May 04, 2024, 04:52:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 513462 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »

UPDATE: (News Cool  The search for Chelsea King continues overnight Monday.  Crews are still searching Lake Hodges and will continue to do so Tuesday morning.  Late Monday night, search crews also went to several Rancho Bernardo locations, but there's no official comment as to why they were searching those areas.  Some of them appeared to be construction sites.
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12048619

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2010, 03:49:03 AM »

Based on JAG's arrest when he was 18 in Twin Peaks, I looked up the high school in Lake Arrowhead. This may or may not be him.

John Gardner  Already a member? Log In 
  John Gardner
Rim of the World High School

Lake arrowhead, CA

Class of 1997

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: March 02, 2010, 03:56:22 AM »

As a parent myself and with all my faults I do know the difference between right and wrong. If I taught this to my child (I did) and they did not learn from my example (to those who don't understand watch the "Bad Seed" black and with version) I would still do the right thing and go to the police. Even if I stood by my son. I would give any detail no matter how small to help find a missing girl that my son may or may not have abducted. I would still set the example.

His Grandmothers house conveniently dropped in his lap just after Amber went missing. 8 months ago I think. Grandma's in the hospital and if the police broke down the door the occupants (other couple) must be suspicious characters too.

Where did he dump her body???????????  We all want to know!!!!!!!!
Exactly!  Where did he live at the time Amber was taken? Bet integraScan wasn't wrong...bet it was right down the street from her school...

As far as the parents..I've already said my piece, however, at the time of the jogger assault she bloodied his nose or face, it had to be swollen, bruised, he had to be angry, with the news coverage of the crime and his injury and his proximity to the crime...nobody in the family thought it was him? Either denial or something going on

I listened to reports by Phil Blauer at www.cbs8.com and it sounds like he was living at Rock Springs Rd at the time Amber went missing. He got off on parole in 2008 and was living at Rock Springs rd. Maybe he moved out of there and moved in with G Ma. That would be why they did not check the Esc address.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2010, 04:28:39 AM »

Thinking out loud here. The guy gets paroled Sept 2008 and moves to Rock Springs Road. 6 months later Amber disappears. At some point he is living with his G Mom. They search his Mom's house and G Moms house, and concentrate on the shed (per neighbor)

Neighbor in Lake E says he was always doing things around the house. Putting up shelves, working in the attic....*check that attic

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2010, 04:31:59 AM »

Goodnight Bearly, Sebastian, and guests

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2010, 07:33:32 AM »

http://www.wpri.com/dpps/news/us_news/west/family-holds-out-hope-for-california-teens-return-jgr_3257355
Family holds out hope for teen's return
Chelsea King disappeared Thursday in California

Updated: Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 7:13 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 7:13 AM EST

* ELLIOT SPAGAT,Associated Press Writer

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Chelsea King is a straight-A student who plays French horn for the San Diego Youth Symphony, runs on the school cross-country team and actively volunteers in a peer counseling program.

At Poway High School, photos adorn the walls with the caption, "Last seen 2-25 at RB Community Park wearing running clothes."

The 17-year-old's family and authorities are holding out hope that she will return safely. She disappeared Thursday, and a search for her has spread over an area of about four square miles, covered with rocks and heavy vegetation. The focus of the search has been on the waters and shore of Lake Hodges, a popular area for trail runners.
John Gardner III, 30, remained in custody without bail after his arrest outside a Mexican restaurant in suburban Escondido on Sunday. Steve Walker, a spokesman for the San Diego County district attorney's office, said a decision would be made by Wednesday about filing charges against the registered sex offender.

Gardner, of Lake Elsinore, pleaded guilty in May 2000 to molesting a 13-year-old female neighbor and was sentenced to six years in prison. Prosecutors say he lured the victim to his home with an offer to watch "Patch Adams," a 1998 movie starring Robin Williams.

Sheriff Bill Gore told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday that the questioning of Gardner hadn't produced any leads. Sheriff's spokeswoman, Jan Caldwell, declined to say if searches of Gardner's home and his mother's San Diego home yielded evidence.

Brent King, Chelsea's father, pleaded for anyone with information about Gardner to come forward. Investigators suspect Gardner could be tied to a Dec. 27 assault on a female jogger from Colorado who fended off her attacker in the same park.

"Anybody who knows anything about the person they have in custody — whatever you want to call him, I can't even put a word to it — please let us know," he said.

In an interview Monday, the Kings, who also have a 13-year-old son, recounted their daughter's disappearance.
Brent, 47, returned from the gym around 5:30 p.m. Thursday, the same time his wife, Kelly, 48, came home with groceries. Their daughter, who always kept them abreast of her whereabouts, wasn't home.

