May 06, 2024, 01:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 22- 6/18 - 6/19/11  (Read 656051 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1460 on: June 19, 2011, 12:43:41 AM »

Is Rodriguez claiming to have cofounded The Body Farm or is it the media suggesting that? I've seen nothing that shows he cofounded it with Bass, only that he helped start it. When I see "helped start", I tend to think it was when more cadavar were added as well as other grad students. I'm trying to remember how many students there were on this team. I forget. Turbo would know, she knows her Bass! I think it was a group of 6 grad students, including Rodriguez, but I could be off. I seriously forget. This group help form the forensic study edu as we know it today. As far as founding, that has to be Bass. Just like all the articles say, he started with 1 body & a concrete slab, as working for TN as the ME. He's one smart fart!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1461 on: June 19, 2011, 12:46:26 AM »

I am less focused on the numbers co inky dink and trying to find out if Dr Rodriquez, an original founder of the Body farm,has an axe to grind and thats why he is testifying for FREE, as he and Bobo stated. All I can find is he is a co founder with Dr Bass. I want to know why he left and if it was on good terms
Could be possible he didn't leave on good terms. Maybe he was trying to "make a profit" and it didn't fly with Dr Bass. I don't know, what I do know is all of Mr Baez's witnesses have been sleazy so maybe Mr Rodriguez has some skeleton in his closet that likes to profit off of a murdered child case even if it is after the fact. Like becoming a talking head on TV or a paid media wh*re like Dr Spitz.

JMSO JSM  

Actually, the allowance of his testimony tells me that Casey won't get the dp. He is Chief Deputy ME for the Dept of Defense. I trust that the Prosecution can handle him, especially considering their whole team is impeccable in their questioning, so I fo believe Casey will be in prison for a long time.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26147124/detail.html

Rodriguez's CV starts on page 280

He claims co-founder of body farm and his references include Dr Bass and Henry Lee.

He was NOT co-founder of the body farm - I can tell you that...........I will tell you what I know and also what the skuttle butt was about this. Dr. Bass is almost an idol at the University of Tennessee Anthropology Dept and at UT period. Not so much Rodriguez. Rodriguez was an undergraduate at UT and MIGHT have been a research assistant when Dr. Bass started the Body Farm.

Dr. Bass got permission from the University of Tn to set up the Body Farm in 1980. He got his first body in 1981. When Dr. Bass set it up Rodriguez did not even have his BA degree. He did not graduate UT until 1981. He did not get his Masters until 1982 and by the time he received his Ph.D. in 1985 he was working for the Coroner's office in La where he worked until 1987. He had long been gone from the Body Farm. After Louisiana he went to NY.

What I heard was he was a "bug investigator" which documented the dates, times, etc. certain bugs came to feed on the bodies. That was a job of taking a sheet to document and photograph each stage of the decomposition. It came into question if his documentation was accurate as some of the others who were assigned the same task got different results. When questioned he took offense and caused some problems within the department. The rumors were he was difficult to work with and the Ph.D. candidates refused to work with him because he was what they called "a know it all" who did not have the experience, education yet or credentials to back it up. Keep in mind at that time he didn't even have his masters and did not graduate the university until '81.

I will ask around about him but that is just what I know from the rumors in the department years ago.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1462 on: June 19, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »

Thanks Titch.. I am going to bed, clear my head and enjoy my dad tomorrow.. Goodnight monkeys!
r.i.p. CC... end of an era 
Welcome.

Goodnight & sleep well everyone.

Justice is coming for Caylee. I know it. The wonderful legacy of Caylee Anthony will forever carry on through every single court case in our country that uses the science behind this case as case law. It's almost as if she was destined for great things. I'm a firm believer that God always has a bigger plan. Bc of this science being used, Caylee will live forever through each court case using this one as a reference for admissability. She's truly an angel.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1463 on: June 19, 2011, 12:52:33 AM »

Thank you so much Turbo! I knew you'd know!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1464 on: June 19, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »

Is Rodriguez claiming to have cofounded The Body Farm or is it the media suggesting that? I've seen nothing that shows he cofounded it with Bass, only that he helped start it. When I see "helped start", I tend to think it was when more cadavar were added as well as other grad students. I'm trying to remember how many students there were on this team. I forget. Turbo would know, she knows her Bass! I think it was a group of 6 grad students, including Rodriguez, but I could be off. I seriously forget. This group help form the forensic study edu as we know it today. As far as founding, that has to be Bass. Just like all the articles say, he started with 1 body & a concrete slab, as working for TN as the ME. He's one smart fart!

