May 16, 2024, 08:17:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #497 7/18 - 7/19/2006  (Read 136582 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
It's not o/t if someone asks, is it? And if the original question on topic? Anyway ...

Credit to Wikipedia:

Origins of the title
"Living the life of Riley" suggests an ideal life of prosperity and contentment, possibly living on someone else's money, time or work. Rather than a negative freeloading or golddigging aspect, it instead implies that someone is kept or advantaged. The expression was popular in the 1880s, a time when James Whitcomb Riley's poems depicted the comforts of a prosperous home life [1], but it could have an Irish origin: After the Riley clan consolidated its hold on County Cavan, they minted their own money, accepted as legal tender even in England. These coins, called “O'Reillys” and “Reilly's,” became synonymous with a monied person, and a gentleman freely spending was “living on his Reillys.” Thus, the radio-TV title has an ironic edge.

In the same article I learned that there was a non-performing Marx Brother named Gummo. Too bad we don't play Trivial Pursuit any more.

Well, then he is living the life of a Dutch Rijley ! !

Oh ho ho !!
Thanks, k
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 10:05:51 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Say it’s alright! ~~~~

I just got confirmation that Clint Van Zandt would do Dana’s show!

Hey, I’m good at this! lol

Easy as sunday mornin'

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 10:06:14 PM »

Say it’s alright! ~~~~

I am so happy!  And,  may I say I've finally contributed something worthwhile (after 13 months) ~ I suggested his name ~
Thank you, Easy!  I can't wait!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 10:06:19 PM »

Say it’s alright! ~~~~

Great work, Easy!  Wow, Dana's show is the happenin' place lately!  Have you ever considered being a booking agent?  LOL.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 10:07:56 PM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"
WOW!!! Have not been able to post for a few days...or at least to any length. Thought I could jump in at the end of the thread and catch up...saw some references to infighting and disrespect and had to go back and read the whole thread. WOW!!

As you know...I am a newcomer...though I have followed the thread from afar since the beginning. I am a newcomer probably because I am so computer illiterate!! haha Poor Red!! He had tried to get me logged on many a times. And as I have mentioned in the past...whenever something struck me in your posts or front page articles...I would send Red an e-mail and he ALWAYS!! got back to me!! Just a wonderful man.

So as a newcomer...I hope I can share with you what the "feel" of the blog is to me. You all have been here so long...know each other intimately...have developed wonderful relationships. Sometimes it becomes hard to see the forest for the trees as they say. But I suppose I can give you insight as a newcomer...how do I say this...I quess I can give you a feel for how people who have not been a part of SM from the beginning...a new perspective. I am not going to offer my insight unless it is wanted. Just wanted to throw out the offer.

I would love to hear it!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:04 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
lisa, was that your post...excuse me for not knowing....?

me? I am the one who wanted to know if you wanted a newcomers point of view yes...and you know how much I love you all and this blog..but think it is different for me than most of you...

We all were newcomers at one time or another, but you may have a better way of stating it..

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 10:09:12 PM »

Say it’s alright! ~~~~

yes you are easy you are too gouda too be truth
And I can speaken Dutch, Mijster Easy Wrijter ! !
Who hoo ! !
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 10:11:40 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
WOW!!! Have not been able to post for a few days...or at least to any length. Thought I could jump in at the end of the thread and catch up...saw some references to infighting and disrespect and had to go back and read the whole thread. WOW!!

As you know...I am a newcomer...though I have followed the thread from afar since the beginning. I am a newcomer probably because I am so computer illiterate!! haha Poor Red!! He had tried to get me logged on many a times. And as I have mentioned in the past...whenever something struck me in your posts or front page articles...I would send Red an e-mail and he ALWAYS!! got back to me!! Just a wonderful man.

So as a newcomer...I hope I can share with you what the "feel" of the blog is to me. You all have been here so long...know each other intimately...have developed wonderful relationships. Sometimes it becomes hard to see the forest for the trees as they say. But I suppose I can give you insight as a newcomer...how do I say this...I quess I can give you a feel for how people who have not been a part of SM from the beginning...a new perspective. I am not going to offer my insight unless it is wanted. Just wanted to throw out the offer.

Yeah, count me as one who would as well...
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 10:12:05 PM »

Hey Scarlett...you got mail girl! Wink
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 10:14:25 PM »

Michael,

Sounds reasonable.  Have his producer contact me via #######.

Thanks for your kind words and support!

Regards,

Clint Van Zandt
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 10:14:59 PM »

Hey Monkeys...

I just wanted to post this link here before I leave (It is also in the Lounge under Back Ground Posting Music)
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/2321/summer2003/summusic.html

Some good sounds to keep the cool in this HOtT weather... I really like the 1st one Damn Hot

JMO

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 10:15:09 PM »

I wanna hear it, too!

Hi, monkeys!

Easy~ You rock!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 10:17:20 PM »

Cool OF, your choice was the one... Wink

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"

<<snip>>>
OF please don't post those pictures.....

