May 16, 2024, 07:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #18 8/6/09 - 8/30/09  (Read 322173 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1300 on: August 27, 2009, 09:38:48 AM »

Thanks Trimm   Putnam County investigators apparently subpoenaed the tests and are reviewing the results. Good
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1301 on: August 27, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20579259/detail.html
Searcher: Misty Cummings Failed Tests
Haleigh Cummings Vanished From Home 6 Months Ago

POSTED: Thursday, August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 8:06 am EDT August 27, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Cummings, the last person to see Haleigh Cummings before she mysteriously vanished, has failed lie detector tests, according to the leader of a search group.

Haleigh was 5 years old when she disappeared from her Satsuma home six months ago. Misty Cummings -- who has since married Haleigh's father -- was inside the home with Haleigh and Haleigh's brother at the time of her disappearance.

Shortly after Haleigh was reported missing, the Texas-based group Equusearch, which also searched for Caylee Anthony, looked for Haleigh.

Equusearch director Tim Miller said Misty Cummings called him last week, asking for his help and to continue searching for the girl. Miller said Misty Cummings asked the group to help her clear her name, WJXT-TV reported.

According to Miller, the call came two days after the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Misty Cumming's story about what happened the night Haleigh disappeared "sketchy." Officials also said Misty Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case.
In an exclusive interview with WJXT one day after Haleigh's disappearance, Misty said, "I want everyone to know I did nothing with that little girl. If I knew, we would have her. I don't know where she is."

In the same interview, Misty Cummings said she took a lie detector test and thought she did OK.

But now, Miller said Misty Cummings wanted to take another test, so Equusearch arranged for her to take a lie detector test in Orlando last week.

Miller said Misty Cummings failed "miserably." He also said she failed more than once.

There were three parts to the test, a written portion and a voice analysis, and Miller said she failed both.

There was also a hypnotism session, but Miller said it didn't produce any results because she was fighting being put under.

Misty Cumming's attorney in Putnam County said he told her not to take the tests but she felt pressured to because she wanted Equusearch's help in the search for her stepdaughter.

Miller said Equusearch did not pressure Misty Cummings into taking a lie detector test.

WJXT was told when investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office heard about the new polygraph tests, it subpoenaed the results.

The sheriff's department only said it is not surprised at reports of the results of the new tests.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1302 on: August 27, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »

Reminder - this is Misty's note agreeing/asking for the polygraph:

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1303 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »

Words escape me 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1304 on: August 27, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »

Words escape me 

Me too - wow, just wow.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1305 on: August 27, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »

Words escape me 

I can't see it because I'm on my office puter......is this the same one that was page 3 of the PDF document????

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1306 on: August 27, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »

IM yes the one with all the words spelled wrong and bad penmanship.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1307 on: August 27, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

God bless Haleigh...hopefully some answers will be forthcoming and she will be found..special thoughts going out to her and to her parents and family....this has to be hell for all of them...especially Haleigh...
Misty! tell the truth!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1308 on: August 27, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »

Today at 3 is the hearing about Jr, if it don't go Ron's way.....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »

Words escape me 

I can't see it because I'm on my office puter......is this the same one that was page 3 of the PDF document????

IM - yes
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1310 on: August 27, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »

Thanks NRCG and Klaas~ I thought it might be. I was truly shocked when I saw that note, not to be mean but my son could spell and write better than that in kindergarten

Klaas~I think everyone knows my theory about what happened and about why ron maried Misty, what's your take at this time

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1311 on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:39 AM »

Thanks NRCG and Klaas~ I thought it might be. I was truly shocked when I saw that note, not to be mean but my son could spell and write better than that in kindergarten

Klaas~I think everyone knows my theory about what happened and about why ron maried Misty, what's your take at this time

IM - I'm not sure what to think.  I vacillate between thinking Misty is the only one who really knows to Misty knows but is covering for Ron.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1312 on: August 27, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »

IM - I'm not sure what to think.  I vacillate between thinking Misty is the only one who really knows to Misty knows but is covering for Ron.

