May 13, 2024, 06:48:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #63  (Read 382110 times)
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1100 on: November 20, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

Good day to all the monks.  I just can't believe the twists and turns uinvolved with this whole circus.  Now Moe is saying she wants to write a book on what to do in searching for missing children.  Have mercy, I just slipped on a banana peel.  That would be like Jeffrey Dahlmer writing a cooking book.  Have a great day all - must return to work.

Be casual, as always

It's raining men...Hallelujah!!! 

Another boymonkey in here ? ......HEY, you stay away from my girl ! 

I think Bearly is a girl    Awww is CasuallyCool your girl, Sea Searcher?

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1101 on: November 20, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »

http://www.local6.com/news/18022813/detail.html

Attorney: Case Against Casey Difficult To Prove Without Body
Woman Charged With Murder In Daughter's Disappearance

POSTED: 8:15 am EST November 20, 2008
UPDATED: 9:13 am EST November 20, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone continued his investigation into the Casey Anthony first-degree murder case by presenting the known facts to a former assistant state attorney and a prominent defense attorney.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, who was last seen in mid-June.

Pipitone presented questions to former assistant state attorney Elizabeth Rahter and longtime criminal defense attorney Cheney Mason.

"First, the venue. Where the trial should be held," Pipitone said. "From the defense side, is it in your interest to move this trial out of the county?"

"Well, it may very well be. But what county would you move it to that hasn't been saturated with this story," Mason said. "Prosecutions usually -- almost without exception -- oppose a change of venue."

"Elizabeth, would you oppose it?" Pipitone asked.

"Yes, I would make the same arguments he made. You can't go anywhere," Rahter said.

Mason said seeking a change of venue could undercut another possible defense strategy, the demand for a speedy trial.

Anthony was indicted Oct. 14, meaning the state has 175 days -- until April 7 -- to start her trial, unless Anthony decides to waive her right.

"As a defense attorney, do you want a speedy trial in a case like this, where there's no body?" Pipitone said.

"That's an interesting question. Without the body, the state's going to have an enormous burden, and I don't think they can prove the case," Mason said. "I would certainly give strong consideration to moving on to trial without delay."

"As a prosecutor, why would you even go to a grand jury without a body and force yourself to try this case?" Pipitone asked Rahter.

"It's a lot better to deal with witnesses while they're fresh. And the problem with a lot of murder cases is they take years to try, and if you wait that long then their memories start to fade," Rahter said.

"They thought that by bringing an indictment, charging first-degree murder, which could potentially lead to the death penalty that that would be coercive enough to cause this defendant to start talking," Mason said.

"It's the first day of your speedy trial, Elizabeth. No medical examiner, no body. What do you have?" Pipitone asked.

"So you're missing a key witness, and so you deal with it. You work around it," Rahter said. "You have Cindy (Anthony, Casey Anthony's mother), who smelled the dead body and said it smelled like a dead body. You have George (Anthony, Casey Anthony's father), who used to be a deputy, and says it smelled like a dead body. You have K-9 dogs that alerted on the car. And so there's a dead body. The question is: How many dead bodies does Casey Anthony drive around in her car?"

Mason said it's very difficult to prove a murder case without a body.

"There's absolutely no evidence other than somebody saying they think they smelled what smelled like a dead body," Mason said. "What if they're right? What if there is a dead body? Does that prove there's an unlawful killing? The answer is no, because every homicide is not murder. This child could have accidentally died any number of ways, and they'll never be able to prove without a body or a confession."

Pipitone said the state does have scientific evidence that it could use, including chemicals indicating a decomposing human body were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car.

"They're going to have to present evidence to convince the court that such tests are generally accepted by the scientific community. And since you've called me, I've inquired. I'm not aware of a single case that's been admitted anywhere," Mason said.

"So this is hocus pocus science?" Pipitone said.

"Yes. I'd just have to agree with that," Mason said.

"How can I put this person on trial for her life when the scientific evidence has not been used anywhere else?" Pipitone asked Rahter.

"They have to show that it's accepted in the scientific community. It's hard, a high hurdle in Florida to pass," she said.

"So that's going to be tough for the prosecution?" Pipitone said.

"Yeah, but it's helpful that it's corroborated," Rahter said.

A hair pulled from the car trunk was consistent in length and color with Caylee's hair, showing signs of decomposition, Pipitone said. DNA tests reveal the hair came from Caylee or any of her maternal ancestors, from her mother to her great-grandmother, Pipitone said.

