May 13, 2024, 02:20:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 300111 times)
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #900 on: June 23, 2005, 05:48:45 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
PM'S have been disabled on this board. I wonder why?

To save bandwidth given all the attention this board has been getting.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #901 on: June 23, 2005, 05:48:47 PM »

WELL AT LEAST THE PRISONERS GITMO DETAINEES NEVER RECIEVED A TRIAL VERY IMPORTANT POINT

Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "chloe2"
Anita van der Sloot insisted her husband had done nothing wrong and said Aruban authorities had arrested him because they were under pressure from the U.S. government and the news media to produce results.

"My husband is a man of integrity who has been working in the justice system 15 years and was taken without evidence," she said. "How can this happen? This is not about Natalee anymore. It's about enormous pressure from the states and the media."

from the msnbc article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8290302/

Nice. Blame it on the U.S. A familiar MO as of late what with Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, etc.

None of these people (Joran, Paul, Gitmo detainees, Saddam Hussein, etc.) did anything wrong. It's just the sadistic cowboys from the United States love to interrogate or torture people for no reason.

This is nothing but a media ploy, and it's beneath contempt.

YEAH, ITS ALL BUSH'S FAULT! BUSH KILLED NATALEE! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Only the facts
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #902 on: June 23, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »

The press confrence is to address the Hollaway's statement regarding the arrest of PVDS
Teo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #903 on: June 23, 2005, 05:49:21 PM »

Wonder where all the Aruban locals are? I'm surprised none have shown up.

You should look better, theyw were here, but since notting new showed up beside the last arrest of Paul van der sloot...

Teo

You can always listen to different Arubian Radio stations at http://www.arubadag.com so tune in and be informed at the spot
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #904 on: June 23, 2005, 05:49:45 PM »

Hello Monkeys.  

1st. impression: case is about to be wrapped up.  Son and dad guilty.

2nd impression: based on Greta saying if these are the guilty people.  This case may turn out totally different than we expect. Not a quote, but a basic paraphrase.  This may not be the end of this story.

3rd impression:  How sad for all the families involved.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #905 on: June 23, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
With Fox News unavailable in Aruba, I believe the unaware PVDS was effectively ambushed by the savvy Greta van Susteren, a seasoned prosecutor who, in her subtle stealth-like manner, ripped the case wide open.

What a way with words you have my dear.

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #906 on: June 23, 2005, 05:51:07 PM »

Quote from: "golden"
Hello Monkeys.  

2nd impression: based on Greta saying if these are the guilty people.  This case may turn out totally different than we expect. Not a quote, but a basic paraphrase.  This may not be the end of this story.

Yes, golden. In spite of her "pressure from the states" remark, I feel really bad for Mrs. Van der Sloot. Two families torn apart.
Teo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #907 on: June 23, 2005, 05:51:10 PM »

Not sure about Aruba....will be broadcast on MSM...

Thank you Nancy Drew, I can't receive that channel so I have to wait till it shows up on the internet...I'll be waiting for it

Teo

You can always listen to different Arubian Radio stations at http://www.arubadag.com so tune in and be informed at the spot
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #908 on: June 23, 2005, 05:51:21 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Quote from: "Brenda"

Other than obviously being a crappy mother who didn't care where/what her kids were......I don't think she is personally responsible...
HOWEVER, exactly how many searches for Natalee did she and her family participate in??????
I have never heard of her doing anything helpful - only heard of her endlessly being quoted as saying her sonny boy was "perfect"....
lack of doing something/anything is just as telling.....

Telling of what?  Are you implying that she is covering up for the son and father and knows what happened?  I really doubt it.  Listening to her pour her heart out to Greta was revealing.  It showed she is oblivious to the reality around her.  They would never have confided in her.  She would have marched into the police and told on them immediately.  That's her reality and it bears no resemblance to the real world.

I fully agree!!!  I don't even think she's an oblivious mother.  This kid has no record, his past appears half way normal, he was loved, got good grades and played sports!  Somehow he snapped.  It does NOT mean he had a bad mother.
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #909 on: June 23, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

Margarete Wever / AP
Joran van der Sloot, the 17-year-old Dutch teen detained in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, is transferred from the police station to court on June 11.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, has insisted that the three know what happened to her daughter and that police should press them harder to tell the truth. She has asked why the three were initially released after only a couple of hours of questioning, and arrested more than a week later.

At one point before the Dutch teen's arrest, Beth Holloway Twitty confronted him in front of his home and said the teen was arrogant, saying "What do you want me to do about it?"

Anita van der Sloot said he was "under pressure at that moment." He's tall and self-confident, she added, but "he doesn't have an arrogant attitude."   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8290302/

Need I say more ?????  

This should be really obvious at this time that mama vds needs to be arrested also - at least for complicity.

