May 02, 2024, 09:46:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 173563 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:49 AM »

Did I read early in this thread that today they will convene the Grand Jury in this case to start reviewing the evidence they have recovered so far?  I am anxious to see who that evidence leads to as far as charges. Whether it will be EB or AB or both or if someone else is also involved.   

I thought I had read that also.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »

As I was handing out candy tonight, Zahra was on my mind and I was thinking that in a perfect world, she should be excitedly trick or treating too.

It seems that Zahra loved animals and I think that this Halloween, she's got a very special pet collection. God Bless You, Sweet Zahra!

Adorable!  I love this!  Thank you CBB

I love it too...thanks CBB...

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: November 01, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »

Hey CW!
This went with that last post from Bio-mum, Zahra's mother:

sorry mk didnt know you were posting

i think Zahra's mum is sincere, she is just in the zone of WTH is going
on, and feeling a little boxed in i imagine

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2010, 10:06:44 AM »

Hey CW!
This went with that last post from Bio-mum, Zahra's mother:

sorry mk didnt know you were posting

i think Zahra's mum is sincere, she is just in the zone of WTH is going
on, and feeling a little boxed in i imagine

Has to be an extremely rough place for any parent to be in. 

I hope she has good nurturing and supportive people around her.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »

Police returning to Zahra Baker home
Investigators have evidence but no proven leads in 10-year-old's recent disappearance.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/01/1802698/police-making-another-visit-to.html#ixzz142YjObHY
Searchers will continue looking for any clues in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Hickory girl this week. They are likely to return to the family's house, where they spent much of last week digging up the yard and sifting through piles of mulch.

Hickory Police Deputy Chief Clyde Deal said Sunday that searchers will probably return to Zahra Baker's house early today, and authorities will then decide where to focus for the rest of the week.

No one has been charged yet with abducting or killing Zahra, reported missing by her father and stepmother Oct. 9. Police have treated her disappearance as a homicide investigation for several weeks.

District Attorney Jay Gaither hasn't said if his office is preparing charges but has said he is consulting with the N.C. Attorney General's office and other prosecutors on the issue of prosecuting a murder if the victim's body isn't recovered.

"The absence of a body is not considered to be a bar to prosecution by my office," Gaither wrote recently in an e-mail.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/01/1802698/police-making-another-visit-to.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

Punishment was her routine

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/punishment-was-her-routine-ar-500792/
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »

Maybe the mattress dna is so important because......

If they have the date of purchase of the new mattress and Zahra's dna is NOT on that mattress at all, they will know she was not sleeping in that bed since the date of purchase!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »

Zahra's stepmom to appear in court Monday morning

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - The stepmother of Zahra Baker is expected to appear in court in Burke County on Monday, some time after 10 a.m.Elisa Baker is being held in the Catawba County Jail on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of her missing 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra.

MORE....

http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/zahras-stepmom-appear-court-monday-morning
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »

And was dad okay with this kind of punishment? 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »

I am having trouble with the story as well.  Although, I do feel sorry for the biomum..... I also feel we don't have the entire story.  It seems to me, Zahra could have been found through the courts.

Not that I ever was in such a situation, but I was 18, 20, once... and I know that sometimes when we are young we often take the easy way out of situations, and let's say that caring for a child is not always a task that a young woman wants to undertake out of choice.

She could hardly take care of herself, let alone a child. So, she let Adam care for her baby.

Though... she mentioned that Adam abused her and left her demoralized... an empty shell of herself, as she put it. So, leaving her daughter on the care of the man who abused her and made her a mush-pile is not my idea of good judgment, but... again... she was young.

I am not judging her, or wanting to put any guilt on her - only EACH of us know what we can, and cannot, handle.

Some of us do make REALLY bad choices when young, mistakes that haunt us for the rest of our lives.

Maybe now she sees the situation differently, as she has aged and possibly matured enough to see things clearer.

By her statements she seems to be on public aid, and she mentioned "Medicare", which I think it's the Aussie Medicaid. So, with two more children she may not have much money to hire lawyers or investigators to pursue her search out of the country.

When she mentioned that she located the Bakers via Facebook/friend a week before Zahra's disappearance, this thought comes to mind, "did the Bakers hide Zahra in fears of getting in trouble with the law, or having Zahra taken away?"

With the details coming out on the news, I can answer that with a big "NO!"
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »

There should be NO PRIVACY where the welfare of a child is concerned!  I don't care what country it is! 

The neighbors were all concerned about Zahra, but they stopped short of saving her life. 

There was a man, in Wyoming I believe, who was a town bully.  He was vicious!  He kept hurting people and getting away with it.  One day there was some sort of town gathering, and the bully was there.  A shot rang out.  The bully was killed.  Amazingly, there were absolutely no witnesses.  As far as I know, no one was ever charged with his murder.  It's too bad something like that didn't happen to stepmonster!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:39 AM »

Raw Video : Elisa Baker at Burke Co. court

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »

From the raw video
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/10/28/zahra-baker-case-a-review-of-yesterdays-activities/

» biomum said: { Oct 28, 2010 - 06:10:04 }
it seems I have woken with no more news than when I went to sleep. With the time difference between Australia and the US I have had a lot of reading to do this morning. Since finding this blog site, and reading all your writings, I haven’t felt so alone or lost. Being so far away, hearing things from those of you that are local makes me feel that bit closer to everything.

