May 05, 2024, 01:57:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #28 8/23/11 - 10/24/11  (Read 567849 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1060 on: September 19, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »

JSM..thanks for the reply..I know what my gut was telling me and it was saying, don't go there..hubs totally agreed with me and kept saying ...it is so inappropriate! so inappropriate...he was really ticked off that it was even on the shelves..stuff like that should be ordered online for those who want it..jmo...then the rest of us don't have to fight with our children cause we don't want to buy it...jmo..
Cookie, if I had your email I would send you what I saw and I was        ITA shouldn't be on the shelf for other kids to see and want to buy it, its one thing to buy a doll that eats and poops like I got when I was a kid, but lordy I think parents should tell their children about birthing process not dolls and toys on the shelf. JMO JSM 

ask Klaas for my email...ok with me if you send it to me...thanks..
Okay, but you will be really creeped out by what I send you 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1061 on: September 19, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »

an angelic monkey Thank you all for being here for me through my pain. I am going to try and get sleep. Praying I don't wake up again looking for Josef. I pray this pressure on my chest goes away, I still smell him, his dog food is still by the bed, still can't take the leash out of the car, his two nemises just walked by and did their bark they always do and he wasn't here to look out the window to bark back. I know it will get easier, but it is taking a long time. He was and still is my baby and I miss him so much.

Again thank you all. Now to make me feel better          Too bad there isn't a George and Cindy to punch as well.

Prayers for you all and thanks again for listening to me whine. God Bless you all and God bless my Josef.

hope that it gets easier for you as time passes..it is very depressing and sad when a much loved pet passes..just let yourself feel whatever you are feeling and for as long as it takes..thinking of you!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1062 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »

tell me what you all think about this..yesterday hubs and I took the 2 oldest grand daughters to Toys R Us to pick out a few new toys for the play room..the 8 yr old picked out what appeared to be a barbie doll type who appeared to be pregnant..there was a daddy doll and a older sister doll in the package...and a little baby...I was skeptical but agreed..then we get out to the car and I was unpacking the dolls, the mother doll upon inspection had a stomach that popped off and you place the baby in her stomach! I marched back in the store with the grands and hubs and complained to management that I felt that this was inappropriate and wanted my money back..I think that the girls parents would have not liked it if the girls had this doll..Both hubs and I felt that it was a bit too much for young girls to be playing with dolls like that...how do you all feel?
also, I saw on tv that there is a doll that the little girls can pretend nursing their babies..how do you all feel about that? I know that all of this is natural and all of that..I just guess that I am not ready to discuss why this and that...know what I mean..
Cookie, I have seen those dolls and the breast feeding dolls and mom's that post on FB pictures of their daughters dolls giving birth. Guess I am a prudish old lady, but dear lord the picture on FB I saw the girl was probably 4 at the most. Then she was breast feeding it. Sorry TMI for children that cannot understand. Guess I am old  Monkey Devil! So know you are not alone in what you think about those dolls. 

Ok - this probably comes from having boys but I have no problem with these dolls. I know my two nieces put their dollies under their shirts and pretend they are pregnant. I am a firm believer in telling kids the facts early on in life. I have had the talk with all the kids at different times - even the 5 year old knows that mommies have babies from their tummies and boys are daddies and help make the babies.

I see so many young girls today that have no clue about babies and how much work they are. Perhaps if they had toy babies to play with the 12 year olds would not be getting pregnant.

I also think it is a personal choice to let your kids play with them or not.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1063 on: September 19, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »

Brandi, thank you for the avatar. I think I am going to curl up in a fetal position and lose my mind now. It is so beautiful.  an angelic monkey
Love the new avi, JSM and Brandi.

JSM, every day it will get a little easier. Trust me. an angelic monkey
She did a great job, going to bug her again to see if she can make it bigger so I can have it as my facebook profile pic.

Thank you Tevye, I thought I would do good today, but lost it as I was going to work, so I said screw work, went to Mass then to work. My big boss sent an email out to all the doctors and one sent me a very kind email about how he is hurting for me, told me about his dog Achilles and if I need anything he is there for me, another posted condolences on my  facebook. I know you are right, it will get better, but dammit I MISS HIM.

