May 06, 2024, 07:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #2 4/09/09 - 4/15/09  (Read 442902 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »

Nice catches Wynks.....especially the time line issues with the kids getting out of school

Thanks k9!  By the way, love your avatar!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
kippy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »

Tracy Pastor Speaks Out About Cantu Girl
April 10, 2009 05:53 PM PDT
April 10, 2009 06:21 PM PDT

SALINAS, Calif.- Pastor Lane Lawless and his wife Connie, two of the hundreds of people questioned by Tracy police in the case of the missing 8-year-old girl found dead Monday, attended church services in Salinas Friday.
Lawless, whose brother-in-law is the pastor of the Alisal Baptist Church in Salinas, sat among friends and family in a pew inside the church. In one of his first TV interviews, Lawless said it's been a rough few weeks.

"There's no need to fall apart just keep going," said Lawless.

Lawless and his wife said they were questioned hours after 8-year-old Sandra Cantu went missing from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park on March 27.

"Nerve-racking...(it's) not anything we've ever gone through before," said Lawless.

His wife, Connie, said the questioning lasted through the weekend.

"That evening the FBI came back and questioned us until 11:00 that night," said Connie.

Tracy police and FBI agents also converged on the Clover Road Baptist Church, where Lawless preached.

"I can assume why they are investigating us," said Connie. "It's our proximity and it's where she was last seen and because of that the church."

Lawless' niece Amy McCLure said it was surreal to see her aunt and uncle on TV portrayed in that light.

"For this to be a possibility, it's unfathomable in our minds and people who know them," said McClure. "We can see how it looks, but there's no doubt with me they're innocent."

Lawless and his wife said they had known and cared for Sandra for about six years.

"I don't think she ever came by our house without stopping," said Lawless.

Connie said her death is devastating.

"You can't even imagine even the worst thing in world that could happen to you and then to find that little thing's body, she'll never get over this, but I pray to God give her peace and comfort," said Connie, referring to Sandra's mother who Connie said broke down in screams after learning of her daughter's death.

http://www.kcba.com/Global/story.asp?S=10166530

So, indeed the Lawless house was the last place she was seen??
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

My husband just said the news had some special report (they broke into the middle of the newscast) that something big was going on right now in Tracy.  He said a helicopter was circling above a farmhouse in which someone was holed up.

My husband has been wrong before, though if he's only heard half of something.  I'm going to check it out.  I'm not banking on his assessment being accurate yet, lol.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »

After reading about this so called note that Melissa found, I am know wondering about that note that was found at the memorial, that was supposedly written by Sandra to her killer. I just thought it was some crackpot trying to insert themselves into this case somehow, but now I'm wondering if whoever took Sandra had her write this note, I'm interested to find out if this note was Sandra's handwritting.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »

My husband just said the news had some special report (they broke into the middle of the newscast) that something big was going on right now in Tracy.  He said a helicopter was circling above a farmhouse in which someone was holed up.

My husband has been wrong before, though if he's only heard half of something.  I'm going to check it out.  I'm not banking on his assessment being accurate yet, lol.

Wyks ~  flossy did a disclaimer  later and said her hubby must have had this mixed up and asked us to remove post if need be.  Klaas said to leave it, in case it turned out to be so.  In other words, nothing has come of this YET. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »

wyks that WAS a good summary and I have a question? In the first reports hadn't Sandra gotten a ride home from school and was playing with a 5 yr old after school then went home and then back out? Was this Melissa who gave her a ride home from school?

Thanks leslee!   And great questions!  Hope other monkeys have the answers, would like to know as well. 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »

***If Melissa is responsible for all this she has to be the stupidest criminal in recent memory.......

I think she and Casey Anthony might have been separated at birth 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »

ABOUT PASTOR LANE LAWLESS

http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2009, 10:53:36 PM »

wyks that WAS a good summary and I have a question? In the first reports hadn't Sandra gotten a ride home from school and was playing with a 5 yr old after school then went home and then back out? Was this Melissa who gave her a ride home from school?

Thanks leslee!   And great questions!  Hope other monkeys have the answers, would like to know as well. 

I read that Sandra got a ride home from school from her grandpa, and then he left for work. She  did go and play with a five year old, the five year old who told her mother that Sandra was talking about running away from home, now my question is, was this five year old Melissa's daughter? I thought at the time how strange that Sandra would say such a thing to this child, but if this was Melissa's daughter, this makes more sense to me now. If this story about running away is coming from Melissa, this is just more lies from Melissa's mouth.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54:26 PM »

After reading about this so called note that Melissa found, I am know wondering about that note that was found at the memorial, that was supposedly written by Sandra to her killer. I just thought it was some crackpot trying to insert themselves into this case somehow, but now I'm wondering if whoever took Sandra had her write this note, I'm interested to find out if this note was Sandra's handwritting.

