May 17, 2024, 06:04:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #806 3/9/09 - 3/12/09  (Read 207333 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #300 on: March 10, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »

TexasMom has ALWAYS been AWESOME !!!

Thank you, Hotping!

Hotping.Your on a roll...I'm stayin outta your way..Next post 2000....

Love those bananas Klaas!   

Thanks for the compliment Hotping and Lifesong!  I think ya'll are AWESOME too!   

No doubt....SCARED MONKEYS ROCK!   

I'm just on my lunch break, I see I have a lot of reading to do when I get home from work! 

GOOD WORK MONKEYS!!!   

Made me think, there's been a lot of talk by Monica Kock and others recently about "transparency", or the lack thereof!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #301 on: March 10, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »

I am working on another document so ... I will be crawling into my own little hidey hole for about an hour and ... then this afternoon life outside the computer room beckons.

Later Monkeys

Janet
11:20 AM PT
Later Janet.....I gotta go too....BBL! Have a Great Afternoon!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

TexasMom has ALWAYS been AWESOME !!!

Thank you, Hotping!

Hotping.Your on a roll...I'm stayin outta your way..Next post 2000....

Klaas' version of THE HINKY.  You go girl!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2009, 03:00:42 PM »

OT

Dana's father has been hospitalized, per a post Dugga made on the FP.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »

Just found this article, which is slanted in favor of Aruba, but highlighted the paragraph mentioning Natalee, where their friends appeared to have questioned the decision to go there.  Since Aruba Tourism & link is at the end, no doubt he may have been compensated for the piece.  jmo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20090309/ap_tr_ge/travel_trip_aruba_1

Aruba's island beauty offers sand, sea and sunsets
By FRITZ FAERBER, Associated Press Writer Fritz Faerber, Associated Press Writer Mon Mar 9, 1:30 pm ET
ORANJESTAD, Aruba – Given a choice between a snowy mountain and a sandy beach, I prefer the cold. But my wife is from Miami and my infant son howls when exposed to a chill. So this year I deferred to them, and we headed to Aruba.

I got a glimpse of the island's beauty some 15 years ago, as I looked out the window of a puddle-jumper circling Aruba during a stopover en route to Trinidad. About 20 miles long and 6 miles wide, Aruba is carpeted in some areas with green, scraggly vegetation and a few steep hills, while the north side is rugged, desert-like terrain, peppered with cacti and wild rock formations. White sand rings the south and west shores, and the azure water demands a visit.

It doesn't disappoint. The temperature hovers year-round at about 80 degrees. The water is gorgeous on the southern beaches with their sugary white sand. And Aruba's main source of income is tourism, so visitors are always made to feel welcome. In fact, the Aruba Tourism Authority is promoting the island with a new campaign: "Aruba — 90,000 Friends You Haven't Met Yet."

More than a half-million Americans visit Aruba each year. Huge cruise ships dock daily at Oranjestad and disgorge crowds of passengers to shop or grab a meal in the crowded downtown. Our group of a dozen friends and family stayed a couple miles away, right off Eagle Beach in a condo development called Oceania Residences where visitors rent units from owners — http://www.arubacondo.com. We had to cross a street to get to the beach, but we had unobstructed views of the sea from our rooms. On the beach, huts provided shade from the intense sun, and it was relatively quiet with few crowds.

The water is an intense light blue, but at least close to shore, there isn't much to see for snorkelers. A short drive northwest of Eagle Beach, high-rise hotels and restaurants line crowded Palm Beach. Businesses on the beach rent out sailboats and windsurfers, lead sunset cruises or provide fishing expeditions. We booked a snorkeling and sunset cruise aboard the 45-foot "Ali Kai" catamaran with Marcel's Watersports. At $45 a head, we got a three-hour cruise, in which we sailed up toward the northern tip of Aruba to snorkel near Arashi and Malmok Beaches. Schools of fish crowded around as we swam through the clear, warm water. Parrotfish, filefish and sergeant major fish prowled through the water as starfish lurked on the bottom. We cruised back to Palm Beach as the sun set.

But Aruba offers more than the sea for outdoor adventurers. Much of the northern side of the island is wild. In fact, about 20 percent of the island's 70 square miles lies within park boundaries. The Arikok National Park has biking and hiking trails leading up to views of the rocky north coastline. Check out the unusual rock and cave formations, including natural rock bridges eroded by millennia of waves crashing into and undercutting the rocky coast.

We rented a Jeep and went off-road for most of a day, tracking the coastline from the northern tip of Aruba to Conchi, or the Natural Pool. While less than 10 miles as the crow flies, the trip took many more miles negotiating treacherous gullies, dodging boulders and climbing seemingly vertical trails.

