May 17, 2024, 06:53:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 239285 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Teen_In_Murder_Case_To_Be_Transferred

Teen in murder case to
be transferred
Rakeem Florence to be transferred to
adult jail

Updated: Monday, 03 Aug 2009, 5:00 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 03 Aug 2009, 3:31 PM CDT

* Hubert Tate
    * Liz Nelson

PENSACOLA, Fla. - According to the Florida State Attorneys Office, the 16-year-old in the Billings case will be transferred to adult jail.

Rakeem Florence was being held in the youth detention center, but documents to switch him to an adult facility were filed Monday. He will appear in court Tuesday afternoon at 1:30 at the Escambia County Courthouse. Judge John Parnham will hear the case.

Leonard Gonzalez, Sr., Leonard Gonzalez, Jr., Wayne Coldiron, Gary Sumner, Frederick Thornton, Jr., and Donnie Stallworth have all been arrested in connection to the murders, and charged with open counts of murder.

Pamela Long Wiggins has been arrested and charged as being an accessory after the fact. Authorities found the safe that was stolen from the Billings' house buried in her back yard.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: August 04, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »

Lots of new information over at Rick's blog on Tabitha Gongalez( Lenoard Patrick's wife)
and her former naval officer husband.  The web grows bigger and bigger.

Thanks Magnolia.

http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7080

The ex-husband of Tabatha Gonzalez, wife of the Patrick Gonzalez, Jr, was convicted of trafficking cocaine in September 2004. Judge Linda Nobles sentenced him, Brandon Anthony Fausti, to two years of community control supervision and four years of probation.

I reviewed Fausti’s case file and found an interesting narrative from him on how his life spiraled out of control and led to his arrest in December 2002. The narrative was part of a motion to mitigate his sentence and terminate the remainder of his probation of supervision, dated August 21, 2006. The motion was denied by Judge Nobles.

Fausti, a Naval Academy graduate and U. S. Navy pilot, blames his fall from grace on a “series of devastating events” – which include fire, his wife leaving him and her abandoning their four children.

12/28/01 House (5699 Pine Oak Avenue, Milton) catches fire and is totaled.

1/7/02 Wife (Tabatha) leaves him and takes his four kids.

Fausti is unable to see his children for the next six months as divorce proceedings begin. He becomes suicidal and is taken off flight duty at HT-8, NAS Whiting Field, Milton. He checks himself into a mental institution and later undergoes psychiatric treatment for major depression at NAS Pensacola, AVMED Department.

That Spring, Fausti claims that he was offered a career opportunity with Snowden-Pencer to sell surgical equipment that would pay him $500K annually, but the Navy refuses to release him from his service commitment.

Later that Summer, Tabatha Fausti violates a court order protecting the children, according to Brandon Fausti. The children are placed in foster care. Tabatha leaves the country for several months fleeing prosecution and missing several court dates.

9/30/02 Fausti is honorably discharged after 16-year career.

November 2002 The children are placed in the care of Fausti’s parents.

12/5/02 Fausti believes that he will win custody of his kids at court hearing, only to have Tabatha attend the hearing and win custody.

Fausti writes that he is “jolted and becomes suicidal again.” Within days, he buys “copious amounts of cocaine, is living out of his car, and has become a danger to himself.”

He claims to have survived an overdose and was arrested while selling all of his remaining cocaine “in an effort to distance himself from his abuse and seek treatment” at a rehab center in Atlanta.

Tabatha Fausti married Patrick Gonzalez, Jr. on July 2003 – six months after the arrest.

Fausti is now living in Georgia. Tabatha still has their four children.

———————-
The interesting part is the four or five months Tabatha spent out of the country. We’ve heard several rumors of Patrick Gonzalez, Jr. working in Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala. Was Tabatha Fausti traveling with Gonzalez?

One of my researchers did find an AP article, dated May 1999, that tells of a Navy sailor that was demoted and given a reprimand letter for a punch that killed a hotel clerk in Ecuador. The report also states that a Navy helicopter pilot, Lt. Brandon Fausti, was cleared of manslaughter but convicted of battery in the case for manhandling the clerk during the argument but not causing his death.

Could this be the same Fausti? Read more.

Definitely seems to be several Central American/South American connections with some of the people in the Billings case.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: August 04, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »

Thanks to CECE and MAGNOLIA for the links and stories.

Humm....South American connection.....Honduran Woods.....Imported cars and cars stolen and taken over the Mexican Border. DEA.

A 16 yr naval career down the tubes..Tabitha and Pat Jr possibly gone to South America together...And another case of a possibly abusive parent getting all FOUR of her kids back. Sex, lies and video tapes all rolled up in the murder of two people in their own home, massecred in front of their helpless children.

