May 14, 2024, 03:16:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Petey goes for his puppy booster shots tomorrow.  He weighed 3.07lbs 3 weeks ago.  How much does he weigh now?  (Voting closed: January 22, 2010, 10:13:08 PM)
More than 4 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
More than 5 pounds - 7 (30.4%)
More than 6 pounds - 8 (34.8%)
More than 7 pounds - 4 (17.4%)
Who cares? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #53 11/24/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 502240 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »

Thanks Sunny!I have heard tale of a white deer around where I live.I have never seen anything like this.Hubby will be interested in this clip.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »

Thanks Sunny!I have heard tale of a white deer around where I live.I have never seen anything like this.Hubby will be interested in this clip.   
  Beautiful, just beautiful, I love deer. I have never seen a white deer.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »

The resemblance is uncanny  Monkey Devil!

hahahahahaha 
    OMG, that is funny, poor Whoopi 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: December 14, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

A dear friend had to make that unselfish but terribly painful decision over the weekend.........

this is for my friend

From the very first time our eyes first met
How I loved you then! How I love you now!
I made a promise then and I keep that promise now.
The price for the bright joy and pure laughter
You brought me during the time we shared.

Just when I need you most, I must let you go.
The pain of this moment is excruciating.
Tears stream down my face in a river of sorrow,
And my heart drowns in a pool of grief.
For you have spoken and I have listened.

For if there's one thing I have learned...
Unconditional love has a condition after all.
Go find the ones who have gone before you.
You are free to leave me now, free to let your spirit soar...
I pray I will find comfort in my memories...
In the dark and lonely days ahead.
I cannot say I will not miss you, I cannot say I will not cry,
For only my tears can heal my broken heart.
But I promise you this: as long as I live...You will live.

For only the greatest love can say
Good-bye.
Go find the Rainbow Bridge
We'll meet again.
Loving you has been the greatest gift of all.

author unknown to me

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: December 14, 2009, 01:06:57 PM »

I had never seen or heard of one...but my son, a fan of the old west , say the white deer was sacred to some Indian tribes

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: December 14, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

I had never seen or heard of one...but my son, a fan of the old west , say the white deer was sacred to some Indian tribes
Interesting. I'm so sorry about your friend, that is a lovely poem  an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »

What does your family do traditionally for Christmas? We always have warm wassail for Christmas Eve.

A Christmas tradition

CHRISTMAS WASSAIL   

1 gal. apple cider
1 qt. orange juice (pure)
1 c. lemon juice
1 qt. pineapple juice
24 whole cloves (I use less about 20 and add a few star anise)
4 sticks cinnamon
1 c. sugar/sugar substitute
1 lemon sliced
1 orange sliced

Just before guests arrive I put the sliced fruit in the crockpot and add the wassail to the cockpot and keep on low

Mix all ingredients and simmer (very low heat) for 1 to 2 hours. Serve warm. Yield: 1 1/2 gallons.

Leftover wassail may be stored in refrigerator and warmed in microwave for later use.'

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: December 14, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »

Interesting. I'm so sorry about your friend, that is a lovely poem  an angelic monkey

Thanks nrcg.....that is always a most difficult decision to make

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: December 14, 2009, 01:27:56 PM »

Christmas tradition #2 in our family

we MUST make this old fashioned fudge

This is a crumbly, sugary old fashion fudge....from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. Cook time is cooling time.

Ingredients

* 3 cups sugar
    * 2/3 cup cocoa
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 1 1/2 cups milk
    * 1/4 cup butter
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Line 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil; butter foil.

In large heavy saucepan stir together first three ingredients; stir in milk, with a wooden spoon*.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.

Boil without stirring, to 234 degrees F on a candy thermometer (or until syrup, when dropped in very cold water forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water). Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of pan. (This can take 20-30 minutes).

Remove from heat. Add butter & vanilla.
      DO NOT STIR! Cool at room temperature to 110 degrees F (lukewarm). (This can take 2 to 2-1/2 hours).

Beat with wooden spoon until fudge thickens & loses some of its gloss. (This can take 15-20 minutes. It really works best if you have someone to 'tag-team' with.) It starts to look more like frosting than a thick syrup when it is ready.

7A. at this point we add about 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool.
      Cut into squares.
      Store wrapped loosely in foil in the refrigerator.
      *it is very important not to use a wire whisk or the fudge will not set up. Also just stir gently, even though the cocoa will stay floating on top, it will mix in as the mixture heats up.