Thanks~just curious what the general consensus is here on SM about the marriage. I saw a poll late last night on another forum and the same exact percentage of people who voted that Misty knew what happened that night also voted that she was covering for Ron.

Maybe would should do a poll 

[
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1313 on: August 27, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »

Heres some OT good news on a 17 year old case

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20090827/NEWS/908279985/1070&ParentProfile=1058
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1314 on: August 27, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/27/news/news01.txt

Searcher: Haleigh's stepmom didn't pass polygraph

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:37 AM EDT
The 17-year-old babysitter who last saw missing child Haleigh Cummings recently failed her fourth lie detector test, a person close to the case says.

Misty Croslin-Cummings, who is now married to Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, requested to take the test independent of law enforcement and without the consent of her attorney.

Haleigh's family contacted Tim Miller, the founder of Texas Equusearch, to help arrange for three experts to conduct several tests. Croslin-Cummings was questioned about her activities on the night the girl disappeared.

"She failed miserably," Miller said.

Robert Fields, Croslin-Cummings' attorney, said he should have been contacted before Croslin underwent the tests.

"Everyone knew that she has an attorney, and I do have a big question about why they pursued it, knowing she had an attorney," Fields said Wednesday.

Croslin-Cummings signed a document she created stating she was voluntarily performing a polygraph test against the advice of her lawyer, Miller said.

However, Fields was told Croslin-Cummings felt she was pressured to do the test so searches for Haleigh by Equusearch would continue.

Miller said that is the opposite of what occurred.

"Absolutely not," Miller said. "They said it needed to be approved with the attorney, but she wrote a note and signed it to give herself permission."

Miller added that Croslin-Cummings knew she was undergoing tests against her attorney's advice, and wanted to do it anyway to clear her name.

"It's no excuse to pursue the course of action he did," Fields said. "It is my understanding that she was pressured, and she did not want to do it."

A voice stress analysis and a test involving a hypnotist were conducted in addition to the polygraph test.

Croslin failed all three, Miller said.

The recent tests, however, may have given investigators more information to follow up.

"There are certainly some statements that were made that were not made in previous interrogations with law enforcement," Miller said.

The tests were passed to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and reviewed by investigators Tuesday.

Officers have said repeatedly that Croslin-Cummings is the crucial link to solving the child's disappearance, and that she "continues to hold important answers."

"It is what it is, exactly what we've already known," Capt. Dominic Piscitello said. "We still say she is the key to getting to the bottom of what happened to Haleigh."

Croslin-Cummings and Ronald Cummings have previously claimed that they each passed lie detector tests.

This is the fourth polygraph test Croslin has failed, Miller said.

Inconsistencies in Croslin-Cummings' stories have been cited by investigators on numerous occasions.

Miller said he will no longer involve himself in legalities.

"This certainly put me in an awkward position and it isn't a position I wanted to be put in," Miller said. "I need to focus on the searches."

The search for the missing 6-year-old will resume within six weeks through EquuSearch and the aid of law enforcement.

Miller said this is not an opportune time to conduct a search due to weather conditions and heavy underbrush, but another canvass will be made at the request of the family.

"Anything that is going to happen from now on is going to be extremely more difficult," he said.

An Amber Alert for the missing 6-year-old was issued Feb. 10 after she was reported missing by Croslin at 3:27 a.m.

A massive search ensued, involving helicopters, boats, canines and horseback units. No sign of the child was found.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has followed more than 4,000 leads, with no person of interest in the case located.

Efforts to reach Croslin-Cummings for comment were unsuccessful Wednesday.

Croslin-Cummings has previously said she put Haleigh to bed about 8 p.m. on Feb. 9 and went to sleep herself two hours later. Croslin-Cummings said the child was gone when she awoke the next day at 3 a.m.

