May 21, 2024, 01:55:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #797 1/30/09 - 2/1/09  (Read 194742 times)
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »

An update from Blonde.

Janet
9:10 PM PT

++++++

I just got home Mom is doing better and they lowered the OX to 35%
They want her to wake up and they may take the breathing tube out of her tomorrow.
The Dr's are shocked they can't believe how strong she is.
I pray  I have more time with her.
 Thank You All
Blonde

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=147.2220

Thanks for the update.  The is great news.  I will continue to pray for Blonde and her mom.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2009, 12:30:22 AM »

I'm heading out for now.  Klaasend probably will pop in. 

G'nite.  See you all later.

Justice for Natalee.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:10 AM »

Nite 2NJ
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2009, 12:36:12 AM »

Don't look now -- I'm only 44,000 posts behind Klaas! 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #324 on: January 31, 2009, 12:36:32 AM »

Um.  ruh-roh.

All the pics showed on the preview....

Can one of you magical mods with the coveted edit button fix that?

I just removed the ones that didn't work.  Something didn't seem right about the links.....but, we have seen the first one before.  Thank you for posting it, Lifesong.

Thanks for the help 2NJSons_Mom!  I guess if I'm gonna swing down from the rafters this much, I'll have to learn my way around the cage!   

What I meant is that when I tried to repost the links they read the same as yours.  Klaas may see it and know what to do.  I am NOT all knowing!!!!            You are very welcome.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2009, 12:38:52 AM »

Don't look now -- I'm only 44,000 posts behind Klaas! 

If I could give you 40,000 of mine I would
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »

Um.  ruh-roh.

All the pics showed on the preview....

Can one of you magical mods with the coveted edit button fix that?

I just removed the ones that didn't work.  Something didn't seem right about the links.....but, we have seen the first one before.  Thank you for posting it, Lifesong.

Thanks for the help 2NJSons_Mom!  I guess if I'm gonna swing down from the rafters this much, I'll have to learn my way around the cage!   

What I meant is that when I tried to repost the links they read the same as yours.  Klaas may see it and know what to do.  I am NOT all knowing!!!!            You are very welcome.

Most likely for some reason the other photos couldn't be hotlinked from that website.  No big deal.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2009, 12:53:34 AM »

http://www.thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=054bac688bc7c40c

Captain Elliott’s sells fishing operations

By Hunter Sauls
The Facts  

Published January 4, 2008

FREEPORT — As longtime owners of the charter fishing tour boats of Captain Elliott’s Party Boats pull out of the recreational fishing business — the new owner, Underwater Expeditions, is baiting their hooks.

Last January, the owners of Captain Elliott’s said they would be closing shop due to lack of profit and increased restrictions on red snapper fishing, their main attraction.

Since then, Kemah resident Louis Schaefer, chairman of Superior Offshore International Inc., a worldwide commercial diving company, has bought the two boats and is expected to close on a deal to buy the docks and buildings next month, said Casey Cundieff, vice president of Captain Elliott’s.

The first trip is scheduled for Jan. 18. They’ll be taking out the “Big E”, which can carry 105 people, on a 52-hour tour out for yellow and black fin tuna, said ship captain and Freeport resident Robert Poulsen.

“It’s going to be a lot of fun,” Poulsen said.
---
Casting a wide net

“We want to build recreational fishing as a major industry here in Freeport,” said Evonn Caraway, Underwater Expeditions office manager. While Captain Elliott’s dedicated their boats to fishing tours, Caraway said they are going to tailor their cruises to what their clients have in mind.

“We’ll be doing spear fishing, scuba diving, kayak shuttling and our main focus — offshore fishing,” Caraway said. “We’re not worried about the red snapper limits. So far, we’ve had no problems filling our books up.”

Not only will Underwater Expeditions be using the same boats and facilities as Captain Elliott’s, but they already have added another to the fleet, a 32-foot catamaran, and plan to add more, she said.

“We have the same captains, deckhands and everything, just new owners and new management,” she said.

They also held onto L.A. Cuban, the walking Rolodex of Captain Elliott’s. She has worked every position in the company since her first day in 1988.

“I know all the regular customers,” Cuban said with a smile.

The four-fish limit on red snapper per person, a federal regulation, is not a major concern for Underwater Expeditions, she said. Only a few of the dozens of clients who have called or made reservations have even mentioned the fish, Caraway said.