Actually he was not even a graduate student when the Body Farm was started so you are right. I think the hype about him being a co-founder is BS and I really can't see him saying that because it is too easy to check. It most likely is media hype.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1465 on: June 19, 2011, 01:14:05 AM »

I've really been shocked at how interesting I'm finding the Body Farm info since I started digging around for information about Rodriguez. 

I'll stop after this one...

Interesting article, and this part tells how Rodriguez got involved imo.

http://homepage.mac.com/haroldjb/polars/wbass.html

::snipping2::

He offered 10 points of extra credit to the students in his anthropology lecture class if they would come out to the Farm the next Saturday. When they got there, they found a body rotting on the ground. Bass marked off distances in 10-yard increments from the corpse.

Conclusion: "You can't smell a body more than 30 yards away."

One of the students in the department was a guy named William Rodriguez. He was interested in the side of anthropology that deals with primates, physiology and behavior. He figured he might make a career working with chimps in Africa. One winter afternoon, Rodriguez was hanging around the department and Bass got an urgent call. None of the forensics students was available, so Bass grabbed Rodriguez. "You're going with me to do a forensic case."

They spent a day and a half in some woods where skeletal remains were found. The bones had settled into the soil.

"I was so enthralled with what he could determine from looking at these remains," Rodriguez recalls.

Bass said the victim was a white male, mid-thirties, who had been shot in the back of the head execution-style at the scene about five years before. The bones told him the victim was probably poor because he had been malnourished and lacked dental care. Not only that, judging by old healed fractures on the knuckles, nose and cheekbones, he probably had been a brawler in barrooms and been whacked upside the head by a pool cue once or twice. When he was alive, he probably had a dent and scars on the side of his face.

It all turned out to be true. Bass's description helped lead to the identification of the victim and prosecution of the killers.

"It totally 360'd my career outlook," Rodriguez says. "Literally the next day I switched over to forensics as my main specialty area."

Now Rodriguez is the chief deputy medical examiner for special investigations in the Armed Forces Medical Examiner's Office. He is co-leader of a U.S. team assigned to examine remains in Kosovo.

Bass and Rodriguez both knew that Bass's dazzling bone detective work on the murder case could be complemented with a better understanding of what happens to corpses in the process of becoming skeletons. Under Bass's guidance, Rodriguez conducted the first sophisticated study on the Body Farm. He put four corpses out at different times of the year and spent hours upon hours, day and night, watching the succession of insect varieties attracted to the bodies, led by blowflies, with their familiar iridescent green and blue bodies.

Forensics investigators had known that insect activity followed predictable patterns, but this was the first time the process on a human cadaver had been elaborated. Nowadays, investigators are trained to retrieve samples of bugs found on a body. The insects' maturity is an important clue to the time of death.

More research followed. Placing bodies in pools, Bass and his students learned that water slows decomposition by as much as half. They recorded the rates of decay of bodies in automobile trunks, and buried at various depths, dressed in assorted fabrics, wrapped in different materials.

One student did chemical analyses of the soil under decaying bodies. The dirt becomes drenched in volatile fatty acids and other runoff. The work proved you didn't need the actual corpse to tell how long it had been there; the soil contained the clues.

The sum of the knowledge is now being put to use around the world.

"Now we are working with scientific evidence," Rodriguez says. "Before, it was purely guessing."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1466 on: June 19, 2011, 01:18:32 AM »

Thanks Titch.. I am going to bed, clear my head and enjoy my dad tomorrow.. Goodnight monkeys!
r.i.p. CC... end of an era 

Not exactly the right place, but I will take blog lisense and post ...  the Big Man is now playing sax for Caylee in Heaven.

Clarence Clemons, Legendary Rock Saxophonist of Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Dies at the Age of 69
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/06/18/clarence-clemons-legendary-rock-saxophonist-of-bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-band-dies-at-the-age-of-69/

I have long been a fan of the music of Springsteen and the E Street Band, especially their music of the 1970′s and 80′s. I  spent many a summer and weekend down at the Jersey Shore, Asbury Park and the Stone Pony in my day. Today I lost a piece of my childhood, but I fondly remember some great moment from the past. Tonight the Stone Pony has free admission “Remembering the Big Man”.For those who grew up and went to school in the Jersey area you know exactly what I am referring to, Springsteen, Clemons and the E Street Band pretty much provided anthems for life.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1467 on: June 19, 2011, 01:19:29 AM »

I've really been shocked at how interesting I'm finding the Body Farm info since I started digging around for information about Rodriguez.  

