May 21, 2024, 03:46:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 515132 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #740 on: March 02, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »

Edward -

Was the murder weapon found in his truck / car? caked with Chelsea's DNA...

one  for yes

two  for no

Maybe a DNA bomb went off in his vehicle.. We will ALL have to wait and see..

So I pick... one  for yes .. At least for now.

gracias muchísimo - cuando sospeché

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: March 02, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

I ASSUME..
When he was arrested at the restaurant his transportation to the restaurant was confiscated.

Charges of rape and murder followed..

2+2=4 no matter how you add it up. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: March 02, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »

So I found where he "may" have gone to school. Rim of the world in Lake Arrowhead. You don't think he would take her body all of the way up there do you?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: March 02, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »

Here is my opinion on chemical castration. I don't think it will stop this sort of crime. It would make us feel better but rape is not a sexually motivating crime, it has nothing to do with sex but about power. Over powering someone sexually is the most intense way of taking from that person this is why they use it. If they could not use their body part to have sex with their victim they would use something else. Their motivation is power and their drive comes from anger not sexual need. Anyway, that is just my opinion...
So true Tracy! I guess I just want all of this to stop and I mean stop now. I am angry and frustrated. I understand every case it is different. I am not interested in the 18 year old who is caught having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend. He in my opinion is not the problem. I know nothing will completely prevent this from happening. What can we do to prevent this thing from happening? What needs to change? I hate that I can't even let my 12 and 7 year old boys go to the bathroom at chuckee cheese without being right outside the door. I feel safe in my town but still never let my guard down no matter where we are whether it is church, school or park. I hate that we have to live this way.

I am not sure if there is one easy answer to change this, I think a lot of things needs to change but one major thing? I think as a society we need to take the power back. We (society) are allowing this to happen. jmo
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #744 on: March 02, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »

A friend at work was just telling me about an incident at the Westwood Club (very, very near the yard of his mom's home) with a peeping tom about a year ago, and that the guy was chased away by lifeguards. Once she saw him the other day on the news she said it looked like JAG. So it's being reported.  A comment from a local from WS. God only knows what this creature has all been doing.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: March 02, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »

So I found where he "may" have gone to school. Rim of the world in Lake Arrowhead. You don't think he would take her body all of the way up there do you?

Sebastian does this persons birthday match up? There is another person in that area that has a similar name, John A. Gardner, the middle name is different though and the birthday is in June and not April.
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: March 02, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »

Here is my opinion on chemical castration. I don't think it will stop this sort of crime. It would make us feel better but rape is not a sexually motivating crime, it has nothing to do with sex but about power. Over powering someone sexually is the most intense way of taking from that person this is why they use it. If they could not use their body part to have sex with their victim they would use something else. Their motivation is power and their drive comes from anger not sexual need. Anyway, that is just my opinion...

I have seen different numbers, but they tend around 90% reduction in recidivism.  Not 100% but better than now.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: March 02, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »

Latest on Chelsea King from Greg Bledsoe - No new info from sheriff's, there are a lot of volunteers lining up to help at the search center.
4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/nbcsandiego
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: March 02, 2010, 03:26:39 PM »

Sebastian does this persons birthday match up? There is another person in that area that has a similar name, John A. Gardner, the middle name is different though and the birthday is in June and not April.

Hi Tracy,
I don't have a classmates.com, do you? It would not give me much except that there was a John Gardner who went to school in Lake Arrowhead from 93-97. The only reason I thought it might be him was because he was arrested in 1998 up in Twin Peaks. We have a cabin up in that area and Twin Peaks is a little community in Lake Arrowhead. I do have an ancestry.com account and I found a John A. Gardner Jr from  that was born in Overton NE the same year. Weird that I could not get anything else on him AT ALL at ancestry.com. I am thinking that maybe he was adopted by his step-dad? and took his name after his birth?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: March 02, 2010, 03:26:51 PM »

if you cut off one big toe on each foot and one thumb on each hand and then there nuts.
They will not give anyone any trouble because they wont be able to run after anyone and they wont be able to grab anyone and just in-case they fall on someone nothing will work.

Problem solved.

The message brought to you by citizens against chemicals. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: March 02, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »

Edward -

one  for yes

two  for no

IMO for them to charge him with rape and murder they have to have something other than rape evidence.  Whether that's her blood in his vehicle or a weapon is anyones guess at this point but I would imagine they MUST have something for a murder charge.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »

Tracy,
I am going over to send you nanners and then I have to go back to work for a bit.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: March 02, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »

So true Tracy! I guess I just want all of this to stop and I mean stop now. I am angry and frustrated. I understand every case it is different. I am not interested in the 18 year old who is caught having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend. He in my opinion is not the problem. I know nothing will completely prevent this from happening. What can we do to prevent this thing from happening? What needs to change? I hate that I can't even let my 12 and 7 year old boys go to the bathroom at chuckee cheese without being right outside the door. I feel safe in my town but still never let my guard down no matter where we are whether it is church, school or park. I hate that we have to live this way.

