center, Old Hickory Library and Frederick Douglass Head Start Facility have sustained "significant" flood damage.

12:35 p.m.: Officials expected the Cumberland to crest at 51.5 feet around noon today. The waters flooded over the banks and have flowed into the downtown area. Residents on 1st Avenue have been evacuated; floodwaters were close to a story high in at least one downtown condo building.

This doesn't mean flooding is going to stop when the river crests. The National Weather Service predicts flooding to continue for at least the next 24 hours, to be followed by a gradual decrease beginning Tuesday night.

12:30 p.m.: The Nashville Electric Service reports that, at the storm's height, 42,000 people were without power. That number is now around 14,000. NES has also taken some flooded areas and buildings offline, including the Pinnacle building, MetroCenter, the LP Field substation, Schermerhorn, and the Market Row condos.

NES lost 37 trucks — including 19 bucket trucks — as well as tools linemen and women use for repairs, CEO and President Decosta Jenkins said. Its West Service Center is flooded and offline.

There are 29 NES crews and 30 private contractors working 12-hour shifts to restore power. Jenkins said he expects the city to be back at full power within a few days.

12:05 p.m.: FOP lodge opens as a rest and recovery center for police officers

The Fraternal of Police has opened the Jerry Atnip Lodge Hall for relief and recovery of police officers.

“Our police officers and all of the emergency services in Nashville have done heroic work since the beginning of the flooding in the city,” Sgt. Robert O Weaver, president of the FOP in Nashville. “This is an effort to begin to respond to the responders.”

The FOP has been in contact with the National FOP Disaster Relief Committee to provide assistance once we determine what the needs of officers are. The Lodge is also open to receive donations for police officers and police families as needed. The Lodge is located at 440 Welshwood Dr and can be reached at 831-2464.

“We do know that we have officers who have been in difficult situations for several hours and they may not even know what their own losses are,” Weaver said. “The FOP is ready to assist officers in Nashville.”

The FOP is working in conjunction with emergency services to provide assistance to first responders in Nashville.

11:40 a.m.: The Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management has confirmed a total of six fatalities in Davidson County that are thought to be flood related.

The body of Robert Woods, 74, was recovered Monday morning near his West Hamilton Avenue home. He was reportedly in his yard yesterday when he was swept away by flood waters.

The body of Joshua Landtroop, 21, of Valley Way, was recovered Sunday near Bell Road and Blue Hole Road. He was swept away by flood waters in the area Saturday.

Andrew J. England, 78, and Martha England, 80, were found deceased Sunday evening inside their 908 Delray Drive home. They are believed to be the victims of a flash flood.

Two bodies were recovered Sunday from a vehicle found upside down in standing water on Sawyer Brown Road. Joseph Formosa, 88, and Bessie Formosa, 78, of Sawyer Brown Road attempted to drive across the flooded roadway when their vehicle was swept away.

Also, at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, three men tied inner tubes together to “raft” on Mill Creek. A short time later, the inner tubes broke apart near the Mill Creek Bridge. A 19-year-old man managed to swim ashore. The other two men are missing.

11:35 a.m. Red Cross offers home cleanup advice. Nonprofit offers tips to begin the cleanup process for entering and repairing a flooded home.

11:20 a.m.: Franklin officials say the city’s water is safe to drink.

The water supplied by both the city’s water system and the utility districts that supply water to residents, are useable and drinkable. Officials have no plans to shut off the water supply to residents.

The city of Franklin’s Waste Water system is reaching its limit, but is still able to operate. Residents are asked to be conservative with their consumption of water. Limiting activities such as laundry, showers, and using dishwashers, will help conserve the City’s waste water supply and allow the system time to recover.

As a precaution, residents are encouraged to fill a couple of jugs or bottles of water. Having extra water on hand is a good practice in weather emergencies.

11:15 a.m.: Fifty Davidson County Sheriff’s Office inmates will start bagging approximately 72 tons of sand at the Correctional Services Division warehouse, 5117 Harding Place, at noon today. The more than 10,000 bags will be distributed, upon request to Metro Public Works or the Office of Emergency Management, to various places throughout the city.

11:05 a.m.: With the Cumberland River overflowing its banks to at record levels, Davidson County emergency workers have begun evacuating parts of downtown Nashville.

The mandatory evacuation is affecting buildings along First Avenue.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/2010-flood/open-thread-cumberland-river-expected-crest-515-feet

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: May 03, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »

Petey got a new swimming pool and he's not sure what to make of it    Click on the picture below for a short video 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.