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: December 14, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »

Like those recipes 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: December 14, 2009, 02:49:57 PM »

Like those recipes 

My grannie made that fudge for us as children.....it is such a wonderful memory for us......we (my cousin and I) also make a cake my grannie made for holidays...it is time consuming and rich and laborious as it has to be beaten by hand...both the cake and the icing...but neither of us is willing to not make it!  LOL 

Rest in Peace Caylee

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #611 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:01 PM »

((EDIT - NO SENSE POSTING FANNY'S TIRADE AGAIN.  FWIW, FANNY IS GONE....SHE WON'T BE BACK, I'VE MADE SURE OF THAT))

I will probably get banned for this post so I am going to get my moneys worth out of it. Just how I got pulled in to your lovely post I don't know. The only time I have reported you was when you left that vulgar post in Lindsey Baum's thread. The sexual graphics in a dead or missing child's forum is sickening. CC has been obnoxious with his post on so many occasions it is not funny. I really don't care what either of you posted on JSM's thread, it was not a dead child's thread. I DID NOT REPORT HIM. I JUST HApPENED by to chat.
You have attacked everyone on every forum at one time or other. I have gone weeks at the time skipping over your post, which leaves little reading to do on the threads. Everytime I post you always insinuate that I am stupid in some way shape or form. I ask about the picture on your sig line and got a post of Isn't she special, then your post of She thinks she is. I have never watched SNL. as it is the most asinine show on tv. I had no idea what the pic was about.
A lot of the older posters and really great sluethers here have quit posting because of you. You act like you own all of the threads. Do you know how it pizzes people off when you come in &  thank everyone for keeping the conversation going when you got to tired to post like we are so dang stupid we can't discuss a case without you?
I came to this forum when Natalee went missing . I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego. This is about the children not about your pressing need to be the center of  attention or see who can get the most post, well guess what I think you have that record. Yippee!! 

Klaas and Mods. Thanks for letting me be apart of this forum. I have made some wonderful friends here and always try to follow the rules of not attacking another Monkey. But I am fed up with Fanny and her whining and blaming and so are a lot of others, so I speak for more than just myself.

God Bless you all and Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:08:16 PM by klaasend » Logged

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: December 14, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »

Please don't feel you need to leave, Darla.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: December 14, 2009, 03:58:07 PM »

Please don't feel you need to leave, Darla.   an angelic monkey

I completely agree with you MuffyBee, I enjoy your posts Darla  an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: December 14, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »

Hi nrcg 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: December 14, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

Hi nrcg 
Hi  Hope you are having a good day 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: December 14, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »

Hey there Sunny!  I hope you and the others that are posting such scrumptious recipes in musings are also posting them in our food/recipe forum so we can find them again.  The fudge recipe looks so GOOD!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »

Darla - please take note of my edit above     
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: December 14, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

Darla - please take note of my edit above     

Quoting Darla:

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego

Darla - if you don't mind I may add that to my signature line. You have no idea how much I agree with it 
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: December 14, 2009, 04:20:59 PM »

Hi, Darla.

The thing is, good Monkeys like you see and feel things that are not always "reportable" to mods.  It seems to me, after silently observing for some time now, that a member who finds ways to attack and spread bitterness and vitriol across thread after thread, day after day, by playing word (and picture!) games, and cleverly flying "under the radar" when attacking, eventually can't help but create a great deal of ill will.  A poster like this, even one who seems friendly and funny on the surface, is destined to end up alienating others at some point.

I believe it took courage for you to write and post this.  I don't want to jump on a "bash Fanny" bandwagon by any means.  However, I want to commend you for what I perceive to be your courage and honesty.  There are a lot of good Monkeys who have despaired of finding a way to address the problems that have developed... for the most part they have simply chosen to bite their little monkey tongues and hang out in the rafters for a long time now.  I don't doubt that there will be many Monkeys who will appreciate your response to Fanny's meltdown post. 

Consequently, I hope your fears of reprimand or banning are groundless, as I suspect they may be.  I applaud Muffy for encouraging you to stick around.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Darla.   

P.S.  I'd have to say, it appears that you did get your money's worth!!   

--------------------------

Whoa. 

And ... well, wow.   

I just saw Klaas's post.

Thought I'd post my reply to Darla anyway (sorry -- I took too long to write and edit it I guess!) and offer her a hug.  While I'm at it, I'll throw one in for our fearless leader (who in no way, shape, or form deserved the pointless and misdirected attacks I read last night) and mods. I wish FM the best, and hope she will be able to find peace of mind and a sense of purpose elsewhere.

Desi

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.