I am not sure if there is one easy answer to change this, I think a lot of things needs to change but one major thing? I think as a society we need to take the power back. We (society) are allowing this to happen. jmo

ITA~  One thing that needs to change is the court's view on the priority of sexual crimes. We trust that LE will use the tools available, such as DNA base for the Dec. assault, we trust that warnings would be posted, but somewhere along the line it seems like sex crimes are treated like bothersome cases. They would rather concentrate on drug busts. Drugs are terrible but usually the damage is done to ppl. who choose to be part of that l;ifestyle.  Sex crimes/rape devastate innocent victims and as criminals learn the system they learn not to leave any witnesses, that's my take on it anyway.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »

Message from Kelly and Brent:
We are looking forward to attending the vigil for Chelsea tonight at St. Michaels church in Poway. We will join them in their unity on Chelsea’s behalf and focus again in bringing Chelsea home. We appreciate all the time and focus our community has dedicated to our daughter.

15546 Pomerado Rd., Poway
Guests are encouraged to carpool and park respectfully in local neighborhoods if necessary.
Chelseas family and friends will speak about Chelsea and a silent prayer procession will follow.

http://www.facebook.com/chelseakingsearchcenter
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #754 on: March 02, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »

@edward -

Your profile says Monterey area.  I lived in Capitola for a while and was in the 7th ID for a little while at Ord.

Small world.
Adam In California
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: March 02, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »

BTW - I have emailed a couple of journalists on the whole "did they miss the DNA in December" question.  I'll post when/if they reply.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: March 02, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »

Edward -

one  for yes

two  for no

IMO for them to charge him with rape and murder they have to have something other than rape evidence.  Whether that's her blood in his vehicle or a weapon is anyones guess at this point but I would imagine they MUST have something for a murder charge.

He beat his last known victim sensless.. she almost lost and eye from what I read..
Blood in the vehicle you say ?
Sounds logical to me.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #757 on: March 02, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

I was thinking about that, and I mentioned the other day that he would have to travel on Ortega Highway if I'm not mistaken, lot of space between his mom's house and up to Lake Elsinore 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: March 02, 2010, 03:39:25 PM »

The Search for Chelsea King
The focus of the official search is a 14-mile stretch of Lake Hodges

As law enforcement focused on a 14-mile stretch of the Lake Hodges shore and searched through the night, hundreds of volunteers are organizing for yet another day of searching for missing Poway teenager Chelsea King.

The 17-year-old's family and authorities are holding out hope that she will return safely. She disappeared Thursday, and a search for her has spread over an area of about four square miles, covered with rocks and heavy vegetation. The focus of the search has been on the waters and shore of Lake Hodges, a popular area for trail runners.

More than 100 officers from multiple agencies are involved in the official search for Chelsea. An FBI dive team was brought in Monday equipped with sonar equipment to aid in the search.

John Gardner III, 30, remained in custody without bail after his arrest outside a Mexican restaurant in suburban Escondido on Sunday.

Volunteers wanting to help in the search for Chelsea King Tuesday should go to 11858 Bernardo Plaza Ct. in Rancho Bernardo behind Citibank. As of 10 a.m., hundreds of people arrived to volunteer and the line snaked around the building.

More than 1,000 people showed up to help search each day over the weekend and on Monday, volunteers numbered more than 900. The FBI and police are searching a core area and preparing grid maps for the volunteers to focus on. Organizers like Doug Lambell then assign volunteers to areas of the grid map.

"What we do then is give them a big briefing, we tell them what we can expect on the search, break them into groups of 15 or 20," said Lambell. "We're getting qualified team leaders, those with prior military or police experience come help us be team leaders."

"I have two young daughters and no good reason not to be here so if the situation were reversed I'd wonder why everybody wasn't here," said John Lingham.

Volunteer search coordinators say they will keep the momentum going as long as they can -- or until Chelsea is found.

Sources say they found Gardner’s DNA on some of Chelsea King's clothing found on the shores of the lake. Gardner was in the criminal database because of a 2000 conviction of lewd act with a child.

Gardner had been living at his mother's Rancho Bernardo home about a mile from the search area. Agents have taken property from the home where a hand-written sign was posted Monday: "We have no statement, please stay off of our property."

Gardner also had a home in Lake Elsinore. Neighbors say agents kicked down the door looking for Gardner Sunday. He wasn't there.

According to court records from his 2000 conviction, Gardner picked up a 13 year-old girl at a bus stop, took her back to his Rancho Bernardo home, where he assaulted and beat her. His five-year prison term ended in 2005, after which he served three years parole.

Gardner has been linked to another attack involving a female jogger near Lake Hodges on Dec. 27, 2009, investigators said.

Gardner is scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow. Steve Walker, a spokesman for the San Diego County district attorney's office said a decision would be made by Wednesday about filing charges against the registered sex offender.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/The-Search-for-Chelsea-King-85947917.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »

@edward -

Your profile says Monterey area.  I lived in Capitola for a while and was in the 7th ID for a little while at Ord.

Small world.

Yes I do live here..
It is a small world.
Welcome to Scared Monkeys 
We have had quite a few friends out of Fort Ord over the years..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.