I'll stop after this one...

Interesting article, and this part tells how Rodriguez got involved imo.

http://homepage.mac.com/haroldjb/polars/wbass.html

He offered 10 points of extra credit to the students in his anthropology lecture class if they would come out to the Farm the next Saturday. When they got there, they found a body rotting on the ground. Bass marked off distances in 10-yard increments from the corpse.

Conclusion: "You can't smell a body more than 30 yards away."

One of the students in the department was a guy named William Rodriguez. He was interested in the side of anthropology that deals with primates, physiology and behavior. He figured he might make a career working with chimps in Africa. One winter afternoon, Rodriguez was hanging around the department and Bass got an urgent call. None of the forensics students was available, so Bass grabbed Rodriguez. "You're going with me to do a forensic case."

They spent a day and a half in some woods where skeletal remains were found. The bones had settled into the soil.

"I was so enthralled with what he could determine from looking at these remains," Rodriguez recalls.

Bass said the victim was a white male, mid-thirties, who had been shot in the back of the head execution-style at the scene about five years before. The bones told him the victim was probably poor because he had been malnourished and lacked dental care. Not only that, judging by old healed fractures on the knuckles, nose and cheekbones, he probably had been a brawler in barrooms and been whacked upside the head by a pool cue once or twice. When he was alive, he probably had a dent and scars on the side of his face.

It all turned out to be true. Bass's description helped lead to the identification of the victim and prosecution of the killers.

"It totally 360'd my career outlook," Rodriguez says. "Literally the next day I switched over to forensics as my main specialty area."

Now Rodriguez is the chief deputy medical examiner for special investigations in the Armed Forces Medical Examiner's Office. He is co-leader of a U.S. team assigned to examine remains in Kosovo.

Bass and Rodriguez both knew that Bass's dazzling bone detective work on the murder case could be complemented with a better understanding of what happens to corpses in the process of becoming skeletons. Under Bass's guidance, Rodriguez conducted the first sophisticated study on the Body Farm. He put four corpses out at different times of the year and spent hours upon hours, day and night, watching the succession of insect varieties attracted to the bodies, led by blowflies, with their familiar iridescent green and blue bodies.

Forensics investigators had known that insect activity followed predictable patterns, but this was the first time the process on a human cadaver had been elaborated. Nowadays, investigators are trained to retrieve samples of bugs found on a body. The insects' maturity is an important clue to the time of death.

More research followed. Placing bodies in pools, Bass and his students learned that water slows decomposition by as much as half. They recorded the rates of decay of bodies in automobile trunks, and buried at various depths, dressed in assorted fabrics, wrapped in different materials.

One student did chemical analyses of the soil under decaying bodies. The dirt becomes drenched in volatile fatty acids and other runoff. The work proved you didn't need the actual corpse to tell how long it had been there; the soil contained the clues.

The sum of the knowledge is now being put to use around the world.

"Now we are working with scientific evidence," Rodriguez says. "Before, it was purely guessing."

That falls right in line with what I thought to be true. That had to be in 1981 when Rodriguez was working on his masters. They only had 4 bodies total in 1981.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1468 on: June 19, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »

I found this about Rodriguez.

Bill Rodriguez, one of Bass' graduate students, wrote his doctoral thesis on information gathered from this facility. Each day, he notated the presence of various insects on human cadavers and other information like changes in the body, and the timing of each of these.[1] Rodriguez noticed that blow-flies immediately swarmed carcass in study and began mass-producing eggs all over its orifices. However, other insects were also attracted to the freshly rotting body including yellow jackets and wasps. Once the blow-fly eggs turned into maggots, beetles too began assembling on the body not only to feed on the body itself but on its co-inhabitants, the maggots, as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tennessee_Anthropological_Research_Facility

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1469 on: June 19, 2011, 01:41:21 AM »

Actually he was not even a graduate student when the Body Farm was started so you are right. I think the hype about him being a co-founder is BS and I really can't see him saying that because it is too easy to check. It most likely is media hype.

I just went back and listened to the first part of his testimony from this morning.  Baez asked him if he was a Co-Founder of The Body Farm, and he answered yes, he was.  He goes on to tell how that came about...

