May 21, 2024, 05:36:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #625 5/20-5/22/2007  (Read 162698 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: May 22, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »

OT-   Laughing

Back in the day, when I got my first official job outside of throwing newspapers and cutting lawns, I was paid a whopping $1.50 an hour for a summer.  If I made a full 40 hour week, I would get home with a little less than 60 bucks for the week.  Yesterday I stopped to fill up my truck.  Granted, it was running on fumes, but the dollar wheel was spinning like a screaming banshee and the gallon counter was grinding like a bad pair of dentures!  Slightly less that 20 gallons and $59.60 later I was thinking geez, I used to work all week to make the money I just spent in less than 5 minutes!

I know that I am starting to sound like my uncle that never got over the depression, but just when will it reach a point where it is economically advantageous just to stay home?
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: May 22, 2007, 09:19:46 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
OT-   Laughing

Back in the day, when I got my first official job outside of throwing newspapers and cutting lawns, I was paid a whopping $1.50 an hour for a summer.  If I made a full 40 hour week, I would get home with a little less than 60 bucks for the week.  Yesterday I stopped to fill up my truck.  Granted, it was running on fumes, but the dollar wheel was spinning like a screaming banshee and the gallon counter was grinding like a bad pair of dentures!  Slightly less that 20 gallons and $59.60 later I was thinking geez, I used to work all week to make the money I just spent in less than 5 minutes!

I know that I am starting to sound like my uncle that never got over the depression, but just when will it reach a point where it is economically advantageous just to stay home?

Mornin' Easy,
LOL - my first real job after my grass cutting days was pumping gas at Johnson Shell.  I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon.  I filled up my truck and two gs cans last weekend = $80+  OUCH!
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: May 22, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Good Morning Monkeys!

Working and Lurking....

Mornin' Kimmy!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:47 AM »

OT-   Laughing

The cost of crude is actually 10% BELOW what it was last year at this time! They say that the refineries are off-line  -- I smell a rat!

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #904 on: May 22, 2007, 09:31:13 AM »

Quote from: "IndyDan"
OT-   Laughing

Mornin' Easy,
LOL - my first real job after my grass cutting days was pumping gas at Johnson Shell.  I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon.  I filled up my truck and two gs cans last weekend = $80+  OUCH!

Yeah, there never was that time in my life where I just didn’t have time to work, because raping and pillaging took priority.  If I wanted something other than food on the table and a pair of blue jeans, then I found a way to get the money.  Stealing, gambling, or selling drugs was not an option.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #905 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:29 AM »

Good morning.

Working and lurking.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #906 on: May 22, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »

OT-   Laughing

Mornin' Easy,

Memories – Gas was cheap and every service station was happy to get your business.  Someone would run out to the pumps and while filling your tank they would clean the windshield, check the oil, check the tire pressure and give you a set of glasses just for choosing them.  Now, all a person sees is a digital readout on an LED saying, “We have you by the balls and you better pay in advance you sucker!”
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: May 22, 2007, 09:58:37 AM »

I see that Medley is proud of her enduring relationship with the fine young gentleman known as Boeti.  I wonder what those conversations she claims to have had with the guy entailed.  “Hey mister, got a dime bag?”
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: May 22, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Question:
How long does it take to lose the weight one has gained from steroids? I had a lot of them after each surgery to reduce any swelling. However, I cannot get this weight off that I gained. I jumped a LOT of poundage immediately and now it doesn't want to leave although I am exercising and watching my diet very carefully. I have never weighed this much in my entire life  Shocked

Art,  I have never lost all mine.

Tyler, I put on 25 pounds in the hospital and I am so discouraged. I am chubby for the first time in my life.  My yarn shoppe lady is an emergency room nurse and she told me that steroids change your metabolism. Every time I ask the doctor about it, they don't really answer me..just say, "don't worry about it". Jeesh.
I mean, I am happy to be alive and all, but I really do NOT want to be this heavy.
I would like to think it will come off at SOME point. How long has it been since you had steroids?

Art, I would not be surprised.  I had my hysterectomy when I weighed in at 115 pounds.   On my check up in two weeks, I was at 110.   I had to go into the hospital for steroids for five days in ICU because I get such a massive dose.  I came home on 500 mg twice a day, which was delivered by home IV service.  Within six weeks, I weighed 185 pounds and was in the intensive care unit for congestive heart failure.  I, of course, lost a lot of that because it was fluid and they diuresed it off me, but I have never gotten back down to 115 since.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: May 22, 2007, 10:18:47 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Sleuth"
Klaasend - remember when you were looking at the CoolAruba photos of the search along cliffs/caves - I indicated that the area seemed familiar...

