May 13, 2024, 04:17:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jo Ann (Jodie) Bain and Three Daughters #2 5/11/12  (Read 130620 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »

Community rallies around Bain sisters

BOLIVAR, TN - (WMC-TV) – As the mother of Adam Mayes learns of new charges against her, a Tennessee community is rallying around the surviving family members.

Green ribbons adorn Bolivar, Tennessee, as an entire city rallies behind the Bain sisters, who are on the road to recovery.

From the backs of cars to businesses along Market Street, travelers making their way through the small town see green ribbons everywhere.

::snipping2::

http://www.wlox.com/story/18597601/community-rallies-around-bain-sisters
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »

Psychological evaluations pending for Teresa and Mary Mayes

BOLIVAR — A judge has ordered psychological evaluations for the wife and mother of a man who authorities say killed a woman and her teenage daughter in Whiteville before kidnapping the victim's two younger daughters. Their next court appearance will be held next month when officials expect to have the results of the evaluations.

Teresa Mayes faces charges including murder and kidnapping in the incident. Mary Mayes had faced charges of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping. New charges of two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping have now been filed against Mary Mayes.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120522/NEWS01/120522007/Psychological-evaluations-pending-Teresa-Mary-Mayes?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Thank you for the updates Northern Rose.  I have a feeling from reading the articles you posted, this is going to take awhile before coming to trial.  That's ok, Lady Justice is patient, even if I'm not.
 ::justice2NJ::

You are welcome.  Justice will come.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »

BOLIVAR — A judge has ordered psychological evaluations for the wife and mother of a man who authorities say killed a woman and her teenage daughter in Whiteville before kidnapping the victim's two younger daughters. Their next court appearance will be held next month when officials expect to have the results of the evaluations.

Teresa Mayes faces charges including murder and kidnapping in the incident. Mary Mayes had faced charges of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping. New charges of two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping have now been filed against Mary Mayes.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120522/NEWS01/120522007/Psychological-evaluations-pending-Teresa-Mary-Mayes?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Is the writing on the wall?  I can imagine the strategy of Mary and Teresa defense attorneys.  Will Adam Mayes' siblings be the star defense witnesses ... Adam Mayes' siblings who despise their youngest brother?

Janet

+++++

Brother of Accused Killer, Kidnapper Says He's Glad He's Dead
Published: May 11, 2012
Updated: May 11, 2012 - 8:11 PM

<snipped>

Johnny lives in the Cowpens area of Cherokee County. He is eight years older than Adam, two of four siblings born to Mary Frances and Johnny Mayes. Johnny says the family moved around a lot, living in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. He says about 16 years ago, they came to Cherokee County to live with his mother's brother. 

"That's when I parted ways with the family," says Johnny.

He says Adam's controlling, abusive behavior drove a wedge between him and his parents.

"They would do whatever he wanted," says Johnny. "Anyone who was close to Adam pretty much lived in fear. He was the person that you didn't want to cross. You didn't cross him because you knew the consequences would come down on you."

<snipped>

He says he and his siblings have decided they will not claim Adam's body and will not hold a funeral.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/may/11/15/accused-kidnapper-murderer-adam-mayes-found-dead-g-ar-3770600/

Mayes' sister shares family secrets; 'Adam wanted a family'
Posted: May 17, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
Updated: May 18, 2012 2:54 AM PDT

<snipped>

It is hard for Pamela Bain to talk about what she says was a lifetime of abuse in the Mayes' household.

"When you internalize secrets and you don't get rid of them, they stick with you and they do internal mental damage to you," she explained.

Pamela is the oldest of six children. Adam Mayes was the youngest and by her account, the head of the household.

"Adam had no reason to be like he was, because from the time he was born, he was in charge, they gave total control over to him," Pamela said.

When she says ‘they', she is referring to her parents.

Their mother, Mary Frances, is in jail on charges that she helped Mayes kidnap Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain.

Their father, Johnny, now lives with his son in South Carolina.

"He was in total control of them, they had no will power, no voice and after they pushed us kids away, we could no longer protect our mom and dad," said Pamela. "He was very much a mind manipulator, he would say what he wanted you to do in a way that made you want to do it."

<snipped>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

THE DEFENSE OF MARY AND TERESA?

I theorize that Adam's father, brother, sister, sister-in-law and mother-in-law will be called upon by Mary and Teresa's attorneys in their defence.  They will attest to Adam's controlling/manipulative ways.

++++++

Adam's Mother-In-Law - Witness for the Defence?