I want to thank Valhall for her support through this. It is true that this is the only place I have been making posts, or any comments. I’m not sure why exactly, but after reading the educated discussion before making my first posting, I had this feeling of safety and compassion, but also honesty without being offensive. As she said, I am happy for you to ask me questions, and if I am up to it I will answer them best I can. I am finding helping you all to understand quite cathartic, and makes me want to do something other than cry and sleep.

*I noticed that a lot of you are curious about Child Support. There are a few ways you can pay your CS payments in Australia, in this case I make automatic payments to the Child Support Agency (CSA, which is federal) and they then electronically transfer it to his nominated account. Our federal Privacy Act prevents he or I from gaining each others details, but (for example) if DFAT (dept of foreign affairs & trading) were to need to find me to give authourity for Zahra’s passport, then as a Gov agency they could access it. (as far as I have been made aware).
I was in contact with CSA earlier this week, and he has not breached their guidelines by going to the US, as the US is an “affiliate country”, or something along those lines. And as I was finding this out, they also made me aware that when they were made aware of her “disappearance”, they automatically put a hold on my payments as of the date she was reported missing.

*As for Adam himself… I must admit that I have always been drawn to the “bad boy” facade, but note “facade”. I was 18 when I met him, and as far as I know he had no criminal record. I was fully aware of some “mischief” he had, and was, getting up to, but thats all it was, teenage trouble making. My mum and sister warned me of what they were seeing, but as they say “love is blind”. next thing I knew I had no contact with my mum and sister, and for some reason believed they were just trying to not let me be happy. I had lost contact with my friends, and was pregnant and living at his mothers house.
Looking back with older, more worldly eyes, it is easy for me to see the manipulation and all the signs, but we all know what they say about hindsight…. I still didn’t know the complete truth until the week Zahra went missing, this month. My mum and sister had not told me, all those years ago, that while I was in labour with Zahra, Adam and his mother wouldn’t even let them in to see me. Even after her birth it was him and his mother. My mother and sister have felt all these years that she was never going to be mine, she was always going to “belong” to the Bakers. That hurt to find out, and I feel so much pain for them. I understand why they would not tell me that, but it must have been so hard for them to keep that inside for so many years.
As for what happened in detail, I will leave that for another post. I am just spewing out information as it wants to come out, so sorry if I ramble. I have never really told this complete story to anyone, even my friends all have just a little piece each.

I think I need a break, and umpteen more cups of coffee. I will be making several posts today, simply because I am feeling more and more comfortable with you all, and the more I seem to release in this “anonomous” way, the less fear I have of the media when I do get to the US….

keep up the awesome investigative work, you are all wonderful for caring so very much
hugs to you all.

So, if they could find her, then why couldn't they find him. After all, if it were joint custody, wouldn't him taking her be considered kidnapping? This should have given enough probable cause to find him.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »

In all fairness, it hasn't been revealed to us how AB was able to move and take Zahra with him.  We don't know what the situation was with him and Zahra's bio-mother.

Perhaps we shouldn't judge too harshly until the facts are known a little better.

We don't know how AB was able to the leave the country, AU, without parental consent of Zahra's mother.

What we do know is AB and EB were responsible for Zahra's well being and apparently, failed miserably.  If we are going to place blame, it needs to be on the guilty parties~MK

OK, I guess I should mention (sometimes stuff gets lost in print that you can't convey in conversation), that I'm not placing blame on mum for not having found her. I'm placing blame on the fact that the government should have had or found a way to find him. If he took her away, and she had orders, then they should have had a way to find them.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2010, 12:42:55 PM »

Investigators back at Zahra's house in Hickory.
http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2010, 12:43:46 PM »

Investigators are working inside the house, not digging.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2010, 12:45:35 PM »

Zahra's stepmom to appear in court Monday afternoon

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - The stepmother of Zahra Baker is expected to appear in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.
Elisa Baker will appear in Burke County court for a probable cause hearing on the larceny charge at 2 p.m.  She is being held in the Catawba County Jail on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of her missing 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra.

Elisa Baker was taken to the Burke County Courthouse in Morganton around 10 am Monday. She was later taken back to Catawba County after it was determined her larceny charge will require a probably cause hearing. She is expected back in Morganton for the hearing at 2 pm.

MORE...

http://morganton.wbtv.com/content/zahras-stepmom-appear-court-monday-afternoon?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2010, 12:45:40 PM »

Investigators are working inside the house, not digging.

Thanks.   The biomom saying that while she was pregnant she had no contact with her mom and sister, now I see how easy it was to manipulate a baby from a 18 year old  I don't think that I would know what to all do in that situation.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »

On that top pic of Elisa she is looking like she is picking at her arm like a meth head.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.