“To me grouper is better meat than snapper anyway, it’s lighter and less gamey,” Caraway said as she stood out on the docks near the 87-foot “Capt. Casey”, their older fishing boat, and the 133-foot “Big E”, the longer, sleeker 2005-model vessel. “Most people come out to fish whatever is in season.”
---
‘X’ marks the spot

Schaefer is not stopping there. He has also purchased the Bed and Breakfast next door to the docks, and the purchase of a new “expedition” ship is in the works, said Underwater Expeditions operations manager Jamie Stovall.

“If we’re going to do this, we’re going to do it right,” Stovall said. “We’re really excited about this acquisition.”

Until Underwater Expeditions can get a hold of their own boat, Schaefer is financing expeditions on other boats. One such expedition is currently out in Caribbean waters off Aruba looking for the remains of Natalee Holloway, an Alabama high school senior whose 2005 disappearance became a media sensation.

“We are also going to explore some sunken shipwrecks — for treasure,” Stovall said

These expeditions are an interesting part of this investment, but not very profitable, Stovall said. The charter tour operations should make Underwater Expeditions break even, at least, he said.

“Louis believes that having fun in work is bigger and better than money,” Stovall said. “This isn’t a have-to business.”
---
Sailing to fairer seas

Even though the Big E and Capt. Casey have been sold to Schaefer, Captain Elliott’s Party Boats lives on as the parent company of Texas Crew Boats, Cundieff said. His father, Elliott Cundieff, started Captain Elliott’s in Freeport more than 30 years ago.

“As far as getting back in the fishing business, it doesn’t look like that will happen anytime soon,” Cundieff said.

In the meantime, the Cundieff family will be busy in their more profitable venture, Texas Crew Boats. The company’s seven, soon to be nine, $2 to $5 million boats ferry passengers, supplies, water, fuel and groceries out to offshore oil field workers, Cundieff said.

“The beauty part of the operation is they pay for the fuel and oil of our boats for each day we work,” he said. “So long as the jobs are steady, things are going well.”

Cundieff said he was relieved when Schaefer bought the recreational fishing boats. He didn’t see any profit in it.

“It was no secret that it wasn’t going well. Maybe he thinks he can do different stuff with it and make money,” he said. “The recreational fishing business is just too seasonal — I think we got lucky someone was willing to buy. I hope they’re able to maintain it.”

Until a deal is done on the docks, Cundieff said he would tie his personal fishing boat there. Afterward, he said he assumes he’ll be paying Underwater Expeditions monthly rent to leave his boat at the dock his family has owned for three decades.

“That’s going to feel a little strange,” he said.

Hunter Sauls covers Freeport for The Facts. Contact him at (979) 237-0153.

I assume they were talking about two different expeditions?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
iris44
Scared Monkey

« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2009, 12:55:01 AM »

http://www.iberianet.com/articles/2007/11/29/news/news/news00.txt

See the above link for an old news article with a lot of detail of who contacted who regarding the Persistence search.  I wasn't sure if it had already been posted here.  The article says TES contacted Schaefer and Schaefer contacted Silvetti.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2009, 12:57:07 AM »

Natalee Holloway / Natalee Holloway / Re: The Ocean Search for Natalee Holloway Monday, November 26, 2007on: January 15, 2009, 02:09:07 PM 
Started by Blonde, Message by Blonde Relevance: 47.7%

From here to Aruba

BY JEFF MOORE, THE DAILY IBERIAN
Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:37 PM CST

<snip>

John Silvetti said his company became involved in the search after he was contacted by Louis Schaefer, chairman of Superior Offshore International. Schaefer had been approached by Texas Equusearch, a non-profit organization that has been searching for Holloway for more than two years.

Schaefer asked Silvetti if he could provide the survey personnel and the geophysical equipment required for the search. After spending a weekend with Schaefer and Pam and Dave Holloway, Silvetti agreed.

“It ripped my heart out to hear them say that right now all they’re looking for is to have a funeral in Alabama,” Silvetti said. “What do you say to someone like that?”

Silvetti agreed to provide his equipment and primary survey vessel at well below cost, with Schaefer covering all out-of-pocket expenses. Silvetti said his staff volunteered its services for the project as well.

“They said ‘You don’t even have to pay me. I just want to help,’” Silvetti said. “That just tells me we’ve got the right people on board.”

Marc Broussard, project manager for the Silvetti Group, said the company normally performs surveys looking for oil rigs and downed helicopters. Now, it will be using its high-resolution SONAR equipment to look for a body.

To upgrade its systems for the terrain in Aruba, Broussard said the Silvetti Group looked to its vendors, two of which are based in New Iberia.

Seatronics, located at the Port of Iberia, agreed to donate some of its high-tech electronic equipment to scan the ocean floor.