Teresa Mayes' mother: 'Adam was a control freak'
Posted: May 11, 2012 1:25 PM PDT
Updated: May 11, 2012 1:25 PM PDT

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) - Adam Mayes' mother-in-law appeared on the Today Show to talk about Mayes and her daughter Teresa, who is charged with first degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping in this case.

<snipped>

Tate claims Mayes was a brutal, sometimes violent man, who, as a child, maintained control of his parents and later his wife.

"He made her cut off all ties with all of her family. Adam would not even allow Teresa to attend her father's funeral. Adam was a control freak," Tate said.

Tate's initial elation has now turned into panic and fear for her daughter, who faces first degree murder and kidnapping charges. She finds it difficult to accept her daughter's involvement in such a brutal crime.

"Yes it is difficult to accept, but at the same time, I know that she was scared of Adam. I know that she was coerced and manipulated and forced to do the things that she did," Tate said in her daughter's defense.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18312494/teresa-mayes-mother-adam-was-a-control-freak

Adam's Sister-In-Law - Witness for the Defence?

ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES
Aired May 8, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

COOPER: Bobbi, you say that your sister, Teresa told you over the phone last week that she knew Adam had killed Joanne Bain and her daughter and she knew where the bodies were buried?

BOBBI BOOTH, SISTER OF TERESA MAYES: That's true. The investigators -- I actually called the investigators on Saturday because the statements she was making were concerning me.

Because my sister is -- I don't know how to put this, she's a slow learner and she's very dependent and I just felt like the comments she was making were scary. So I called the Hardman County Sheriff's Department and they stated that they were already aware of what she was saying. So it made no sense to me why it took so long to tell who the bodies were.

COOPER: What else did your sister tell you?

BOOTH: The main thing was just about the bodies and she did say that Adam had threatened to kill her and that she was scared to death.

<snipped>

BOOTH: Her attorney called me today and my sister had already made the statement that Adam had threatened to kill her as well.

COOPER: So you're saying that's why she was involved because she feared for her own life?

BOOTH: Right. Yes. He is a very aggressive. He has beat her several times, very aggressive person.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/acd.01.htm

Adam's Father - Witness for the Defense?

Brother of Accused Killer, Kidnapper Says He's Glad He's Dead
Published: May 11, 2012
Updated: May 11, 2012 - 8:11 PM

<snipped>

Johnny says there is one positive thing to come out of the madness: after 16 years of not seeing his father, he went to Mississippi Thursday to get him and bring him back to Cherokee County.

"Last night, he was sleeping in one recliner and I was in the other one, and I said, 'I love you dad', and he looked over at me and said, 'I love you, son'," said Johnny, tears welling in his eyes. "So I'm going to enjoy the rest of his life."

<snipped>

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/may/11/15/accused-kidnapper-murderer-adam-mayes-found-dead-g-ar-3770600/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »

Thank you for the updates Northern Rose.  I have a feeling from reading the articles you posted, this is going to take awhile before coming to trial.  That's ok, Lady Justice is patient, even if I'm not.
 ::justice2NJ::

You are welcome.  Justice will come.
There is little doubt they will be found dysfunctional; however that is a long stretch between knowing right from wrong!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2012/05/24/psychological-damage-likely-for-the-child-kidnapping-victims-of-adam-mayes/

5/24/2012 @ 11:16AM |939 views

Psychological Damage Likely For the Child Kidnapping Victims of Adam Mayes

Gina Simmons, Contributor

Two girls, kidnapped and then rescued, are likely suffering severe psychological damage after a two-week nightmare that included being forced to travel with their kidnappers from Tennessee to Mississippi with the bodies of their mother and sister in the car.

During the last three days of their ordeal, 12-year-old Alexandra Bain and her 8-year-old sister Kyliyah hid in the forest with kidnapper and killer Adam Mayes, with no food or water.

They were rescued by Mississippi wildlife officers – but not before Mayes shot himself in front of the girls. Hospitalized briefly for dehydration and exposure, the girls were covered with rashes from poison ivy and insect bites.

While they may have recovered physically from the ordeal, the psychological healing has just begun. It will likely take much longer as they grieve the loss of their mother, Jo Ann Bain, 31, and big sister Adrienne Bain, 14. The initial response from the 12 year old, though, was hopeful. In the woods with officers there to help them, and Mayes deceased, Alexandria reportedly turned to younger sister Kyliyah and said softly, “Now we can go home.”