"Is that not evidence of death?" Pipitone asked Mason.

"I don't believe it necessarily is. They can certainly argue it, but I don't think it proves it's a death. It's proving it's an old hair with some tissue that has decomposed," Mason said.

"He's good. He's tearing apart the state's case here, and basically says there is no case," Pipitone said.

"Every case is circumstantial," Rahter said. It has to be caught on videotape, right? Otherwise, it's circumstantial. Right? So here you have the smell of a dead body, you have chloroform in the trunk, you have somebody who's continually covering stuff up, making up lies, spewing stuff forth and somebody that's missing. You prove it like every other case."

"Without the body, the state is really in a hole," Mason said. "Really, really bad without the body."

A challenge but not impossible, the former prosecutor said.

Anthony Book Deal

Local 6 News confirmed that George and Cindy Anthony are planning to write a book, but a deal is not yet in place.

The book will not be a tell-all about the case involving their missing granddaughter, Local 6 News reported.

The book will focus on what families should do if their child is missing
The title of the book should be --What not to do when your chiuld is missing!  --- oon that they are experts---I thought she said she was not going to write a book--LIES LIES LIES
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1102 on: November 20, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »

I usually look forward to the first week of January to deconstruct all of the Christmas decorations and tree that my kids helped me put up, now I will be awaiting casey's trial so I can finally hear all of the things we have been wondering about..Jan 5th , huh? 40 days? Maybe that day will be a good omen for justice for caylee.. its would have been my daughters 19th birthday.. Angels care!! 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1103 on: November 20, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »

Good day to all the monks.  I just can't believe the twists and turns uinvolved with this whole circus.  Now Moe is saying she wants to write a book on what to do in searching for missing children.  Have mercy, I just slipped on a banana peel.  That would be like Jeffrey Dahlmer writing a cooking book.  Have a great day all - must return to work.

Be casual, as always

No, I thought Bearly was refering to Casual..

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1104 on: November 20, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »

Be casual, as always

Oh.. so Casual's a boy?  And Bearly's your girl? 

I thought Casual was a girl? 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1105 on: November 20, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »

Jose Baez Requests Access To Internal Records
Thursday, November 20, 2008 – updated: 9:56 am EST November 20, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Defense attorney Jose Baez has asked a judge for access to internal records from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the State Attorney's Office. Baez is claiming that the information leaked to the public came from one of the two offices

Baez also said the leaks in the case may result in a tainted jury pool

http://www.wftv.com/news/18022622/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1106 on: November 20, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »

OMG, Seaman, I thought you swallowed the Kool Aid there for a moment.   

Not a chance...I have my own Kool Aid 

I just figured I'd throw a serious post in here somewhere and spark some conversation...can't always be the court jester 

Is that another hat I see in your future?   joker  We are gonna start calling you the mad hatter...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1107 on: November 20, 2008, 01:33:50 PM »

HEARING RESET FOR ANTHONY MOTIONS

A hearing on a prosecutor's request for a gag order in the Casey Anthony case has been reset. On November 25 an Orange County Circuit judge will also hear requests from the defense to reveal evidence and from the Orlando Sentinel, which opposes the gag order in the first-degree murder case against 22-year-old Casey Anthony (read all motions).

Motions
http://www.wftv.com/news/18010377/detail.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1108 on: November 20, 2008, 01:36:43 PM »

LOL..why do I have an image of the three stooges in my head now 

1) I don't know

2) No...I don't think so but she always talks to  me when i post and greets me in the morning.

3) see 1 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1109 on: November 20, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Defense attorney Jose Baez has asked a judge for access to internal records from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the State Attorney's Office. Baez is claiming that the information leaked to the public came from one of the two offices

Does this mean that they would have to move the trial outside of Orlando? 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: November 20, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

LOL..why do I have an image of the three stooges in my head now 

1) I don't know

2) No...I don't think so but she always talks to  me when i post and greets me in the morning.

3) see 1 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1111 on: November 20, 2008, 01:41:07 PM »

Janet... can he actually be granted this ? seems a little much to me, any legal minds here?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1112 on: November 20, 2008, 01:44:52 PM »

Be casual, as always

Now that's quite the visual, Dahlmer writing a cookbook, Anthony's writing a book on what to do when your child is missing.

