May 14, 2024, 03:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #66  (Read 409750 times)
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1680 on: November 30, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »

I cannot comprehend Casey driving her vehicle around for 2 1/2 weeks with the odor of a decomposing body present.

Police officers, morgue attendants, morticians, crime-scene cleanup agencies, and coroners have used peppermint oil (usually in the form of a lip balm) which they spread around their nostrils to prevent the smell of dead bodies from unduly affecting their ability to deal with their environment.  A powerful fragrance such as peppermint oil may have been used by Casey to prevent the smell of decomposition from affecting her ability to drive, and peppermint lip balm is cheap enough that it wouldn't need an expensive traceable store receipt.

Of course, all the drug use could have affected her sense of smell to some extent, possibly enough that she wouldn't be able to smell anything during those 2-1/2 weeks the body was in the car.

But the ones you mention above, do not drive around or stay around a body for over 2 weeks!!! NOTHING could eliminate that odor from their nose, if they were in contact with a 2 weeks old dead body! It would have overwhelmed her... she would have had to throw up, pass out... or she would have pushed the car off into a lake or river.  Sorry.... but a body that had been dead that long would have been mush... and the odor would have been...........unbearable.
LE also uses Vick's Vaporub... they dab it under their nose to help mask the odor... but it sometimes doesn't mask it completely, depending on how long the body has been dead.
I am not convinced that Caylee's body was in that car longer than 2-2-1/2 days.

Two things just occurred to me about that. One, that the longer you're around a smell the more you get used to it. Your nose will adjust and stop smelling certain things after about 45 minutes. That's the first thing. The second thing is that a container might have made it so the body didn't smell for several days, not until the gas popped the lid or forced fluid out the spigot or seams or whatever.

But I'm thinking probably the body was moved into and out of the car. CA said contemptuously that the cadaver dogs that hit on the car "were the same ones that cleared our house," as if they OUGHT to have hit on the house if they were any good.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1681 on: November 30, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »

Sorry for my rudeness - WELCOME TRUTH SEEKER!!

Thank ALL of you for my welcome!  I am a long time lurker and really respect and enjoy this board.  Have been hesitant to remark because I have a lot of compassion for Cindy (even though I sadly believe dear Caylee is not with us anymore). 

I am a grandmother also, and if anyone told me my son hurt my grandson I would would never believe it.  He is a loving father and from what people have said Casey APPEARED to be a loving mother up until all of this came down.

I guess this is why I have compassion for this poor grandmother.  If she truly believes Casey did not hurt Caylee there is nothing ANYONE can say that will convince her otherwise.  I just can not imagine the pure h*ll she is going through.  I think we are witnessing the mental breakdown of this poor woman and it will only get worse before all is resolved.   

Sorry to bring this up again, I had family here and wasn't able to get back to thank all of you for the welcome.  Hope no one gets mad at me for having a different view of Cindy.  MYTIME, stand nearby, I probably will need your help, LOL.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Welcome Truth Seeker,

I hold a different view of Cindy Anthony.  Watch her interviews with the FBI, they are very eye opening.

Lisa
Welcome Truth Seeker. I also don't hold the same view as you do with Cindy, but I certainly would not be mad at your view. George, for awhile I thought was doing the right thing esp. at the Grand Jury. It is very difficult to think grandparents would have involvement with covering up to save their daughter. But after months of reading docs, and watching videos of George and Cindy, my conclusion is they have and are doing whatever they have too, to save their daughter.
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1682 on: November 30, 2008, 12:08:06 PM »

Truth Seeker, what I like most about this board is the respect given to differing opinions.

As a human being, I hurt for the pain and emotional trauma I see Cindy going through right now.  I had rather not see her complete and total melt-down which I feel sure is coming.  I'm afraid it's going to happen when she least expects it and I believe that such a destruction should be kept private.

However, that is not to say that I will turn off my computer or quit reading the media accounts.  I have invested too much of my emotional self not to see how this continues and eventually ends. 