First, they called her cell phone, then her friends. A friend's mother suggested an AT&T Web site, which led them to her cell phone that was left inside her 1994 BMW parked near the tennis courts at the park.

"Because it was so out of character for Chelsea not to tell us or call us and say I'm going to be late ... we just had that feeling," Brent King said.

Kelly called 911 as her husband drove to the park. Brent looked first at the tennis courts, then saw a trail headed into the woods.

"I took off and ran down the trail as far as I could run, calling out for my daughter at the top of my voice in every direction," he said.

Chelsea was born in Poway, a well-to-do suburb of homes and office parks northeast of San Diego. The family followed Brent King's job in mortgage banking to the San Francisco Bay area and to the Chicago area before returning to San Diego. Their home was badly damaged in 2007 wildfires that ravaged Southern California.

Chelsea is taking four Advanced Placement courses and applied to 11 colleges, with an eye toward a career that would combine her interests in writing and environmental protection. She has been accepted to two schools, University of Washington and University of British Columbia.
"She is one of the most driven, personable, caring people that you could ever meet," Brent King said. "Her goal in life is to brighten everyone's day. That's what she does, and when she walks into the room, you know she's there."

She often stays up studying past midnight, working so hard that her parents urge her to ease off and spend more time with friends. Long-distance running was her escape.

"That was her outlet when she was stressed about a test or needed to just clear her head," Kelly King said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »

He was so violent to the 13 year old.. and he was only 21 then.
He is probably a maniac now. rushing people like a linebacker.

He is silent from what I can tell. Not talking at all.
He was already incarserated and he knows the ropes.. He knows to keep his mouth shut and to have no thoughts on the subject..

News tonight said when he was (I think they said 17) he got in trouble molesting a girl but since they were the same age or close, it was determined to be consensual.

This is something that pizzes me off. If a man of the same age rapes a woman of his age it is still rape. Why is it when the kids are near the same age it is sex play or consensual. I know young kids play games like "I will show you mine if you show me yours" - but when adults can be fooled by these animals why not kids of their age?  I know a psychopath - he has been cunning and crafty since he was a child. He has no remorse. And when he did give a hit of his true self as a child, it was dismissed as ADHD or some other psychiatric diagnosis. I knew in my heart something was wrong but everyone kept telling me that I was judgmental or just did not like the kid. Later (several years ago) it was discovered he was molesting kids for several years - he was a master manipulator - he talked the kids into doing things based on him giving them something.  He talked girls and boys near his age and much different ages. He was prosecuted but only for two of the molestations - the rest (numbering up to 14) were either written off as lies by the victims or "sex play". It makes me sick - even if it is consensual 12 years olds do not have intercourse - and it should be taken seriously.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »

OT-I was searching for info on Gardner and the 2nd site I clicked on was one of those that come up and say...you have viruses and trojans...download this fix. Then when I went to X out of it, it made a ping sound and would not leave. What are you supposed to do when that happens?

Another problem I need help with. When making a post, the page jumps around and I can't see what I typed until it is finished. I had the problem before and I do not remember the cure someone gave me for it. Does anyone have a solution?

Shell

1.  When I find a webpage that tries to download a program I simply attempt to close down that tab, website ASAP.  It happens to me often.

2.  If you are using IE8 go to (I think), tools/options and click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW.    That should help.  I was having so many problems with IE8 (including the jumping) I switched to Firefox and haven't had any problems since.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »

May not have any connection but....

http://www.10news.com/news/22713518/detail.html

Body Found Floating In Pond In East Village

POSTED: 5:00 am PST March 2, 2010
SAN DIEGO -- San Diego police Tuesday investigated the death of someone whose body was found floating in a small body of water in the East Village.

The body was found in a drainage pond near San Diego Bay in the 1200 block of Imperial Avenue around 11:10 p.m. Monday, said San Diego police Officer Dino Delimitros.

No other details about the body were immediately released.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/poway/article_8c75fb6a-9a52-5360-b847-c14c8ea84808.html

POWAY: Mix of anger, restlessness at Poway High

By CHRIS NICHOLS - cnichols@nctimes.com | Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 10:09 pm

Emotions ranged from anger to sorrow to optimism at Poway High School on Monday, one day after a suspect was arrested in the disappearance of 17-year-old Chelsea King, a senior at the suburban San Diego County school.

Chelsea, a cross-country runner and student peer counselor, vanished Thursday evening after driving to Lake Hodges to go for a run. She remained missing as of Monday night.

On Sunday, John Albert Gardner III, a registered sex offender from Lakeland Village near Lake Elsinore, was arrested near Lake Hodges in connection with Chelsea's disappearance. He was booked Sunday on suspicion of the rape and murder of the missing girl.

Many students at the inland North County school on Monday wore blue, Chelsea's favorite color, as a sign of support for their classmate. Some sobbed openly at lunch when blue ribbons were handed out, said junior Will Crawford, 17.