I remade the image in a larger size for you.

It's in my section.

Let me know if that is the right size please.
Thank you Brandi, it is perfect and worked. I really appreciate it. 

WooHoo!

My pleasure.

Just worried about the size, and it sounds like it's right!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1064 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52:17 PM »

Brandi, thank you for the avatar. I think I am going to curl up in a fetal position and lose my mind now. It is so beautiful.  an angelic monkey

She did a great job, going to bug her again to see if she can make it bigger so I can have it as my facebook profile pic.

Thank you Tevye, I thought I would do good today, but lost it as I was going to work, so I said screw work, went to Mass then to work. My big boss sent an email out to all the doctors and one sent me a very kind email about how he is hurting for me, told me about his dog Achilles and if I need anything he is there for me, another posted condolences on my  facebook. I know you are right, it will get better, but dammit I MISS HIM.

It's in my section.

WooHoo!

My pleasure.

You did good - it looks wonderful on her facebook!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1065 on: September 19, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »

an angelic monkey Thank you all for being here for me through my pain. I am going to try and get sleep. Praying I don't wake up again looking for Josef. I pray this pressure on my chest goes away, I still smell him, his dog food is still by the bed, still can't take the leash out of the car, his two nemises just walked by and did their bark they always do and he wasn't here to look out the window to bark back. I know it will get easier, but it is taking a long time. He was and still is my baby and I miss him so much.

Again thank you all. Now to make me feel better          Too bad there isn't a George and Cindy to punch as well.

Prayers for you all and thanks again for listening to me whine. God Bless you all and God bless my Josef.

hope that it gets easier for you as time passes..it is very depressing and sad when a much loved pet passes..just let yourself feel whatever you are feeling and for as long as it takes..thinking of you!
thank you Cookie, it is hard, trying to see if I can get a flight pass from a friend so I can come to Chicago in a week or two. I need to "get away"

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1066 on: September 19, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »

tell me what you all think about this..yesterday hubs and I took the 2 oldest grand daughters to Toys R Us to pick out a few new toys for the play room..the 8 yr old picked out what appeared to be a barbie doll type who appeared to be pregnant..there was a daddy doll and a older sister doll in the package...and a little baby...I was skeptical but agreed..then we get out to the car and I was unpacking the dolls, the mother doll upon inspection had a stomach that popped off and you place the baby in her stomach! I marched back in the store with the grands and hubs and complained to management that I felt that this was inappropriate and wanted my money back..I think that the girls parents would have not liked it if the girls had this doll..Both hubs and I felt that it was a bit too much for young girls to be playing with dolls like that...how do you all feel?
also, I saw on tv that there is a doll that the little girls can pretend nursing their babies..how do you all feel about that? I know that all of this is natural and all of that..I just guess that I am not ready to discuss why this and that...know what I mean..
Cookie, I have seen those dolls and the breast feeding dolls and mom's that post on FB pictures of their daughters dolls giving birth. Guess I am a prudish old lady, but dear lord the picture on FB I saw the girl was probably 4 at the most. Then she was breast feeding it. Sorry TMI for children that cannot understand. Guess I am old  Monkey Devil! So know you are not alone in what you think about those dolls. 

Ok - this probably comes from having boys but I have no problem with these dolls. I know my two nieces put their dollies under their shirts and pretend they are pregnant. I am a firm believer in telling kids the facts early on in life. I have had the talk with all the kids at different times - even the 5 year old knows that mommies have babies from their tummies and boys are daddies and help make the babies.

I see so many young girls today that have no clue about babies and how much work they are. Perhaps if they had toy babies to play with the 12 year olds would not be getting pregnant.

I think that it is a personal choice as well..and thanks for the reply...
I also had boys..
I think that it bothered me cause I am the grand mother and I am not ready nor do I want to overstep in telling the girls the facts of life..so if their parents want to give them those toys, fine with me..
My grand daughters have put towels under their shirts too and pretended that they just had a baby but somehow, the doll just bothered me..more shocked I guess..they of course saw their moms pregnant and know that babies are in mom's tummy..but that is about all that they know about the process at this time..they are only 8 and 5..lol..