Starts at about 5:25

http://www.wftv.com/video/28280973/index.html

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1470 on: June 19, 2011, 01:46:32 AM »

OMG that is priceless, we got people over here howling and crying over this Smile
Monkey Devil!
You can say that again.

What is it? 
Thanks

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1471 on: June 19, 2011, 02:07:25 AM »

OMG that is priceless, we got people over here howling and crying over this Smile
Monkey Devil!
You can say that again.

What is it? 
Thanks

pb

IDK - I don't do Facebook - folks who don't do Facebook can't see what's at the link.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1472 on: June 19, 2011, 02:12:34 AM »

I just went back and listened to the first part of his testimony from this morning.  Baez asked him if he was a Co-Founder of The Body Farm, and he answered yes, he was.  He goes on to tell how that came about...

I just fired off an email to Jeff Ashton about his statement and suggested he contact Dr. Bass for verification but that Rodriguez was not a co-founder but a research assistant. I included the years he attended UT and what degrees he held at that time. If he lied about one thing he is not a dependable witness.

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1473 on: June 19, 2011, 02:16:01 AM »

Monkey Devil!
You can say that again.

What is it? 
Thanks

pb

IDK - I don't do Facebook - folks who don't do Facebook can't see what's at the link.

Thanks.
I signed on and it took me to videos of my family members and I said, OH S..., my cousin are on SM?    haha

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1474 on: June 19, 2011, 02:26:12 AM »

I just went back and listened to the first part of his testimony from this morning.  Baez asked him if he was a Co-Founder of The Body Farm, and he answered yes, he was.  He goes on to tell how that came about...

I just fired off an email to Jeff Ashton about his statement and suggested he contact Dr. Bass for verification but that Rodriguez was not a co-founder but a research assistant. I included the years he attended UT and what degrees he held at that time. If he lied about one thing he is not a dependable witness.

I'm so glad you did that Turbo, THANK YOU!

I'm really having my doubts about those claims.

I've just started watching this, and Dr. Bass requested the first land to conduct his studies in the fall of 1971.  He states that this was the beginning of The Body Farm.  From Dr. Rodriguez's testimony he states the discussions about starting the studies was in the early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSfsSqCu3q0

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1475 on: June 19, 2011, 02:27:27 AM »

Monkey Devil!
You can say that again.

What is it? 
Thanks

pb

Thanks.
I signed on and it took me to videos of my family members and I said, OH S..., my cousin are on SM?    haha

pb
It once worked...Was a spoof on KC, JP telling her off, was funny.......Now same as you it just sends me directly to my FB videos!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1476 on: June 19, 2011, 02:44:40 AM »

Hey Monkeys ,
Did any of you notice that today when Casey did her fake cry and upset act. That there was no touchy feely from Sims or any of the others.  I wonder since Jeff complained about it in one of the side bars if the Judge told Baez and company to knock it off.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1477 on: June 19, 2011, 02:48:32 AM »

Thank You Turbo for sending the info to Jeff.  I know the man has a lot of years under his belt. But there is something that just isn't right about him. I wonder if we have another axe to grind with Dr. Bass and the body Farm like the Bug guy seemed to have with Dr. Haskell.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1478 on: June 19, 2011, 02:58:36 AM »

I just went back and listened to the first part of his testimony from this morning.  Baez asked him if he was a Co-Founder of The Body Farm, and he answered yes, he was.  He goes on to tell how that came about...

I'm so glad you did that Turbo, THANK YOU!

I'm really having my doubts about those claims.

I've just started watching this, and Dr. Bass requested the first land to conduct his studies in the fall of 1971.  He states that this was the beginning of The Body Farm.  From Dr. Rodriguez's testimony he states the discussions about starting the studies was in the early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSfsSqCu3q0

If I am not mistaken UT gave Dr. Bass the property and then the permission in 1980. Something else he said did not set right with me either was that he put up the fence. When it was first started there was NO fence. They had to put up a fence later when the word got out on campus and sightseers started going there out of morbid curiosity. LOL

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1479 on: June 19, 2011, 03:36:21 AM »

Mr. Ashton was absolutely brilliant.  One lawyer is going to come out of this trial famous for his professional work.  It ain't Baez or the Kentucky Colonel.
Kentucky Colonels beg you to NOT sully their distinction with the likes of Mason. The Florida Bafoon is more like it !   

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.