After a hot day bouncing around in the back of the Jeep, we were rewarded with a secluded pool of seawater protected from the rough surf by cliffs and rock formations. Big waves hit the rocks and periodically wash into the pool in a strong, yet gentle waterfall. If off-road driving isn't your speed, try one of the tour companies and let a professional negotiate the tricky paths. ABC Aruba Tours in Oranjestad offers a day trip, http://www.abc-aruba.com/.

Our group included two young children, so the rugged terrain of the north was out for them. But the Butterfly Farm — http://thebutterflyfarm.com/ — near the resorts in Palm Beach made up for what they missed. Hundreds of colorful insects flutter about in a large mesh enclosure. You can see 35 species of the creatures in all stages of development, from egg to caterpillar, pupa and finally a butterfly. Tickets are relatively expensive (adults $15, children $8) but good for the length of your visit to Aruba, so take the kids early and often. The Butterfly Farm has locations on other Caribbean islands too, including in St. Martin, St. Thomas and Grand Cayman.

When we told friends we were heading to Aruba, nearly everyone mentioned Natalee Holloway, the 18-year-old from Alabama who disappeared without a trace in 2005 on a high school graduation trip to the island. Although suspects have been questioned, no one has been tried in the case and Aruban prosecutors said recently they are near the end of their investigation. Holloway's family criticized the handling of the case by Aruban authorities and some officials in the U.S. called for a tourism boycott, but the effort fizzled. But the U.S. State Department's current travel information about Aruba describes crime there as "generally considered low," and we never felt unsafe.

It's not unusual to have disappointing food in places with a lot of tourists no matter where in the world you go, and I must say we had several forgettable meals with our feet in the sand, watching the sunset. But the quality of our meals appeared to be inversely related to our proximity to the beach. At restaurants on Irausquin Boulevard, the views were not as good but the food was much better, including great tapas at Salt & Pepper and good seafood at Fishes & More.

One thing you can't see in Aruba anymore is its famous Natural Bridge, a 100-foot-long stone span that collapsed in 2005. But the sand, the sea and plenty of other diversions still make it a perfect vacation spot for beach-loving families — even those that include a snow-loving contrarian like me.

___

If You Go...

ARUBA TOURISM: http://www.aruba.com/ or 800-862-7822.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.Questions or CommentsPrivacy PolicyTerms of ServiceCopyright/IP Policy

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »

We saw Mom early in the AM I called our priest and the gave Mom more blessings.
We all prayed with mom as she slept.

The hospital called and said the time was near.This was at 2:30 pm
We are whole family sat with Mom as she fought for her breath.
After the family left I stayed with Mom and my plan was to sleep right by her side.
 They set me up in a lounge chair to spend the night.
Clearly she was still holding on and not ready to leave me.
I held her arm for four hours more, and for some  reason I was calm all day.

Then  for some strange reason I took her hand held it tight in mine and cryed, I was shaking uncontrolible.
I cryed so hard that I started choking, at this point after I had calmed myself down all the red lights started flashing the nurse came in I said whats wrong is Mom gone, she said yes.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=147.2580

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »

Blonde's mother Sadie has passed away.  Thread for Blonde.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4668.new#new

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »

This is information I've had since 2005, so I don't know if it is relevant to the discussion or not. Just thought I'd drop it in in case there was anything important in it.

Aruba PORT in ORANGESTAD:

http://www.arubaports.com/cargo/#harbour

The harbor has a depth of 33 feet at MLW. The safe salt water draft approved for entering and leaving is 30 feet 00 inches. Vessels normally enter via the Western Channel and depart via the Eastern Channel. In total, there are 4070 feet of dock length available to accommodate ocean going vessels.

The Port of Oranjestad has five Cruise berths: Two berths with two Cruise Terminals measure 1910 feet in length and the other two berths sharing one Cruise Terminal are 1443 feet in length. One additional Cruise berth has 557 feet of length. Water depth ranges from 32 to 36 feet. On weekends the container berth is used as a third mega cruise berth.

