May 17, 2024, 01:17:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 275450 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #700 on: August 26, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »

The Weather Channel
http://www.weather.com/hurricanecentral

http://twitter.com/#!/twc_hurricane
twc_hurricane Hurricane Central
RT @MikeBloomberg: We have ordered a MANDATORY evacuation of Zone A areas & the Rockaways by 5pm Sat bit.ly/oOhmZb #IreneEvacInfo
2 minutes ago

I thought he said that hospitals and senior care centers in Zone B were being evacuated now. I don't know where the zones are.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #701 on: August 26, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »

Morning Monkeys Just wanted to say to all our Monkeys that are in Irene's path. Please stay safe.  an angelic monkey

Thanks, GE!  Many of my family members have had to evacuate.

Bearly Prayers for your family. May they be safe and have little damage from Irene.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #702 on: August 26, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »

Thanks Muffy - we have several SM members in the trajectory of this storm, including SAN.  I haven't been able to talk her into evacuating yet even though she's in Zone A.

I hope San and our other monkeys are safe.  I've been following Dr. Jeff Master's Blog from Weather Underground.  I find it interesting, and informative.  Some folks are reporting conditions in their area and etc., and of course, there is also information and like at  SM, plenty of opinions.  (It is a blog, after all)  Some of the graphs and etc. are interesting imo.
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1901&page=17#commenttop

Good afternoon monkey's.

Thank-you Muffy for the thread.  I need Brandi's Dove to send messages Smile 

The electricity is projected to be off for a week or more...and the storm hasn't started yet. 

A week or more?!    

Sniif, Sniff, a week or more (possible) for no power..I have plenty to get caught up on, I thought I would sew, then I thought
what if there is no power    I need a peddled, sewing machine...

Cell phones may go out too, if cell towers go kerplunk.

I just took out my moonflowers (they were in pots) and I can not have an flying missiles or pot's in the backyard:) 
My parsley is gone, too, it was in a pot.  Next year - everything will be planted in the ground, grrrr.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #703 on: August 26, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »

Sniif, Sniff, a week or more (possible) for no power..I have plenty to get caught up on, I thought I would sew, then I thought

I just took out my moonflowers (they were in pots) and I can not have an flying missiles or pot's in the backyard:) 
My parsley is gone, too, it was in a pot.  Next year - everything will be planted in the ground, grrrr.
[/quote]

Oh Seahorse prayers you stay safe and prayers power isn't out that long. The weather channel had a hint on on how to keep you frig cold and to help not loose food. Take and fill zip lock bags with water and fill your freezer and frig tell there is no empty spaces. They will freeze and help keep the fridge cool while power is out. The ones in the refrigerator part will help keep the food there cool also.
Prayers you stay safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #704 on: August 26, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »

Oh Seahorse prayers you stay safe and prayers power isn't out that long. The weather channel had a hint on on how to keep you frig cold and to help not loose food. Take and fill zip lock bags with water and fill your freezer and frig tell there is no empty spaces. They will freeze and help keep the fridge cool while power is out. The ones in the refrigerator part will help keep the food there cool also.
Prayers you stay safe.
[/quote]

Good afternoon Monkey's,

Thank-you Green Eyes, helpful tip and so simple.  I will get started filling the zipper plastic bags in about ten minutes.
I think I should fill them up with Kool-aid, that would be fun Smile  It would not be practical- I would have the Kool-aid to look forward to after the power returns.

Thank-you so much for your prayers, I will miss you and the monkey's, if and when the power shuts off.   

If there is light at the end of the tunnel, Sunday night (after the storm)  the stars in the sky will be visible, the weather man said...that will be cool, no electricity but beautiful stars Smile

Going to fill the water bags, Thank-you, again, at least it's not sandbag's, I probably would enjoy that, too Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #705 on: August 26, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »

Prayers you stay safe.

Good afternoon Monkey's,

Thank-you Green Eyes, helpful tip and so simple.  I will get started filling the zipper plastic bags in about ten minutes.
I think I should fill them up with Kool-aid, that would be fun Smile  It would not be practical- I would have the Kool-aid to look forward to after the power returns.

Thank-you so much for your prayers, I will miss you and the monkey's, if and when the power shuts off.   

If there is light at the end of the tunnel, Sunday night (after the storm)  the stars in the sky will be visible, the weather man said...that will be cool, no electricity but beautiful stars Smile

Going to fill the water bags, Thank-you, again, at least it's not sandbag's, I probably would enjoy that, too Smile
[/quote]

Good Luck and stay safe.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #706 on: August 26, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys  Was sent this and thought you all might enjoy it. With everything happening right now with Irene and everything else.

http://www.israpundit.com/archives/31462?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d078e57bb39ba8d,0

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #707 on: August 27, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »

Prayers you stay safe.

Good afternoon Monkey's,

Thank-you Green Eyes, fohelpful tip and so simple.  I will get started filling the zipper plastic bags in about ten minutes.

Good Luck and stay safe.  an angelic monkey
[/quote]

Good morning Monkey's,

Green eyes, Thank-you, again, for the handy tip on filling zipper bags full of water, well... I did leave a couple of inches of space for air, before freezing Smile 

God bless everyone in this storm and in in lifes storms.