Personally, I felt sympathy and sorrow for Cindy when this all began.  I realize her loss is great and the depth of the loss is unimaginable but she lost me somewhere in all the non-cooperation and blame game. 

I never have been able to deal very well with those who lie.  I'd just as soon someone spit in my face as lie to me.  It not only questions my intelligence but it also tarnishes the character of the liar and greatly affects my future interactions with that person.  I give trust easily...very easily...I believe in the good but when I see someone intentionally misrepresent truth, I negate the trust I had so freely given.  It can be earned again but it is a slow process.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1683 on: November 30, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »

Two things just occurred to me about that. One, that the longer you're around a smell the more you get used to it. Your nose will adjust and stop smelling certain things after about 45 minutes. That's the first thing. The second thing is that a container might have made it so the body didn't smell for several days, not until the gas popped the lid or forced fluid out the spigot or seams or whatever. 
But I'm thinking probably the body was moved into and out of the car. CA said contemptuously that the cadaver dogs that hit on the car "were the same ones that cleared our house," as if they OUGHT to have hit on the house if they were any good.

[/quote]
Fuzzball, I somehow dont think anyone can adjust to the smell of rotting flesh. I have smelled it and man-o-man..a perfumed mask on my face didnt do the trick either..

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1684 on: November 30, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »

YIKES! I really messed that one up.. 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1685 on: November 30, 2008, 12:14:22 PM »

[
I cannot comprehend Casey driving her vehicle around for 2 1/2 weeks with the odor of a decomposing body present.

Police officers, morgue attendants, morticians, crime-scene cleanup agencies, and coroners have used peppermint oil (usually in the form of a lip balm) which they spread around their nostrils to prevent the smell of dead bodies from unduly affecting their ability to deal with their environment.  A powerful fragrance such as peppermint oil may have been used by Casey to prevent the smell of decomposition from affecting her ability to drive, and peppermint lip balm is cheap enough that it wouldn't need an expensive traceable store receipt.

Of course, all the drug use could have affected her sense of smell to some extent, possibly enough that she wouldn't be able to smell anything during those 2-1/2 weeks the body was in the car.
[/quote]

But the ones you mention above, do not drive around or stay around a body for over 2 weeks!!! NOTHING could eliminate that odor from their nose, if they were in contact with a 2 weeks old dead body! It would have overwhelmed her... she would have had to throw up, pass out... or she would have pushed the car off into a lake or river.  Sorry.... but a body that had been dead that long would have been mush... and the odor would have been...........unbearable.
LE also uses Vick's Vaporub... they dab it under their nose to help mask the odor... but it sometimes doesn't mask it completely, depending on how long the body has been dead.
I am not convinced that Caylee's body was in that car longer than 2-2-1/2 days.
[/quote]

[/quote]
AWESOME CATCH !!!!!!!! That one went right over my head until you said that....She stated this to Rick in one of her emails I believe.   Bev
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1686 on: November 30, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

Truth Seeker, what I like most about this board is the respect given to differing opinions.

As a human being, I hurt for the pain and emotional trauma I see Cindy going through right now.  I had rather not see her complete and total melt-down which I feel sure is coming.  I'm afraid it's going to happen when she least expects it and I believe that such a destruction should be kept private.

However, that is not to say that I will turn off my computer or quit reading the media accounts.  I have invested too much of my emotional self not to see how this continues and eventually ends. 

Personally, I felt sympathy and sorrow for Cindy when this all began.  I realize her loss is great and the depth of the loss is unimaginable but she lost me somewhere in all the non-cooperation and blame game. 

I never have been able to deal very well with those who lie.  I'd just as soon someone spit in my face as lie to me.  It not only questions my intelligence but it also tarnishes the character of the liar and greatly affects my future interactions with that person.  I give trust easily...very easily...I believe in the good but when I see someone intentionally misrepresent truth, I negate the trust I had so freely given.  It can be earned again but it is a slow process.

