May 21, 2024, 08:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 327413 times)
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #320 on: April 22, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »

So I think I might have found a connection, and this is based off if the reports by Harry Oakes are legit (still something I'm on the fence with, because if Melissa didn't want to have anything to do with him being involved in the investigation, how did he get articles for his dog to pick up Lindsey's scent from, and also did he have permission from local LE to be involved on top of that, because he is retired LE himself, and he knows better than to just jump into things), and still digging further to see if this connection also has a connection around 6th street also.

hi jademoff, amanda, mb's sister is actually the one who contracted with HO..mb wanted nothing to do with him... He went through amanda for everything.

if you are trying to match up something and need some info just let me know, I can most likely help you.  you can email me if you need some info to help with whatever you are going with which connects with the HO report..  keysring@yahoo.com

Do you know if Harry Oakes was working with Law Enforcement or was he just on his own?

Jademoff, I know your asking this question to doubledecker, but I believe the local LE was sorta against Harry Oakes searching. Sorry if this is wrong but that's the information that I heard.

I hope your onto something with your resent sleuthing! 

Oh, no worries, any little bit helps Smile. Harry Oakes is just a subject I'm on the fence with, I think now I'm starting to climb down one side of the fence rather than the other though. There is just so much that doesn't make sense to me.... LE being against him is the main thing. While a lot of people might think it's stupid that LE didn't work with him (based off the reputation we read about on the website for Harry Oakes) I know they have good reasons for not working with him.

From what I've been told there are various reasons LE may not want an outside party involved in a search or investigation. I can respect that but I'm not ready to discount the Oakes report completely. The recent news of Amber Dubois from California being found, and allegations that LE didn't consider information gathered by privately hired scent-sniffing dogs which showed they had followed Amber's trail from Escondido to the Pala area where she ended up being found, makes me keep Oakes report in mind.

That's just how I'm feeling about it, I'm not trying to sway what side of the fence your on Jademoff.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »

So I think I might have found a connection, and this is based off if the reports by Harry Oakes are legit (still something I'm on the fence with, because if Melissa didn't want to have anything to do with him being involved in the investigation, how did he get articles for his dog to pick up Lindsey's scent from, and also did he have permission from local LE to be involved on top of that, because he is retired LE himself, and he knows better than to just jump into things), and still digging further to see if this connection also has a connection around 6th street also.

hi jademoff, amanda, mb's sister is actually the one who contracted with HO..mb wanted nothing to do with him... He went through amanda for everything.

if you are trying to match up something and need some info just let me know, I can most likely help you.  you can email me if you need some info to help with whatever you are going with which connects with the HO report..  keysring@yahoo.com

Do you know if Harry Oakes was working with Law Enforcement or was he just on his own?

Jademoff, I know your asking this question to doubledecker, but I believe the local LE was sorta against Harry Oakes searching. Sorry if this is wrong but that's the information that I heard.

Oh, no worries, any little bit helps Smile. Harry Oakes is just a subject I'm on the fence with, I think now I'm starting to climb down one side of the fence rather than the other though. There is just so much that doesn't make sense to me.... LE being against him is the main thing. While a lot of people might think it's stupid that LE didn't work with him (based off the reputation we read about on the website for Harry Oakes) I know they have good reasons for not working with him.

From what I've been told there are various reasons LE may not want an outside party involved in a search or investigation. I can respect that but I'm not ready to discount the Oakes report completely. The recent news of Amber Dubois from California being found, and allegations that LE didn't consider information gathered by privately hired scent-sniffing dogs which showed they had followed Amber's trail from Escondido to the Pala area where she ended up being found, makes me keep Oakes report in mind.