“I told (Silvetti) any opportunity that we had to go in on such a good cause, we would go in on it,” said Erik McGuire, vice president of Seatronics Inc.

“We’re more than happy to give the best effort possible to recover this girl for her family.”

Pro Log Inc. also stepped forth to provide a command center building where all of the surveying equipment will be stored. Like many people around the country, Pro Log Human Resources Director Heidi Parker said she has been following Holloway’s disappearance closely.

“We’re a family-owned business, so family is very important to us,” Parker said. “Anything we can do to help this family out is something that we’re going to do.”

After more than two years of searching, Texas Equusearch office manager Cheryl Lawless said she is hoping the organization’s fifth trip to Aruba will be its last. She said the venture would not be possible without the help of Schaefer, Silvetti and the other local companies.

“Nothing is being done to gain name recognition. This is to help these people,” Silvetti said. “Most of us have watched this on television, and I can only imagine the horror any parent would go through searching for their child in a foreign country.”

With a thank you and prayers for Blonde, I thought this was worth bringing over from the ocean search thread. 

So clearly, Tim Miller contacted Schaefer, who contacted Silvetti.  They had equipment donated.

And now I know why I was so surprised to read Kyle's comment referring to Silvetti paying his invoices and why I thought he had donated his time.

Well, at this point, all I can really say is if this search was hinky then it really is scandalous in many, many ways.

Schaefer also bought a house for 3.5 million in early May of 2007.  He certainly wasn't tightening his belt while his company was tanking and his shareholders were alledgedly being defrauded.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »

I assume they were talking about two different expeditions?

I assume they are too, Anna, I sure hope so.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »

See the above link for an old news article with a lot of detail of who contacted who regarding the Persistence search.  I wasn't sure if it had already been posted here.  The article says TES contacted Schaefer and Schaefer contacted Silvetti.

Natalee Holloway: Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch Discusses Crab Trap, Clothing and DNA Found in Waters of Aruba
February 27, 2005 2008

"I've been trying to put this together for two and a half years...Louis Schaefer came forward with John Silvetti."
(transcript credit: texasmom)

Video:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/02/27/natalee-holloway-tim-miller-of-texas-equusearch-discusses-crab-trap-clothing-and-dna-found-in-waters-of-aruba/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2009, 01:09:24 AM »

Thanks iris - good timing.   

I'm glad you're here - I have a question for you if you're inclined to discuss it.  Forgive me though if I've confused you with another poster.

I think I remember you stating previously that you didn't believe the Persistence theory because you didn't believe Kyle or something to that effect.  I think you were of the opinion that he had been accurately quoted, but you didn't believe him.

I'm curious of your reasoning.  I agree that people do lie, just can't really figure out what was in it for Kyle to contact the Freebirds and then lie to them.  Can you help me out with this?

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2009, 01:14:56 AM »

Janet,

I just noticed that you passed a milestone in posts, too.  Now you have a title.  I was told that I could post things to counter Blah with this title and even arrest him.  Now he isn't even here to argue with me.  And I miss him and others who should be here as well.

But we must be thankful for the glass being half full and that there are as many of us still posting as there are.  I guess from time to time we are tested.  And yet we remain as determined as ever that Natalee and her family deserve justice no matter who or what tries to deter us from that course.

OK ... that was 100 posts ago.

Hey ... maybe 11,000 is the magic number.  The edit option!!  Balloons!!  A congratulation letter from Red!!  Cash!!  Considering the exchange rate ... American currency will suffice.

GOOD NIGHT MONKEYS!!  GOOD NIGHT ZOOKEEPERS!!

Janet

Goodnight Janet.The Hinky Tea.Was a joke.You've always had a voice of reason.Had to go to the daughter's talent show.Was awesome!Till tomorrow!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: January 31, 2009, 01:22:28 AM »

DISCREPANCIES

From here to Aruba
Published/Last Modified on Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:37 PM CST

John Silvetti said his company became involved in the search after he was contacted by Louis Schaefer, chairman of Superior Offshore International. Schaefer had been approached by Texas Equusearch, a non-profit organization that has been searching for Holloway for more than two years

TIM MILLER - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Natalee Holloway: Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch Discusses Crab Trap, Clothing and DNA Found in Waters of Aruba
February 27, 2005 2008

I've been trying to put this together for 2 12 years.  Louis Schaefer came forward with John Silvetti. (3:40)

Video:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/02/27/natalee-holloway-tim-miller-of-texas-equusearch-discusses-crab-trap-clothing-and-dna-found-in-waters-of-aruba/

++++++++

Published/Last Modified on Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:37 PM CST[/b]

Silvetti agreed to provide his equipment and primary survey vessel at well below cost, with Schaefer covering all out-of-pocket expenses. Silvetti said his staff volunteered its services for the project as well.