The entire harbor area is fenced in and the grounds are paved. The Aruba Ports Authority has its own security guards system which patrols the harbor 24 hours seven days a week.

http://www.arubaports.com/images/lg_p_ostadport4.jpg

http://www.arubaports.com/images/lg_p_ostadport5.jpg

http://www.arubaports.com/images/lg_p_ostadport6.jpg

http://www.arubaports.com/images/lg_p_ostadport3.jpg

http://www.arubaports.com/images/lg_p_ostadport2.jpg

http://www.arubaports.com/images/lg_p_ostadport1.jpg

Mr. Richard. R. Lacle is the Commercial & Cruse Development Manager for
the Ports Authority:

ARUBA PORTS AUTHORITY N.V.
Port Administration Building
L.G. Smith Blvd. # 23
Oranjestad, Aruba
Dutch West Indies

Tel: (297) 582-6633
Fax: (297) 583-2896
   Marine Traffic Control Tower
Direct Phone: (297) 582-1740 Operations: 24/7/365

VHF Channel: 16 & 11
Pilot Station: Oranjestad: Northwest Entrance: 12º 31’ – 070º 04’ W
                                    Southeast Entrance: 12º 30.3’ N – 070º 02’ W

Barcadera: 12º 28.5’N – 070º 01’ W

Aruba Customs: (297) 585-7076
Aruba Immigration: (297) 585-8200

Coast Guard: (297) 593-6131
Search & Rescue: (297) 962-1380

Mr. J.A. (Alfonso) Boekhoudt is Managing Director

Mr. Johnny Kock, managing director of Aruba Ports Authority just signed a
contract with SETAR N.V. which lets these two companies work together to
give passengers from cruise ships all the telecommunication services:

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »

Kyle said June 6, 2007
Here's some interesting news:

John goes to Aruba on Wednesday.

For the record... June 6, 2008, right?     Someone has a list, checking it twice.           

yes. (the web fingers get in the way.)

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »

Good afternoon Monkey's just got caught up!Checkin in to let you know the daughter had a temp. of 103 yesterday.She's doing better today at 99.6.Guess what??My Temp. is 101.5.. Trying to get some rest so will check back in from time to time...

GOD BLESS BLONDE AND FAMILY

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2009, 05:27:08 PM »

Good afternoon Monkey's just got caught up!Checkin in to let you know the daughter had a temp. of 103 yesterday.She's doing better today at 99.6.Guess what??My Temp. is 101.5.. Trying to get some rest so will check back in from time to time...

Im sorry you and your baby are ill.  Will keep you in my Prayers.  A1

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »

Im sorry you and your baby are ill.  Will keep you in my Prayers.  A1

Thanx A1..It is not fun!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2009, 05:30:27 PM »

Thanks, Kermit.

KTF, that's probably why it took you 6 hours not to fix something at the store, yesterday!  Feel better soon.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »

Feel better KFT and glad your daughter is better today.
Drink lots of fluids and vitamin C and rest.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: March 10, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES - ARUBA
Civil Defense

Mr. Roland W. Peterson
Director, Head NCB-Interpol/NDC
Directorate of Public Order and Security
Torenstraat 11, San Nicolaas
Tel: (297-8) 43-322
Fax: (297-8) 27463
http://www.paho.org/english/DD/PED/pedcarib.htm

Silent emotions soulful thoughts of an Aruban author / Roland W. Peterson. - Peterson, Roland W. - 44 p. ; 22 cm. - Covertitle. - 99904-932-4-3. - [Oranjestad], Aruba : [s.n.], 2005
Plaatskenmerk: BNA [BDC] 2005 *0128
BNA [CU01] 839.38.1 PETE
http://www.una.an/en/diensten/bibliotheek/awl/sep-oct.asp

DIRECTOR NOBO PA SAN NICHOLAS BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
ORANJESTAD
(AAN): --- Day 1 I gave januari I complete San Nicholas Business Association tin a Nobo director.
And director nobo ta consisti I gave and following they miembronan:  Mr. Andres Hernandez - Treasurer; Srta. Mirtha Thielman - Relacionista Publico; Mr. Omar de Souza - Secretary; Mr. Glenn Geerman - Director; Mr. Johnny Kock - Director; Mr. Sven Faarup - Director; Mrs. Cherryldine Muller - Director; Srta. Eudora Peters - Vice President and Mr. Roland W. Peterson - President.
And director nobo tin hopi challenge nan dilanti, among another one pa haci San Nicholas a mihor place pa biba, traha and haci purchases.
http://tinyurl.com/yver8d

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »

Keepthefaith

Thoughts and prayers for both you and your daughter my friend.

Hugs

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »

sorry for the o/t

2NJ, will you please delete my post #9 over in Blonde's thread?...my image didn't work so I reposted it

TIA

DONE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:01:12 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »

Take care of yourself and especially your daughter.  103 is BAD.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »

Sorry you are sick KTF.  Magnolia recomends Chicken Soup and TLC.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »

Sorry you're sick KTF, both of my boys have been sick; one definitely has the flu.  One of my coworkers has missed four days of work with the same.  I know it's just a matter of time....

Chicken noodle soup, and lots of orange juice!  Hope you feel better soon!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.