That helps me to consider taking a look at his reports again. At this point in time, we don't know where Lindsey is and this man did go into McCleary and offer some help.
That's just how I'm feeling about it, I'm not trying to sway what side of the fence your on Jademoff.
[/quote]
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »

That helps me to consider taking a look at his reports again. At this point in time, we don't know where Lindsey is and this man did go into McCleary and offer some help.
[/quote]

Eeek! That last post was terrible. I'm going to take a look at his reports again, and figure out map locations. I think the first time I took a look at them, I was still pretty shaken up about her being missing for that long. I'm doing it because we don't know where Lindsey is.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2010, 01:01:31 PM »

It was a AA meeting, or NA meeting, or something for sex offenders. I can't recall but someone found that a friday meeting is held somewhere near or in McCleary. 
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »

It was a AA meeting, or NA meeting, or something for sex offenders. I can't recall but someone found that a friday meeting is held somewhere near or in McCleary. 

I missed that! If you find where that was talked about I would like to see it and find out more about it. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: April 27, 2010, 09:55:12 PM »

It was a AA meeting, or NA meeting, or something for sex offenders. I can't recall but someone found that a Friday meeting is held somewhere near or in McCleary. 

I missed that! If you find where that was talked about I would like to see it and find out more about it. 

It was somewhere in the beginning of the threads. I think it was the same time as the forum was talking about the church there. I think this is when it was found.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: April 27, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

Or maybe it was the community center? Oh gosh I don't know. does anyone recall this?
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »

Retirement party that the mayor attended was going on in McCleary that night.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: April 27, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »

It was not this, I think at the time we talked about the meeting we didn't know about the mayors event.
It may have been earlier in the day. There was an AA meeting or an NA meeting, someone posted the schedule and it was on that friday.
Does anyone know how to find things on this forum? The search never works for me.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: April 28, 2010, 12:07:18 AM »

It was not this, I think at the time we talked about the meeting we didn't know about the mayors event.
It may have been earlier in the day. There was an AA meeting or an NA meeting, someone posted the schedule and it was on that friday.
Does anyone know how to find things on this forum? The search never works for me.
Tracygirl, I think you will find what you are looking for under the thread here about Weirdos and churches:  I don't know how to bring stuff over correctly -- but I think what you are looking for is in that thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: doubledecker on July 14, 2009, 07:18:20 PM
Quote from: doubledecker on July 14, 2009, 07:04:50 PM
and then for a local to tell me that half of the congregation has quit going there, then what does that say?  if even the members of the church don't like something going on there, to the point of HALF of them leaving, that tells me something too. 

local told me
 apparently northwest life has cancelled all services except sunday morning for a while until they figure out "what's wrong" (why everyone left).

someone has told me
they have stopped some of the church services for a 6 week period

they THINK the services they have stopped are:
Saturday night
Sunday Night
Wednesday Night
AND THE YOUTH GROUP which was on FRIDAY nights

VERY interesting........is Wayne Watne connected to this group and is there a meeting place in McCleary for this group?Will see what I can find.
I wanted to tell you DD,that the santanic stuff scares the caca out of me and I try not to read/see anything about it so I cannot participate in that aspect of this case investigation but I promise I will try and be stronger and keep up with it.
Just that topic gives me what I say is devil nightmares.
I watched a Law&Order show last night that I had dvr'd from a month or so ago and it dealt with child sexual abuse in this cult but this was a so called"God"cult....no sacrificing of kids but they raised their kids to have sex(as a group)with everyone in the cult....from a very young age.
It was a scary and very sad show.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »

Thanks Sister for finding that. I do recall the youth group. Wasn't it something about an AA group was at the same place or near the youth group meetings? Gosh I remember the conversation but cannot find the thread.

Found these. I know it was an AA group or a NA and we spoke about sex offenders. was it at one of the churches they had a self help group for sex offenders?
http://karisable.com/12step.htm
AA meetings

McCleary
Saturday

7:00pm United Methodist Church 426 S (3rd and Oak) McCleary, Wa

Elma

Monday

5:30pm Faith Lutheran Church 1296 Monte-Elma Rd Elma Wa

Wednesday

9:30am St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Division and Young Elma Wa

Thursday

7:00pm Faith Lutheran Church 1296 Monte-Elma Rd Elma Wa

Narcotics Anonymous

Elma

Tuesday

7:00pm 1st Methodist Church Annex 505 W Young St, Elma

Friday

Saturday

9:00pm 1st Methodist Church Annex 505 W Young St, Elma

Montesano
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:10 AM »

I've been searching on this and here are some posts I found. Sorry I don't know how to quote older posts.