Very well stated, Toy..I couldn't agree more. Excellent!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1687 on: November 30, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »

Klaas...you have mail. 

Thanks Numbersgirl - here are the OSCO codes:

List of calls at the Anthony home:

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1688 on: November 30, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »

Another point I'd like to add...the Anthony's initially settled in on the last date they saw Caylee was June 9.  Let's take an informal poll...if someone asked you about an event that happened 30 days ago...would you give them a date (as in the 9th of the Month) or would you tie that event to another known event (Father's Day)?....I personally couldn't give the date - but I could remember that something happened on, for instance, a holiday..a fews days after a holiday, etc.  What do you all think?
I would have connected an event with a holiday and Father's day is a holiday....except in the Anthony household.
That was kinda strange how they all zoomed in on June 9th.....the wrong date.You would think at least Cindy and George would remember the last day/date they saw their own Grand Daughter,especially since the 15th was the last day they saw her alive.

Good morning monkeys! 

When they all focused wrongly on the same day, that was when I first started thinking this whole thing was scripted by the family.  Cuz in my family, had one of us been off by a week, one of the others would have said something like, 'nuh uh! it was ......, remember?'  But all of the A's were claiming the same wrong day.     

And yes, I'd likely have remembered it more easily by the fact it was father's day rather than the date anyway.  For sure whatever day/date I had last seen my grandchild alive, that day/date would be seared forever into my memory.  I'd be replaying that day over and over in my head, there'd be no way I'd ever forget it or be off by a week. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1689 on: November 30, 2008, 12:47:55 PM »

Check out all the 'storage containers' in the Anthony garage...     wonder if any are missing...   

(click on the link below, start the slide show, then skip to pics 7 thru 15)

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17497294/detail.html

OMG Wyks! Good catch! Those look like real heavy duty ones too! I'm sure the Ant's wouldn't say anything if one was missing and what an incredible stroke of luck if KC needed something water tight to transport Caylee's body!

Thanks Boo, that's what I was thinking too.  And sooooo easily accessible to Casey, she very likely was in the garage right there when a container of sorts was needed.  And I agree that the A's wouldn't have mentioned something like that missing. 

txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1690 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »

Another point I'd like to add...the Anthony's initially settled in on the last date they saw Caylee was June 9.  Let's take an informal poll...if someone asked you about an event that happened 30 days ago...would you give them a date (as in the 9th of the Month) or would you tie that event to another known event (Father's Day)?....I personally couldn't give the date - but I could remember that something happened on, for instance, a holiday..a fews days after a holiday, etc.  What do you all think?
I would have connected an event with a holiday and Father's day is a holiday....except in the Anthony household.
That was kinda strange how they all zoomed in on June 9th.....the wrong date.You would think at least Cindy and George would remember the last day/date they saw their own Grand Daughter,especially since the 15th was the last day they saw her alive.

Good morning monkeys! 

When they all focused wrongly on the same day, that was when I first started thinking this whole thing was scripted by the family.  Cuz in my family, had one of us been off by a week, one of the others would have said something like, 'nuh uh! it was ......, remember?'  But all of the A's were claiming the same wrong day.     

And yes, I'd likely have remembered it more easily by the fact it was father's day rather than the date anyway.  For sure whatever day/date I had last seen my grandchild alive, that day/date would be seared forever into my memory.  I'd be replaying that day over and over in my head, there'd be no way I'd ever forget it or be off by a week. 

And in Cindy's interview with the FBI, she was very flippant about not remembering.

Lisa
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1691 on: November 30, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »

If anyone thinks that Cindy is a grieving grandmother, I strongly suggest reviewing Cindy's interview with the FBI.  It's all about protecting Casey. 

Lisa
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1692 on: November 30, 2008, 01:04:05 PM »

Fuzzball, I somehow dont think anyone can adjust to the smell of rotting flesh. I have smelled it and man-o-man..a perfumed mask on my face didnt do the trick either..
[/quote]

From what ya'll have said, I don't think I've ever smelled anything as bad as you describe...but I know from my husband's work experience that foul odors can eventually coast you your sense of smell.