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1067 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »

I think that it is a personal choice as well..and thanks for the reply...
I also had boys..
I think that it bothered me cause I am the grand mother and I am not ready nor do I want to overstep in telling the girls the facts of life..so if their parents want to give them those toys, fine with me..
My grand daughters have put towels under their shirts too and pretended that they just had a baby but somehow, the doll just bothered me..more shocked I guess..they of course saw their moms pregnant and know that babies are in mom's tummy..but that is about all that they know about the process at this time..they are only 8 and 5..lol..

Yea as a grandparent I would be a little more reserved too. I have done the talk thing with the kids - when I have grandkids that is their mom and dad's job!

- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1068 on: September 19, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »

Very good thought that if they know had babies to play with they may not get pregnant. We had a class in high school where they carried a real chicken egg as a baby for weeks, I didn't take the class but I do know that all my friends who did, would have made KC look like Mother Theresa. All their eggs were no longer with them within a day or so.  Good thing they waited and are now great parents on their own now. Chicken eggs didn't stand a chance in high school.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1069 on: September 19, 2011, 09:04:36 PM »

It's in my section.

WooHoo!

My pleasure.

an angelic monkey Thanks TBM and Brandi!!!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1070 on: September 19, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »

For real now, going to bed, love, hugs and thanks to all of you again. I can't stop saying over and over how much thanks I give you monkeys for being here for me.  I think 8 am Mass is calling me tomorrow again. Work understands, so no problem there.

an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1071 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »

one of the schools had actual baby dolls that were computerized to see what kind of care that they were getting from the teenagers who were in charge of them..Like they would cry at
night when hungry or wet and the kids had to care for them as if they were real babies..they actually got graded on this from the computers in the doll or something like that...that is a great life lesson if you ask me! I think they had to be in charge of the baby for a week or more!
the parents of the teen were so glad when the baby went 'home'..lol..

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1072 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »

It's in my section.

WooHoo!

My pleasure.

I don't do facebook, so I appreciate your telling me this!

an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: September 20, 2011, 01:34:58 AM »

Doctor said I have a slipped disc in my neck, that is why my hand is going numb. Now he wants me to take Prednisone for three weeks I hate that stuff, it makes me jittery, can't sleep and I swear I will gain 40 pounds.    I'm not taking it.  

Oh, no, this will never do.

Hi All Banners!

Miss you Bearly

You guys were right.  I met someone online.  I am going cautiously with this one.  Everything seems to add up, but I don't know yet.

Yea!  Be careful but enjoy and keep us up to date!  (He is not one of the banned monkeys is he? I hear that those guys are a bit wild!)  Monkey Devil!
 Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!

Here's the thing.  My best friend said, if he was a nice guy, he wouldn't be single, someone would have married him already.

Bearly - keeping my fingers crossed for you.  
Glad to know you are proceeding cautiously, that you have a bf that cares and is watching out for you, and that you have made a decision that you would like to share parts of your life with another.  A special someone is out there somewhere.  He must be very special though, for our sweet and lovely bearly.  
Love 'n God Bless. xoxoxo
can.

Love you, Can.  
 (He is Canadian).  If you find anyone will you send them my way?

an angelic monkey

Canadian eh? . . . well you're off to a good start then.  Just kidding!
If I find someone, I'd send them your way in a heartbeat.  
But maybe, (hoping) he's already been found!  

Thanks, Can, keep your eyes open.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:31 AM »

Thanks, JSM.  She did put quite a fright into me.  I was married once, and annulled pretty quickly to/from 'the boy next door', so that probably goes both ways (what TBM said).  Men can be pigs, too.  He was a mean man. 

I just read something that says starting a family is a very frightening thing, because the more it means to you, the more you have to lose.  When you think about it, that is so true.  I know you know what I mean. I would love to talk to you about it.

He is a widower, same as my ex, and that means, if the relationship does not work out, losing not only him, but his son, too.  I lost two sons in that marriage, and the loves of my life.  It may sound odd, but I don't know if I am willing to open myself up to that again.  They were never treated as anything but my sons, never used the word step.  It tore all of us apart.  Maybe that is what has been tearing up my stomach all week.  I feel like such a baby.