Posted by Kara on July 4, 2009

I know you guys are really busy but someone just emailed me something that seems worth looking into and I thought I'd ask you guys since you seem to know what you are doing.

Is there any way to find out what kind of meetings these are that are being held? McCleary is Monday night but it could bring in outside people often enough to make the town familiar...

http://recoverycoalition.org/localgroups.htm

reply made to that post by doubledecker

looks like recovery programs.  basically they are like AA/NA, overcoming some kind of victimization etc.  they are christian based, meaning they are through christian churches who use prayer and GOD in the recovery process rather than ONLY a higher power in comparison to regular AA/NA or other victimization recovery

reply by Kara

Thank you. I tried calling the chief and he could not understand what I was asking he simply said that the church was not obligated to tell them about any meetings. But could not seem to grasp that I was asking if they could look into what type of meetings they were and if it brought in people from outside of McCleary.

(later reply by Kara regarding the above)

He couldn't comprehend what I was asking he started talking about support groups for people dealing with Lindsey's disappearance. I just left a message for someone from the FBI so hopefully we will hear something from them.

reply by doubledecker

one more thing about recovery groups.  a lot of times people are ORDERED BY THE COURT to attend recovery programs, this is not only AA/NA, many of the christian based groups will qualify to the courts. 

many of the people who are ORDERED BY THE COURT to attend these group meetings have no intention on quitting whatever it is they are attending the group for; they HAVE to go to the meetings as part of their probation/parole. 

there is a chance these groups might bring in parolees to the groups or druggies or even sex addicts etc, who have no intention on trying to overcome their addictions.  this could be something which causes outside criminals, sex offenders, etc to come into mccleary, who otherwise would not be there.

reply by Kara

That is exactly what I was thinking and on Friday nights meetings are held in Shelton and Olympia which are only minutes away but McCleary is a common cut through to get to both places. Depending on meeting length that may put people coming back through McCleary around that time...maybe?

post by Northern Rose

I do not knwo if this group is associated with that particular church, but I did come up with this during a search:

<snipped>
The Prodigals International Men's sexual addiction recovery program has four primary elements:

Homecoming Program.   A weekly, Christ-centered 12 Step meeting. The meeting includes praise and worship, Scripture readings, a teaching, video clips, and personal sharing.

http://www.prodigalsonline.org/Display.asp?Page=fldChurches

They did  a presentation to the Oakville Timberland Library board of trustees meeting

http://www.trlib.org/Board/TRLBoard-022702-ok.doc

post by KarmaRoundUp

List of Friday night meetings in other towns close to McCleary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday
5:30 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Meeting
Celebrate Recovery
First Baptist Church of Shelton
Meetings held in the C3 Building at:
419 Railroad Avenue
Shelton, WA
Phone: 360 427-5162
Childcare provided

6:00 to 9:00 PM
Celebrate Recovery
Destiny of Hope Fellowship
Meeting at Grace Harbor Covenant Church
101 South H Street
Aberdeen, WA
Phone: 360 532-0994

6:30 PM Desert & Fellowship
7:00 PM Meeting
Celebrate Recovery
Bayside Community Church
25992 Barber Cut-off Road NE
Kingston, WA
Phone: 360 297-2000

Celebrate Recovery
Turning Point Church
Meeting at Olympia CareNet
135 Lilly Road NE
Olympia, WAContact: Pastor Thomas Yarrington
Phone: 360 490-2156

7:00 to 9:00 PM
Celebrate Recovery
Black Lake Chapel
4245 Goldsby Street SW
Olympia, WA
Phone: 360 xxxxxxEdit phone #
Church: 360 943-6619

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:02:11 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: April 28, 2010, 01:58:58 AM »

Thanks Sister for finding that. I do recall the youth group. Wasn't it something about an AA group was at the same place or near the youth group meetings? Gosh I remember the conversation but cannot find the thread.