My husband worked for Environment and Conservation for the state and one of his first jobs within the department was to inspect sewage plants in his region.  He has absolutely no smell.  Thursday the entire house smelled of sage but he didn't smell it.  The irony is that he says he could hire me out as a bloodhound!  (I've mentioned before that I think my keen sense of smell is to compensate for my poor eyesight.)

I would think that Casey's sense of smell wasn't destroyed in that length of time but I would imagine she adjusted to it.  I don't understand though (as someone mentioned earlier) how others didn't smell the odor on her. 
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1693 on: November 30, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »

Good morning monkeys! 

Truthseeker first of all let me say I agree with you to a certain point . I have always believed there was an accident of some sort and Casey went into denial. With Casey in denial Cindy believed her crap. I do think Cindy has been an enabler.

I have always wondered about the June 9 date. Why has that date stuck with everyone? During the initial missing child call to 911 Casey said she had not seen Casey for 31 days but then Cindy is saying June 9 so Casey changed to that date as well. I think Casey knew the difference but went along with her Mom. Why?
It was not until the Fathers day video and the employees at MT Dora said Cindy was there with Caylee that they changed the date.

I do not have a link but if I remember correctly on June 9 a Zenaida Gozales from Brevard County Moms site Zenaida's office was broken into. I do not remember what was taken but do remember her mentioning on the site. She also when this case broke said she was not the Zenaida. It still makes me wonder if she took something from this Zenaida.

Also I know I would not be able to know what took place on a certain day unless there was a reason for it to stick out in my mind.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1694 on: November 30, 2008, 01:16:28 PM »

From what ya'll have said, I don't think I've ever smelled anything as bad as you describe...but I know from my husband's work experience that foul odors can eventually coast you your sense of smell.

My husband worked for Environment and Conservation for the state and one of his first jobs within the department was to inspect sewage plants in his region.  He has absolutely no smell.  Thursday the entire house smelled of sage but he didn't smell it.  The irony is that he says he could hire me out as a bloodhound!  (I've mentioned before that I think my keen sense of smell is to compensate for my poor eyesight.)

I would think that Casey's sense of smell wasn't destroyed in that length of time but I would imagine she adjusted to it.  I don't understand though (as someone mentioned earlier) how others didn't smell the odor on her. 
[/quote]

It's very difficult to compare the odour of decomposition to any other.

If sage were a breeze, decomp is a category 5 hurricane.

I once had to deal with the repercussions of a person who lay dead in an un-airconditioned apartment in the summertime for four days.

After the carpet was torn up and the place scrubbed and repainted, the smell was still nauseating.  Months later, it was still apparent, even in the apartments next door and below.

People would have noticed the smell hanging around Casey, if she spent any time at all in a car with a body over that amount of time.
West Coast Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1695 on: November 30, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »

Would Fire/Rescue be called for a suicide attempt.  CA, when asked by the FBI about KC's mental health, seemed deceptive in her answer, as I recall...well, more deceptive than usual that is.  I'll have to rewatch when time permits, but was just wondering about others thoughts in that regard.

To tell you the truth, I don't think KC would ever try to commit suicide, it's all about her. She would just be checking through the household papers for that will. BUT family members have commented on Cindy's mental state and we all know about George's threats and the gun found in his car. Maybe not the first time for either of them!

This would have been back in high school and I was thinking an attempt would be a way to get attention.  But you're right, Cindy's mental state is definintely off too, she likes the drama as well, plus her mother talks about unhappiness with her life in the emails.  Strange family for sure!
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1696 on: November 30, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »

Good morning monkeys! 

Truthseeker first of all let me say I agree with you to a certain point . I have always believed there was an accident of some sort and Casey went into denial. With Casey in denial Cindy believed her crap. I do think Cindy has been an enabler.