MOre pressure on teh VDS's, the sooner poor Natalee's mother gets to give her daughter a decent burial.

If anita has "hurt feelings" and "feels picked on" - tough sh**.  if she had bothered to raise that scum - all this wouldnt' be going on right now.

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #910 on: June 23, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "Scott"
With Fox News unavailable in Aruba, I believe the unaware PVDS was effectively ambushed by the savvy Greta van Susteren, a seasoned prosecutor who, in her subtle stealth-like manner, ripped the case wide open.

What a way with words you have my dear.

There isn't a defense attorney who would EVER condone this interview OR any comments of any kind.  I'm thrilled this happened. But, where were their attorneys?  Yikes.
Aubiece
Scared Monkey

« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2005, 05:53:45 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
WELL AT LEAST THE PRISONERS GITMO DETAINEES NEVER RECIEVED A TRIAL VERY IMPORTANT POINT
Anita van der Sloot insisted her husband had done nothing wrong and said Aruban authorities had arrested him because they were under pressure from the U.S. government and the news media to produce results.

"My husband is a man of integrity who has been working in the justice system 15 years and was taken without evidence," she said. "How can this happen? This is not about Natalee anymore. It's about enormous pressure from the states and the media."

from the msnbc article:

Nice. Blame it on the U.S. A familiar MO as of late what with Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, etc.

None of these people (Joran, Paul, Gitmo detainees, Saddam Hussein, etc.) did anything wrong. It's just the sadistic cowboys from the United States love to interrogate or torture people for no reason.

And your point is..................?

War Damn Eagle!
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #912 on: June 23, 2005, 05:54:27 PM »

Quote from: "Teo"
Not sure about Aruba....will be broadcast on MSM...

Thank you Nancy Drew, I can't receive that channel so I have to wait till it shows up on the internet...I'll be waiting for it

Teo

We'll post reports for you.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #913 on: June 23, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »

Quote from: "Brenda"

Margarete Wever / AP
Joran van der Sloot, the 17-year-old Dutch teen detained in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, is transferred from the police station to court on June 11.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, has insisted that the three know what happened to her daughter and that police should press them harder to tell the truth. She has asked why the three were initially released after only a couple of hours of questioning, and arrested more than a week later.

At one point before the Dutch teen's arrest, Beth Holloway Twitty confronted him in front of his home and said the teen was arrogant, saying "What do you want me to do about it?"

Anita van der Sloot said he was "under pressure at that moment." He's tall and self-confident, she added, but "he doesn't have an arrogant attitude."   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8290302/

Need I say more ?????  

This should be really obvious at this time that mama vds needs to be arrested also - at least for complicity.

MOre pressure on teh VDS's, the sooner poor Natalee's mother gets to give her daughter a decent burial.

If anita has "hurt feelings" and "feels picked on" - tough sh**.  if she had bothered to raise that scum - all this wouldnt' be going on right now.

Brenda--

I think you're right, to an extent, but I still can find it to feel bad for her.

I get the feeling that all these events have really blindsided her. Other people's comments about her living in "Anitaland" ring true.

The "Anitaland" effect would be her own fault, if it's true. That doesn't lessen the shock for her, though.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #914 on: June 23, 2005, 05:55:29 PM »

MYPOINT IS THAT IT HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN BY ANY COURT OF LAW THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE GUILTY.

Quote from: "Aubiece"

from the msnbc article:

Only the facts
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #915 on: June 23, 2005, 05:55:37 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8334047/
Um - Yahoo has shut down its chat rooms. We may get another influx of folks.

Tom, Red -- are your servers ready?  Wink
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #916 on: June 23, 2005, 05:55:54 PM »

looks as though FOX is starting to back pedal a bit. this from the latest on their site: 2nd para

The arrest does not necessarily mean that authorities believe that
Paul van der Sloot knows what happened to Natalee, or if his son, Joran van der Sloot (search), was involved. But Aruban law gives authorities significant leeway to hold someone in custody without charging them with a crime as a way to find out more about an incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160514,00.html

The state of the condition insults my intuition
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #917 on: June 23, 2005, 05:55:59 PM »

Quote from: "golden"
Hello Monkeys.  

I've heard that the case is about to be wrapped up for the last 3 weeks. Not sure I believe that. From what I can tell. The police have no evidence whatsoever. And if it was in the United States, all these suspects would never have been arrested. Rolling Eyes
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: June 23, 2005, 05:56:31 PM »

Quote from: "Teo"
Wonder where all the Aruban locals are? I'm surprised none have shown up.

You should look better, theyw were here, but since notting new showed up beside the last arrest of Paul van der sloot...

Teo

Ah. I'm working, so I can't read every post.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #919 on: June 23, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »

Quote from: "Aubiece"

from the msnbc article:

he he he..........can't help it,but  that was funny!

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.