When children lose a loving mother, they experience changes in the brain that can lead to anxiety, depression, and other struggles. Neuroscientists have discovered that healthy brain and nervous system functioning depends on strong emotional attachments starting at birth.

The comforting maternal figure stimulates the production of brain chemicals like dopamine and oxytocin that create a feeling of safety and joy. Human attachment fosters the development of learning, memory and motivation.

Child trauma victims often suffer damage to the nervous system that can last a lifetime. The damage varies depending on the age of the child, the severity and length of the abuse and other hereditary and environmental factors. Children sometimes remain stuck emotionally at the age they were when the trauma struck. Stress from the traumatic event can cause shrinkage of the hippocampus, (impairing memory) and disruption of the nervous system, (impairing concentration and emotional control).

Victims of childhood trauma, like that suffered by the Bain girls, can go on to lead full, rich and healthy lives. The kidnap and rape victim, Elizabeth Smart, is a good example of successful recovery from a brutal and prolonged trauma. Elizabeth returned home to two loving parents and a strong religious community. She also received the professional and spiritual guidance she needed to achieve a healthy balance.

Elizabeth finished school, found meaningful work and recently married. I hope the Bain girls will have an environment rich with love, support, safety, trust and the professional resources they need to achieve a similar recovery.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »

That sub-human!  Makes me sick to think these two precious girls will have to deal with what he did for the rest of their lives. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2012/05/24/psychological-damage-likely-for-the-child-kidnapping-victims-of-adam-mayes/

Two girls, kidnapped and then rescued, are likely suffering severe psychological damage after a two-week nightmare that included being forced to travel with their kidnappers from Tennessee to Mississippi with the bodies of their mother and sister in the car.

During the last three days of their ordeal, 12-year-old Alexandra Bain and her 8-year-old sister Kyliyah hid in the forest with kidnapper and killer Adam Mayes, with no food or water.

They were rescued by Mississippi wildlife officers – but not before Mayes shot himself in front of the girls. Hospitalized briefly for dehydration and exposure, the girls were covered with rashes from poison ivy and insect bites.

While they may have recovered physically from the ordeal, the psychological healing has just begun. It will likely take much longer as they grieve the loss of their mother, Jo Ann Bain, 31, and big sister Adrienne Bain, 14. The initial response from the 12 year old, though, was hopeful. In the woods with officers there to help them, and Mayes deceased, Alexandria reportedly turned to younger sister Kyliyah and said softly, “Now we can go home.”

When children lose a loving mother, they experience changes in the brain that can lead to anxiety, depression, and other struggles. Neuroscientists have discovered that healthy brain and nervous system functioning depends on strong emotional attachments starting at birth.

The comforting maternal figure stimulates the production of brain chemicals like dopamine and oxytocin that create a feeling of safety and joy. Human attachment fosters the development of learning, memory and motivation.

Child trauma victims often suffer damage to the nervous system that can last a lifetime. The damage varies depending on the age of the child, the severity and length of the abuse and other hereditary and environmental factors. Children sometimes remain stuck emotionally at the age they were when the trauma struck. Stress from the traumatic event can cause shrinkage of the hippocampus, (impairing memory) and disruption of the nervous system, (impairing concentration and emotional control).

Victims of childhood trauma, like that suffered by the Bain girls, can go on to lead full, rich and healthy lives. The kidnap and rape victim, Elizabeth Smart, is a good example of successful recovery from a brutal and prolonged trauma. Elizabeth returned home to two loving parents and a strong religious community. She also received the professional and spiritual guidance she needed to achieve a healthy balance.

Elizabeth finished school, found meaningful work and recently married. I hope the Bain girls will have an environment rich with love, support, safety, trust and the professional resources they need to achieve a similar recovery.
Thank you for sharing this texasmom.  I knew it could have a lifetime effect, but never really understood the depth.
Continued prayers for this family!

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2012, 04:25:02 AM »

Thank you for sharing this texasmom.  I knew it could have a lifetime effect, but never really understood the depth.
Continued prayers for this family!

Trauma often leads to PTSD which can sometimes lead to autoimmune diseases, so health issues are also of a concern.  As far as the mother factor, I can certainly attest to that.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/memorial-for-jo-ann-and-adrienne-bain-mfo-20120528
Memorial for Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain
May 29, 2012

Bolivar, Tn - A public memorial remembering Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain was held Saturday at First Baptist Church in Bolivar to help give family friends and those in the close-knit community a chance to say their goodbyes.