I was gun shy after my divorce too. My ex was a bastard and I am glad to be rid of him. Swore I would never get married again. But I got a wonderful man that treats me like a queen! Have faith - you will find a good guy and the risk will be worth it.

Thanks, TBM, I am trusting you on this.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1075 on: September 20, 2011, 01:39:36 AM »

Josef is eating  I have been so worried since yesterday's episode of puking in my car and not eating today at school. He is so thin and frail looking. I just wish we could find something that doesn't mess with his belly. Hopefully I will see the vet tomorrow and tell him to start the steroids. So what if I have to lose sleep the whole night taking him in and out. I would rather do that than have him not eat and wither away. 

(((JSM)))   (((Jo)))

an angelic monkey Thank you Bearly, means a lot to me. You are such a dear  an angelic monkey

The Monkeys mean so much to me.  I miss talking to everyone.  I am here, almost every night when everyone is sleeping, but sometimes I do not write.  This week has been a rough one on the back and the belly.  I am not looking for sympathy, only trying to tell you all, I am not gone by choice.

My neighbor whose dog has crossed the rainbow bridge is having a terrible time and I spend some time each night with her.  She is drinking very heavily and that is making her even more depressed.  She rents to several people and they are all on vacay this week, so it has been even harder for her.  She could really use some prayers.  She has had a very tough life.  She will be at a basset affair this weekend and next.  This weekend is Girl's Weekend, so I will not be able to go, but I am hoping to go next weekend.  Girl's Weekend is another reason I have been lying on the down low this week.  One day of acting part way normal and it knocks me out for 3.  I should really go on steroids, too, but have been on them too many times this year, I think.

Love you

I will keep both you and your friend in my prayers - I have been down the drink too much road and am always open to talking to someone that wants to stop. Hopefully she will bounce back and get over her grief. Unfortunately, drinking will only prolong the process!

Thanks, TBM, she does not want to stop.  One of the people she rents a room to has been sober for 7 years.  I admire this man for that, it is a really hard thing.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1076 on: September 20, 2011, 01:55:42 AM »

please pray for Josef. We are at the vet right now he isn't doing well. Nephew brought us here. Had to carry him down the stairs

I am afraid I already know the end result.  I saw Josef's pic on your avi as I went to post thoughts on Northern's thread.  I am crying so hard now I can hardly breathe.  My heart goes out to you, friend.  I truly don't know what to say except I love you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1077 on: September 20, 2011, 01:57:13 AM »

Prayers desperately needed for Josef and JSM, as she just rushed him to hospital. It appears a ruptured spleen and may not make it through the night.  :  (
Oh CC I'm so sorry to hear this, please let GE & I know if there is anything we can do, our love to both!

Thanks Babs. Just be there for JSM. I wish I was and that's what hurts so much.

Oh, CC, you must have been beside yourself when you posted this.  My heart goes out to you too, friend.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1078 on: September 20, 2011, 02:06:16 AM »

I just got home, Josef is on the oxygen and IV to keep him stable until the morning. I am praying he makes it through the night so that the girls at PetLodge can see him before we do what we have to do tomorrow. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  an angelic monkey Never thought it would happen this way. Just hard on me right now. 

Oh JSM - my heart breaks for both of you right now. I am so sorry. No words to ease the pain but know that you are a good mommy to him and have always done what was best for him.   
TBM, thank you, I have tried my best for Josef and I guess I didn't do all I could. Thank God for my nephew and all you monkeys for being here for me and big thank you to CC. Love you all.

You did more than enough, JSM.  The only reason he was here as long as he was is because of you.  You have gone above and beyond in your care for Josef.  Please, believe that.  I wish you would stop being so hard on yourself, you are such a kind, loving, and giving person who has been amazingly sensitive to all of Josef's needs.  You have treated your fur baby with the utmost care.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1079 on: September 20, 2011, 02:11:43 AM »

JSM, my prayers, you all were so kind to me when Zoe passed, that will never be forgotten. I came to know Josef, fell in love with Josef, enjoyed stories about Josef. Came on here today, just sick about what is happening, you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Not good at words, but tears are running down my face, peace to you and all that have been touched by Josef. Can't help but think that perhaps Zoe and Josef will be playing together  an angelic monkey

I think they are, too, No Rose,  I have missed you.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.