Sunny
If I had them I would post them in a flash IN the LOUNGE... one of the best causes for spittin on you monitor   Wink  JMO of course

OF you are a little devil you know Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »

Klaas

Have been trying to wade through FP Dutch responses.  All I can say is...please tell me...you didn't wake up and have to moderate all those...did you??

I remember the required review of that "liberal"  video required of any immigrants.  Don't think they were too tolerant of their political agenda or moral beliefs.  Maybe they should make a child's rights video for national viewing.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Say it’s alright! ~~~~

Woo Hoo - very cool Easy!

No one asked me for my opinion yet..but never stopped me before!! haha

Well...it seems all is well again in the house of Monkey's!! You know...I have never been married...but becoming a Monkey this late in the game...I imagine it is like being the new "daughter-in-law". There are some people in every family that just pull you in and make you feel at home right away...as so many of you have...there are some you make an instant connection with...and you know you will be soul buddies for ever!!...and that has happened to me here!! There are some...that are a little quirky...just a little bit off...but they grow on you!! haha But as in every "family" where so many different personalities come together...there are going to be "moments"!!! Think we had one of those today!! And do you have any idea how many times I have wanted...no declared!!! "I AM QUITTING THIS FAMILY!!!!" (I am speaking of my own family!!) haha But the one thing about family is....no matter how!!!!...no matter what!!!...now matter how much they can drive us insane!!! THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!!!!
So as a newcomer...as the new "daughter-in-law"....just wanted to let you all know...even after a day of hostilities like today...this place is home...and it is a family of intelligence, committment, integrity, honesty, compassion, humor, I could go on and on...but it IS a family I am proud to be a part of...it is a family I brag about often....it is a family...and with all families...it has it's moments...but it is a family with a common goal...and it still blows me away how Natalee has captured all of our hearts!! this little girl we never had the pleasure of meeting!! But we began as strangers...who have become a family because of this miraculous creature who brought us all together...who are here for one purpose...to bring her justice!! And in the process...are also here for each other!!!
And I am so proud to be a part of you all...even after a day like today!! And I am so proud of why we are here!! And I believe like Klaas...that we SHALL prevail!!! And I believe...as in any family...we will all come together again...because we all are fighting...the good fight!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

slow typer!!! haha by the time I was done writing...saw you were interested!! haha

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
lisa, was that your post...excuse me for not knowing....?

me? I am the one who wanted to know if you wanted a newcomers point of view yes...and you know how much I love you all and this blog..but think it is different for me than most of you...

I would love to hear it.... you can email me if you would prefer... it's in my profile..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Klaas

Have been trying to wade through FP Dutch responses.  All I can say is...please tell me...you didn't wake up and have to moderate all those...did you??

I remember the required review of that "liberal"  video required of any immigrants.  Don't think they were too tolerant of their political agenda or moral beliefs.  Maybe they should make a child's rights video for national viewing.

Buckeye
- Luckily for me Red had already started.  There was still over 100 posts when I got up though.  Crazy!  Laughing
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006, 10:27:16 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Say it’s alright! ~~~~

Woo Hoo - very cool Easy!

No one asked me for my opinion yet..but never stopped me before!! haha

Well...it seems all is well again in the house of Monkey's!! You know...I have never been married...but becoming a Monkey this late in the game...I imagine it is like being the new "daughter-in-law". There are some people in every family that just pull you in and make you feel at home right away...as so many of you have...there are some you make an instant connection with...and you know you will be soul buddies for ever!!...and that has happened to me here!! There are some...that are a little quirky...just a little bit off...but they grow on you!! haha But as in every "family" where so many different personalities come together...there are going to be "moments"!!! Think we had one of those today!! And do you have any idea how many times I have wanted...no declared!!! "I AM QUITTING THIS FAMILY!!!!" (I am speaking of my own family!!) haha But the one thing about family is....no matter how!!!!...no matter what!!!...now matter how much they can drive us insane!!! THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!!!!
So as a newcomer...as the new "daughter-in-law"....just wanted to let you all know...even after a day of hostilities like today...this place is home...and it is a family of intelligence, committment, integrity, honesty, compassion, humor, I could go on and on...but it IS a family I am proud to be a part of...it is a family I brag about often....it is a family...and with all families...it has it's moments...but it is a family with a common goal...and it still blows me away how Natalee has captured all of our hearts!! this little girl we never had the pleasure of meeting!! But we began as strangers...who have become a family because of this miraculous creature who brought us all together...who are here for one purpose...to bring her justice!! And in the process...are also here for each other!!!
And I am so proud to be a part of you all...even after a day like today!! And I am so proud of why we are here!! And I believe like Klaas...that we SHALL prevail!!! And I believe...as in any family...we will all come together again...because we all are fighting...the good fight!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

That's great and all Idstlou!  And, I appreciate your enthusiasm.  But, I think some are forgetting that blatant disrespect should never be tolerated...even in a family setting.  Things were said earlier that can't simply just be forgotten as far as I'm concerned.  If that makes be the bad guy, then so be it...

Just my 2 cents.  Enjoy your evening.

Strike
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.