May 22, 2024, 12:42:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 179899 times)
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #420 on: November 12, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050
Posted: Nov 08, 2010 12:05 PM PST

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - In a somber press conference they had been "dreading," Hickory Police said Friday afternoon a bone found last week during a search was that of a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl.

"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra," police Chief Tom Adkins said in an emotional press conference, that he said he did "with great regret." (Read the full text of the chief's remarks)

Police said the said the bone found last week off of Christie Road "matches DNA found from the house at 21st Avenue Northwest," which is where Zahra lived before going missing on Oct. 9. A police source also told WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge that "the bone has evidence of cut marks on it."

BBM

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: November 12, 2010, 06:31:31 PM »

I have a question.  I don't know the whole details on the Grand Jury process so bear with me.  I'm assuming that the possible suspect is NOT brought in to be questioned in front of the Grand Jury, correct?  It seems quite likely that both AB and EB were in this together in some fashion and both would be charged in Zahra's death.
So, I would guess then that EB could not be brought in to be questioned for the possible charges to be pressed on AB because then EB would be implicating herself.  And the same in the other direction - AB wouldn't be brought in to be questioned for possible charges on EB because he would be implicating HIMself.

Am I making you dizzy yet?

i am gonna guess that they would be tried individually so there would be individual grand jury procedings, if that makes sense to ur dizzy question 

but then again what do i know they could be tried in the same trial, i just seem to recall more trials with more than one perpetrator being seperate as there is better chance for each being charged seperately than both in one trial, i could be wrong it happened once before  lol

only grand jury's i have been involved in is i was a witness to a drunk driver speeding and hitting a walking passenger... and i was a victim in a sex abuse case so i dunno about murder!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: November 12, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #423 on: November 12, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »

Drawing and quartering, beating the s#*t out of, blowing brains to...etc,etc...IMO is way too nice for these wretched creatures.
God Bless Emily and her family.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #424 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »

an angelic monkey Bump

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Zahra
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: November 12, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »

Klaas~

The addition of Zahra looks really nice!!  

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: November 12, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »

What time is the vigil scheduled for, and where will it be held? 

Hickory is 4 hours away and we are debating about attending.  It would be nice to meet up with our fellow monkey's as well.

Perhaps someone should have a poster representing scaredmonkeys?

Emily's family and friends have the following rose on their FB for Emily.  The daisy was started by the Bakers after Emily's friends started the rose.  If Emily is at the memorial it would probably mean a lot to her to see a few of these around her. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #427 on: November 12, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - In a somber press conference they had been "dreading," Hickory Police said Friday afternoon a bone found last week during a search was that of a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl.

"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra," police Chief Tom Adkins said in an emotional press conference, that he said he did "with great regret." (Read the full text of the chief's remarks)

Police said the said the bone found last week off of Christie Road "matches DNA found from the house at 21st Avenue Northwest," which is where Zahra lived before going missing on Oct. 9. A police source also told WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge that "the bone has evidence of cut marks on it."

BBM

Oh my how horrible
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: November 12, 2010, 06:46:21 PM »

BBM

Oh my how horrible

horrible indeed but really no less than I had expected..... 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: November 12, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/632681/tv-station-documents-zahra-s-biological-mother-s-visit-to-hickory
TV station documents Zahra's biological mother's visit to Hickory
HICKORY, N.C. -- Australia's 7 News filed a news report Thursday evening showing Zahra Baker's biological mother visiting the Hickory home where her daughter was first reported missing more than one month ago.

The report shows Emily Dietrich kneeling down in front of a memorial for Zahra on the home's front lawn. Through tears of anguish, she reads the messages left by the community.

Dietrich says she submitted a DNA sample to investigators Thursday. She also said they would not tell her what it would be used for but by their tone and demeanor she knows there will be no good news to report.

(VIDEO AT LINK)

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: November 12, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

Klaas~

Monkeys, there are no words this day to even begin to express my deep sorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQijZ0OpaU&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: November 12, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »

Klaas~

If you play this song and watch the picture of Zahra and the flower opening . . . I pray it will bring comfort.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: November 12, 2010, 06:56:24 PM »

I heard a little while ago, on HLN, Prime News, Zahra Baker's step mother was a person of interest but the police later retracted that- has anyone else heard this?

After all this information, why then are neither of these people considered a person of interest or considered a suspect?  Am I missing something?

I don't doubt any course of action by the police or DA will benefit this case in the long run. 

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #433 on: November 12, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »

Thank-you Sister  an angelic monkey
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #434 on: November 12, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »

BBM

Oh my how horrible

horrible indeed but really no less than I had expected..... 

How awful - but not surprised - as NG said - the first thing I would do if my child died of natural causes is to cut her up and scatter her remains. What a couple of POS - I would love a few minutes with both of them out of sight of LE - I think I could make them suffer a bit. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #435 on: November 12, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »

Klaas~

Thank you Sister...what a Beautiful song and voice..and message in the song

Klaas that picture is so touching...I was listing to the song as I was watching the flower open....  
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: November 12, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »

Thank-you Sister  an angelic monkey

NoRose, you are most welcome.  Just got back from my 4th funeral in two weeks.  I have no more words to give nor any more songs to sing.  I think Monkey King, Klaas, and Phelps have done it all.  Blessings.

floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #437 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »

You are so right Sister that is what I was doing ...it was a comfort...but tears was also falling hard. God Bless
Klaas~

If you play this song and watch the picture of Zahra and the flower opening . . . I pray it will bring comfort.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13493722
Full text of Hickory Police briefing on Friday

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 3:52 PM CST Updated: Nov 12, 2010 4:08 PM CST

The following is what Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said during the presser Friday afternoon:

"It is with great regret that I stand before you today, I have been dreading this moment [since] early on this investigation.

"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra, I cannot get into specific about the investigation.

"The DNA evidence from the bone found on Christy Road matches a DNA sample from the house at 21st Avenue NW.  The DNA sample was taken from personal items belonging to Zahra.

"A DNA profile will be created from cheek swabs from her biological mother and father for a biological profile.

"The remains found in Caldwell County have been sent to the medical examiner's office and SBI for positive identification.

"According to medical examiner's staff on site when the remains were recovered, they are consistent with a child.

"Until the test is complete, we cannot officially confirm they are Zahra.

"The timetable for those results are not available at this time.

"This is still a developing case and we are still gathering all the facts in this case.

"We must be cautious in releasing further information so we do not jeopardize the criminal investigation.

"Investigators, agents and officers and staff who worked on this case, are devastated…

(Chief briefly paused and sniffed.)

"…that we were not able to find Zahra and bring her home safely.

"We appreciate the support we received from the public.

"Today our community mourns, our state mourns, our nation mourns and the world mourns as we go forward."
--

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »

Klaas~

Thank you Sister...what a Beautiful song and voice..and message in the song

Klaas that picture is so touching...I was listing to the song as I was watching the flower open....  

It is beautiful, isn't it.  Brings so much hope in such a discouraging world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.