Where's Pamela?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #703 on: August 04, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »

Fanny - local news is showing only storm info right now, but on the news ticker at the bottom I just saw a blurb about Henry Cab Tice saying he has left town

Off to see what I can find out~BRB

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #704 on: August 04, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »

WEAR TV just reported Tice as POI, and they will detail a "falling out" at the 6pm news, and ticker definitely says HE HAS LEFT TOWN...........wonder if he's on the CLassy Lady with the HO

I looked everywhere and don't see this reported anywhere else, so I'll report more later......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: August 04, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »

WEAR TV just reported Tice as POI, and they will detail a "falling out" at the 6pm news, and ticker definitely says HE HAS LEFT TOWN...........wonder if he's on the CLassy Lady with the HO

I looked everywhere and don't see this reported anywhere else, so I'll report more later......

Imagine that. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #706 on: August 04, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »

Imagine that. 

I know

I guess they know where Pam is because he was the only one mentioned, but even Rick's Blog isn't breaking the news yet........

[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: August 04, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »

Imagine that. 

I know

I guess they know where Pam is because he was the only one mentioned, but even Rick's Blog isn't breaking the news yet........

If the LE didn't have a tail on both of them, I would be surprised. Especially if the DEA is involved.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #708 on: August 04, 2009, 06:53:03 PM »

Imagine that. 

I know

If the LE didn't have a tail on both of them, I would be surprised. Especially if the DEA is involved.

I agree, I bet they follow them so close they know how many sheets of toilet paper they use a day

[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: August 04, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090804/NEWS01/90804015
Teen in Billings case charged as adult
Kris Wernowsky • kwernowsky@pnj.com • August 4, 2009
A teenager charged with murder in the July 9 deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings made his first appearance in adult court Tuesday.
Advertisement

Rakeem Chaney Florence, 16, of Fort Walton Beach appeared before Escambia County Circuit Judge John T. Parnham, shackled and wearing a green jail jumpsuit. He is the last of the seven suspects accused of murder to make an initial appearance.

The case will now head to a grand jury which will decide individual charges for each of the defendants. The grand jury is expected to convene within the next week to 10 days, Assistant State Attorney Greg Marcille said Tuesday.

Until Monday, Florence was being held in the Juvenile Detention Center without bond in connection with the double homicide.

Escambia County Juvenile Judge Ross Goodman on Monday determined Florence could be charged as an adult. He was transferred to the Escambia County Jail where he will remain through the duration of the criminal proceeding.

During Tuesday’s five-minute hearing, Florence spoke only to tell the judge that he was no longer represented by a private attorney. Parnham appointed the Office of Regional Conflict Counsel to represent him.

Florence’s family did not attend Tuesday’s hearing held at the M.C. Blanchard Building in Pensacola. Attempts to reach his father late Tuesday were unsuccessful.

Florence is due back in court Aug. 28 for arraignment before Circuit Judge Paul Rasmussen.

The teen is connected to three other suspects in the slaying who hail from Okaloosa County — Gary Lamont Sumner, 30, Frederick Lee Thornton Jr., 19, and Donnie Ray Stallworth, 28.

The four knew each other through Sumner’s Fifth Dimension auto detailing shop in Fort Walton Beach, according to investigators and court documents.

The Billingses were found shot to death July 9 in the bedroom of their Beulah home.

The couple were known throughout the Pensacola Bay Area for adopting and caring for special-needs children. Several children were at home during the deadly home invasion.

A small safe containing children’s prescription medication, paperwork and heirloom jewelry was taken from the home. To date, investigators have only confirmed robbery as the primary motive in the double homicide.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: August 04, 2009, 07:10:09 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Teen_Suspect_Wont_Face_Death_Penalty
Teen suspect won't face
death penalty

Updated: Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 2:07 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 2:00 PM CDT

* Liz Nelson

Rakeem Florence

PENSACOLA, Fla. - FOX10 News has learned the 16-year-old charged with murder in the Billings case will not face the death penalty.

Rakeem Florence made his first court appearance Tuesday in Pensacola. A judge denied him bond and set his next court date for August 28. Florence will be provided a court-appointed attorney.

Florence is one of seven suspects in this case facing murder and home invasion/robbery charges in connection with the deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings. The couple, who was known for adopting special needs children, was shot to death in their Escambia County home last month.

Prosecutors say Florence is the only murder suspect in this case who will not be eligible for the death penalty, if convicted.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Teen_Suspect_Wont_Face_Death_Penalty
Teen suspect won't face
death penalty

Updated: Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 2:07 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 Aug 2009, 2:00 PM CDT

* Liz Nelson

Rakeem Florence

PENSACOLA, Fla. - FOX10 News has learned the 16-year-old charged with murder in the Billings case will not face the death penalty.

Rakeem Florence made his first court appearance Tuesday in Pensacola. A judge denied him bond and set his next court date for August 28. Florence will be provided a court-appointed attorney.