Hey no rose colored glasses - Is that a Chihuahua in your avatar?  Cute dog.  I have a 6 month old red Min Pin, Ruby.  Got her after my 13 y/o black/rust Min Pin, Pearl died on Memorial day.
Yes it is, my older daughter has a Chihuahua, sorry about Pearl, I know how horrible it is to loose a pet.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1113 on: November 20, 2008, 01:44:58 PM »

Baez should have already filed for a change of venue.. maybe he has a WalMart law diploma..
The trial will either be moved to the panhandle or downstate, maybe Naples or Miami

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: November 20, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

I do not think the witness list that was released is complete.  If it was it would imply that the forensic experts' findings that comprised that report would not be entered into evidence at a trial.  Then there is the testimonies of Leonard Padilla, Rob Dick and Tracy Mclaughlin.  There was so much that was heard and observed within the Anthony home throughout Casey's first release.  The changing story of Casey Anthony that states that she left Caylee with the nanny at Blanchard Park is huge.

Janet

WFTV OBTAINS STATE WITNESS LIST IN CASEY ANTHONY CASE

From mom and dad to an ex-lover and ex-best friend, Eyewitness News obtained the new list of witnesses (see list) the defense plans to call in the case against Casey.

Eyewitness News first reported that Casey Anthony's own defense attorney, Jose Baez, was on the state prosecutor's witness list for her first-degree murder trial. It turned out that the state had erred in including him.

The State Attorney's Office released the following statement on Tuesday afternoon: "Yesterday the State filed a witness list with the Orange County Clerk of Courts for the above case. The name Jose Baez was included on that witness list in error. After removing his name, the amended witness list will again be placed on file with the clerk."

There are three people from Hopespring Drive on the witness list, George and Cindy Anthony, of course, but also their neighbor, Brian Burner. He's the man Casey borrowed a shovel from. The three are among 83 witnesses the state wants to call to the stand when Casey Anthony goes to trial for first-degree murder.

On that list are many you might expect, Lee, George and Cindy Anthony, neighbor Brian Burner, whose shovel Casey borrowed around the time Caylee disappeared. The Anthony's spokesperson had no comment to Eyewitness News when asked Tuesday about being named and Brian Burner was not home.

Also named are a slew of Casey's friends, including ex-fiance Jesse Grund, former friend Amy Huizenga, whose checking account was allegedly cleaned out by Casey, and Zenaida Gonzalez, the nanny that filed a law suit.

The state has also subpoenaed transcripts from the Nancy Grace Show.

Witness List:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18008819/detail.html

_____

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1115 on: November 20, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »

Could this be James Copenhaver, the contact for the ground search?   Anyone that was there, did you meet him?[/color]
Weekend Ground Search call:
Call James Copenhaver
(407) 897-1184 or searchorlando@aol.com

I went ahead and emailed WFTV because surely they would know who they're interviewing.. or at least who is there in the room.  I hope!

Should have thought of that.  Great thinking.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1116 on: November 20, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »

Does this mean that they would have to move the trial outside of Orlando? 

My attorney nephew contends that it is possible that the defence will opt for a trial by judge ... no jury.

Considering political, professional, personal connections that often exist between the judge/ district attorney's office and high profile defence attorneys ... there is often a conflict of interest that is beneficial to the suspect.

This concerns me when I consider all the favorable rulings in Casey's favor that has been already been afforded by Judge Strickland.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1117 on: November 20, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »

Janet... can he actually be granted this ? seems a little much to me, any legal minds here?

I do not have a clue.

It was my understanding that the defence is entitled to full discloser from the State Attorney's office/ proscutor's office prior to trial.

Janet

_____

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1118 on: November 20, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »

Be casual, as always

Just dropped my drawers - yep, still a guy.  Just got back from lunch and the 2nd page of the Chicago Suntimes had the following headline (true story):  "Anthony's plight is about the most tragic I've ever seen".  I said you gott be $hittin me.  Turns out the article was about a man supposedely falsely sentenced to life in prison for a murder that he didn't commit. 

Real men do blog.

Be casual,

Do No Evil 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1119 on: November 20, 2008, 01:59:13 PM »

OMG, Seaman, I thought you swallowed the Kool Aid there for a moment.   

Not a chance...I have my own Kool Aid 

I just figured I'd throw a serious post in here somewhere and spark some conversation...can't always be the court jester

Is that another hat I see in your future?   joker  We are gonna start calling you the mad hatter...

I swear, I cannot catch up on my reading without you all putting me to work!  LOL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.