Yep

(I hope this has something to do with the picture of yours in photobucket that received the 125,000 hits or so.

I've been waiting patiently (NOT) to hear more.....)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: May 22, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »

When I took steriods for a spider bite,I balloned up,no joke.It goes on easier than it comes,I found.Good Luck
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: May 22, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Good Morning Monkeys!

Working and Lurking....

Mornin' Kimmy!

Hiya Indy!  You are telling your age... .25 cents a gallon!!  I remember it being in the 70 cents range..I can't remember being too aware of it, I do remember the long gas lines of the 70's...I was a weee little girl then. LOL.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: May 22, 2007, 10:26:15 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Klaasend - remember when you were looking at the CoolAruba photos of the search along cliffs/caves - I indicated that the area seemed familiar...

Yep

(I hope this has something to do with the picture of yours in photobucket that received the 125,000 hits or so.

Yes it does have to do with those photos (webshots) that have gotten so many hits:

From my webshot album:

Closeup:

Sleuth photos she took in Aruba in Arikok Park near the Fontein Caves:

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: May 22, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »

Quote from: wreck
OT-   Laughing

The cost of crude is actually 10% BELOW what it was last year at this time! They say that the refineries are off-line  -- I smell a rat/quote]

I agree wreck... The RAT is record profits for these gas companies. - Billions of dollars! Evil or Very Mad

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: May 22, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
I fixed grits every morning for 20 years. Haven't fixed them once since the divorce.
 I miss the grits.  Laughing
Laughing  Laughing  Make yourself some grits and just forget all the other.

Has anyone other than my mother, myself made grits with butter and sugar to encourage little tikes to eat grits.

WHAT! So that waitress in GA who I thought was nice telling me to put sugar and butter on my grits was probably laughing at me! a grown "yankee" (really phillies fan) eating grits w/ sugar and butter!
Well, it's OK.  I do enjoy my grits that way and I hope it brightened/lightened her day.

Sorry Monkeys to jump in. Mornin'.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: May 22, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »

Question:
How long does it take to lose the weight one has gained from steroids? I had a lot of them after each surgery to reduce any swelling. However, I cannot get this weight off that I gained. I jumped a LOT of poundage immediately and now it doesn't want to leave although I am exercising and watching my diet very carefully. I have never weighed this much in my entire life  Shocked

Art,  I have never lost all mine.

Tyler, I put on 25 pounds in the hospital and I am so discouraged. I am chubby for the first time in my life.  My yarn shoppe lady is an emergency room nurse and she told me that steroids change your metabolism. Every time I ask the doctor about it, they don't really answer me..just say, "don't worry about it". Jeesh.
I mean, I am happy to be alive and all, but I really do NOT want to be this heavy.
I would like to think it will come off at SOME point. How long has it been since you had steroids?

Art, I would not be surprised.  I had my hysterectomy when I weighed in at 115 pounds.   On my check up in two weeks, I was at 110.   I had to go into the hospital for steroids for five days in ICU because I get such a massive dose.  I came home on 500 mg twice a day, which was delivered by home IV service.  Within six weeks, I weighed 185 pounds and was in the intensive care unit for congestive heart failure.  I, of course, lost a lot of that because it was fluid and they diuresed it off me, but I have never gotten back down to 115 since.

Tyler  Thank you. I really feel bad that you went through all that.
I was on the steroids for about 3-3-1/2 weeks in NOV and for a few days in Feb.   This is the weight gain from that first stay, I believe.
I guess all I can do is watch the calories, exercise and hope for the best. ANd buy clothing a few sizes larger!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: May 22, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
When I took steriods for a spider bite,I balloned up,no joke.It goes on easier than it comes,I found.Good Luck

Wow, Tiger!
WHat kind of spider bit you?
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »

MOrning MOnkeys!!!! Laughing
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: May 22, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"

Yep

Yes it does have to do with those photos (webshots) that have gotten so many hits:

From my webshot album:

Closeup:

Sleuth photos she took in Aruba in Arikok Park near the Fontein Caves:

Laughing

I hope the Dutch investigators decide to pay a visit. Maybe soil samples will still hold some forensics??

When you posted the pic awhile back, it was almost like electricity running up and down my arms.

I think that something incredibly significant inadvertantly got photographed.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: May 22, 2007, 10:48:30 AM »

MOrning MOnkeys!!!! Laughing

How's my favorite yankee this morning?  Wink  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.