Others continued to find ways to aid the search for Chelsea, passing out fliers of the strawberry blonde girl or updating a Facebook page about her disappearance, said Traci Barker-Ball, a longtime Poway High teacher who advises the school's 88 student peer counselors.

Chelsea's disappearance is the third in a string of traumatic events for the school in the past year.

In December, Veronica Aguirre, 17, a senior at the school, was killed when she lost control of a vehicle she was driving on Mountain Meadow Road in rural Escondido.

Another student, Clayton Blackburn, who would have been a sophomore this year, died in his sleep last summer.

"It's been a roller coaster," said junior Zach Gelwix, 17, Chelsea's classmate and a fellow peer counselor at Poway High.

Principal Scott Fisher said students have reached out to one another, to teachers and counselors to cope with the tragedy. He added that he's trying to balance the campus' grief with the reality that school must go on.

"We want to provide normalcy, too," he said.

Two sheriff's deputies patrolled the campus grounds Monday, one more than normal, school officials said. No extra school counselors have been required, the principal said.

Officials said no extra security measures were needed for students walking home. The majority are picked up by parents or take the bus to and from the campus, which is set in the city's rural residential northeast corner.

Parents expressed a mix of worry and helplessness.

"We can't keep them in the house all the time, so we just have to teach them to be safe," said Judy Ridgeway, as she picked up her 14-year-old daughter in front of the school.

Fliers with Chelsea's picture are affixed to gates, poles and inside cars from Poway to Rancho Bernardo and beyond. Gelwix, Chelsea's classmate, said he and other supporters drove as far as Arizona on Sunday to hand out fliers.

Blue ribbons, tied by Chelsea's classmates and supporters, adorned trees throughout the suburban communities.

Poway High's electronic message board read one constant message: "If you have any information about Chelsea King, please call 858-565-5200."

Inside the school's main office, junior Jenna Belknap, 17, said she's struggled with school since her friend Chelsea vanished.

"It's just so hard to focus, knowing one of your best friends is missing," she said. "And you're just playing all the scenarios in your head. ... What will we find?"

Belknap, who runs cross country and is a peer counselor with Chelsea, said keeping busy on search efforts brings her comfort. The cross country team, she noted, will soon hand out green and gray rubber bracelets that read "Never run alone," with Chelsea's initials on them.

"When Chelsea comes back, I think she'll really appreciate all the efforts we've done to make sure this never happens again," Belknap said.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: March 02, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »

Sebastian thanks so much for the pictures 

Morning Monks. I am catching up from last night, but wanted to thank Sebastian for the pictures and everyone for the updates...reading on...was so hoping to sign on this morning and read she had been found alive.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: March 02, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »

Channel 8 (KFMB) news at 5:

A shoe, sweatshirt and sunglasses were among the evidence discovered.

There were still nearly 1000 volunteers out today, even with work and school back - the number is NOT much less than it was when people were off over the weekend.

San Diego county is one of the FEW counties in the state of California that is not liberal in their beliefs. People are outraged! People that I know that don't usually follow these cases are contacting me. I think heads may role because of all of this. Maybe this would be the time for lawmakers to try and get some stricter laws passed.

I am glad to see people outraged............more people need to get outraged IMO....we, the people, have to  put a stop to the madness.

Sebastian, are you a member of a search group? I wondered why people are contacting you about the case?  Glad they are  of course.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16:58 AM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/The-Search-for-Chelsea-King-85947917.html

The Search for Chelsea King
The focus of the official search is a 14-mile stretch of Lake Hodges

By R. STICKNEY and ARTIE OJEDA
Updated 6:00 AM PST, Tue, Mar 2, 2010

As law enforcement focused on a14-miles stretch of the Lake Hodges shore and searched through the night, hundreds of volunteers are organizing for yet another day of searching for missing Poway teenager Chelsea King.

The 17-year-old's family and authorities are holding out hope that she will return safely. She disappeared Thursday, and a search for her has spread over an area of about four square miles, covered with rocks and heavy vegetation. The focus of the search has been on the waters and shore of Lake Hodges, a popular area for trail runners.

More than 100 officers from multiple agencies are involved in the official search for Chelsea. An FBI dive team was brought in Monday equipped with sonar equipment to aid in the search.

John Gardner III, 30, remained in custody without bail after his arrest outside a Mexican restaurant in suburban Escondido on Sunday.

Sources say they found Gardner’s DNA on some of Chelsea King's clothing found on the shores of the lake. Gardner was in the criminal database because of a 2000 conviction of lewd act with a child.

Gardner had been living at his mother's Rancho Bernardo home about a mile from the search area. Agents have taken property from the home where a hand-written sign was posted Monday: "We have no statement, please stay off of our property."