I took some photos of the property (before the storm). The prep is a headache, but this not the Johnstown Flood, it will be manageable.  I am going to play now

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #708 on: August 29, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »

Good luck everyone in Irene's wrath. O/T, I was sure I saw a thread or topic/discussion somewhere, where a question could be asked of the boards legal eagles, but can't find it now! Can anyone direct me to the link pleeese? Or can mods move my question there and let me know where to find it again lol?  TY TY TY Question: Re Jeff's, book does anyone know if Jeff can write about what is contained in the sealed docs etc. or in doing so would he be in contempt of court orders? 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2011, 01:22:50 AM »

OMG!!   

I just saw the line-up for this season's Dancing With The Stars..............

NANCY GRACE is on it!! 

I'll bet she'll make one Heck of a Bull in the Paso Doble......   

Chas Bono will also be dancing this season. I wonder if Cher will show up in support?

This season will be worth watching!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #710 on: August 30, 2011, 01:26:53 AM »

Good luck everyone in Irene's wrath. O/T, I was sure I saw a thread or topic/discussion somewhere, where a question could be asked of the boards legal eagles, but can't find it now! Can anyone direct me to the link pleeese? Or can mods move my question there and let me know where to find it again lol?  TY TY TY Question: Re Jeff's, book does anyone know if Jeff can write about what is contained in the sealed docs etc. or in doing so would he be in contempt of court orders? 

Hi Shannon! I'll go look for the thread, but it's perfectly alright to ask most anything in Musings. 

I'm no lawyer, but my guess is that if the court sealed a record for content, Jeff wouldn't be writing about that content. JMO.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #711 on: August 30, 2011, 01:47:05 AM »

I was off looking for the "Legal Eagle" thread, and came across this one. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but made me laugh all over again! Thought I'd share it knowing the older monkeys would appreciate it too!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1940.0

Some things never change.......... Klaas is still Miss Know-It-All!! 
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #712 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »

Thanks Muffy - we have several SM members in the trajectory of this storm, including SAN.  I haven't been able to talk her into evacuating yet even though she's in Zone A.

I hope San and our other monkeys are safe.  I've been following Dr. Jeff Master's Blog from Weather Underground.  I find it interesting, and informative.  Some folks are reporting conditions in their area and etc., and of course, there is also information and like at  SM, plenty of opinions.  (It is a blog, after all)  Some of the graphs and etc. are interesting imo.
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1901&page=17#commenttop

Good afternoon monkey's.

Thank-you Muffy for the thread.  I need Brandi's Dove to send messages Smile 

The electricity is projected to be off for a week or more...and the storm hasn't started yet. 
OMG no electricity and this is the 21st century !

You have my total sympathy ! In Feb. we had a terrible storm here in Ohio. Northern winds off Lake Erie from Canada did us in ! We lost power & it was out for SIX long days. I was ready for the booby hatch.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: August 30, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »

OMG!!   

I just saw the line-up for this season's Dancing With The Stars..............

NANCY GRACE is on it!! 

I'll bet she'll make one Heck of a Bull in the Paso Doble......   

Chas Bono will also be dancing this season. I wonder if Cher will show up in support?

This season will be worth watching!   
Will Chas' parent be a him or a her?  I'm confused.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #714 on: August 31, 2011, 12:10:52 AM »

Carson Kressley will be on the show as well..........

I'm sorry, but when I think of him performing the man's part in some of those dances.... I giggle.

Chas will perform in that role much better, IMO.

I don't know....... maybe he'll do fine, but I think it's going to be a FUN season this year!!

Nancy's so "IN YOUR FACE", and Carson's just Carson, and Chas is just Chas and it's going to be a hoot, I think! 

I can't imagine NG being feminine............ I just can't. Give her some leather and a whip and she'll do fine in a few of them, but I can't see her doing a Waltz. OMG.......... can you imagine her doing a jive??   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: August 31, 2011, 09:22:01 AM »

I'm sorry, but when I think of him performing the man's part in some of those dances.... I giggle.

I don't know....... maybe he'll do fine, but I think it's going to be a FUN season this year!!

Nancy's so "IN YOUR FACE", and Carson's just Carson, and Chas is just Chas and it's going to be a hoot, I think! 

I can't imagine NG being feminine............ I just can't. Give her some leather and a whip and she'll do fine in a few of them, but I can't see her doing a Waltz. OMG.......... can you imagine her doing a jive??   

I don't normally watch DWTS because my husband can't stand that stuff.  Once in a while I'll check Youtube for particular people.  I will be checking Youtube more often this year DWTS.  I agree with you CBB, it's going to be a hoot 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: August 31, 2011, 09:59:15 AM »

I don't normally watch DWTS because my husband can't stand that stuff.  Once in a while I'll check Youtube for particular people.  I will be checking Youtube more often this year DWTS.  I agree with you CBB, it's going to be a hoot 

I don't normally watch DWTS either, but this season I'll keep an eye on it.  I've opened a thread in Pop Culture-Movies and Television:

Dancing with the Stars Season 13
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12052.msg1465737#msg1465737

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »

Well, maybe between all of us, we'll keep each other reminded of when it comes on! 

I always hit and missed it too, but it might be fun this year to watch it with the Monkeys! 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: September 01, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »

Well, maybe between all of us, we'll keep each other reminded of when it comes on! 

I always hit and missed it too, but it might be fun this year to watch it with the Monkeys! 

I use my DVR ....then scroll past commercials, excessive talking, etc....just watch the parts I want to watch.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: September 02, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »

Hope Kermit sees this, LOL   

http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-Kermit-the-Frog

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.