I have always wondered about the June 9 date. Why has that date stuck with everyone? During the initial missing child call to 911 Casey said she had not seen Casey for 31 days but then Cindy is saying June 9 so Casey changed to that date as well. I think Casey knew the difference but went along with her Mom. Why?
It was not until the Fathers day video and the employees at MT Dora said Cindy was there with Caylee that they changed the date.

I do not have a link but if I remember correctly on June 9 a Zenaida Gozales from Brevard County Moms site Zenaida's office was broken into. I do not remember what was taken but do remember her mentioning on the site. She also when this case broke said she was not the Zenaida. It still makes me wonder if she took something from this Zenaida.

Also I know I would not be able to know what took place on a certain day unless there was a reason for it to stick out in my mind.

Sam

Sam, I have a theory about the June 9 "non" mistake.

On June 9 In Jay Blanchard Park, a jogger was murdered.  (This is also what causes me to believe she may actually be in that park).

I think the plan was to hope that LE and the public got that "AHA" moment when they realized that more than just Nicole's murder went down that night.

I think noone was as surprised as Cindy that she'd forgotten Fathers' Day!  As for Casey...I imagine she did know when it was but I think she'd learned from an early age not to think, not to question...if you know what I mean.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1697 on: November 30, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »

If anyone thinks that Cindy is a grieving grandmother, I strongly suggest reviewing Cindy's interview with the FBI.  It's all about protecting Casey. 

Lisa
Amen. And George and Lee are all about protecting her as well. There is no shame at all, with these three.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1698 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »

Just thinking back on some of the other things that have happened in this case that I still have questions on...

Do we know yet where Amy's totalled car is?  It had been stored (with a cover on it) at Tony's apts, (during the time Casey was staying there), and Casey seemed to want to keep it there.  Wonder if she ever put Caylee in it while it was parked/stored at the apts?  Wonder if Caylee's remains were placed inside at any point?  Wonder if the key that Lee got was to this car and what, if anything, he might know or have done? 

Have we learned anything else about that guy who gave an interview outside the jail after being released?  Curious to know if that was just another someone wanting 15 minutes of fame, or does he know something? 

You know I don't remember reading about Amy's totaled car or about Lee having a key to which car? Where did you find this info?? 

There's soooooo much stuff to read thru, it's hard to keep up with it all! 

In her interview with LE, Amy talks about totaling her car on June 6th and other stuff.  http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/ah092308.pdf  Plus, she and Casey talked about the car in IM/phone/facebook msgs/txts too. 

In Lee's interview with LE, he talks about the key.  I don't have a link, but the following is on page 27 in a doc released on Sept. 23:

---

LA: Uh-hum (affirmative).

EE: … or, or a set of keys?

LA: Just her, yeah (affirmative), her, her one car key, yes.

EE: That you recognize as the key that was probably to the car your sister was using while they ….

LA: Exactly.

EE: … were in Puerto Rico?

LA: It was a key that I had never seen before. I know all of our family’s car keys. So it just was easy for me to figure out that had to be Amy’s, Amy’s car key.

EE: And you called Amy and destroyed that key for her?

LA: The next, yeah (affirmative), the next day she reached out to me and said, “Hey, my key’s on her, probably on her key ring somewhere.” And I said, “I already, I’m one step ahead of you. (Laughs). I already got it. Consider it, consider it taken care of,” so.

invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1699 on: November 30, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »

Sam

Sam .. I have always thought that the possibility of the ZG in Brevard County incident had something to do w/this case ... Just too weird if you ask me ...

I also have wondered if Casey later mentioned that ZG and her sister knocked her down in JBP b/c of the recent murder of Nicole Ganguzza who had been murdered on the Econ Trail on June 10th ..

Maybe she was going to set up the scenerio that there was a kidnapper/murderer running around JBP after reading about Nicole's murder, and she forgot for a moment (got caught up in one of her lies) that she had mentioned ZG's name for the kidnapping incident at SawGrass ...

Maybe she just got caught up between two possible scenerios for Caylee being missing and got caught up in her own deception by crossing the two stories ...

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.