“They said ‘You don’t even have to pay me. I just want to help,’” Silvetti said. “That just tells me we’ve got the right people on board.”

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle
:  I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He [John Silvetti] was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: January 31, 2009, 01:25:07 AM »

Janet,

I just noticed that you passed a milestone in posts, too.  Now you have a title.  I was told that I could post things to counter Blah with this title and even arrest him.  Now he isn't even here to argue with me.  And I miss him and others who should be here as well.

But we must be thankful for the glass being half full and that there are as many of us still posting as there are.  I guess from time to time we are tested.  And yet we remain as determined as ever that Natalee and her family deserve justice no matter who or what tries to deter us from that course.

Hey ... maybe 11,000 is the magic number.  The edit option!!  Balloons!!  A congratulation letter from Red!!  Cash!!  Considering the exchange rate ... American currency will suffice.

Janet

Goodnight Janet.The Hinky Tea.Was a joke.You've always had a voice of reason.Had to go to the daughter's talent show.Was awesome!Till tomorrow!

Good Night Keepthefaith.  I am thankful you enjoyed yourself.  Family is where it is at!!

Janet

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: January 31, 2009, 01:27:55 AM »

Janet,

Janet

Good Night Keepthefaith.  I am thankful you enjoyed yourself.  Family is where it is at!!

Janet

Family is wonderful!Everyday i'm given i'm thankful for because we all know who's time we're on!God's time!I've just got caught up and see that it was good to be gone cause i left my Feces suit at the store!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
iris44
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: January 31, 2009, 01:35:54 AM »

Thanks iris - good timing.   

I'm glad you're here - I have a question for you if you're inclined to discuss it.  Forgive me though if I've confused you with another poster.

I think I remember you stating previously that you didn't believe the Persistence theory because you didn't believe Kyle or something to that effect.  I think you were of the opinion that he had been accurately quoted, but you didn't believe him.

I'm curious of your reasoning.  I agree that people do lie, just can't really figure out what was in it for Kyle to contact the Freebirds and then lie to them.  Can you help me out with this?

Lifesong, did you actually post that article at the same time I posted the link to it? 

As for not believing Kyle, I like many others always thought his postings while on the ship were a little weird.  It's just my feeling that Kyle is a scammer; of course I could be wrong.  I also think that if Kyle had some good info to sell, someone would have already bought it, and we would have already seen it on TV or in the National Enquiror and he wouldn't be on message boards doing whatever he is doing.

I'm also sure all the various companies involved in the search took any charitable contributions that they possibly could on their corporate tax returns, and I am starting to think that possible potential IRS issues are what is keeping all the parties (including TES) quiet about this whole issue.  Maybe that's what the real secrets are about.  But if I were Natalee's family, I wouldn't care if they were searching for oil at the same time as long as they were also looking for her.  As far as I know, they searched for Natalee at no cost to her family, and the family is very grateful, so I think it's wrong for posters to slander them on this board unless it has been 100% proven that they have done something wrong.  It does seem suspicious, but we don't have all the facts. 

Do you also have this Hodges article in the Search Archives?  Hodges talks about talking with Tim Miller and Silvetti around Dec 29th.
http://forensicthoughtprints.com/aruba/default.html
iris44
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2009, 01:46:09 AM »

DISCREPANCIES

TIM MILLER - IN HIS OWN WORDS

February 27, 2005 2008

I've been trying to put this together for 2 12 years.  Louis Schaefer came forward with John Silvetti. (3:40)

I think maybe Tim Miller was just saying Schaefer brought Silvetti to him, not that Schaefer and Silvetti came to him together.  Tim is sometimes a little confusing when he speaks in TV interviews.

Also, Silvetti didn't say that he did not pay them.  He just said that they said he didn't have to pay them.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: January 31, 2009, 02:06:24 AM »

REE

"VMS, I speak for only myself, but I personally don't care what Kermit's occupation is.  IMO the emails she posted speak for themselves.  I have no problem with any of the emails posted, but I do take issue with the crap SS posted yesterday."

KERMIT

"Just so everyone here knows I am well aware of them giving that information over to Aruba too."   

KEEPTHEFAITH
I thought this was important to bring over in case you don't read the previous thread!

Giving personal information to Aruba!

BUMP 

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.