Ronald Cummings was working the night shift at a local industrial firm.

Both he and Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, are not considered suspects, authorities said.

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: August 27, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »

Interesting article
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1316 on: August 27, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »

O/T................reagrding Tracy Ocasio:

Boot Found In Woods Could Belong To Missing Woman
Posted: 7:04 am EDT August 27, 2009
Updated: 11:45 am EDT August 27, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A boot could be a new lead in the case of an Ocoee woman missing for three months. Wednesday night, investigators told Eyewitness News they found one boot in some woods in Ocoee two days ago that they believe belongs to Tracy Ocasio (see the boot).

Ocasio went missing three months ago. Police say the last person to see her was James Hataway. He is still being held in jail on unrelated charges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEE THE BOOT: Large Image Of Boot Found
VIDEO REPORT: Boot Found In Woods May Be Ocasio's
RAW VIDEO: Hataway Bond Hearing
READ: Hataway's Booking History
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have recently found a boot. The boot was found in the wood line after a recent search," said Sgt. Mike Bryant, Ocoee Police Department.

Orange County deputies on horseback were conducting routine training near Highway 50 and Bluford Avenue (see map) in Orange County when they stumbled across the boot.

"The boot was shown to the Ocasio family, who distributed [pictures] to her friends, asking, 'hey, did Tracy ever have a boot like this?,' and one of the friends said, 'yes.'" explained Sgt. Bryant.

Beginning Thursday, Florida Department of Law Enforcement laboratory investigators will spend a couple of days analyzing the boot found in the woods. They plan on testing the boot for DNA evidence that could link it to Ocasio.

On Wednesday night, police received a Crimeline tip that a body might be inside a freezer on an abandoned property off Avalon Road in west Orange County. However, when investigators searched it, all they found were animal bones in some bags (read report). The abandoned property was an animal farm where people would drop off their dying pets but it has not been in business for two years.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20578666/detail.html?treets=orlc&tml=orlc_12pm&ts=T&tmi=orlc_12pm_1_10500108272009

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1317 on: August 27, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »

Oh wow 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1318 on: August 27, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

Thanks for the post, alagary. I was just about to post it, too. I thought of Haleigh when I heard the news hoping it might provide a glimmer of hope in this case.

Misty's note is curious to me. There's no way a diagnosis can be made based on a single small sample of writing, but I was struck with the cramped lettering style, variance of slant within a single word, and random use of capitals within a single sentence. Also interesting is the misuse of particular letter combinations. I used to tutor children who had been diagnosed with dyslexia, and I don't think I ever had a student above 4th grade that did not spell "taking" as "tacking". I don't know that it would be significant if Misty were dyslexic, but it's a fact that there's a higher incidence of genius within that population than occurs in the non-dyslexic population, and a high IQ is also more common.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1319 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=143952&catid=17

OMG, in this video Tim Miller  speaks and then Misty says ..." I thought it was a dream or something, seems like there was like 4 people"     then she is crying and saying 'why does every body think Im lying,   OMG........something is so wrong about all this.
Good Morning, WTH there was like 4 people. So 4 people that were family members, because correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't there be some DNA or something if it was 4 strangers. None of this makes sense.

Morning all -

Isn't that the truth Rosie - WTH?! So, is this her new angle on how to spill it all? . . . sob sob cry cry - "I don't know for sure - I must have still been tripping out from my wild weekend of excess drugs - someone must have given me some bad ___ (insert whatever drug here) - some of it's coming back to me now, like a bad dream or something" - waah waah waah . . . (of course said in hillbillyish). She is so used to coming up with excuses for her lies . . .

And, clearly, Tim Miller is NOT going to be the one person who is able to put her at ease & get her to talk . . . bummer. Ugh.

Agreed though - something in this simmering powder keg is going to explode . . . and someone's going to get hurt, I'm afraid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.