Jo Ann and Adrienne were both killed after a bizarre abduction by family friend Adam Mayes. Mayes later killed himself in front of Jo Ann's two youngest daughters to avoid capture by the authorities.

"A lot of people especially the young people who were close to Adrienne, they're going to need to grieve," says Pastor John Jicka who presided over the memorial.

Two weeks ago, Pastor John Jicka says the Bain family called asking his church would help with a public memorial honoring Jo Ann and Adrienne.

"We have letters that the family have written they’re going to share about Jo Ann and Adrienne, and we’re just going to share in some music that the two of them enjoyed, and we’re going to have some words of comfort from the Bible," says Jicka.
The Bain family spokesperson says Alexandria and Kyliah are doing well in their healing process, adding they are going through counseling. He asks the public to continue their support by being respectful towards them during this time and not asking the girls any questions about their recent ordeal.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/memorial-for-jo-ann-and-adrienne-bain-mfo-20120528
Memorial for Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain
May 29, 2012

Bolivar, Tn - A public memorial remembering Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain was held Saturday at First Baptist Church in Bolivar to help give family friends and those in the close-knit community a chance to say their goodbyes.

Jo Ann and Adrienne were both killed after a bizarre abduction by family friend Adam Mayes. Mayes later killed himself in front of Jo Ann's two youngest daughters to avoid capture by the authorities.

"A lot of people especially the young people who were close to Adrienne, they're going to need to grieve," says Pastor John Jicka who presided over the memorial.

Two weeks ago, Pastor John Jicka says the Bain family called asking his church would help with a public memorial honoring Jo Ann and Adrienne.

"We have letters that the family have written they’re going to share about Jo Ann and Adrienne, and we’re just going to share in some music that the two of them enjoyed, and we’re going to have some words of comfort from the Bible," says Jicka.
The Bain family spokesperson says Alexandria and Kyliah are doing well in their healing process, adding they are going through counseling. He asks the public to continue their support by being respectful towards them during this time and not asking the girls any questions about their recent ordeal.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »

Body of kidnapper goes unclaimed in Miss.  
"Mark Golding, the medical examiner for Union County, told WMC-TV (http://bit.ly/Nw0bvU) that Mayes' family won't accept the remains, which are currently located in the state crime lab in Jackson. "
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/03/4534951/body-of-kidnapper-goes-unclaimed.html
Edit to add article date.  MB  June 2012
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:03:49 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

No One Wants Body of Adam Mayes, the FBI’s Former Most Wanted
4 June 2012

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/06/04/no-one-wants-body-of-adam-mayes-the-fbis-former-most-wanted/
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »

Sounds like the brother has some ethics. I would claim the body and burn it and spread the ashes in the septic tank. But I might be  a beoch!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »

4 June 2012

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/06/04/no-one-wants-body-of-adam-mayes-the-fbis-former-most-wanted/

I wonder if they could donate the body to the cadaver farm in Tenneessee?  I can't imagine them being too picky about who they let rot in the sun.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »

Mississippi tax payers may be responsible for burial of Adam Mayes
Jun 01, 2012 9:25 PM

UNION COUNTY, TN - (WMC-TV) - It is quite the dilemma. Mississippi has a body nobody wants. But something has to be done eventually.

"We've had some unusual cases but none like this where the family won't even accept the remains," said Mark Golding, the Union County M.E.

Adam Mayes' body is still in Jackson, Mississippi at the state crime lab and time is running out. Union County M.E. Mark Golding says the state will keep a body for 6 months, before it goes back to the county.

Golding says according to state law, the county where a person dies is the county responsible for the body. Adam Mays shot himself in a wooded area in Union County.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18681693/state-may-decide-the-fate-of-accused-killers
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »

4 June 2012

I wonder if they could donate the body to the cadaver farm in Tenneessee?  I can't imagine them being too picky about who they let rot in the sun.   

BBM
I know what you mean.    But there's a waiting list!    

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2012/01/12/145040523/cremation-burial-or-body-farm
January 12, 2012

Right now, over 2,000 individuals are on the waiting list to enter UTFAC. I'm sure they have no wish to rush their date with the Body Farm — but ending up there is one way to make a positive difference in death, just as we hope to do in life.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »

4 June 2012

That's a great idea.  At least he'd be a productive member of society for once.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »

A waiting list for the body farm.  WOW.  Shame that didn't come out at KC's trial when BOZO was mocking their work.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

4 June 2012

That's a great idea.  At least he'd be a productive member of society for once.

Who would have thought that there would be a waiting list!  I wonder if a medical school would take it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.