Found these. I know it was an AA group or a NA and we spoke about sex offenders. was it at one of the churches they had a self help group for sex offenders?
http://karisable.com/12step.htm
AA meetings

McCleary
Saturday

7:00pm United Methodist Church 426 S (3rd and Oak) McCleary, Wa

Elma

Monday

5:30pm Faith Lutheran Church 1296 Monte-Elma Rd Elma Wa

Wednesday

9:30am St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Division and Young Elma Wa

Thursday

7:00pm Faith Lutheran Church 1296 Monte-Elma Rd Elma Wa

Narcotics Anonymous

Elma

Tuesday

Friday

Saturday

9:00pm 1st Methodist Church Annex 505 W Young St, Elma

Montesano

Thanks for looking these up. I had one heck of a time trying to use the search function to find anything here and ended up reading through a hundred or so posts. This is all good to know IMO.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: April 28, 2010, 02:10:43 AM »

Thank you Basket case you found it! I was beginning to think I had lost my mind!

The meeting is on Mondays and not fridays but it does bring people into the area.

http://recoverycoalition.org/localgroups.htm

6:30 PM Dinner
Celebrate Recovery
Black Hills Vineyard Christian Fellowship
Office and Training Center
221 Simpson Street
McCleary, WA
Phone: 360 470-3210

Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

We didn't find a meeting listed for that Friday but I wonder about this:

Invitation   
(closed group)   
Way of Escape
12-step Recovery from Sexual Addiction
Phone: 360 xxx-xxxx (After 5:00 PM)

found: http://recoverycoalition.org/localgroups.htm

It doesn't show a date or location for these meetings so I wonder if it's always listed that way and maybe you have to call to find out when and where these meetings are. If so then could there have been one of these meetings somewhere nearby that night?
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23308687/detail.html

Truck Signs Used In Hunt For Lindsey Baum

Posted: 11:30 am PDT April 29, 2010
Updated: 12:26 pm PDT April 29, 2010

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Pictures posted on two trucks are being used in the investigation of a girl who has been missing since last summer.

Gordon Trucking donated two trucks with pictures of Lindsey Baum that are parked in McCleary, where the girl lived, and a parking lot near Elma.

The truck in McCleary is parked on Simpson Avenue. The other truck is parked along State Route 8 at Heise Road east of Elma in the parking lot of Cabinet Distributors.

Volunteers and police have combed McCleary and surrounding locations but have not found evidence as to where the girl might be.

Baum was last seen in McCleary on June 26, 2009. She was 10 years old at the time of her disappearance.

Lindsey is 4 feet 9 inches tall, 80 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Officials have not had any new developments in the case but ask anyone with information to contact the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office at 866-915-8299 or send an e-mail to: soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »

I'm seeing a lot of news people around today locally and I hear there is supposed to be a presser. I'll post anymore when I find out anything. Seen the trucks with Lindsey's picture -- they are awesome! 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: April 29, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

I'm seeing a lot of news people around today locally and I hear there is supposed to be a presser. I'll post anymore when I find out anything. Seen the trucks with Lindsey's picture -- they are awesome! 
Thanks Basket Case for the info and yes, please keep us posted! 

And welcome to Scared Monkeys!  We're glad to have you here.

Time to bring Lindsey home, this case is beyond frustrating.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: April 29, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »

Thanks Basket Case for the info and yes, please keep us posted! 

And welcome to Scared Monkeys!  We're glad to have you here.

Time to bring Lindsey home, this case is beyond frustrating.

ITA Time to bring Lindsey home. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #339 on: April 29, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »

I agree...Trucks should be used more often in cases like this.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.