Gardner also had a home in Lake Elsinore. Neighbors say agents kicked down the door looking for Gardner Sunday. He wasn't there.

According to court records from his 2000 conviction, Gardner picked up a 13 year-old girl at a bus stop, took her back to his Rancho Bernardo home, where he assaulted and beat her. His five-year prison term ended in 2005, after which he served three years parole.

Gardner is scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow. Steve Walker, a spokesman for the San Diego County district attorney's office, said a decision would be made by Wednesday about filing charges against the registered sex offender.

Volunteers wanting to help in the search for Chelsea King Tuesday should go to 11858 Bernardo Plaza Ct. in Rancho Bernardo behind Citibank.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: March 02, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »

Hey folks - a noob to this site.

Just wanted to post as a Poway parent with kids at Poway High in band with Chelsea.

I have seen posts wanting a change in laws.  Here are two I think need to be considered -

1) If you knowingly house a registered sex offender for more than 4 days a year you should have to report it to local law enforcement, or be considered an accessory to their evasion of registration laws;

2) Sex offenders like Gardner should be subject to mandatory Chemical Castration if they choose to reside in California.  Chemical castration is not castration but instead is the administration of drugs that dampen libido.  The effects aren't permanent but effective at making these cretins more passive.  Of course, the ACLU opposes it as "cruel and unusual punishment" without any basis - all the more reason to support the idea.

Hi Adam....thanks and welcome to SM

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: March 02, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »

In interview of 13 yr olds parents
One parent said they thought daughter was going to lose her eye he beat her so badly.

http://www.10news.com/index.html

thanks shell.....I can't believe....take that back, of course I believe, just don't understand, how this monster could have been let loose....the powers to be KNEW he was dangerous and would strike again......

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: March 02, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_505a6408-7785-5fcb-91f0-62d8aade0e97.html

REGION: Search continues for Chelsea King; suspect faces murder, rape charges

News report: Victim's underwear found in Lake Hodges area

Staff and wire reports | Posted: March 1, 2010 3:11 pm

The search for a missing Poway girl is continuing despite the arrest of a registered sex offender Sunday in connection with her disappearance.

Thirty-year-old John Albert Gardner III of Lakeland Village near Lake Elsinore was booked into county jail on charges of murder and rape, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Ten years ago, Gardner pleaded guilty to charges related to the sexual assault of a Rancho Bernardo girl, according to court records.

Chelsea King, 17, disappeared Thursday after going for a run near Lake Hodges at Rancho Bernardo Community Park in San Diego, a popular regional park full of running trails. Her car, with her cell phone and iPod inside, were found later that night.

Search and rescue personnel on Monday morning and afternoon focused their search on the north shore of Lake Hodges, near Hernandez's Hideaway restaurant where Gardner was arrested Sunday afternoon.
(snipped)

thanks Klaas....looking at the pictures breaks my heart....what must it do to the King's......they know, we know....yet we all hold on to some glimmer of hope....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: March 02, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »

thanks  shell

snipped from the article

In the documents, the district attorney said: "Defendant picked a very meek, young victim who trusted him and lured her to a location where she would be particularly vulnerable and then had his way with her."

Even though Gardner pleaded guilty, a psychiatrist who examined him said he took no responsibility whatsoever.

The district attorney said: "Not only has the defendant never expressed one scintilla of remorse for his attack upon the victim, he has even gone so far as to blame the victim's mother and claim she somehow attacked her own daughter."

The psychiatrist said of Gardner: "It is my opinion that the defendant would be a continued danger to underage girls in the community."

It came out in court that Gardner had fondled a 14-year-old girl a year earlier. Although the district attorney did not require him to plead guilty to that charge, the DA said "the defendant obviously has an unnatural interest in very young girls. The defendant's actions are extremely predatory and this makes him very dangerous."

yet he was let out, and let out EARLY............

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: March 02, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »

thanks NR....

Rest in Peace Caylee

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #658 on: March 02, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »

You know, what a damn shame. This young lady is out doing something she enjoys, being healthy, being strong and this happens. 

This creep should be locked in a room with an angry mob.

I remember you, Caylee.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: March 02, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »

In my humble opinion, the best thing that can be accomplished on the border states and California and Arizona in particular - is lock the borders, and begin executing those on death row.

Those new death sentences - process their appeal in a competent fashion and none of this 20-30 years (or dying of old age) on death row. Prisons are over-crowed by repeat offenders and certainly not building enough prisons. Personally I could careless if they are overcrowded, except it puts guards in danger.

When people respect the law - the crime rate goes down, and if it doesn't, alot of trash is cleaned up and is unable to cause further harm.

agreed! always good to see you Rob! xxxx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.