This is all very weird.  Notes can be traced through source of paper, ink, handwriting, fingerprints and other things.  And there is more than one note then?  Geez.  How many cases do we see with multiple notes?  Do we know if the note Melissa says she found was turned over to LE?  I should hope so!  There doesn't seem to be much info about the note(s). 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2009, 10:55:34 PM »

I read that Sandra got a ride home from school from her grandpa, and then he left for work. She  did go and play with a five year old, the five year old who told her mother that Sandra was talking about running away from home, now my question is, was this five year old Melissa's daughter? I thought at the time how strange that Sandra would say such a thing to this child, but if this was Melissa's daughter, this makes more sense to me now. If this story about running away is coming from Melissa, this is just more lies from Melissa's mouth.

The pieces of the puzzle are all coming together.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:07 PM »

Yep, sounds like yet another load offered up by Melissa.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

Thanks, so the members section is not up. And also I don't understand what that trail of blood section is about.
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »

With all of the twists and turns this case is getting stranger and stranger! 

As far as Melissa Huckaby goes, if she had indeed found a note.. and.. if the suitcase was hers and is the EXACT same suitcase that Sandra was found in.....don't you think that LE would have forbidden her to talk to the press about it since it would then be evidence?  And how does she know that HER suitcase is the same suitcase that Sandra was found in? Did LE have her come down and ID it?

Something else that is interesting. A couple of days ago in one of the local news sites, can't remember which one since I have been reading so many!  Anyway, a local Tracy woman had posted in the comments that she used to live in this trailer park and after hearing about Sandra went to go visit her former neighbors. This woman said....and I can't verify if she is telling the truth or not..... that she was told that the Pastor's daughter was dating Chris Sinclair.  If this is true I am now wondering if maybe they meant Melissa? or is Melissa married?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

It appears the church's website has not been updated since 2001.

That is weird.

Janet

_____

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #395 on: April 10, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

As far as Melissa Huckaby goes, if she had indeed found a note.. and.. if the suitcase was hers and is the EXACT same suitcase that Sandra was found in.....don't you think that LE would have forbidden her to talk to the press about it since it would then be evidence?  And how does she know that HER suitcase is the same suitcase that Sandra was found in? Did LE have her come down and ID it?

Something else that is interesting. A couple of days ago in one of the local news sites, can't remember which one since I have been reading so many!  Anyway, a local Tracy woman had posted in the comments that she used to live in this trailer park and after hearing about Sandra went to go visit her former neighbors. This woman said....and I can't verify if she is telling the truth or not..... that she was told that the Pastor's daughter was dating Chris Sinclair.  If this is true I am now wondering if maybe they meant Melissa? or is Melissa married?

His daughter's name is Joni.  Melissa is a granddaughter.   

I wonder if that's true or not.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #396 on: April 10, 2009, 11:08:35 PM »

Hi Monkeys
I'm new here, I started following you closely when the bag was discovered.  I was approved today to join you AWESOME Monkeys.  I've followed Haleigh for 3 weeks when I found SM site.  Please bare with me if I mess up posting.  I'm truly new at this.
Glad to be here

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 10, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Izzy58   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: April 10, 2009, 11:09:49 PM »

Very interesting and WELCOME.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: April 10, 2009, 11:10:31 PM »

His daughter's name is Joni.  Melissa is a granddaughter.   

I wonder if that's true or not.

The pieces are coming together and ... a picture is emerging.

Janet

++++++

Police Eye Oakdale Property in Search for Sandra
FOX40 News
April 2, 2009

On Thursday, April 1st, police expanded their search to the Tracy landfill as well as a home in Oakdale.  Authorities tell us the home belongs to a relative of Chris Sinclair, a resident of the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park who has been identified as a person of interest in the case.  FOX40 spoke with Sinclair, who says he's not sure why he's under investigation.  Sinclair said he returned home earlier this week, and both of his cars were gone.  He says police asked if he knew anything about Sandra's disappearance.  Martial arts instructor, Frank Wohler, is another person of interest who has  been questioned by police.  He lives a few houses down from Sandra and peaked the interest of investigators when they learned he kissed Sanda on the lips at the community pool two years ago.  Wohler says he was just being friendly and nice.  "It's kinda my nature and I haven't talked to her since.  I've seen her in the park, but that's it," Wohler said.

http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_local_headlines/?Police-Eye-Oakdale-Property-in-Search-fo=1&blockID=256041&feedID=190

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.