Florence is one of seven suspects in this case facing murder and home invasion/robbery charges in connection with the deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings. The couple, who was known for adopting special needs children, was shot to death in their Escambia County home last month.

Prosecutors say Florence is the only murder suspect in this case who will not be eligible for the death penalty, if convicted.

He sure effed his life up at an early age. 

RaggedyAnn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #712 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »

IM,

Sorry this is O/T but I have been gone from SM for a while and when I returned yesterday I saw the message you wrote in musings to "Dolce".  I didn't have a clue about the "Dolce" disaster until then.  I want you and your daughter/family to know that my heart hurts for you regarding little Eli.  I had a similar experience (a daughter) and I can honestly say it is the hardest thing in life to go through.

God Bless you and your family.

I'm just a Raggedy Ann living in a Barbie doll world.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #713 on: August 04, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

IM,

Sorry this is O/T but I have been gone from SM for a while and when I returned yesterday I saw the message you wrote in musings to "Dolce".  I didn't have a clue about the "Dolce" disaster until then.  I want you and your daughter/family to know that my heart hurts for you regarding little Eli.  I had a similar experience (a daughter) and I can honestly say it is the hardest thing in life to go through.

God Bless you and your family.

Thank you RA an angelic monkey

I think Dolce was a truly sick person and don't dwell on her, just wanted to let her know how I felt. I'm so sorry you had to go thru a similar experience with your daughter and I will pray for you too as I know the pain never really disappears....There are so many here on SM who have had similar experience and you'll find an outpouring of love and compassion here.

God Bless You also an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: August 05, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »

Great job IM.  Thank you & all for the updates!   an angelic monkey

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/05/Grand-jury-to-take-up-Florida-homicides/UPI-31611249490014/

PENSACOLA, Fla., Aug. 5 (UPI) -- Authorities say a grand jury is the next step in the case against seven people charged in the slaying of a Florida couple that adopted special needs children.

The last of the suspects, Rakeem Chaney Florence, 16, made his first court appearance as an adult before Circuit Judge John T. Parnham, who appointed the Office of Regional Conflict Counsel to represent him, The Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal reported Wednesday.

Florence will return to circuit court on Aug. 28 for arraignment.

Authorities say it will be up to the grand jury to decide individual charges against each of the defendants.

The teen and six others are accused in the slaying and robbery of Byrd and Melanie Billings who were found shot to death in the bedroom of their home in Beulah.

The nine special needs children the couple had adopted were in the house at the time of the slayings.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #715 on: August 05, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »

Great job IM.  Thank you & all for the updates!   an angelic monkey

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/05/Grand-jury-to-take-up-Florida-homicides/UPI-31611249490014/

PENSACOLA, Fla., Aug. 5 (UPI) -- Authorities say a grand jury is the next step in the case against seven people charged in the slaying of a Florida couple that adopted special needs children.

The last of the suspects, Rakeem Chaney Florence, 16, made his first court appearance as an adult before Circuit Judge John T. Parnham, who appointed the Office of Regional Conflict Counsel to represent him, The Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal reported Wednesday.

Florence will return to circuit court on Aug. 28 for arraignment.

Authorities say it will be up to the grand jury to decide individual charges against each of the defendants.

The teen and six others are accused in the slaying and robbery of Byrd and Melanie Billings who were found shot to death in the bedroom of their home in Beulah.

The nine special needs children the couple had adopted were in the house at the time of the slayings.

Happy to do it Cece

[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: August 05, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »

Good job, ISLAND and thank you too, CECE.

Very disappointing if they really did let Cab Tice slip between their fingers. I somehow doubt it, though.

ISLAND, Do you know the other car dealership that Tice was supposed to be manager? Had you heard that he was supposed to hold a national news conference on July 27? That was news to me. Do we have a recent picture of him?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: August 05, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »

I also forgot to ask, what is the warrant for that is out for him?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: August 05, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

Nevermind about the car dealership. I watched the video. Fine looking establishment.   

Rizzy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #719 on: August 05, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »

Thanks for all the news!   

Here is a really good article that puts a few things in to perspective .....

http://www.newsweek.com/id/210663

Murder in the Panhandle

The tragic slaying of Byrd and Melanie Billings may be a more complicated case than it seems.

*Snip*
Here's where things get exceedingly murky. One person police interviewed the night of the murders was a man named Henry Tice, who also works in the used-car trade. He and Billings have had joint interests in a number of ventures. For instance, state records filed in 2007 show that Billings's financing company provided funding to Hispanic-American Auto Sales, a Tice-run business. Tice is also "good friends" with Gonzalez, who has worked for him in the past, according to a former Tice associate who requested anonymity out of fear. Both men were martial-arts fans and used to work out together, the associate says

Also, acandyrose has put up some more updates on her Billings timeline ... I don't think she ever sleeps!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.